Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited May 2018
    Grant also just said they won't have time to do any live streams before EA Play, but they will afterwards.

Oh thanks I was curious about this. I am sooo loving that seasons is coming. Anytime my sister who doesn't play the Sims 4 comes to me and tells me seasons is being released on June 22nd because she saw it on Facebook you know it's a big deal
    My only concern is I did not see a single pet in the trailer ☹️ I am really hoping they will be interactive and made aware of the surrounding weather.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    What im loving is how many people are happy. Most are brimming with excitement from what I have seen <3o:) And its understood because the trailer alone shows so much to be excited about. My personal favorites KIDDIE POOL, SKATING AND SWINGS!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Oh, wow! There's a lot going on in that trailer. I'm quite impressed.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I wonder if the indoor skating rink is a new type or if it's like Bowling, an object you can put in any venue?

I hope it's a placeable object. I imagine the bowling allies and skating could make pretty awsome venues together :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2018
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Yardenro wrote: »
    what does it mean CREATE YOUR OWN HOLIDAYS? how?
    and what's the deal with the lightning-man in the end? he as super powers? WHATS GOING ON I NEED MORE INFO PRONTO

My guess is it'll work similar to the club system from GT:
    1. Pick date (E.G. 4th day of Winter)
    2. Pick traditional must-dos (Decorate Tree, Give Gifts)
    3. Pick extra suggested activities (Ice skate, Build a snowman)
    4. Pick a location (Home)
    5. Name it and write a short description (Similar to clubs)
    6. Holiday gets added to a calendar or something (maybe a seasonal UI similar to the club one)
    7. You get a reminder the day before and an annoucement/greeting on the day (Happy Winterfest! Don't forget to give those gifts you spent no time wrapping!)
    8. Enjoy the holiday!

I might actually get around to making those fake religions and secular groups now that I can make custom holidays for each one!

Huh. This could actually be really versatile. If we can pick a date and time this would outshine our current party system. I'd love to plan a date and time for birthdays for example and have everyone in the special group (invitees) show up bearing gifts. (The same could be done manually of course but some automation would be really nice.)

Also, they have the "Visiting NPC" seasonal characters. We might be able to customise those too (appearance on a mannequin GTW/DO style, actions Clubs style).

So maybe in your world it's a tradition to have Bears try to swipe your pie at the Baking Festival, or Astronauts visit on Space Day.
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    It honestly looks really good! I can't wait to know more about it!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2018
    It looked like they were having a New Year's Party.

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

https://youtu.be/mia5DCIgKS4

In all the years I played Sims 2, I never saw that. Do you have to be playing on December 31 at midnight for it to happen?

IIRC, on the last day of Winter (or whatever season you had set as the 4th season) you got a notification suggesting throwing a NYE party. If you threw it, you would get the above NPC at some point in the party (if the party didn't get shut down by the police before that point).
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I saw new cute toddler CAS, including new hair for girls, and I'm very happy and excited to see what else they get. I was sad that they didn't get much in C&D, but I'm eager to see what else they get here. The kiddie pool looks super cute and I'm thrilled to see swings for kids. :)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

In all the years I played Sims 2, I never saw that. Do you have to be playing on December 31 at midnight for it to happen?

IIRC, on the last day of Winter (or whatever season you had set as the 4th season) you got a notification suggesting throwing a NYE party. If you threw it, you would get the above NPC at some point in the party (if the party didn't get shut down by the police before that point).
    I think that was part of Happy Holiday Stuff, not Seasons.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2018

@ClassicalSim

This comes with Happy Holiday Stuff. You use the phone to set up a New Year's party. The party starts at 8pm and Father Time comes down the sidewalk at about a quarter to 12.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Potato_SimsPotato_Sims Posts: 1 New Member
    Of course it's not base-game...
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I wonder if the indoor skating rink is a new type or if it's like Bowling, an object you can put in any venue?

