Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited May 2018
    I am not sure if I can talk about this here.. but it was from the new blog today about the Climate family

This caught my interest
    "And finally, winter. We can’t say much about winter, except that it may bring some unexpected family members."

..... I am confused by this.. curious if this mean pregnancies will occur more often in winter time? That could be interesting if they added that! Or does it mean something else entirely? I'm super excited to find out! xD

I'm also wondering about rotational play.. if I go to a house and play.. and I start on Summer and end on Winter.. will it be winter in that same spot when I get back, or will I have missed winter and entered Spring because I was playing another family?

If it's the latter then I suppose I'll be keeping my individual families in separate saves and only playing one family per save; which I'm fine with..... sorta... just because that's how I've been doing it already, but lately I've been wanting to add more of my own Sims to the game instead of having townies being the only friends my Sims have. :/

Time will tell. Can't wait for more information.

Maybe the bringing of "unexpected family members" will work kind of like in A Christmas Carol, and our Sims will be visited by "Ghosts of Christmas Past", meaning, the ghosts of dead relatives. That's what I immediately thought of, although I'm the Supernatural enthusiast, so I will associate anything and everything with occults, haha.

Okay, I just need to point this out because I got really excited about it, but...the Father Winter outfit is so awesome, it would make the perfect Dumbledore robes. Oh that's right, my friends! My Father Winter will be Dumbledore! <3
    #Team Occult
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I am not sure if I can talk about this here.. but it was from the new blog today about the Climate family

This caught my interest
    "And finally, winter. We can’t say much about winter, except that it may bring some unexpected family members."

..... I am confused by this.. curious if this mean pregnancies will occur more often in winter time? That could be interesting if they added that! Or does it mean something else entirely? I'm super excited to find out! xD

I'm also wondering about rotational play.. if I go to a house and play.. and I start on Summer and end on Winter.. will it be winter in that same spot when I get back, or will I have missed winter and entered Spring because I was playing another family?

If it's the latter then I suppose I'll be keeping my individual families in separate saves and only playing one family per save; which I'm fine with..... sorta... just because that's how I've been doing it already, but lately I've been wanting to add more of my own Sims to the game instead of having townies being the only friends my Sims have. :/

Maybe the bringing of "unexpected family members" will work kind of like in A Christmas Carol, and our Sims will be visited by "Ghosts of Christmas Past", meaning, the ghosts of dead relatives. That's what I immediately thought of, although I'm the Supernatural enthusiast, so I will associate anything and everything with occults, haha.

Okay, I just need to point this out because I got really excited about it, but...the Father Winter outfit is so awesome, it would make the perfect Dumbledore robes. Oh that's right, my friends! My Father Winter will be Dumbledore! <3

I read this as each Season represents a family member. They are telling the story of each member to give some insight to each Season. If you notice, the toddler is not named in the blog. I think he is Winter and the idea of "unexpected family members" was actually his birth (story).

If this is it, they probably should have used a pic that didn't include the little one, making him the surprise story.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

This caught my interest

I read this as each Season represents a family member. They are telling the story of each member to give some insight to each Season. If you notice, the toddler is not named in the blog. I think he is Winter and the idea of "unexpected family members" was actually his birth (story).

If this is it, they probably should have used a pic that didn't include the little one, making him the surprise story.

Oh yeah, now that I look at the blog story, you're right. Aw shucks.
    #Team Occult
  • PinklixtyPinklixty Posts: 37 Member
    Can't wait for it!!
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm excited that this pack is coming soon, but it's something I'll wait for a sale to get. I bought pets on its release day, and I'll buy any occult-related game pack or a Supernatural EP on release day at full price too. But all other EPs really aren't something I'm dying to have, but I'm still super happy that this is here. It's definitely something I'll want at some point! <3
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018

This caught my interest

My theory is that family will drop by for a surprise visit for Christmas, bearing food and gifts. Kind of like the welcome wagon, but with extended family. A mini-family reunion. I really hope this is what it means. But more likely, the toddler is Winter and it has something to do with births. :/
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Soooo excited! I can't wait to take some seasons pics with the Baronets family.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • erni642erni642 Posts: 18 Member
    I love flowers so low-key fav part is making my own floral arrangements... haha
    tumblr_n6k14jarrC1s9lptno1_r1_500.gif
    take me to paris
  • erni642erni642 Posts: 18 Member
    > @AbyArashi said:
    > I can't wait a whole month I need it now!! I'm sad we are not getting swimming in the ocean BUT everything is amazing I can't wait aaaah aaah!!
    a better wait than cats and dogs though lol
    tumblr_n6k14jarrC1s9lptno1_r1_500.gif
    take me to paris
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/meet-the-climates

You guys, I think this may be hinting at weather traits?

They mentioned lying by the pool....

