Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Well, someday, someone will listen to us that want a tropical island/cruise add on

Not the time or the place.

Now Seasons is here, it's more fun to have a Tropical Islande, TS4 has still new contents for a while!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I don't really know what to do with my game until this comes out (other than build and make sims). I want to play though......but seasons is going to fill in so much missing gameplay that it just makes what I have now feel so blank. I own all of the packs too.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I wish I could share the same excitment everyone has.

It's nice to see the game isn't dead but it'd be nicer to see next base game installment announced instead of an overdue expansion.
    edited May 2018

You mean , sims 5? Years out.... @JoxerTM22
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Wonder if toddlers can use umbrellas :3

Lr0IMCq.jpg
  • Ronnie211797Ronnie211797 Posts: 82 Member
    I have seen the trailer and there was not one pet to be seen. I am guessing that there is a surprise attached to the pets that will be revealed later on. I would like to see the pets interacting with the weather.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I have seen the trailer and there was not one pet to be seen. I am guessing that there is a surprise attached to the pets that will be revealed later on. I would like to see the pets interacting with the weather.
    It's because they don't tend to show features from other packs in trailers.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,808 Member
    I don't really know what to do with my game until this comes out (other than build and make sims). I want to play though......but seasons is going to fill in so much missing gameplay that it just makes what I have now feel so blank. I own all of the packs too.

Do you have a particular sim you're planning to start with? Is that sim leveled up in the gardening skill? I have a feeling that might be helpful in the new gardening career.
  • Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    I am SOOOOOO excited about this!!!!!! :smiley:
  • Hello_Katie7Hello_Katie7 Posts: 34 Member
    Also.... how awesome are Len, doing 'Steal my Sunshine' in simmish!! love it!!!!
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I wish I could share the same excitment everyone has.

It's nice to see the game isn't dead but it'd be nicer to see next base game installment announced instead of an overdue expansion.

I confess I'm happy the next installment isn't announced and they're still actively focusing on improving the current one. (I was also worried they were just going to scrap the whole thing for Sims Mobile.) For some reason, once I know another Sims version is on the horizon, I have trouble getting excited for any more packs in the current one and feel like I have to wait for the new one because in my mind it will be "so much better!"

I miss playing the last couple of expansion packs in any version because of my stupid brain, only to realize later how much I missed. Of course, the new version is always bittersweet, because it means we go back to square one with an empty base game and having to wait years for pets and weather (and advanced mods). I'm picturing myself at 75 years old playing the Holodeck version of Sims 15 waiting for Seasons to be out when I'm 79. :D
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    For all who sayed : TS4 can't manage Seasons
    TS4 CAN! Toddlers & Seasons!
    I don't believe anyone now, TS4 can do more things that what we know!
    So happy!!

This.
    This is what I have been saying since the beginning of this thtead: Sims 4 is a very versatile engine. It was coded from the start to be adaptive. They ALSO coded it to be a low-end engine. The people who wanted even more photo-realistic sims than Sims 3 disagreed from the start, but I argued already back in 2014 that it is a stylistic choice, and a correct one.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    So happy!!

This.
    This is what I have been saying since the beginning of this thtead: Sims 4 is a very versatile engine. It was coded from the start to be adaptive. They ALSO coded it to be a low-end engine. The people who wanted even more photo-realistic sims than Sims 3 disagreed from the start, but I argued already back in 2014 that it is a stylistic choice, and a correct one.

But it can't do it. From what we've seen so far the snow isn't actual snow; it's just a layer of paint on everything. That isn't weather; it's decor.

I really, REALLY want the devs to come out and tell us we're wrong; that the snow DOES have depth and show us some screenshots of deep snow. But if what we saw in the trailer is what we have in game... Well, I've already said my piece; I won't be investing in the pack or sticking around any longer.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    But why? Why is the snow so flat? Did they run out of budget? Or do they think that it's alright?
    Such a huge disapointment!
    Where's the proposing a toast by the table? It's a great opportunity to add it? But no.
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    So happy!!

This.

But it can't do it. From what we've seen so far the snow isn't actual snow; it's just a layer of paint on everything. That isn't weather; it's decor.

I really, REALLY want the devs to come out and tell us we're wrong; that the snow DOES have depth and show us some screenshots of deep snow. But if what we saw in the trailer is what we have in game... Well, I've already said my piece; I won't be investing in the pack or sticking around any longer.

