Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Snow Depth and Accumulation?

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Guys... Seasons was literally announced yesterday, the one thing everyone has been begging for since launch, so why not give it a chance before you start to bash it... If seasons can't make you happy, what will?

The lack of Snow Accumulation doesn't phase me at all, because the game still looks stunning!

Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean It's not important to others, we literally just expressed our excitement for seasons and glad EA made it but all what we ask is a proper weather
    There's no new world so why not focus on weather and weather effects I mean come on even Sims 2 had snow accumulation!
    Is this too much to ask?! We just want a proper weather! You cannot give a hungry person spoiled food and tell them to accept it and not to complain! Can you?
    That roof literally looked like a white recolor that's it!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    My previous comment didn't seem to post.
    I was wondering if anyone has seen evidence of tanning booths or sunburn?

Nothing was shown so no. Same with seasonal festivals look like they do not return from Sims 3 Seasons. Also nothing shown about trick or treat on Spooky Day. Seems like there are a few new party themes you throw on your own, some fake snow and rain effects on the screen and that's it for $40 so far. Nothing great. Waiting for actual good things to justify its price tag let alone worth buying at all.

As for tanning booths and sunburns expect that in a tropical vacation game pack or something. Sims 4 likes to break up its content into several DLC to make more money.

Year-round fun for your Sims
    Add weather to your Sims’ lives to tell new stories, enjoy seasonal activities and celebrate heartfelt holidays with The Sims™ 4 Seasons. Make the most out of the weather all year round, from crisp snowfalls to sweltering heat – every world is affected by seasons in unique ways. Create a winter story with ice skating, befriend a magical scarecrow at the fall harvest, share a spring fling during a downpour or host a summer pool party. Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts and special guests. Stay warm or keep cool with all-new outfits to brave the elements. Even begin a blossoming gardening career as a botanist or by crafting floral arrangements!

KEY FEATURES
    Experience impactful weather. Enjoy four stunning seasons and dynamically changing weather that affects all aspects of your Sims’ lives. From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities. Control the elements to summon thunderstorms, clear up overcast skies or jump between seasons.

Revel in seasonal activities. Year-round activities provide Sims fun and entertaining ways to enjoy the seasons. Bundle up to build a snow pal with friends, create snow angels or perform cool tricks at the skating rink. Toss on a raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout. Dress Sims in new swimwear to cool off in the sprinkler or play in the kiddie pool. Harvest honey in the fall, play in leaves or have child Sims make homemade holiday crafts.

Celebrate the holidays. Decorate your home and bring Sims together to celebrate heartfelt holiday traditions. Ring in the new year with a celebration, enjoy a romantic date during Love Day or gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast. Watch as your Sims count down the calendar days until Winterfest, where presents are gifted, decorations are hung, and Father Winter pays a visit. You can even create custom holidays and choose how your Sims celebrate.

Grow your gardening career. Create beautiful bouquets and unearth new discoveries in the gardening career. With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town. More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    edited May 2018

Nothing was shown so no. Same with seasonal festivals look like they do not return from Sims 3 Seasons. Also nothing shown about trick or treat on Spooky Day. Seems like there are a few new party themes you throw on your own, some fake snow and rain effects on the screen and that's it for $40 so far. Nothing great. Waiting for actual good things to justify its price tag let alone worth buying at all.

As for tanning booths and sunburns expect that in a tropical vacation game pack or something. Sims 4 likes to break up its content into several DLC to make more money.

Imo TS4 Seasons seems to have a lot of new gameplay additions. Botanist career and flower arranging skill, kiddie pools, swings, sprinklers, beekeeping, ice and roller skating, gift giving, tree decorating, apparently hunting for easter eggs, scouting, new food/beverage stalls... I mean, honestly, it does seem like an interesting pack. I too do hope there will be some kind of trick or treating but in any case gameplay is not really what disappoints me in this pack.
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    loutredor wrote: »
    lG2vctN.jpg

There seem to be bumps of snow that you can shovel. I guess it makes sense, otherwise why would you even bother shoveling. There is one on the porch too. I wonder how they appear. I hope they don't spawn out of the blue. Maybe they do appear by accumulating.