Could it be...LOUNGE CHAIRS?! ::gleeful applause::

In one of the screenshots it looked like there were beach towels on the grass -- could be the lying down by the pool is on beach towels. We already have the lying down animation from cloudgazing/stargazing, just take out the pointing/talking animations.

That would be awesome if their beach towels.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

No Grant ruled lounge chairs out.

So what are they lying on? A towel? The ground?

I didn't see them lying on a towel. What time in the trailer did this happen?
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I really hope there is Traits like "Hates the Cold"
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    No picnic basket, no sunbathing, no thick snow.
    Looking back at previous expansions we're getting a lot. But I just can't cope with that snow being just a terrain paint.
    Guys why do you agree with it. Don't you think that game would look much nicer in winter?
    Hopefully we'll get some more interesting info next week
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

No Grant ruled lounge chairs out.

So what are they lying on? A towel? The ground?

I didn't see them lying on a towel. What time in the trailer did this happen?

They were't lying on them, but there were 2 towels under the "picnic basket" decór in the water balloon scene.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    This is actually happening isn't it? it's not just me?

The announcement out of nowhere, the release date in June, ever since I heard I've felt like I'm in a wonderful dream and I'm worried I'm gonna wake up at any moment.

Noooo. The sickening, it's happening!!!!

Erm, sorry, I meant seasons. I'm so excited!!! And yeah the release date is awesome and so close. They should always release withing this time window. Much much better than having to wait two months.

So much this! And I like that the two-week boost event includes the Gardening skill so it feels like I have something productive to do that's pack-related. I figured out last night which Sim is going to enter a Gardening career for something new in her life, now that her kids are growing up :)

Agreed with the gardening boost :D I'm glad I was already playing gardeners, so like you, I at least feel like I'm preparing them for seasons. After all, they only have to get through the summer now (I'll just pretend it is) and as of June 22nd, fall is coming <3
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    One thing I like is that besides all the new stuff coming in the pack, I'll get more use out of my stuff packs: Spooky stuff for the fall holiday, of course, but also the ice cream maker and water slide in summer, and the buffet table and fountain for a feast in winter.

As for the new stuff: I can't wait for raincoats, flower arranging, snowmen (I counted at least 3 different types), leaf piles, and thunderstorms.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2018
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    One thing I like is that besides all the new stuff coming in the pack, I'll get more use out of my stuff packs: Spooky stuff for the fall holiday, of course, but also the ice cream maker and water slide in summer, and the buffet table and fountain for a feast in winter.

As for the new stuff: I can't wait for raincoats, flower arranging, snowmen (I counted at least 3 different types), leaf piles, and thunderstorms.
    I didn't think about the SP stuff, you've given me some great ideas. :)

The hot tub can also work well in the summer (or an indoor hot tub during winter), Romantic Garden Stuff as a whole is perfect for spring as well as Backyard Stuff in the summer and Laundry Day Stuff would be interesting in each season (as long as they combine the packs correctly)...
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I’m hoping there are traits for the seasons as well. TS4 revolves around emotions and I’m interested in seeing how will the weather affect them. Surely if there are traits for the different seasons they’ll get a positive or negative buff. I wonder if gloomy sims might get depressed in the rain :o

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I’m hoping there are traits for the seasons as well. TS4 revolves around emotions and I’m interested in seeing how will the weather affect them. Surely if there are traits for the different seasons they’ll get a positive or negative buff. I wonder if gloomy sims might get depressed in the rain :o

It'd be interesting though if Gloomy Sims get a positive moddlet from the rain. You know, something like The world is crying just like my soul.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    BLESS THIS

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY WORLDS TO BE DYNAMIC AGAIN

Gosh, I'm definitely also looking forwards to seeing what the climates are like in each world!! aaaaaaaa

please tell me the daytime hours change by season too

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    I'll bet that Sims will get the "uncomfortable" moodlet if they're too hot or too cold.
    4kkjdXo.png

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Do you think there might be more things that they didn't show? What about a kids lemonade stand? This would have also been the perfect pack for the picnic basket. The only new things I really saw were for summer and winter. Like the kiddie pool and swings and gift giving. I get they wanted to implement holidays but I guess I feel there is a lot missing. I'm hoping that they still have something up their sleeve and didn't show everything we are getting yet. I'm thirsty for more information. I'm not very patient. lol
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Anyone else clock the GLASS ROOF at the beginning?!
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Anyone else clock the GLASS ROOF at the beginning?!

Glass roofs will be part of the pre-EP patch if I'm not mistaken :love:
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited May 2018
    quote from @SimTrippy:
    Glass roofs will be part of the pre-EP patch if I'm not mistaken

Yes, @SimTrippy --- that's what the guru's announced somewhere in this thread --- or another related thread.
    4kkjdXo.png