Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Seasons

lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
What questions do you have about The Sims 4: Seasons?

My questions:
1. Are there any beach activities such as swimming in the ocean, sunbathing, building sandcastles?
No beaches. (SOURCE)
2. Can sims get tanned/sunburnt? Is there sunscreen?
No tans or sunburns, which probably means no sunscreen either. (SOURCE)
3. Are diving boards and/or pool slides returning?
4. Is there a chance of power outages happening when there is a storm?
5. Are there ceiling fans, table fans, air conditioning, heaters, etc.?
Apparently no ceiling or table fans. (SOURCE)
6. Is the seasonal lot marker from TS3 returning or something similar in Build Mode?
7. Are those glass greenhouse roofs from the trailer just objects or is that a new roof type/texture?
Confirmed to be a new Build Mode addition coming with the patch. (SOURCE)
8. Since there are kiddy pools, will toddlers now have a swimwear category in CAS?
Yes. (SOURCE)
9. Is Outerwear a new category in CAS like in previous games?
Yes, there's a new category for winter wear but there are also other new categories. (SOURCE)
10. Are swings expandable like in previous games (as in if you place multiple ones side-by-side they connect)?
11. Are soccer nets returning?
No. (SOURCE)
12. How many holidays can we create at maximum? Which are the premade holidays?
13. Can we change in what season the holiday happens (e.g. make Christmas happen in the summertime, like in the southern hemisphere)?
Confirmed that you can create your own holidays and set the season in which season they happen. (SOURCE)
14. Are there new illnesses?
15. Can seasons be customized per world like in previous games (e.g. make it always summer in Oasis Springs) and can we change the duration of each of them separately? Can we also enable/disable specific weather as well (e.g. have winter enabled but disable snow)?
You can pick a starting season, but the cycle is always the same, but you can use the weather controller object to change that. You can also change season length in options, but it's not clear yet if it is separate for each season or if this option applies to all seasons. (SOURCE 1) (SOURCE 2)
16. Are there any new pet interactions if Cats & Dogs is installed, such as pets playing in the snow? Is there any pet outerwear?
Pets are affected by weather and will react to rain/snow. It's still unknown if they have outerwear. (SOURCE 1) (SOURCE 2) (SOURCE 3)
17. Are igloos and penguins returning?
Penguins are not. Igloos are still unknown. (SOURCE)
Post edited by lexus20 on

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Oh my! I sure hope all of the answers are yes. If not, EA better hurry up and add them all :p
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    Awesome questions. I want to know: will there be a new world with Seasons?
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Will we get a new world with Seasons?
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Will each worlds weather vary like hotter in Oasis Springs and colder in Forgotten Hollow?
    Are there new pool objects?
    Was there a celebration for the new year and if so would that mean that the calendar system is coming?
    Will there be festivals like in the third?
    Will vamps get more effected by sun in summer and will the cold bother them?
    Are there new romantic interactions?
    A world?
    Swimmable sea? (Even though it's unlikely in my opinion)
    How many skills/aspirations are there?
    Will us be able to customize the outfits depending on the seasons?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Will each worlds weather vary like hotter in Oasis Springs and colder in Forgotten Hollow?
    Are there new pool objects?
    Was there a celebration for the new year and if so would that mean that the calendar system is coming?
    Will there be festivals like in the third?
    Will vamps get more effected by sun in summer and will the cold bother them?
    Are there new romantic interactions?
    A world?
    Swimmable sea? (Even though it's unlikely in my opinion)
    How many skills/aspirations are there?
    Will us be able to customize the outfits depending on the seasons?

I hope so because that was fun and I hope we send kids to go trick or treating even if it is a rabbit hole I'll be happy.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Can we change each worlds seasons to our liking or are they preset?
    Can we choose weather and temp settings or is it just based on the season?
    Is there a summer vacation and/or Can we set vacation days with our holidays?
    Is the skating a skill and is there skating actions the player can choose or is more like ts3 where your sims just interact with the rink?
    Ice dance? Hockey? Curling? Winter sports in general?
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I just hope there is a new world/town with it..
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    from what I seen coming out, there will not be any new worlds or towns.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    from what I seen coming out, there will not be any new worlds or towns.

Yeah, I believe no new world has been confirmed on Twitter by SGKate.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Could there be radio stations for Seasons? You know, summer has to do with reggae or beach music!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member

My own speculations

lexus20 wrote: »
    What questions do you have about The Sims 4: Seasons?

My questions:
    1. Are there any beach activities such as swimming in the ocean, sunbathing, building sandcastles?

