Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2018
    I remember that when TS3 seasons was about to be released we got online dating in a patch for the base game. I really miss that feature and hope that they bring it back! It was so much easier finding a sim! I saw a beautiful female sim at the hospital and right as my doctor sim went to speak to her, he finished his work and it took me a whole sim week to find her again in the wild!

You know, either a blind dating service or a "Tinder" service would be great. And both could be filled with silly jokes.
    Like randomly ending up with Grim, or a temple guardian, or something
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm wondering what kind of new traits we'll get.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member

Probably the Loves the Cold and Loves the Heat traits from The Sims 3: Seasons, or something similar.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    But why? Why is the snow so flat? Did they run out of budget? Or do they think that it's alright?
    Such a huge disapointment!
    Where's the proposing a toast by the table? It's a great opportunity to add it? But no.

Oh no is the snow in the seasons EP going to be the new ball pit lol? All joke aside, In all honesty, I hope not. Maybe I'm being biased because this is my favorite pack from previous iterations, and if they can have snow depth, especially The Sims 2 because it's cartoonish like 4, then I'm seeing no reason why this iteration cant. Maybe it has to do with what someone mentioned earlier where it says something about weather being unique in different worlds? so maybe the snow will have depth in a place like Windenburg but in Oasis Springs you may rarely if not only get a bit of snow? If they do decide to do this it will be a giant advancement to seasons... Not only can you set what weather types will be in that world it takes the idea of what type of world it is and plays on that.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Probably the Loves the Cold and Loves the Heat traits from The Sims 3: Seasons, or something similar.

I want more traits, there's not enough. ^^
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    I apologize if this question has already been raised, but it is necessary - is there any sea / ocean / water source that Sims can swim in during the summer?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2018
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    I apologize if this question has already been raised, but it is necessary - is there any sea / ocean / water source that Sims can swim in during the summer?
    I don't think it would be possible without a new world added...

I'm guessing they might be saving this option for a future tropical vacation pack...
    Post edited by Omri147 on
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    "Gardening Career: Begin a blossoming gardening career and become a botanist or floral arranger"

Yaaaay

On that note, don't these things sound awesome:

"Grow your gardening career. Create beautiful bouquets and unearth new discoveries in the gardening career. With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town. More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects" :love:

This is something I have been asking for. I am soooooo excited for this. I really hope we can create the bouquets from wild flowers and they die after a certain time making it necessary to keep buying the flowers or making new arrangements.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

I want more traits, there's not enough. ^^

I think they should open it up to more trait choices in CAS as well
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    I wonder how rotational play will be affected. I really want all of my Sims to experience each season. Might have to change my rotation to something like a seasonal rotation.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I am not sure if I can talk about this here.. but it was from the new blog today about the Climate family

This caught my interest
    "And finally, winter. We can’t say much about winter, except that it may bring some unexpected family members."

..... I am confused by this.. curious if this mean pregnancies will occur more often in winter time? That could be interesting if they added that! Or does it mean something else entirely? I'm super excited to find out! xD

I'm also wondering about rotational play.. if I go to a house and play.. and I start on Summer and end on Winter.. will it be winter in that same spot when I get back, or will I have missed winter and entered Spring because I was playing another family?

If it's the latter then I suppose I'll be keeping my individual families in separate saves and only playing one family per save; which I'm fine with..... sorta... just because that's how I've been doing it already, but lately I've been wanting to add more of my own Sims to the game instead of having townies being the only friends my Sims have. :/

Time will tell. Can't wait for more information.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I hope that since there’s winter we get ushankas! They’re so adorable and stylish.

So that's the official name! I always thought of it as the "two flaps down" cap because that's how they're promoted by my local baseball team for giveaways.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I am not sure if I can talk about this here.. but it was from the new blog today about the Climate family

This caught my interest
    "And finally, winter. We can’t say much about winter, except that it may bring some unexpected family members."

..... I am confused by this.. curious if this mean pregnancies will occur more often in winter time? That could be interesting if they added that! Or does it mean something else entirely? I'm super excited to find out! xD

I'm also wondering about rotational play.. if I go to a house and play.. and I start on Summer and end on Winter.. will it be winter in that same spot when I get back, or will I have missed winter and entered Spring because I was playing another family?