Perhaps it appears like whenever the dogs take a poop? Sorry to compare it to that. Lol but it just sort of spawns out of no where if that makes sense

That would REALLY be disappointing. Random bumps of snow spawning whenever it snows, because if not there wouldn't be any snow to shovel at all... humpf!

If at least they fell from the trees or from the roofs, that would look pretty cool.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

It looks like it is a festival where the ice skating was taking place but it only seemed to have the rink and two stands.

For anyone saying it's only the first trailer. When has EW ever hidden core gameplay features? Sims 3's season trailer shows all the seasonal activities and I'm pretty sure all we've seen is all we get.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Hi, Bon! As of right now, no.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited May 2018
    A focus on game play over graphic effects? I am fine with this and also very surprised by it. With ts4 its usually the opposite way around. Maybe things are changing...
    Not that I really know what the game play is yet either.
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member

I was distracted with sim shoveling snow and didn't notice that snow is flat
    This is realy bad, imagine forest with flat snow and little cabin on flat surface. I really feel pity for Granite Falls :(

Is there any chance it still can be fixed? ball pit was improved
  • Options
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    A focus on game play over graphic effects? I am fine with this and also very surprised by it. With ts4 its usually the opposite way around. Maybe things are changing...
    Not that I really know what the game play is yet either.

Do you really think there was a focus on graphics until now?! :D clearly you have forgotten that ballpit.
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    This shouldn't surprise anyone there's always something messed up about the Sims 4 expansion pack.
    beville wrote: »
    This shouldn't surprise anyone there's always something messed up about the Sims 4 expansion pack.

But if everything else about the pack is as good as it seems, I'm still okay with this one limitation. I'd rather have snow that works well with a limited engine (and might have taken them a long time to get to work properly and code into existing worlds and sim behavior) than no snow at all.

Still, as much as I find criticism important, I feel that on this forum people will always find one thing to pick on and then declare the whole pack a disappointment because of it.

Compared to the uninspired mess MFPS was, this pack is ... delightful so far. :)

This is Seasons, a weather EP. Is it too much to ask for proper weather and all the effects that go with it?

Even the Sims 2 had snow depth, the Sims 3 took it even further by adding snow accumulation and gradually melting of snow. Why does this game always has to have some weird limit?

Yes, I am disappointed with the missing snow depth and accumulation (at least it looks there is none in the trailer). That does not mean it's a complete bad pack. It just means I am disappointed that yet another very obvious key element (at least I think it is) is dumbed down for whatever reason they had..

We're in 2018, not 1990. The tech IS available.

They get criticism where they deserve it.

For me, if they want to produce something only half way, then it better be a free patch.
    But if you're asking me to pay for something, I expect your best work, not your just OK work.

I haven't paid for anything for Sims 4 since GTW & won't buy this. Seasons in Sims 3 is perfect. I'll stick with that & it's fully paid for.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I hope that the snow is at least done in a style similar to the sims 2. In that game, snow didn't really lag the game as much as it only had 3 or 2 different levels of accumulation.

If that is not going to happen, then at least make the default snow look a bit thicker.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    RebelShadowKittenRebelShadowKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    > @the_greenplumbob said:
    > ChelsPlaySims wrote: »
    >
    > I don't care about snow depth or window fog. I'm just grateful that we got seasons and based on the trailer it looks like heaps of new CAS and build items. Some people just like to pick at EA for little, irrelevant things.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's so upsetting - the hype and positivity surrounding seasons yesterday was so uplifting, it's always the negative comments that bring you down :( especially as I don't see this as being such a dramatic and fundamental flaw.

