Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get another expansion this year?

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes
    @Erpe wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Erpe
    I won’t be surprised if Seasons even becomes the very last EP for the Sims 4. But I expect EA to release both an SP and a GP too this year.

You must have missed this tweet:
    No, I didn’t miss it. But where does it say that those are EPs for TS4? Maybe only one of them will ever be released and then it could be a GP for TS4 or maybe even some pack for TS5?

Grant specifically clarified later that the poll is for TS4 and not TS5.

I notice two things:
    1. He said pack and not expansion pack. So we don’t know what kind of pack it will be.
    2. “After some normal stuff” likely means after the packs they make in the rest of 2018 or just after one of those packs. So it could be some extra pack they will make while we wait for TS5 to be released.

Grant specifically said “a more whacky expansion”. He used “pack” later cause you know, expansion packs are also packs. And don’t forget Grant is the lead producer on expansion packs and he specifically work on expansion packs. SimGuruNinja is the one who’s in charge of game packs.

Even a stuff pack takes close a year to make anyway (as is evident from the community stuff pack project). Any TS4 packs they haven’t started to make won’t be released until mid-2019 at the earliest.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    @Erpe wrote: »
    Erpe
    I won’t be surprised if Seasons even becomes the very last EP for the Sims 4. But I expect EA to release both an SP and a GP too this year.

No, I didn’t miss it. But where does it say that those are EPs for TS4? Maybe only one of them will ever be released and then it could be a GP for TS4 or maybe even some pack for TS5?

Grant specifically clarified later that the poll is for TS4 and not TS5.

I notice two things:
    1. He said pack and not expansion pack. So we don’t know what kind of pack it will be.
    2. “After some normal stuff” likely means after the packs they make in the rest of 2018 or just after one of those packs. So it could be some extra pack they will make while we wait for TS5 to be released.

Grant specifically said “a more whacky expansion”. He used “pack” later cause you know, expansion packs are also packs. And don’t forget Grant is the lead producer on expansion packs and he specifically work on expansion packs. SimGuruNinja is the one who’s in charge of game packs.

Even a stuff pack takes close a year to make anyway (as is evident from the community stuff pack project). Any TS4 packs they haven’t started to make won’t be released until mid-2019 at the earliest.
    Grant works on both GPs and EPs. Therefore we can’t know for sure. He describes himself as “the lead producer of the Sims 4 managing multiple product teams as well as special teams”.

Now he has made some confusing statements which people can interpretate as they wish and which some simmers surely will interpretate as TS5 not even being in the beginning of its development yet. But I can’t imagine that EA is ready to give up on making big Sims games if another company should make an attempt to steal a big part of the market. (This isn’t Grant’s decision at all though - but a decision for EA’s top to make.)
    No
    @SimTrippy I know. But in EA’s terminology “soon” usually means about 8 months and “for years out” could just be some wish he said deliberately ignoring what he knows about TS5 because he isn’t allowed to talk about TS5 yet. If he could guarantee that TS4 still will get new packs at least until 2020 then why doesn’t he say so?

Yes, he knows that simmers always have wanted more and also about everything from TS2 and TS3. But instead everything has been simplified and there is no way that he suddenly can guarantee that it all will come anyway. He also has to encourage us to buy more though. So is this just what he attempts with loose promises that he knows he won’t fully be able to fulfill anyway?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Yes
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Lol, I'm still waiting for the EA Play Sims 5 announcement with a release in 2019. :p
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @SimTrippy I know. But in EA’s terminology “soon” usually means about 8 months and “for years out” could just be some wish he said deliberately ignoring what he knows about TS5 because he isn’t allowed to talk about TS5 yet. If he could guarantee that TS4 still will get new packs at least until 2020 then why doesn’t he say so?

Yes, he knows that simmers always have wanted more and also about everything from TS2 and TS3. But instead everything has been simplified and there is no way that he suddenly can guarantee that it all will come anyway. He also has to encourage us to buy more though. So is this just what he attempts with loose promises that he knows he won’t fully be able to fulfill anyway?

I don't think this will be the last EP. I can't be sure, no, but neither can you. It wouldn't surprise me if there was still a farming EP, perhaps magic will be an EP with a big magical world. Perhaps not. We will see.

