Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many different saves do you have?

How often do you make them?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    5. Four different stories came to mind at various times between last September and last month. The fifth save is just a time waster until Seasons is released so my regular saves can enjoy it.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I always have between three and five saves. I start a new one whenever I get bored and delete one if I haven't played it in over a month (which means that I'm not interested in it any longer). I started a new one yesterday for Seasons. I'm building all the worlds and creating at least a hundred of townies!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    One, and if everything goes completely kaput (by my standards) I'll abandon it and start a new one.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    2, my main world and the other is where I drop new sims I want to introduce into my main world. It’s usually where I just build their skill up and get them into a decent level at a career. Once I think they’ll be good on their own I save them and transfer to the main world. If I don’t the townies my main world generates would mainly be jobless and skill less and for some reason really old.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Currently between 10-12; only one is my main gameplay save, one secondary, a couple are test saves, another one is a save to generally store all my favorite Sims, and the rest are essentially the same as those other saves but modded. So half modded and half unmodded.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Three that I actually use. My main save, my alternate save, and my template save.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have over 60 save files for challenges, builds, templates and just plain random gameplay. Each save file has it's own folder on my hard drive filled with subfolders for tray files, screenshots, build plans, challenge rules, storyline/backgrounds, etc.

I like to keep my game streamlined so I only have perhaps 1-3 game save files actually in the game at any given time. I always remove any tray files of Sims/houses from my library and screenshots to appropriate files when I close the game. I just plop them back in as needed.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Just one right now, but with 23 played households. I'm bad about sticking with saves, I keep wanting to try something different, but always wind up going back to my original playing style.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Several. Both in my game folder, but also elsewhere on my computer :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have 12 active saves. A couple of them I started back when I got the game in December 2015. In those 12 saves I have 64 households in total, ranging from singles, couples, roomies and families with kids. I do "retire" a household once in a while, when I feel their story is told, this means that I mark them as unplayed but they stay in the save. I have a table to keep track of all the households and I frequently check the table before I go into the game to pick a household I would like to play. It keeps the game interesting for me because each save is different.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 399 Member
    Just one, that I’ve had since I started playing the game in 2015. It contains innumerous personalities, drama and intrigues, and all my little complicated stories are completely tangled up by now! Everyone knows everyone, and I believe it’s pretty hard for my 178 sims to find a partner who’s not a relative in some way or another. :smiley:

A fraction of the entanglement:
    S4Crghv.jpg

One of my crowded neighborhoods:
    L7zq1MA.jpg
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I have couple of saves but just one main save and I generally play with it. The other saves that I have are just like test saves for new game/exp. packs.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • ErunnoErunno Posts: 6 New Member
    Four... a legacy type save (my main), the save with aging off (about just 1 sim's life), a project of pursuing the 100th legacy achievement and the back-up for my legacy. D:
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Three saves
    - Main universe, the first save created, there is my usual gameplay;
    - Rebbels, where I have gray (imperfect) sims that are against sims ordinary life (as in be friendly with everyone, fall in love and marry, be perfect parent)
    - Orphans, about 7 orphans, starting as toddlers, and caregiver, about their life. That save should end when they die.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I have three, but I mostly play only one.
    - "Rotational Save" - This is my go-to. It's filled with played households that I move between however I feel like. I do have favourite households that I tend to come back to more than others. It's aging-off so I age up lots of Sims in batches when it feels like time for them and some peers to move on to another stage of life.
    - "Celebrity Sims Save" - In this save the whole Sims world is full of Sims Celebrities (including remakes from past games) and Real Celebrities and Fictional Celebrities. They don't age, ever. Except Princess Leia, who aged to become General Leia. They're mostly unplayed so the game picks their jobs, which is fun :) I haven't played this save since I updated it to add pets and fill the new world, but I'll definitely go back. It's great for when I need a pick-me-up of silliness.
    - "Not Quite Legacy Save" - I don't play this one much but at one point I started it as a challenge to myself to play only one household. I'm just no good at not micromanaging the world! So it's usually pretty neglected.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Just one, that I’ve had since I started playing the game in 2015. It contains innumerous personalities, drama and intrigues, and all my little complicated stories are completely tangled up by now! Everyone knows everyone, and I believe it’s pretty hard for my 178 sims to find a partner who’s not a relative in some way or another. :smiley:

A fraction of the entanglement:
    S4Crghv.jpg

One of my crowded neighborhoods:
    L7zq1MA.jpg

Omg that is awesome
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Eight active saves that I rotate. Soon to be nine, when we get Seasons :p
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I have one save due to the rotational play feature. And I like it. I have one save file which contains all my households. I put all sims in one file and let them interact with eachother. The sims 3 lacked this feature, and as a result, I am probably up to 50+ saves! In my opinion, it is better to have them in one save than have all your people scattered across several files.

@birdonawire Your Willow Creek looks great! Those are some nice houses you built. I'm in a slow process of replacing pre-existing houses and creating my custom built houses. I enjoy building. Here is a funny story related to this. I saw your map picture and I got the layout of Willow Creek confused with Oasis Springs and I drove myself nuts for 5 minutes trying to figure out why your Willow Creek looks different than mine. I even opened up my game to try to find it out. I eventually figured out that I was thinking of Oasis Springs. :p
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I have 20 saves. Some of them are backups, but most are different families. I like to only play one family per save, so I constantly start new saves when I get a new idea for a family that I want to create.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2018
    Let's see now.. about 20.
    Alien mad scientist world domination
    Evil mad scientist world domination
    Sims 1 and 2 remade-premade world
    Caricature celebrity save including Spock and Kirk
    Stardew Valley character save and stories
    Horror TV, movies (random) just stories with favorite characters
    Hannibal's world
    Murder Most Foul (serial killers) (modded)
    Breaking Bad character world
    Ghosts world
    Detective's world
    Vamp story
    Mannequin world
    About 3 saves with mods which must-not-be-named
    Tests and giggle saves - usually deleted
    I still have a few I want to remake when the inspiration hits. I want the little shop of horrors save and some american horror story stuff. I chucked everything some months back and started back with labeling and dividing mod use vs no mod use per save.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    3 saves. My main save, then I created a different save for NSB to use MCCC, and another save for Rags to Riches. I finished both challenges so I guess I can delete, but I don't wanna :D.

I think I'm going to copy everyone here and spread families out through my saves, I'm losing room in my main save.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    I have 3, my main save, my not so berry challenge, and a save for testing.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I have two, currently. Plus two Build Templates which I don't play but use to build, only. I will very likely create a third template so that I can create the world I want and save it so if I should need to restart a game, all I'll have to do is open said template, place my family(ies) and do a 'Save As …' to keep it separate.

The newest storyline I have explored in Sims4, thus far, is to play my Ancestors from the 18th century. I've since cast aside the cc clothing I was using as it started to interfere with the game after one of the later patches. Most of the cc I used hasn't been updated. Pity. I'm still having fun, but I do miss the clothing.

The other save is characters I created for the mini-series below and started playing back in Sims2. I'm very attached to this family, and bring them forward to each iteration. Right now, I've only got one teen, two children and a toddler. The fifth child hasn't even been born, yet. LOL So, the only daughter who is a toddler won't be marrying any time soon. Suffice it to say I've got a long way to go, story-wise.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    A lot. But my main ones are:

-Harry Potter save
    -Percy Jackson save
    -Legacy save
    -Not So Berry
    -Rags to riches
    -A save where I am making over the entire Sims world
  • monochromaticmonochromatic Posts: 25 Member
    I probably have 4 or 5? Though I don't really play the older saves anymore, but I don't quite want to delete them. Basically I just start a new save if I'm bored with the current one. I want to stick with them longer though...