Seriously. To me, the benefits of something OTHER than perpetual Sunshine, being able to Create one's own holidays–I'm a Witch; I'd rather see the Sabbats in-game, but that's a personal thing–and prolly plenty of other things that HAVEN'T been so much as hinted at...those are huge pluses to me.

Yeah, EA could definitely do better in their level of detail in some places, especially in 2018–I've seen work from various mods that outdo EA. But look at the effects that some of us would gnaw our own foot off for, and some things we've never had–at least, to my somewhat flawed memory. One can't grow and learn if one continuously lives in the Past, and that's what I see a lot of in various forums when it comes to this game. Time to quit comparing everything about TS4 to its predecessors–which have their own drawbacks that no one ever seems to wanna talk about–and move on instead of all this knit-picking and fighting over certain details.
  • Options
    >
    > I don't care about snow depth or window fog. I'm just grateful that we got seasons and based on the trailer it looks like heaps of new CAS and build items. Some people just like to pick at EA for little, irrelevant things.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's so upsetting - the hype and positivity surrounding seasons yesterday was so uplifting, it's always the negative comments that bring you down :( especially as I don't see this as being such a dramatic and fundamental flaw.

Seriously. To me, the benefits of something OTHER than perpetual Sunshine, being able to Create one's own holidays–I'm a Witch; I'd rather see the Sabbats in-game, but that's a personal thing–and prolly plenty of other things that HAVEN'T been so much as hinted at...those are huge pluses to me.

Yeah, EA could definitely do better in their level of detail in some places, especially in 2018–I've seen work from various mods that outdo EA. But look at the effects that some of us would gnaw our own foot off for, and some things we've never had–at least, to my somewhat flawed memory. One can't grow and learn if one continuously lives in the Past, and that's what I see a lot of in various forums when it comes to this game. Time to quit comparing everything about TS4 to its predecessors–which have their own drawbacks that no one ever seems to wanna talk about–and move on instead of all this knit-picking and fighting over certain details.

I agree to a certain extent. If indeed we were able to create our own holidays, and by that I don't mean just placing the dates on a calendar, but chosing what are the traditional activities for each holidays (like for clubs), it would add a new and interesting element to the game. I am not sure we can create custom holidays in TS4 Seasons though, I thought you could just make your own calendar (so that you can have snowflake day in summer for instance). But maybe I misunderstood? Custom holidays could be really nice, now I am really looking forward to hearing more about this.
    So I do understand that for some such a feature could be considered more important than the immersive aspect of weather and snow.

But don't forget, what you consider a "detail" could be the most important feature of the pack for someone else. It is impossible to say one element would objectively be worth more than the other. Because it is a sandbox game, everyone has different expectations. It has nothing to do with it having been included in previous packs or not imo. Just because a feature is new does not mean it is more interesting or important.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited May 2018
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I agree to a certain extent. If indeed we were able to create our own holidays, and by that I don't mean just placing the dates on a calendar, but chosing what are the traditional activities for each holidays (like for clubs), it would add a new and interesting element to the game. I am not sure we can create custom holidays in TS4 Seasons though, I thought you could just make your own calendar (so that you can have snowflake day in summer for instance). But maybe I misunderstood? Custom holidays could be really nice, now I am really looking forward to hearing more about this.
    So I do understand that for some such a feature could be considered more important than the immersive aspect of weather and snow.

But don't forget, what you consider a "detail" could be the most important feature of the pack for someone else. It is impossible to say one element would objectively be worth more than the other. Because it is a sandbox game, everyone has different expectations. It has nothing to do with it having been included in previous packs or not imo. Just because a feature is new does not mean it is more interesting or important.

Here's what SimGuruKate said about custom holidays

p2rVnQD.png
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Jouvay wrote: »
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea that the windows do not turn foggy when snow, it should be. shoe don't sink in the snow? Fine, but do we get shoe print on snow? I'm going to be very disappointed if it doesn't, what the whole point of the snowing effect then.

My windows never turn foggy when it snows. And I agree that you should at least see some effect from walking in the snow. But maybe they are still working on it and the final product will be a bit different when it comes out?

