Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    HELL YES, I CANNOT WAIT <3 I'm such a weirdo, my favourite thing in games is stairs and weather :blush:
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Miss_LestrangeMiss_Lestrange Posts: 21 Member
    Different worlds different climates.. I wonder what kind of climates each world have! I can't wait!
  • amazingemilyamazingemily Posts: 9 New Member
    i mean it wasn't what i wanted but it's still nice !! i actually love it
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    curlyfryx wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed in the description under Key Features, it says "From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities. "

Emphasise on the "every world's climate is unique" does this indicate that each world will be a different season? Not all seasons in one world.

I think it's more referring to the weather effects -- it might be snowing in Newcrest, but when you travel to Oasis Springs it might be raining instead, or maybe dry but cool enough for a sweater. Places like Windenburg or Brindleton Bay might get more snow than Willow Creek, and there will be no snow in Selvadorada but some fairly heavy rainstorms.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited May 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Jeojji wrote: »
    Although I'm sure this will be an amazing addition to the base game, I still observe, from the trailer, certain issues that I do not believe were intended but should still be discussed.
    In the trailer, we are able to see families enjoying Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, and Easter. I do understand that these are some of the most well-known holidays globally, but they are not what ALL households would consider "the norm". In my opinion, this upcoming expansion pack is culturally lacking.
    I'm personally from a Chinese background, and I can say that I do not celebrate any of those holidays. Instead, I celebrate festivals such as Lunar New Year, the Mid-Autumn Festival, and the Qingming Festival. Other holidays that are widely celebrated by several people are Ramadan, Eid, Diwali, Chuseok, and Cinco de Mayo.
    The holidays shown within the video were very Eurocentric and target Western culture.
    I am not suggesting to overload the game with all the holidays that exist, but having some diversity would definitely make the gameplay more interesting. I fully understand that with the release date so near, it is practically impossible to piece together something of quality, but I really do hope the team puts some consideration into this.

We can make custom holidays. Make whatever holiday you want. The game is developed and based in the USA, so what did you expect? There's only so much they can do with one pack. If they had spent time trying to re-create all of the festivals you mentioned, many other features would be lost.

With the custom holidays, plus all the various cultural decor we've gotten in packs like City Living plus last year's Diwali decor for those of Indian descent, maybe the rest of the world is celebrating Halloween but if you're playing an Indian family your Sims might do Diwali instead in the autumn. Or if your Sim family is Japanese you could set dates for Boys Day and Girls Day in the appropriate seasons. And the names might not necessarily coincide to the actual real world names, like in Sims 3; for example, the Thanksgiving feast could take place not on "Thanksgiving" but maybe more of a "Harvest Day" where Sims celebrate all the good food. Maybe that giant gnome in the trailer is a Harvest Gnome. B)
    AspenSims wrote: »
    Someone on Youtube said there is a new outerwear category with the new update. Can anyone confirm? I am unfortunately not able to check right now :(

It would make sense -- Sims going out would automatically put on their outerwear before going outside.

I'm thinking they have a seasonal sub-category for each clothing category. So if you select Everyday, you're then prompted to select a season so you can set the wardrobe for the entire year. Maybe your male Sim wears a tux most of the year for formal events, but wears the Father Christmas outfit in winter. In Summer your Sim might wear a ball cap for outdoor activities, but doesn't need it in the other seasons.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Swings! I wonder if I can control how long I want the seasons to be?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I feel so dumb, because I thought the gnome in the trailer was an alternative Father Christmas costume. Gnome makes much more sense :joy:
  • KellzKellz Posts: 8 New Member
    Does anybody know if consoles will be getting seasons? If so will it be this year
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im excited! I wasnt even expecting another EP to come just next month! I was ready to wait for much longer.
    @AlbaWaterhouse Well again, to each his or her's own. :)

As I said before, my main concerns are game play related:

How much more micromanaging will we have to do to use things?

How will clothes work? Will we get more outfit slots? I don't want to have to limit myself to one outfit per season.

