Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons just got me teary-eyed

NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
I've just got teary-eyed from watching seasons announcement! And goosebumps when they showed similarities to the sims 2. First time I played sims 2 seasons it felt magical, and the feeling lasted. I remember it so well! I am so endlessly happy to see sims 4 seasons being inspired by the sims 2.

Now I am only still missing an apartment system that can be applied to other lots.
Very thankful for toddlers and this upcoming expansion pack! Waited for so long for this one!

Edit: I've just found out that the snow will be a flat texture, and that partly takes away the magic from the winter for me. But the feel of the other seasons reminds me of the Sims 2, which I love.
bI7Zx0.gif
Download below
Post edited by NatKingSim on

Comments

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Made me feel very nostalgic as well as a Sims 2 fan. <3
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    TS4 Seasons is going to be way better though. A bit like getting a small Christmas present - a tiny little box - but inside the box are keys to a Ferrari that is parked outside, next to the little, 3 wheeler, that you love.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Yes, I'm quite excited for it. I hope we get the option to set the different seasons manually as well, like in the TS2. I didn't loke the way TS3 handled it where you can only set the length of the season, cuz I wanna align their season with our real life current season.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    TS4 Seasons is going to be way better though. A bit like getting a small Christmas present - a tiny little box - but inside the box are keys to a Ferrari that is parked outside, next to the little, 3 wheeler, that you love.

a very vivid description!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I am so happy they finally brought back Santa! I know in the sims 2 they had him too.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yes, I'm quite excited for it. I hope we get the option to set the different seasons manually as well, like in the TS2. I didn't loke the way TS3 handled it where you can only set the length of the season, cuz I wanna align their season with our real life current season.

I saw one of the guru's say you can choose what season comes first, if that's what you mean. :)
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'm so excited, I was so happy when I saw the teaser and then the trailer came the next day ahhhhh! I couldn't believe it! <3
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    It was really a fantastic trailer!
    The part that striked me the most was the Santa scene. I thought this pack would include the class red Santa known in pop culture. Instead, this Santa has very clear Russian influences! My parents are from Russian descent so I'd always know this kind of Santa.
    Really want to say a personal Thank You to whoever chose to have Sims 4's Santa have Russian influences. They could have just made the standard American Santa but decided to have a unique spin on it.
    This was a really pleasant surprise that reminded me of my childhood.

An example of the Russian influence:

blue-russian-grandfather-frost-russian-santa-vector-18859801.jpg

latest?cb=20180524174843

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

I saw one of the guru's say you can choose what season comes first, if that's what you mean. :)

Oh that is good to hear. Yeah, I like the TS2 way of handling the seasons, cuz they have the 4 boxes and you can just set all of them to Summer, so it will forever be summer until you want to change it. Or you can be funny and put Winter and then Summer, like what you're saying here. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I'm so excited for Seasons! I feel like most people are unhappy with it in some way or another, but I'm very excited for it!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    I've just got teary-eyed from watching seasons announcement! And goosebumps when they showed similarities to the sims 2. First time I played sims 2 seasons it felt magical, and the feeling lasted. I remember it so well! I am so endlessly happy to see sims 4 seasons being inspired by the sims 2.

Now I am only still missing an apartment system that can be applied to other lots.
    Very thankful for toddlers and this upcoming expansion pack! Waited for so long for this one!

I must have missed something - the trailer I saw was about 3 seconds long.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »

I must have missed something - the trailer I saw was about 3 seconds long.

We had the teaser on Wednesday and the trailer on Thursday:

https://youtu.be/tn0hCTyj2Kc

Plus we've had 2 blog posts on the pack at https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims -- click on The Sims 4 and select Latest News.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Looks much more interesting than I thought it would. I'll get it, maybe wait as long as I can to see if it goes on sale.