Good for you that your windows never turn foggy but my S3 windows they all fogged with perfection and I honestly want the same to happen on the coming EP, the foggy element constitute an important role in the winter season vibe, i'm a big fan of details and it was all these details that makes me want to engage more into gameplay. However, I do hope you were right on the game has not reach its final stage yet but I truly doubt so as the EP is coming in less than month from now weather we like it or not, I bet everything was done, completed and approved and they went publicity.

Just my opinion, but I don't care about fogged windows because it doesn't happen to me in real life. Besides, to me it looked really weird in the Sims 3. So if it's not there in Sims 4, I wouldn't feel like a detail is missing. What I do care about is leaving footprints in the snow, because that does happen to me in real life.

You've never seen foggy windows because of moisture condensation?

I live in Florida so we don’t get snow. We do however, get foggy windows. That really adds a lot to the Christmas vibe in the house. I hope we get foggy windows and I hope they add a patch to add snow accumulation. Overall though, I’m flippin excited for this expansion! Now if we get witches this year I’ll be set.
  • Options
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Here's what SimGuruKate said about custom holidays

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You can create your own holidays and set which season they happen in!</p>— Kate

Thanks! I had seen that already, but that doesn't really tell if we can set particular activities for each holidays for instance. "Create your own holidays" could very well be just giving them the name you want. But I am sure we will learn more about that soon.
  • Options
    RebelShadowKittenRebelShadowKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    > @loutredor said:
    > RebelShadowKitten wrote: »
    >
    > > @the_greenplumbob said:
    > > ChelsPlaySims wrote: »
    > >
    > > I don't care about snow depth or window fog. I'm just grateful that we got seasons and based on the trailer it looks like heaps of new CAS and build items. Some people just like to pick at EA for little, irrelevant things.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It's so upsetting - the hype and positivity surrounding seasons yesterday was so uplifting, it's always the negative comments that bring you down :( especially as I don't see this as being such a dramatic and fundamental flaw.
    >
    >
    > Seriously. To me, the benefits of something OTHER than perpetual Sunshine, being able to Create one's own holidays–I'm a Witch; I'd rather see the Sabbats in-game, but that's a personal thing–and prolly plenty of other things that HAVEN'T been so much as hinted at...those are huge pluses to me.
    >
    > Yeah, EA could definitely do better in their level of detail in some places, especially in 2018–I've seen work from various mods that outdo EA. But look at the effects that some of us would gnaw our own foot off for, and some things we've never had–at least, to my somewhat flawed memory. One can't grow and learn if one continuously lives in the Past, and that's what I see a lot of in various forums when it comes to this game. Time to quit comparing everything about TS4 to its predecessors–which have their own drawbacks that no one ever seems to wanna talk about–and move on instead of all this knit-picking and fighting over certain details.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree to a certain extent. If indeed we were able to create our own holidays, and by that I don't mean just placing the dates on a calendar, but chosing what are the traditional activities for each holidays (like for clubs), it would add a new and interesting element to the game. I am not sure we can create custom holidays in TS4 Seasons though, I thought you could just make your own calendar (so that you can have snowflake day in summer for instance). But maybe I misunderstood? Custom holidays could be really nice, now I am really looking forward to hearing more about this.
    > So I do understand that for some such a feature could be considered more important than the immersive aspect of weather and snow.
    >
    > But don't forget, what you consider a "detail" could be the most important feature of the pack for someone else. It is impossible to say one element would objectively be worth more than the other. Because it is a sandbox game, everyone has different expectations. It has nothing to do with it having been included in previous packs or not imo. Just because a feature is new does not mean it is more interesting or important.