I LOVE the idea of automatic custom holidays. Because as I said I never celebrate holidays in Sims otherwise because it just just a chore, and sim days are too short unless all your sims are self employed. Initially I was afraid I would never ever use any of the decorations in game but that seems to be fixed with this

Is the indoor rollerskate rink an object or a venue? (I hope it's an object. A nightclub / Rollerskate arena with on-skate-dancing would be a DREAM!)

etc.

I'm thinking the roller and ice rinks are objects, like the dance floor -- you can put them anywhere, inside or outside. An indoor ice rink could make a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. :) I have a bowling alley in San Myshuno (adapted the Old Salt House)-- I might move the bowling lanes down to a basement level then put the roller or ice rink on the main level; I've already got the bar, restrooms and such upstairs.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm wondering, does this finally mean our days will have different sunlight hours? I mean, shorter days in the winter, longer days in the summer? Spring and Autumn about average? Previously it's all been summer-based hours.

Also, I love supernatrual things - I love all the things you can do in the Sims that you can't do in real life. That weather machine looks right up my alley.

I'm wondering about the day length as well, especially for vampires without sunlight resistance. And if it's cloudy, can vampires be out in the daylight since the clouds would help shield them from the sun's rays? (I know that ultraviolet rays still get through clouds, though with a lower effect.)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    No super powers. We'll have to wait and see what this is about:

Imagine this makes the scarecrow come to life xD
  • RenSimmerRenSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    I'm so happy, Seasons finally, this will make the game so much more full of life. I hope that dogs are gonna be able to play with the sprinklers
    Kellz wrote: »
    Does anybody know if consoles will be getting seasons? If so will it be this year
    It certainly will as for the time I’m not sure, but it definitely will come to consoles.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2018
    Another picture from the quiz :lol:

uGvg4c7.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Another picture from the quiz :lol:

uGvg4c7.jpg

He is as shocked as me with the texture of that flower :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    I hope that since there’s winter we get ushankas! They’re so adorable and stylish.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    curlyfryx wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed in the description under Key Features, it says "From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities. "

Emphasise on the "every world's climate is unique" does this indicate that each world will be a different season? Not all seasons in one world.

I think it'll be more like different weather extremes per season.

So...

OS - Hot/Dry Summer, Warm/Dry Autumn, Mild/Wet Winter, Warm/Dry Spring

VS

WB - Warm/Humid Summer, Mild/Wet Autumn, Cold/Snowy Winter, Mild/Wet Spring

Can't wait to see the rain on Windenburg's downtown near the sea.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    annabethc wrote: »
    @IceyJ there is no point in cars when there is no open world though... I doubt that cars are ever going to come.
    I love cars in TS1 and TS2, especially 2 because the animations getting in and out were nicely made compared to 3 where they just teleport into the vehicle. It was also nice seeing the carpool gradually upgrade as you progressed in your career.
    In 2 you could make a garage and use them from there or put it on the driveway and they worked just fine. There's no reason why they can't just fade out when they get to the edge of the lot like Sims do but that extra bit of immersion is fun and something for your Sims to work towards being able to afford. They could even have the teens/young adults learn to drive or have a car to work on like in Freetime.

iscQh5U.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Kellz wrote: »

I'm hoping by December that's what I tweeted to SimGuruLegacy and Duke.
    ''He is as shocked as me with the texture of that flower :D ''

I think he's shocked that the flower will wilt ; )

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Wondering if it will include a Simlish version of "Steal My Sunshine" by Len :sunglasses:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • texxladytexxlady Posts: 15 Member
    YES!!
  • vanmeersvanmeers Posts: 4 New Member
    Ahh, I'm so excited! The different weather makes the game feel much more alive :D
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For all who sayed : TS4 can't manage Seasons
    TS4 CAN! Toddlers & Seasons!
    I don't believe anyone now, TS4 can do more things that what we know!
    So happy!!
    Lu4ERme.gif