If it's the latter then I suppose I'll be keeping my individual families in separate saves and only playing one family per save; which I'm fine with..... sorta... just because that's how I've been doing it already, but lately I've been wanting to add more of my own Sims to the game instead of having townies being the only friends my Sims have. :/

Ugh yeah this is what I am most worried about. I thought about playing on a 4 season rotation but ugh some of my sims lives may get too far ahead of other sims but eventually when my entire rotation is done they will be on the same page. I really like being on a 7 day rotations. Some families are boring but I guess I can add in drama if they get too boring.
    I don't really know what to do with my game until this comes out (other than build and make sims). I want to play though......but seasons is going to fill in so much missing gameplay that it just makes what I have now feel so blank. I own all of the packs too.

I've got a farming couple to play, so I can get their gardening and other skills up before the pack releases.
  • CanoroCanoro Posts: 8 New Member
    I wonder if Sims will feel different if they wear wet clothes from being in the rain.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited May 2018
    I wonder what these cartoon animal outlines on this Sim are...

eqU2zaq.jpg
  • DarkangelDarkangel Posts: 1 New Member
    Will this be coming out for consoles cause it looks so awesome
    Canoro wrote: »
    I wonder if Sims will feel different if they wear wet clothes from being in the rain.

We have the Very Sad moodlet for damp clothes in Laundry Day so it could be something like that.

Darkangel wrote: »
    Will this be coming out for consoles cause it looks so awesome

I'm sure it will eventually but it'll probably take a while.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

This caught my interest

Lol.. maybe a new woohoo spot focused near a heat source. Fireplace, bearskin rug ect (course they have to find a way to cover it up). I can see some sort of cutesy animation title indicating a warm up woohoo.
    Also it could mean... the holidays is often a time to get together with family. Maybe some unknown relatives will drop by.. or ghosts could play a part even.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

This caught my interest

I wouldn't look that deep into this. I guess it's just refrence to the toddler who is in the winter outfit, so it looks like the narration is about before the toddler's birth. Each member represents one season, we can guess that they were born then.
    Also, maybe the family will be avaiable in the Gallery, and the mother will be pregnant (similar like Jasminder from City Living)?
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Yee ha!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Jeojji wrote: »
    Although I'm sure this will be an amazing addition to the base game, I still observe, from the trailer, certain issues that I do not believe were intended but should still be discussed.
    In the trailer, we are able to see families enjoying Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, and Easter. I do understand that these are some of the most well-known holidays globally, but they are not what ALL households would consider "the norm". In my opinion, this upcoming expansion pack is culturally lacking.
    I'm personally from a Chinese background, and I can say that I do not celebrate any of those holidays. Instead, I celebrate festivals such as Lunar New Year, the Mid-Autumn Festival, and the Qingming Festival. Other holidays that are widely celebrated by several people are Ramadan, Eid, Diwali, Chuseok, and Cinco de Mayo.
    The holidays shown within the video were very Eurocentric and target Western culture.
    I am not suggesting to overload the game with all the holidays that exist, but having some diversity would definitely make the gameplay more interesting. I fully understand that with the release date so near, it is practically impossible to piece together something of quality, but I really do hope the team puts some consideration into this.

Honestly , I think your asking a bit too much.I feel like better if the culuture stuff comes in world pack( Where you can have other culuture.I like culuture stuff and maybe more celebratuons.The sims people know not everyone celebrate the same.Thats why you ll get thr option to make different holidays.That seems like the best option.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I noticed something in the trailer earlier it looked like a sim hunched over blowing at their hands to warm up, they were wearing outwear too. I wonder if your sim freezes to death if out in the cold for too long?
  • ETgohome16ETgohome16 Posts: 22 Member
    @kittymeow that's a good point, I didn't notice that (despite watching the trailer 5 million times)

On another note . . . in the beginning of the trailer, is that glass roofing!?

EA can just have my money – the clothes and furniture are pretty cool too ngl