1. "Actual snow" does not exist in a video game.
    2. You are, again, confusing choice with limitation.
    3. if you don't like it, don't buy it.
    But why? Why is the snow so flat? Did they run out of budget? Or do they think that it's alright?
    Such a huge disapointment!
    Where's the proposing a toast by the table? It's a great opportunity to add it? But no.

You spent 4 years talking about how much worse Sims 3 was than Sims 2, I assume?
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2018
    Make sure to meet the Climates family in their introduction blog!

CP-37414.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

From the blog:

We’re going to show you a year in the life of this family with lots of goodies from the pack, but it won’t stop at The Sims 4 Seasons. You’ll meet more characters, features, and elements from the full The Sims 4 catalog. We want to show you how much Seasons enhances The Sims 4 and why we think it’s one of the best experiences we’ve ever made.

We hope you join us for a year of the Climates, and we’d love to see you make it your own! The characters will be available in the Gallery and will require The Sims 4 Seasons to play. From there, as always, the story will be yours. Will you change the storyline, throw in some plot twists, or change the Climates entirely?

Enjoy!
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Make sure to meet the Climates family in their introduction blog!

CP-37414.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

From the blog:

We’re going to show you a year in the life of this family with lots of goodies from the pack, but it won’t stop at The Sims 4 Seasons. You’ll meet more characters, features, and elements from the full The Sims 4 catalog. We want to show you how much Seasons enhances The Sims 4 and why we think it’s one of the best experiences we’ve ever made.

We hope you join us for a year of the Climates, and we’d love to see you make it your own! The characters will be available in the Gallery and will require The Sims 4 Seasons to play. From there, as always, the story will be yours. Will you change the storyline, throw in some plot twists, or change the Climates entirely?

Enjoy!

The photo alone is so beautiful and makes me want to go an open my game now and create sims for this pack! Im so overwhelmed and confused lol . Beautiful! <3
  • Malle204Malle204 Posts: 1 New Member
    When sims gives you seasons and ppl just keep wanting more xD
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    I tend to not do most of the things that involves micro-managing.
    I have never decorated a house for Christmas in ANY sims game, it's just too much work. I have yet to "set the table" at any point, it just seems like a weird waste of time, since the ONLY effective way to play is to fill the fridge with 3-4 leftover heaps since no sims EVER get hungry at the same time. As an example. So I don't see me ever using the "family holidays " at all unless you can set them as automatic somehow.
    Ugh, I have to agree with the holiday/event decorating. Would be awesome to have the option for it to be automated in some way, though probably complicated to implement. I always *want* to want to decorate for holidays, if that makes sense, but I don't have a lot of patience for decorating for short term events, so it seems like too much work to slog through the objects to find what I want. I would probably do short term decorating more if I could watch the sim place the object where I told them to, even if the animation was just the sim walking over, doing a hand sweep, and the object appearing so I would feel like they did it instead of me, lol. Kind of like the kid putting ornaments on the tree. (I understand this would drive most people batty.)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,394 Member
    I remember that when TS3 seasons was about to be released we got online dating in a patch for the base game. I really miss that feature and hope that they bring it back! It was so much easier finding a sim! I saw a beautiful female sim at the hospital and right as my doctor sim went to speak to her, he finished his work and it took me a whole sim week to find her again in the wild!
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    No super powers. We'll have to wait and see what this is about:

Imagine this makes the scarecrow come to life xD

That would be awesome.
  • librarianjanelibrarianjane Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > Armilus616 wrote: »
    >
    > OK
    > I have questions.
    > lots of em...
    >
    > some important ones:
    > Will we have snow in oasis springs?
    > Will we have rain in windenburg?
    > Will animals be affected by the weather?
    > How about the Transition between seasons?
    > What about the Lightning absorber guy in the end of the Trailer?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There have been rare cases of snow in deserts such as the Sahara, so maybe?
    > Probably a yes to Windenburg, it does rain in European areas.

It would be nice to have the option to set seasons per neighborhood (I think Sims 2 had that??).
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss!

*Cartwheels into the thread and jumps for joy!*

Seasons! Thank you!
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m totally going to have to create new sims for this. I want to make a cute earthy/hippie gal who loves to garden and make flower arrangements and lives in a tiny house adorned with pretty flowers and a vegetable/fruit garden out back. Then I think I’ll make her neighbor a bee-keeper who enjoys the science behind gardening and is in the gardening career, they’ll meet, fall in love and cozy up during the winter. So excited!!!