No, (reserved for Summer Vacation GP)

2. Can sims get tanned/sunburnt? Is there sunscreen?

3. Are diving boards and/or pool slides returning?

4. Is there a chance of power outages happening when there is a storm?

5. Are there ceiling fans, table fans, air conditioning, heaters, etc.?

6. Is the seasonal lot marker from TS3 returning or something similar in Build Mode?

Only neighborhood area, not customizable like the festivals

7. Are those glass greenhouse roofs from the trailer just objects or is that a new roof type/texture?

8. Since there are kiddy pools, will toddlers now have a swimwear category in CAS?

9. Is Outerwear a new category in CAS like in previous games?

Certainly

10. Are swings expandable like in previous games (as in if you place multiple ones side-by-side they connect)?

11. Are soccer nets returning?

No, (reserved for upcoming pack)

13. How many holidays can we create at maximum? Which are the premade holidays?

13. Can we change in what season the holiday happens (e.g. make Christmas happen in the summertime, like in the southern hemisphere)?

14. Are there new illnesses?

15. Can seasons be customized per world like in previous games (e.g. make it always summer in Oasis Springs) and can we change the duration of each of them separately? Can we also enable/disable specific weather as well (e.g. have winter enabled but disable snow)?

No, " every world is affected by seasons in unique ways" means "No customization"

16. Are there any new pet interactions if Cats & Dogs is installed, such as pets playing in the snow? Is there any pet outerwear?

Certainly

17. Are igloos and penguins returning?

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2018
    Will clothes on the clothes line will stay wet or get wet if it has been dry if it rains?

Will PlantSims fulfill their 'Water' need when standing outside in the rain?

Will PlantSims use an umbrella when outside? (I hope not!)

Do we get any new harvestables in this Expansion?
    a256aFi.gif
    Will clothes on the clothes line will stay wet or get wet if it has been dry if it rains?

Will PlantSims fulfill their 'Water' need when standing outside in the rain?

Will PlantSims use an umbrella when outside? (I hope not!)

Do we get any new harvestables in this Expansion?

That is a great question I hope so and more foods and drinks ex. Hot chocolate for cold days and slushies for hot days.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    the origin site says it: Weather is customizable. You can choose not to have certain weather events in certain worlds.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    In the trailer we only saw the base game worlds Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. No new world in this pack. Seems reasonable considering each world got 3 remakes of itself.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »
    the origin site says it: Weather is customizable. You can choose not to have certain weather events in certain worlds.

It says weather is controllable, but that could refer to the weather machine. The "every world is affected by seasons in unique ways" makes me think weather is not customizable, but I hope I'm wrong.
    edited May 2018

It says weather is controllable, but that could refer to the weather machine. The "every world is affected by seasons in unique ways" makes me think weather is not customizable, but I hope I'm wrong.

"Now you can add and control weather events, revel in fun seasonal activities and celebrate the holidays in style with The Sims 4 Seasons."
    You can add and control weather events but they will probably be experienced by sims in different ways in different neighborhoods. Sweltering heat in oasis springs could translate to normal temp summers in willow creek. Like the intensity is what I am getting at I guess

"Now you can add and control weather events, revel in fun seasonal activities and celebrate the holidays in style with The Sims 4 Seasons."
    You can add and control weather events but they will probably be experienced by sims in different ways in different neighborhoods. Sweltering heat in oasis springs could translate to normal temp summers in willow creek. Like the intensity is what I am getting at I guess

I hadn't thought about that... I hope you're right.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2018
    My only question is..
    will there be a new world

I really hope there will be.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2018
    CrownSims wrote: »
    My only question is..
    will there be a new world

I really hope there will be.

No new world has been confirmed by SimGuruKate on twitter.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2018
    Really good questions guys, I also have a few of my own. Sorry if I only add to the growing queries. :smiley:

If I build my house without a roof (which I am prone to do at times) will rain come in and soak the furniture?
    Will there be functional fans/ air conditioning for summer?
    Will the fireplace provide central heating for homes?
    Will there be sun tans/frostbite?
    Will there be spring break/summer vacation/public holidays where adults get the day off too? (Lol - not only children need love)
    Will there be hail/sleet/blizzards?
    Will school/work be shut down if weather is particularly bad?
    Will storms/heavy rainfall be available in any season or only a particular one?
    Will gift giving be an actual thing? (I actually loved how Sims 3 Generations children got gift when they were born from a random relative)
    Will mistletoes be able to be hung up?
    What will happen when it rains at an outdoor restaurant? Will sims run away and seek shelter?
    Will the bonfire be put out in a downpour?
    Will a sim's house on fire that is exposed to the elements be put out by rainfall?
    Can teen/adults use the swing as well?
    Can sims at least catch colds and allergies?
    Will townie sims know how to dress for the appropriate weather?

Edit: Will children be able to rake leaves/shovel snow as chores as well or will only clubs see new addition to existing content?
    Will owning Spooky Day unlock trick or treating maybe? :neutral:
    Are the picnic baskets functional and will selling lemonade in the summer be a feature?
    Post edited by Kyatione on
    Kyatione wrote: »
    Can teen/adults use the swing as well?
    Yes, it's been confirmed here.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I want to know if the order seasons go in + duration is selectable/changeable per world.
    Gallery ID: babysquare

I hadn't thought about that... I hope you're right.

I hope so too! Lol