Well, that was also my own interpretation of it based on the chosen wording, so maybe I'm wrong about how the Create-a-Holiday thing will be implemented. Last I checked, this game was SUPPOSED to be about Creativity and Imagination–can't we just pretend that Snowflake Day's called Litha or St. John's Day and celebrated at the Beginning of Summer, as per how it'd be in Reality with the hemispheres going through the opposite Seasons of one another? I.e., Northern hemisphere goes through Summer as Southern hemisphere goes through Winter, and vice versa.

And having recently gone back to TS2 for about a month, to me, the Snow accumulation ain't worth being unable to change my Season lengths to more or less than 5 Days, or more importantly to me, being able to save a Sim I Create myself without using an external program like SimPE. The only place it/they show(s) up is the family bin, and that only happens in whatever neighborhood one builds them in; there's no saving to a library and using them in ANY neighborhood/World.

So again, I say–can't we all just quit knit-picking everything about this game to Death and move on? It's so much harder to enjoy what we actually get when, upon TRYING to do research about an upcoming pack of any kind, I find more Negative Nancies and Doubting Daves blowing up the forums to the point that I don't even wanna do research anymore–I'd rather just get the pack in question and let it blow up in my face or be pleasantly surprised when it turns out better than I was expecting, depending upon the pack in question.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    the ground was always an issue with sims 4. the resolution is very low and it is completely flat. its a big step back from the previous games. its not only snow that is not mere than white paint on the ground. in spring the first thing i noticed there are no flowers on the gras areas, the hedges bloom but the gras has no flower effect like in previous games and in autum the leaves also look awkward from being just too flat. if the rain will cause water puddles like in previous games it will also suffer from this. thats a mistake that was made when creating the engine at the start of developing sims 4 and will haunt them till the game ends.

we dont know much yet but lets hope the gameplay is a step forward with lots of things to do and nice solutions. for example it would be good if sims pick new clothing for different season and stop wearing hot pants in winter and jackets in summer, also if we could save outfits for the different seasons so we dont have to correct outfits with the start of a new season for all sims.

• Options
    MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > the_greenplumbob wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing has to be black or white. One can be critical of some things and love other stuff. I for once love what I saw in the trailer and have watched it several times already. However that doesn't mean that I can't talk about what should have been done differently and/or better.
    > Also, what is a minor detail for you might be a big deal for someone else. Anyways, this is a thread specifically created to talk about this issue so...

Well said. Also, If you get upset - don't take it personal. Not everybody is gonna like the same dish that you crave. As long as you enjoy it, that's all what matters :) !
  • Options
    > @loutredor said:
    > RebelShadowKitten wrote: »
    >
    > > @the_greenplumbob said:
    > > ChelsPlaySims wrote: »
    > >
    > > I don't care about snow depth or window fog. I'm just grateful that we got seasons and based on the trailer it looks like heaps of new CAS and build items. Some people just like to pick at EA for little, irrelevant things.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It's so upsetting - the hype and positivity surrounding seasons yesterday was so uplifting, it's always the negative comments that bring you down :( especially as I don't see this as being such a dramatic and fundamental flaw.
    >
    >
    > Seriously. To me, the benefits of something OTHER than perpetual Sunshine, being able to Create one's own holidays–I'm a Witch; I'd rather see the Sabbats in-game, but that's a personal thing–and prolly plenty of other things that HAVEN'T been so much as hinted at...those are huge pluses to me.
    >
    > Yeah, EA could definitely do better in their level of detail in some places, especially in 2018–I've seen work from various mods that outdo EA. But look at the effects that some of us would gnaw our own foot off for, and some things we've never had–at least, to my somewhat flawed memory. One can't grow and learn if one continuously lives in the Past, and that's what I see a lot of in various forums when it comes to this game. Time to quit comparing everything about TS4 to its predecessors–which have their own drawbacks that no one ever seems to wanna talk about–and move on instead of all this knit-picking and fighting over certain details.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree to a certain extent. If indeed we were able to create our own holidays, and by that I don't mean just placing the dates on a calendar, but chosing what are the traditional activities for each holidays (like for clubs), it would add a new and interesting element to the game. I am not sure we can create custom holidays in TS4 Seasons though, I thought you could just make your own calendar (so that you can have snowflake day in summer for instance). But maybe I misunderstood? Custom holidays could be really nice, now I am really looking forward to hearing more about this.
    > So I do understand that for some such a feature could be considered more important than the immersive aspect of weather and snow.
    >
    > But don't forget, what you consider a "detail" could be the most important feature of the pack for someone else. It is impossible to say one element would objectively be worth more than the other. Because it is a sandbox game, everyone has different expectations. It has nothing to do with it having been included in previous packs or not imo. Just because a feature is new does not mean it is more interesting or important.