Lol, I'm still waiting for the EA Play Sims 5 announcement with a release in 2019. :p

Maybe he meant the next EA Play ^^
    No

I don't think this will be the last EP. I can't be sure, no, but neither can you. It wouldn't surprise me if there was still a farming EP, perhaps magic will be an EP with a big magical world. Perhaps not. We will see.
    I agree. We can’t know anything for sure because we don’t know if something unusually has changed for now apparent reason. But logic tells me that EA makes the games not just to please us but to earn as much money as possible. Also TS4 has been targeted even more at young new simmers than the earlier big Sims games were. We can see this from all the omissions and simplifications in TS4 and also by the fact that the gurus now so clearly prefer to give information and discuss TS4 on Twitter instead of the forum as they used earlier. But those young simmers become older and most of them stop playing the game after a few years and TS4 has already become too big and with too many packs for the next new generation to start with now. Therefore sales numbers will go down and EA will lose most of a generation of new young simmers unless EA soon moves on to TS5 and start over once again. But it would be very unlike EA to let something like this happen.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes

So this is what being in denial looks like, lol. Grant literally said 'expansion' in the earlier tweet and has made it clear TS4 isn't going anywhere for years. Too proud to concede, huh? :D
  • JoshuaSims_JoshuaSims_ Posts: 10 New Member
    No
    Well, i hope we do.
    No

So this is what being in denial looks like, lol. Grant literally said 'expansion' in the earlier tweet and has made it clear TS4 isn't going anywhere for years. Too proud to concede, huh? :D
    Your guess is as good as mine. But Grant isn’t EA’s CEO or even on EA’s Board of Directors. So I don’t believe that EA’s top have told him that he can continue to just make EPs for TS4 at least 5 years more ;)

Your guess is as good as mine. But Grant isn’t EA’s CEO or even on EA’s Board of Directors. So I don’t believe that EA’s top have told him that he can continue to just make EPs for TS4 at least 5 years more ;)

No but he probably knows more about it than you or I do xD
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Yes

He didn't say at least 5 years more.

I'm thinking 2-3 years.
    edited May 2018
    No

I'm thinking 2-3 years.
    Yes. But even 2-3 years don’t sound likely to me. The reason mainly is the picture I have in my head about EA’s CEO giving a financial report to the stock holders and then being asked about EA’s plans for the Sims games. “How is sales numbers going and will you soon be ready to release the Sims 5?” and then I just can’t imaging him answer: ”Sales numbers for the packs have begun to go down. But we don’t plan to release the next big Sims game very soon anyway because we still earn a little money on the Sims 4 packs although the older packs sold better when we released them a couple of years ago.” because I imagine that some of the stock holders then would ask for a better explanation of the fact that they pay so many millions to EA’s top and board members in yearly salaries if they really don’t have higher goals than this. EA’s top are under constant pressure to show results and to have ideas about progress instead of being satisfied with just status quo (or even with small reductions in EA’s income and sales numbers).
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes

@Erpe should start preparing some excuses, such as “TS5 is just experiencing last-minute development difficulties guys! That’s the only reason why it’s not announced yet!” or “Don’t worry TS5 is just having a minor delay! Just wait one more month I promise you it will get announced this time!” cause time passes fast and it won’t be long before we’re in 2019.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • VintageMusicBoxVintageMusicBox Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes
    I'm going be optimistic and say yes :P
    No

@Erpe should start preparing some excuses, such as “TS5 is just experiencing last-minute development difficulties guys! That’s the only reason why it’s not announced yet!” or “Don’t worry TS5 is just having a minor delay! Just wait one more month I promise you it will get announced this time!” cause time passes fast and it won’t be long before we’re in 2019.
    Why? I have never expected TS5 to be announced before this summer and EA Play, E3 or Gamescom seem to be the best places to do that.

But maybe you are right that TS5 has been postponed at least a year more. But if it hasn’t been announced before September then I will sure start wondering why not? ;)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes
    Yes I expect another EP this year around November. This is out so quick cause it didn't come with a new world. I'm also expecting another Gamepack next quarter and maybe a Stuffpack as well.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Yes
    @Erpe

He said there creating content for sims 4 years in. Why would they create sims 5 content first ? He even said there 100% dedacated to sims 4 content. There’s no % left for sims 5 stuff lol
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited May 2018
    No
    I'm only voting no because I don't want to get my hopes too high to be honest. If it did happen it would be a real shocker to me but then again if they keep releasing only one EP a year the sims 4 is going to be around a lot longer (which isnt a problem for me.) They still have a lot to add tbh. University, Generations (I don't really count the parenting game pack too much to be a generation replacement.), Supernatural (I know some people keep saying they probably plan on separating all of the life states but I literally highly doubt it.)
    Yes

He may not be CEO, but as lead producer of EPs and the game in general, he surely knows how many years in advance they've planned out packs. So if they're planning packs for years out, they're obviously not ready to release TS5. Logic.
    Yes

