Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    I'm looking forward to things like celebrating Christmas in a cabin in snowy Granite Falls, and going to Selvadorada for summer vacation!

To add realism to my families, I'm going to start adding small closets for seasonal decorations, like Christmas ornaments, the new sprinkler and random stuff, and then take them out as seasons change :love:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am over the moon! This EP looks amazing! The addition of Seasons and season-related activities is exactly what is needed to make my game feel more complete. And EA releasing Seasons in June is awesome!! Just watching the trailer I saw many things I have missed doing in my game. I was pleasantly surprised to see ice skating and roller skating are included and I remembered how much fun those activities were in the past. Made me nostalgic as heck. I don't expect this EP to be perfect but it is definitely going to be a game-changer for me. I prefer a traditional style of gameplay when it comes to The Sims and having weather completes the illusion of playing in real worlds. When I want supernaturals or deviancy there are other games I play. But for some reason, I really enjoy keeping my Sims game as realistic as possible.

The fact we can use the club system to bring family and friends together for holidays and birthdays is freaking genius. Greenhouses, mud, water balloon and snowball battles, snowman building, sprinklers, swings.....rain, wind, thunder and lightning, snow. Did anyone on the EP development teams sleep or leave their desks at all for the past few months? This EP is packed with new gameplay options and the teams deserve our respect and gratitude. SimGuruGrant was right when he said there were good things coming for Sims4. And I can't wait to get my game on come June 22. <3
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Perfect timing. Been wanting to start playing again, and now my favorite EP of past Sims games is coming here. Will be fun times.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Wow, just Wow! I am so not ready for this yet! I have been carefully and constantly planning for this since October of last year, but I really thought I had until close to the end of the year to fully prepare my lots and homes. I now see I have less than a month.

I still have so many houses with too many things outside. I am not a builder and can't put additions on my houses, so I still have two houses that have their toddler bathtubs outside and two with their kitchen cooking facilities outside, not to mention all the party items on the outside patios (dj booths, lights, dance floors, etc.) among other things. Woe to my Sims! They are going to have a hard time getting through the winters!

I really have to laugh though. Every time I see that weather machine, I can't help but picturing Emperor Ming and the havoc he's going to create in the Sims World today! This is going to be interesting!
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    YES!!!!!!!!!
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited May 2018
    Soooooo Happy Right Now!!! And it’s out 2 days after my birthday, so the timing is great too! So excite!!1! <3:love::heart:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    When it finally comes to console, me:
    20BA12FE-A65E-438C-8208-1989D7AFBA5E_zpsmisfp9pu.png

I thought skeletons were a temporary lifestate?
    Only in Salvadorada, which we don’t have on console yet (?) :p
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Looks like tons of fun! Does anybody know if we get a map with it or if it goes on the worlds we already have?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Looks like tons of fun! Does anybody know if we get a map with it or if it goes on the worlds we already have?

No new world for this. I'm happy because it means they put more design & dev time into weather and stuff :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Shadow_Simmer_14Shadow_Simmer_14 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm so excited! I can't wait for it to come out!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There will surely be new career/s included too, I wonder what they'll choose? Perhaps weatherman? xD

It has both a gardener and a botany career!! You can also do flower arranging and deliver them! Not sure which career that goes with though.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2018
    Jean wrote: »
    This has potential to be the best expansion from TS4.

Wouldn’t be difficult. But yes, I think this will replace C&D as my favourite. The quality of EPs is suddenly on the up!
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

And it looks like the weather will actually affect you too...I was worried it was just going to be set dressing like in TS2.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I wish that we could now take a look at all of the new objects/clothing/hair and stuff that is coming with Seasons <3
    So glad swings are back, and the kiddie pool, hopefully toddlers can play inside, ooo at 0:57 a mother sim is playing with her toddler in the background! YES! always wanted to introduce my toddler to the water like in TS3.

Good catch! I was wondering why they didn't show toddlers playing in the kiddie pool.

I think it's funny to have the adult laying in the pool -- you could play a poor family that doesn't have money (or space) for a backyard pool so the adults take oer the toddler pool to cool off. :D

You’re poor to not be able to afford a pool!? :D
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I'm wondering how Pets will interact with Seasons.