Well, that was also my own interpretation of it based on the chosen wording, so maybe I'm wrong about how the Create-a-Holiday thing will be implemented. Last I checked, this game was SUPPOSED to be about Creativity and Imagination–can't we just pretend that Snowflake Day's called Litha or St. John's Day and celebrated at the Beginning of Summer, as per how it'd be in Reality with the hemispheres going through the opposite Seasons of one another? I.e., Northern hemisphere goes through Summer as Southern hemisphere goes through Winter, and vice versa.

And having recently gone back to TS2 for about a month, to me, the Snow accumulation ain't worth being unable to change my Season lengths to more or less than 5 Days, or more importantly to me, being able to save a Sim I Create myself without using an external program like SimPE. The only place it/they show(s) up is the family bin, and that only happens in whatever neighborhood one builds them in; there's no saving to a library and using them in ANY neighborhood/World.

So again, I say–can't we all just quit knit-picking everything about this game to Death and move on? It's so much harder to enjoy what we actually get when, upon TRYING to do research about an upcoming pack of any kind, I find more Negative Nancies and Doubting Daves blowing up the forums to the point that I don't even wanna do research anymore–I'd rather just get the pack in question and let it blow up in my face or be pleasantly surprised when it turns out better than I was expecting, depending upon the pack in question.

Well, maybe chosing the length of your seasons is more important to you, but the immersive aspect of such seasons is what is more important to me.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I like how the absence of an actual snow layer can be seen as a metaphor for how the overall game just lacks depth :D
    Ha ha, well put.

• Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I was exactly wondering that (OP) seeing this in the trailer:

5h0JGKJ.png

I don't see anything happening in the snow there. Which is the point of making snow angels isn't it? (it's not a habit over here, in fact Sims was my first encounter with it)
    Yep, she is not pushing any snow at all, I noticed that.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    At no point in the trailer is ANYTHING shown to have an actual accumulation of snow on it. That must therefore mean that there is no actual snow, merely a white effect which covers everything in the winter. I'm not paying for paint; if they want my money they can provide ACTUAL snow.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Perhaps we should also remember that, if snow ever looks deeper during the season, if sims had to trudge through actual snow instead of walking on white terrain paint, surely THOSE gameplay shots would have been chosen for the trailer instead. They weren’t, so we can probably assume this is how snow looks. Now, as much as it may annoy me, it’s also not a deal breaker for me to getting this pack. I guess everyone will just have to decide if they can move past it or not!

On the plus side, the rain and mud puddles looks super cute!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Also on the plus side only one critical thread. I'd say things are picking up. :p
  • Options
    After looking at snow in pictures of sims 3, the snow in ts3 doesn't look much deeper. The sims feet will be covered at its deepest, but the only places where the snow sits high is on the mountains. By the talk some had me thinking snow in sims 3 was piled high everywhere you looked and it wasn't.
    Have you looked at the pictures or videos from TS3? From page 2:
    5h0JGKJ.png
    Jjxbbu1.jpg

Here, bonus pictures. Look at the feet:
    p2E7zhO.png
    latest?cb=20121101234008

The snow isn't up to their stomachs, but it's certainly deeper than TS4 so far. Well, actually TS4 doesn't have any snow on the floor so far. It's just recolored grass.

I think I am going to play sims 3 this weekend Need to experience a true winter.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top