I hope it's a placeable object. I imagine the bowling allies and skating could make pretty awsome venues together :)
    Agreed. Though I would have to tear down Landgraab's house to fit them both in one place, I think.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    I can’t wait for the gardening career, and it all sounds fabulous! Despite them using in the blog my pet peeve, the late 20th century coinage non-word “impactful”, I am all on board for this one. Clear the calendar for June 22!
  • JoSpinNJGirlJoSpinNJGirl Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope they expand lots for more houses in the existing or new worlds.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
    and what's the deal with the lightning-man in the end? he as super powers? WHATS GOING ON I NEED MORE INFO PRONTO

6. Holiday gets added to a calendar or something (maybe a seasonal UI similar to the club one)
    7. You get a reminder the day before and an annoucement/greeting on the day (Happy Winterfest! Don't forget to give those gifts you spent no time wrapping!)
    8. Enjoy the holiday!

I might actually get around to making those fake religions and secular groups now that I can make custom holidays for each one!

Huh. This could actually be really versatile. If we can pick a date and time this would outshine our current party system. I'd love to plan a date and time for birthdays for example and have everyone in the special group (invitees) show up bearing gifts. (The same could be done manually of course but some automation would be really nice.)

birthdays as a holiday! CLEVER!
  • fandompotatofandompotato Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh this looks so so good I'm so excited!! Can't wait for the game to be as realistic as possible now
  • simsonamissionsimsonamission Posts: 7 New Member
    I was so excited to see this as I sat in my eighth period, not paying attention at all!
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Grant also just said they won't have time to do any live streams before EA Play, but they will afterwards.

Oh thanks I was curious about this. I am sooo loving that seasons is coming. Anytime my sister who doesn't play the Sims 4 comes to me and tells me seasons is being released on June 22nd because she saw it on Facebook you know it's a big deal
    My only concern is I did not see a single pet in the trailer ☹️ I am really hoping they will be interactive and made aware of the surrounding weather.

They won't show pets in the trailer as they require another pack, so could technically mislead people into thinking they're included in this. With laundry day, cats interact with falling water droplets from the clothes line though. Plus they would have been working on the pets and seasons at the same time, so they shouldn't be forgotten.
  • ShiinaShoniiShiinaShonii Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hope there will be a new world or two and that there will be more fillable areas in CAS!
    Like, a distinction between Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. I want my Sim to be able to have different casual, formal, party, and exercise wear depending on the season.

Example: (Spring)
    Casual-Flowery or Nature Themed Outfits
    Formal-Pastel Colors
    Exercise-Capri Pants & short sleeved shirts
    Party-Nature, Pastel, or Flowery Outfits

Example: (Summer)
    Casual-Rainbows
    Formal-Bright Colors
    Exercise-Short shorts & tops
    Party-Showing Skin

Example: (Autumn)
    Casual-Warm colored plain sweaters
    Formal-Warm colors
    Exercise-Something to wear at an indoor roller-blading ring/bowling
    Party-Spook-fest appropriate

Example: (Winter)
    Casual-Short Coats
    Formal-Long Coats
    Exercise-Ice Skating Outfit
    Party-Winter Holiday or New Years themed Outfits

I know that I could just change all of their clothing at the beginning of each season, but I would rather put it all together in CAS, and change it only when my Sims Age up.

I just don't want my Sim Adams Family to suddenly start wearing pink coats when it snows or have smiling emoji umbrellas.
  • hkamelothkamelot Posts: 16 Member
    I'm thrilled about this but I'm honestly more thrilled that I will not have to read any more forum posts complaining about the lack of a seasons expansion.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member

8. Enjoy the holiday!

I wonder if maybe they'd patch that in for parties too... (Picking time and attire)
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Four Stunning Seasons: From crisp snowfalls to sweltering heat, every world is affected by seasons in unique ways.

Maybe my experience with TS4 PR has just made me overly pessimistic but the way they phrased that seems needlessly evasive. Are all the existing worlds going to experience a full complement of weather and seasons or not?

Well put together trailer, makes it look like we are going to finally get a well fleshed out EP. Think I'll wait and see what we are really getting though just to make sure. The EP's have been especially underwhelming for TS4 so far.
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Leaf blowers, bee's honey oh wow my brain is in overload here.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    This is the first EP for TS4 that actually looks loaded with stuff, like fully worth the $40 and more.

I'm so glad that holidays came back and that they have the appropriate items too! I loved holidays in TS3 but found it annoying there were no decorations for any of the holidays, especially not-Christmas having no trees or Santa outfits.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I wonder will a player have the option of having Oasis Springs experience four seasons since it seems like a place that would be mostly dry year round such as Las Vegas or Arizona. That being said, I love the idea of experiencing four seasons in some of the other worlds!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self