Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Launcher won't open, it just goes to the Origin Homepage

clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
So after doing a few things to make my game run faster (deleting Cache files, 4GBPatch, following NRaas tips, merging CC, using s3pc, using Sim's Dashboard), my game will no longer run. When ever I click the Sims 3 Launcher Icon & allow it run, it brings me to the Origin Launcher where it says, "My Home." Nothing happens after that point. So, I tried going through the Origin Launcher & once again nothing happened. I'm not sure if this is something I may have done, but I was smart enough to back up my whole entire Sims 3 File & mods folder before making any changes. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You are on an Origin controlled game on Patch 1.69? If so, you must use Origin to start the game, there is no way around that. If you are starting out with the Launcher and you aren't already signed in to Origin, it's just going to try to take you back there so you can log in.

It could also be you are getting stuck because the Launcher (or the TS3.exe program) is already running by then. Any improvement if you reboot your computer, login through Origin, and try to start the game from there?

By the way, TS3 hasn't needed a 4 GB helper app since Patch 1.17, the one that came out alongside of LateNite. It's been Large Address Aware (LAA) all by itself ever since then.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    You are on an Origin controlled game on Patch 1.69? If so, you must use Origin to start the game, there is no way around that. If you are starting out with the Launcher and you aren't already signed in to Origin, it's just going to try to take you back there so you can log in.

It could also be you are getting stuck because the Launcher (or the TS3.exe program) is already running by then. Any improvement if you reboot your computer, login through Origin, and try to start the game from there?

By the way, TS3 hasn't needed a 4 GB helper app since Patch 1.17, the one that came out alongside of LateNite. It's been Large Address Aware (LAA) all by itself ever since then.

Thank you so much! I never understood why EA forces you to go through Origin.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oh, I understand why from EA's end but I never saw the benefit for me (or most other players). Hence my own transition to Steam last year. :)

So things are all good now, the game launches as it should by going through Origin first?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Oh, I understand why from EA's end but I never saw the benefit for me (or most other players). Hence my own transition to Steam last year. :)

So things are all good now, the game launches as it should by going through Origin first?

Yep!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top