Lightning + cats = Laser cats?

t2ppEox.jpg

This would be awesomeeee!!!!

I am very excited and looking forward to Seasons. The Biggest EP is coming!!
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Hi folks!

I've collected some requests about the new expansion from some members of a Brazilian The Sims group an brought them to you. Also, I'm making my own.

Lounge chairs
    Beach towels
    Tanning
    Sunburn
    Floating on pools
    Ski
    New club rules
    Snowboarding
    Ice skating on frozen lakes/pools
    Death by dehydration, bee attack and freezing!!!!!!
    Functional fans and air conditioning!!!!!!!

Thanks anyway.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited May 2018
    Wow, I knew there was something in the wind, pardon the pun, but this has blown my mind. I am so surprised and excited, thank you all who work on this franchise and EA for listening, now just the waiting is the hardest part lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @Mocajava, I don't understand what you mean by saying the weather was only a set dressing and didn't affect the Sims in TS2. My Sims couldn't fish or exercise in Summer; they would get too hot in a short while. In winter at Uni, the students were in the top (3rd) floor of their rental and nearly froze to death playing cards before I found that Maxis-made house had big gaps in the roof that let the cold in. It definitely did affect them.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited May 2018
    Calendar and Holiday Celebrations: Mark your calendar for traditional holidays and create your own! Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts, and special guests.

I'd bet money this reuses the clubs system to customize holidays with various Sim behaviors.

I think reusing the club system is an excellent way to customize holidays! :) What better way to do it? The club system rocks <3

(Removed reference to removed post. - EA_Cian)
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    So will ghosts who have died from lightning strikes have the same abilities as ghosts who have died from electrocution from an appliance?
    I also notice that once again all swimsuits are mom-swimsuits from the 1950s. There is not a single sexy bikini or swimsuit in the game (for women. Men get a banana hammock for some reason).

Um, there are. I hope you don’t expect Sims to have French cuts because that is not their style.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want the Seasons to make sense in the area they belong in and that's what I think they have attempted to do. So I'm guessing no snow in the Jungle and possibly none in Oasis Springs. Just guessing of course. It would look weird to me otherwise so I'm hoping.

Go to origin where you buy the game and read the "read more". It says a little more, but basically it says weather will be in all worlds, which is as many simmers requested. Of course I am not sure if that goes for the vacation worlds - just the worlds in which sims can live - from the way I see it. I would assume the vacation worlds weather would never change as that is how it has been since Sims 2.

Grant said (over on Twitter)
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    It looked like they were having a New Year's Party.

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

https://youtu.be/mia5DCIgKS4

In all the years I played Sims 2, I never saw that. Do you have to be playing on December 31 at midnight for it to happen?

IIRC, on the last day of Winter (or whatever season you had set as the 4th season) you got a notification suggesting throwing a NYE party. If you threw it, you would get the above NPC at some point in the party (if the party didn't get shut down by the police before that point).
    I think that was part of Happy Holiday Stuff, not Seasons.

I never stated it was part of Seasons. I said it was part of Sims 2. I know that Santa came with that pack also, so it doesn't surprise me.

That came in the Holiday pack - second edition. It is in the Ultimate collection too I believe. So if some one did not own the Holiday pack or the Ultimate Edition - they may not have seen it before - as they also did not see Santa without that Holiday pack. It was not free like Sims 4 Holiday pack was.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I just puked in joy.

The important thing to me is that there's more to do in THIS Seasons than in Sims 3 Seasons - it's got to be better. We get windy days, as well as rainy days, it seems. That's a start.

It gives us swings, which is something we've been asking for for a while... Hives, some sort of mad scientist thing... It's true that in a number of places animation is reused. I'm wondering what the ice rink and roller rink will be implemented.

Keep in mind that a lot of the Holiday stuff comes in a free pack but you can't complain about what you haven't paid for.

It certainly LOOKS good... but isn't that the job of the marketing department? I've been disappointed many a time by EA... Man but I want this to be as good as it looks.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.