Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you weren't expecting [SEASONS]

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting Santa. His return alone makes this EP worth it for me since I've missed him ever since the holiday stuff pack from the Sims 2.

Are Father Winter and the Bunny real NPCs or are those costumes again?

Does anyone know for sure? I'd be really happy if there were more NPCs in the game.

Not confirmed but the nature of TS4 is to give us plenty of silly costume and no NPCs so...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Maybe they're including the beehive because of it's correlation with farming.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but Beekeeping was one of the brainstrom ideas for eco living stuff pack (there was a dev note of all of the ideas). It seemed fairly popular among simmers and I'm glad they're adding it now :)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

The Easter Bunny also made an appearance.

What part of the trailer? I didn't see the Easter bunny
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    tumblr_oz6lqbziHO1wqfv6fo4_400.gif

• Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Mud puddles. I’m excited for everything else people mentioned, but this in particular is exciting. Such a small thing, but I can’t wait for my pets and tots to be out in their raincoats splashing around, getting dirty and scolded by their parents :D
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Wasn't expecting to see an adult in a kiddie pool and swings!!

Hey, when it's hot and there's no other source by which to get cool, sometimes, a parent will 'share' the kiddie pool. LOL Guilty, as charged.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I'd also like to add that I thought I saw what could be a seasonal festival when they showed the ice skating rink.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I didn't expect... flat snow. 0_o
    tFU6JMe.png
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    The price tag! $52.00 plus tax here ... I was quite excited to see the announcement as I've been looking forward to a Seasons expansion for quite some time now ... I'm definitely going to need a sale in order to afford this expansion. :(

What country di you live in

Canada

Eh preorder it from ebgames it’s still 39.99 there.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Father Winter will make an appearance during the festivities according to what I read on Origin but I have no idea if the Easter Bunny comes to deliver eggs and candy. That would be really cute if it happened.

I am surprised the EP is being released next month. The announcement that Seasons was the next EP with a June 22 release date blew my socks off. The new gameplay options, traits, new plants and greenhouses, skating rinks, kiddie pool and swings and the scouting all caught me by surprise. And did anyone suspect beekeeping and the florist/botanist careers were coming? I sure didn't. :o
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    The price tag! $52.00 plus tax here ... I was quite excited to see the announcement as I've been looking forward to a Seasons expansion for quite some time now ... I'm definitely going to need a sale in order to afford this expansion. :(

Canada

Seasons isn't up yet so it might not be.
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Full disclosure: I wasn't that bothered about not having seasons...then I saw the trailerAND NOW I COULD POWER A FRIKIN ROCKET WITH HYPE/ENERGY!!!!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Maybe they're including the beehive because of it's correlation with farming.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but Beekeeping was one of the brainstrom ideas for eco living stuff pack (there was a dev note of all of the ideas). It seemed fairly popular among simmers and I'm glad they're adding it now :)

You know I feel that both beekeeping and the floralist / botanist stuff includes ideas from the SP votes at the time. I'm glad to see the ideas didn't get tossed out. And given the relative lack of SPs lately (to my surprise) I was kinda wondering if the team was helping out the EP team? Maybe I'm imagining things :D
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Uhm the lack of snow depth and accumulation?

The rest of the EP looks great though.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I'm just super happy my sims have a reason to leave or NOT to leave there lot. The calendar to me is going to be the selling point. Being able to plan dates and holidays makes my sims life so much more organized.

Wait there’s a calendar now? Does that mean we can plan parties instead of having them immediately?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

BeJaWa wrote: »

Canada

Seasons isn't up yet so it might not be.

It’s there I’ve reserved it. It’s not online but you can call the store now and reserve it without putting down money.
    I'm just super happy my sims have a reason to leave or NOT to leave there lot. The calendar to me is going to be the selling point. Being able to plan dates and holidays makes my sims life so much more organized.

Wait there’s a calendar now? Does that mean we can plan parties instead of having them immediately?

Yea and I hope we can plan parties now, I mean you can make your own holidays so I’d assume you can plan parties since there was a New Years party in the trailer
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting Santa. His return alone makes this EP worth it for me since I've missed him ever since the holiday stuff pack from the Sims 2.

Are Father Winter and the Bunny real NPCs or are those costumes again?

Does anyone know for sure? I'd be really happy if there were more NPCs in the game.

Real npc's but most likely their outfits can still be worn by any sim.
    mika wrote: »

The Easter Bunny also made an appearance.

What part of the trailer? I didn't see the Easter bunny

0:48
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Santa!!!! Or Father Winter as they call it. :smiley:
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Santa!!!! Or Father Winter as they call it. :smiley:

Is the beard Santa has new? It looks new.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I wasn't expecting the trailer to look so devoid of new build-buy items.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wasn't expecting to see an adult in a kiddie pool and swings!!

Hey, when it's hot and there's no other source by which to get cool, sometimes, a parent will 'share' the kiddie pool. LOL Guilty, as charged.

I live in a humid tropical country that goes up to 40 Celsius during the hot season, and I can confirm that adults do lounge in kiddie pools here. I think they don't even bother with the pretense that the pool is for their kids. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting the trailer to look so devoid of new build-buy items.

There's no new world, so there wouldn't really be a need for a new style of build assets. Buy stuff is mainly seasonal decór and activities, with some new furniture thrown in.

Some new fireplaces and other heat-sources such as functional radiator, outdoor braziers etc. would be nice. Air-con, fans and ceiling fans/fanlight combos for cooling in the hot summer would be good too.