Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Mud fights lol

W1H7x1p.jpg

That's a new one ahaha Nice!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Fantastic, can’t wait to try out the new gardening career, so excited.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited May 2018
    - snowfall looks too bright? Like it's still sunny every day? Raining seems to be fine, chilling, dark and gloomy
    - almost everything already was in previous games? I mean animations
    - ice skating animation is slow for some reason?
    - not so much clothes and hair styles? Things are probably saved for another SP :|
    - so no new town and swimming in sea, okay I am totally fine with that

Sorry for my English, I am so happy right now so please forgive me :p

I'm pretty sure it's just editing, to get 'more magestic' effect ;)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yardenro wrote: »
    what does it mean CREATE YOUR OWN HOLIDAYS? how?
    and what's the deal with the lightning-man in the end? he as super powers? WHATS GOING ON I NEED MORE INFO PRONTO

My guess is it'll work similar to the club system from GT:
    1. Pick date (E.G. 4th day of Winter)
    2. Pick traditional must-dos (Decorate Tree, Give Gifts)
    3. Pick extra suggested activities (Ice skate, Build a snowman)
    4. Pick a location (Home)
    5. Name it and write a short description (Similar to clubs)
    6. Holiday gets added to a calendar or something (maybe a seasonal UI similar to the club one)
    7. You get a reminder the day before and an annoucement/greeting on the day (Happy Winterfest! Don't forget to give those gifts you spent no time wrapping!)
    8. Enjoy the holiday!

I might actually get around to making those fake religions and secular groups now that I can make custom holidays for each one!
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited May 2018
    I wonder if we'll have seasonal gardening/plants again. Also, I'm so happy there are more outdoor activities for kids, that pirate ship was so big and bulky. Seasons looks amazing and I'm glad they weren't split up or world-based. So far so good. ^^
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2018
    They certainly made the most out of that throw animation. Same with jumping and skating too. Everything is seasonal, very clever ;)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My BIGGEST concern is that I will have to tear stuff down to build a skating rink.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    No super powers. We'll have to wait and see what this is about:

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Yay so excited!!! I love that they added roller skating too I can build a cool rec center for teens with bowling, skating and video games!! Love that their is more for gardening too, this is gonna make having a sim rough it outdoors even more fun. I seriously can’t wait for this one.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Yardenro wrote: »
    what does it mean CREATE YOUR OWN HOLIDAYS? how?
    and what's the deal with the lightning-man in the end? he as super powers? WHATS GOING ON I NEED MORE INFO PRONTO

My guess is it'll work similar to the club system from GT:
    1. Pick date (E.G. 4th day of Winter)
    2. Pick traditional must-dos (Decorate Tree, Give Gifts)
    3. Pick extra suggested activities (Ice skate, Build a snowman)
    4. Pick a location (Home)
    5. Name it and write a short description (Similar to clubs)
    6. Holiday gets added to a calendar or something (maybe a seasonal UI similar to the club one)
    7. You get a reminder the day before and an annoucement/greeting on the day (Happy Winterfest! Don't forget to give those gifts you spent no time wrapping!)
    8. Enjoy the holiday!

I might actually get around to making those fake religions and secular groups now that I can make custom holidays for each one!

Huh. This could actually be really versatile. If we can pick a date and time this would outshine our current party system. I'd love to plan a date and time for birthdays for example and have everyone in the special group (invitees) show up bearing gifts. (The same could be done manually of course but some automation would be really nice.)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    /snip/
    • Beekeeping, nectar making and crafting floral arrangements with crafting table
    /snip/

Where did you see Nectar Making? I didn't see it anywhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Did anyone but me notice the obvious ghost story during the "winter celebration"? (On the TV)
    Three ghosts?
    at Christmas?
    Coincidence? NO.

SimDickens!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I have to say, I'm impressed. So far the only negative thing that people are able to point out is "Snow not 3D!". Looks like this expansion is being received much better than any of the others!
    Hopefully there won't be any random limitations and it may actually be a good EP.
  • Options
    It looked like they were having a New Year's Party.

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

https://youtu.be/mia5DCIgKS4
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    "Gardening Career: Begin a blossoming gardening career and become a botanist or floral arranger"

Yaaaay
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I also notice that once again all swimsuits are mom-swimsuits from the 1950s. There is not a single sexy bikini or swimsuit in the game (for women. Men get a banana hammock for some reason).
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm impressed. So far the only negative thing that people are able to point out is "Snow not 3D!". Looks like this expansion is being received much better than any of the others!
    Hopefully there won't be any random limitations and it may actually be a good EP.

I am not saying that there won't be any negative aspects about this EP. I just don't think it's worth speculating and getting excited over possible negative aspects using the first trailer as the basis. And yet it is done every time. It just seems there is less of that with this expansion.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    "Gardening Career: Begin a blossoming gardening career and become a botanist or floral arranger"

Yaaaay

On that note, don't these things sound awesome:

"Grow your gardening career. Create beautiful bouquets and unearth new discoveries in the gardening career. With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town. More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects" :love:
  • Options
    I wonder if the indoor skating rink is a new type or if it's like Bowling, an object you can put in any venue?
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Full of JOY and Super Excited!! Thanks <3<3
  • Options
    characterfan193characterfan193 Posts: 13 New Member
    Is there a perk or bonus to pre-ordering? Vs just buying it the day it's released? via digital on Origin?
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It looked like they were having a New Year's Party.

I remember them being a thing in Sims 2 also. Father Time NPC would appear and change into Toddler New Year while everyone did celebrating animations and made noise.

https://youtu.be/mia5DCIgKS4

In all the years I played Sims 2, I never saw that. Do you have to be playing on December 31 at midnight for it to happen?
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited May 2018
    AspenSims wrote: »
    But why is the snow so flat? Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like that snow mod?

Do you have ANY idea how much actual 3D snow would tax your system?

Sims 2 snow had depth.

Dude, Sims 2 had snow period. Start pausing the trailer in Winter and look at any object you can find outdoors. None of the furniture items have snow buildup on them. The only exception is a wooden reindeer which might just be a reskin of that object.

The "snow" in this game appears to be a reskin for the grass and the surfaces of traditional buildmode objects.

Not true, you can clearly see on the light on the right that the snow is building up as there isn't as much snow as the left lights.

3JTT1Qb.png

Same goes for the picnic tables, the snow is light and is obviously building up.

vTQnbjc.png
    Post edited by kittymeow on
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2018
    Omri147 wrote: »

I am not saying that there won't be any negative aspects about this EP. I just don't think it's worth speculating and getting excited over possible negative aspects using the first trailer as the basis. And yet it is done every time. It just seems there is less of that with this expansion.
    I can understand why people who have been disappointed with former EPs can get skeptical and stop themselves from being too excited cause they expect to be let down, as sad as it is...

I'm usually one of said people but for some reason I'm pretty optimistic about this pack this time around, I surprise myself... :neutral:
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yaaaay

On that note, don't these things sound awesome:

"Grow your gardening career. Create beautiful bouquets and unearth new discoveries in the gardening career. With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town. More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects" :love:

Yeah, both career branches sound very Ambitions profession style.