Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims don't use the closest surface.

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
Ok, here is the problem. My Sims have a kitchen with what seems to have available surfaces. However once they cook they take the completed meal to an upstairs bathroom counter. What do I need to do to get them to use the kitchen counters?

Comments

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I've had this happen too, @Bronwin2. I find it happens with sinks for washing dishes too. There might be a thread for routing issues such as this one on the EA help forums. Have you popped by there yet?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    No. I will take a look.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Are the Counters in the bathroom higher quality ones than in the kitchen? Maybe that's why because sims like to use higher quality stuff.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Are the Counters in the bathroom higher quality ones than in the kitchen? Maybe that's why because sims like to use higher quality stuff.
    I don’t think this is the problem, my child sim wouldn’t even use the reward desk from the business career to do his homework. He was in the same room and he was going to go downstairs to the kitchen table. Had to put the homework on the desk for him to use it.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    This might be one of my biggest pet peeves with this game. I do not have routing issues because sometimes they do use the kitchen sink, but sometimes they will PASS the kitchen sink and use the bathroom sink. It's so annoying.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    To be honest, a Sim can sometimes walk past a dishwasher and use a sink.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »

This could be a factor - ie not just counters but also sinks themselves. A bathroom sink is nicer than a cheap kitchen one - so, does a Sim know that?

ie, a distance check is overruled by the appeal of something - ie rendering a distant check pointless because the Sim is going to go do what it wants regardless.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    This was a problem ages ago, but then it was fixed, only now it seems to be back after the patch? Makes me wonder what else they accidentally broke. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I'm also having a problem with no available surfaces between each stage of cooking—like, chop the vegetables, toss the salad in the bowl, pour out the salad. My sim insists on moving to a new surface in between each stage, instead of using the perfectly good surface they were just on. If the only other surface is across the lot and three floors up, they'll walk there to use it. If there isn't another surface, they'll throw up their hands and whine. What was wrong with the perfectly good surface you were just using?!?

I have a sim in an apartment who has a really small kitchen with only one block of open counter space, and she complains constantly if the food has more than one stage of counter preparation. I end up having to drag the food onto the floor for her to pick up and continue using the counter, lol!

Sinks too, OMG. These are NOT smarter sims!