Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we get another Expansion Pack later on this year?

With Seasons out next month (which for me was early than expected) do you think we will get another one later on?

I remember get to work was released in march and Get Together was released the same year

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No. Only one per year. We might get however, another GP by the end of the year.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    I thought this with them releasing Seasons so soon. GTW was released earlier in the year but I do still think it's possible for an EP release in December again.
  • Options
    WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There were two in 2015.
  • Options
    WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    Joseff wrote: »
    I thought this with them releasing Seasons so soon. GTW was released earlier in the year but I do still think it's possible for an EP release in December again.

hopefully we are and it's a good one. I was expecting seasons in October/November like other Expansions and i'm completely shocked we are getting it next month
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I feel we will, or at least 2 GPs.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Cats & Dogs was released on Nov. 10, 2017. So 3 EPs within 13 months? Doubtful.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I do think that with Pets out of the way development is probably going to go a little faster (just based on how much the devs seemed to be that making cats and dogs was really tricky), but I don't expect another EP, no.

I DO expect another GP tho. And plz be witches, plzz Maxis. And a ton of stuff packs milking seasonal garb/things.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I'm not sure but I see a Beach Vacation or Winter vacation GP in our future. So maybe one of those later this year.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Not sure on EP, but I'm definitely thinking they'll release another GP.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is how I see it, if they can release a Game Pack and then a Stuff Pack within the next 1-2 weeks, like they did with Jungle and First Pet, I say anything is possible at this point
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This is how I see it, if they can release a Game Pack and then a Stuff Pack within the next 1-2 weeks, like they did with Jungle and First Pet, I say anything is possible at this point

This. @SimGuruGrant (I think it was) said on Twitter recently something about changes in how they're doing things, and they always said that there was no set schedule. I think that releasing as big an EP as this so soon after the previous one is a definite change already, so who knows what else might be in the cards?!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

You don't know this for sure, we've had multiple packs per year before...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I can't imagine them wanting to miss the holiday season to sell another EP.
    But EA works in mysterious ways so...
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I think so, my guess is that University will be the sixth EP, released at the end of the year.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I really am surprised that it's out so soon. And I'm also suspicious. Does this mean it's rushed? I'd have expected another month.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think of three Scenarios

1. It would be them announcing an Expansion pack at Gamescom 2018 and release it within November/December this year which leave us 5-6 months gap between Seasons and that Packs. I highly doubt that if they will announce something at Gamescom it will be a Game or Stuff Pack. They won't invite Game Changers, Have a huge number of live interviews, and press conferences, or even be at stage just for a Stuff/Game Pack. That is spending too much marketing on a very small type of pack unlike in Expansions.
    2. They will have an expansion pack release for March 2019 which is 8 month gap between seasons and the next expansion pack.
    3. We will have to wait until November 2019 which is 18 month gap between seasons and that pack(which is the worst case scenario).

Its a toss between No.1 and No.2 if they are currently near the completion of EP6 then they might show it off at Gamescom. For this summer(our country here only has rainy days and sunny days so I don't know about the US one so please correct me if I'm wrong) Around July I don't think they will release any pack with it, but then if they do I hope it will be a Game Pack. Maybe they are saving Witches for a Halloween release still hope we will get a gamepack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    With Seasons out next month (which for me was early than expected) do you think we will get another one later on?

I remember get to work was released in march and Get Together was released the same year

Yes.
    Hoping it's a Tropical Vacation EP. A tropical beach pack would compliment seasons since seasons didn't add a new world with ocean swimming and beach activities.

If not that I'm hoping for Amusement Parks.

I think we'll see another EP in November and a Gamepack this Summer probably in July or August.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I really am surprised that it's out so soon. And I'm also suspicious. Does this mean it's rushed? I'd have expected another month.

Since Seasons didn't come with a world it didn't take as long to release.
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I see a Beach Vacation or Winter vacation GP in our future. So maybe one of those later this year.

I hope your right. They could do more with vacations on an expansion but I'll take them on a Gamepack as well. As long as I get a beach vacation pack this year. I'll be happy.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I would usually say no. But things may change if TS4 is near its end just like TS3 was in 2012-2013.

In 2013 EA released:
    2 SPs
    4 new worlds in the store
    3 EPs
    No less than 6 new collections which all were combinations of the Sims 3 basegame with one or more EPs.

This was extreme and a lot more than EA usually released in just one year. But the reason probably was that EA planned to release TS4 in 2014 and knew that many simmers would hesitate to buy TS4 at least until it got some packs. TS4 was necessary to release anyway because TS3 had become way too big for new simmers to get started with. But then EA needed to release more for TS3 such that the experienced Sims 3 simmers still had something to play with until TS4 had got a few SPs, GPs and EPs released too.

Now EA has the same problem again if EA plans to release TS5 next year (or in 2020). Therefore it will make sense to me if EA again wants to release packs a little more often for TS4 until TS5 is ready to be released (and again mainly targeted at new simmers).
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I doubt it. If we do, that would be awesome, but we'll probably get another GP (or maybe even two) by the end of the year.