I'm thinking 2-3 years.
    Yes. But even 2-3 years don’t sound likely to me. The reason mainly is the picture I have in my head about EA’s CEO giving a financial report to the stock holders and then being asked about EA’s plans for the Sims games. “How is sales numbers going and will you soon be ready to release the Sims 5?” and then I just can’t imaging him answer: ”Sales numbers for the packs have begun to go down. But we don’t plan to release the next big Sims game very soon anyway because we still earn a little money on the Sims 4 packs although the older packs sold better when we released them a couple of years ago.” because I imagine that some of the stock holders then would ask for a better explanation of the fact that they pay so many millions to EA’s top and board members in yearly salaries if they really don’t have higher goals than this. EA’s top are under constant pressure to show results and to have ideas about progress instead of being satisfied with just status quo (or even with small reductions in EA’s income and sales numbers).

So, when Grant said 'years,' you think maybe he meant, what... One? Your reasoning is all made up in your head instead of believing what's right in front of you. Apparently, sales for TS4 are just fine and EA's going to milk it as long as they can. Get used to it. :)
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

Why? I have never expected TS5 to be announced before this summer and EA Play, E3 or Gamescom seem to be the best places to do that.

But maybe you are right that TS5 has been postponed at least a year more. But if it hasn’t been announced before September then I will sure start wondering why not? ;)

It's not been postponed because it was never planned in the first place. My goodness it's been clear from the start with the way that they're drip feeding us packs for TS4 (particularly expansion packs) that they're going to keep TS4 going a lot longer the it's predecessors managed. One of the earliest things we were told is that they went with this particular art style because it's ageless; compare how outdated TS3 looks right now to TS4 (which itself is still a four year old game). Add to this the fact that Grant has outright said that they're planning packs for years down the line. Pets and Seasons in previous versions have take upwards of two years to do. Other expansions take at least one year. Now, I'm assuming that since they've completed the console release they've thrown some more staff at the expansions OR that they are building more than one at a time (despite previously claiming that they only have one team on them now) which is why Seasons is being released so close to Cats and Dogs. I'd also assume that as the two heaviest packs are out of the way they can focus on getting packs out more frequently; it wouldn't be unlike TS3 in its final years when we were getting packs released much more often. However, the difference here is that whilst we're in year five, we've only got four expansions so far. The game is severely lacking. They can make a lot more money out of TS4 without the huge expense of having to build and entire new game (and engine) from the ground up. Economically they'll make more money right now by continuing with TS4.

It has a long way to go yet. Please, stop insisting that they're getting ready to announce a sequel, you'll only have your hopes dashed.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Yes
    Well...
    Maybe.

If portions of Seasons have been in the works since the beginning, they could have worked on the difficult parts first, with a small team with multiple responsibilities, and once the concept was proven it could have been a shorter development time to make the EP. You would think weather would be one of the big questions for the TS4 game engine from the start.

Meanwhile, work could have bee progressing on the next EP for Christmas.
    A game pack probably in the Fall (hopefully Farming, or Witches) and a few stuff packs.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

It's not been postponed because it was never planned in the first place. My goodness it's been clear from the start with the way that they're drip feeding us packs for TS4 (particularly expansion packs) that they're going to keep TS4 going a lot longer the it's predecessors managed. One of the earliest things we were told is that they went with this particular art style because it's ageless; compare how outdated TS3 looks right now to TS4 (which itself is still a four year old game). Add to this the fact that Grant has outright said that they're planning packs for years down the line. Pets and Seasons in previous versions have take upwards of two years to do. Other expansions take at least one year. Now, I'm assuming that since they've completed the console release they've thrown some more staff at the expansions OR that they are building more than one at a time (despite previously claiming that they only have one team on them now) which is why Seasons is being released so close to Cats and Dogs. I'd also assume that as the two heaviest packs are out of the way they can focus on getting packs out more frequently; it wouldn't be unlike TS3 in its final years when we were getting packs released much more often. However, the difference here is that whilst we're in year five, we've only got four expansions so far. The game is severely lacking. They can make a lot more money out of TS4 without the huge expense of having to build and entire new game (and engine) from the ground up. Economically they'll make more money right now by continuing with TS4.

It has a long way to go yet. Please, stop insisting that they're getting ready to announce a sequel, you'll only have your hopes dashed.

Actually, Sims 4 turns four in September, so it's a little over 3 1/2. Maybe it just feels longer to some people? :D
    #Team Occult