Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread

CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
Hello folks, just watched the trailer for TS4 Seasons and I am pumped! B) I've already pre-ordered, in fact.
SO MANY NEW THINGS ARE COMING! And it's not -just- weather..

So why not make a thread about what we spotted in the trailer that's got us raving!

Definitely seemed like we're getting a while bunch of gardening content, flower arranging, bee-keeping..
What are you buzzing about? No pun intended.
Post edited by CoteDAzur on

Comments

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited June 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by CoteDAzur on
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    My takeaway is that I can’t freaking wait and everything looks amazing! The last few secs especially have me hyped
    keep on keepin' on
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2018
    Very excited they brought back things from The Sims 2! Greenhouses are back, and so is Father Christmas! Custom holiday creation sounds awesome, too!
    Celebrate the holidays. Decorate your home and bring Sims together to celebrate heartfelt holiday traditions. Ring in the new year with a celebration, enjoy a romantic date during Love Day or gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast. Watch as your Sims count down the calendar days until Winterfest, where presents are gifted, decorations are hung, and Father Winter pays a visit. You can even create custom holidays and choose how your Sims celebrate.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I saw a swingset :) and of course the small swimming pool! I hope toddlers can play in it.
    edited May 2018
    Your sims with the gardening career can arrange flowers AND make deliveries around town! That's so adorable. I can't.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    The kiddie pool, the clothing in general, the lightning effects.
    Bee keeping, floral design, ice skating, rollerskating.
    Gift giving, Winterfest guy, bunny mascotte in spring, the magic scarecrow.
    The swings, the different ornaments you can hang on your house, matching every season.
    ITS ALL SO GOOD.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    CoteDAzur wrote: »
    Oh and a heads up, you can add/control the weather, according to the features page on Origin! Edit: Assumingly this means from map management and not just through the weather machine. Muahaha.

Can we also decide which seasons we play in and keep the seasons locked until we are ready to move on to another season? Reason I ask is because I am a rotational player with a lot a households and I like to go through one or two rotational play in the same season and then be able to switch over to another season in the next go?

For instance when I go back to the first family and move through the others until I come to the last family in the rotation to have the same season through out that play until I start back with the first family in the rotation and switch then?
    Custom holidays sound amazing, I definitely agree, they've added some wonderful sounding new features while sticking to absolutely everything TS2 Seasons had to offer by the looks of it. I had faith and I'm feeling like many peoples wishes have been answered for this expac.
    edited May 2018
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    CoteDAzur wrote: »
    Oh and a heads up, you can add/control the weather, according to the features page on Origin! Edit: Assumingly this means from map management and not just through the weather machine. Muahaha.

Can we also decide which seasons we play in and keep the seasons locked until we are ready to move on to another season? Reason I ask is because I am a rotational player with a lot a households and I like to go through one or two rotational play in the same season and then be able to switch over to another season in the next go?

For instance when I go back to the first family and move through the others until I come to the last family in the rotation to have the same season through out that play until I start back with the first family in the rotation and switch then?

By the looks of it you can do this. I can only assume by what I've read, but being able to add seasons probably means you can keep one continually until you decide to change otherwise.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Gift giving!!!!!
  • MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I saw a swingset :) and of course the small swimming pool! I hope toddlers can play in it.

In the scene where the guy walks across the screen showing each season as he walks. Look in the background of the summer season there is a toddler in the kiddie pool with an adult sem beside him. I am so excited :D
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    The guy didn't change his clothes when he went from one season to the next, which bums me out a little bit. I REALLY wanted to be able to have a different outfit for each season (without having to manually change it every time).

Also yes, I hope we can dictate how long seasons are etc.

I really wish there was more pool stuff in the trailer too.
    The potential for a bunch of new at-home/self sufficient and hired careers sounds plentiful. Definitely going to be starting a fresh save for this EP I think, too many opportunities for new Simbles.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm loving gift giving, swings, calendar system (according to the blog), outfits, hairs, snow, rain, literally everything!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

aprilrose wrote: »
    I'm loving gift giving, swings, calendar system (according to the blog), outfits, hairs, snow, rain, literally everything!

Something about rain had me too eager. Maybe it's because I'm Welsh and it's ingrained in me.
    WhyisitraininginmyhouseWhyisitraininginmyhouse. Pls.
    edited May 2018
    Your kids can be scouts and earn badges. Omg. My day has been absolutely made. Edit: I'm guessing maybe even teens/possibly Y/A can too. This is glorious.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    The lady's bathing suit looked sooo cute!!
    C0gfE.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    From what I've learned so far, there are so many unexpected things coming, scouts, bee keeping, gardening career, customizable holidays!!! there even seems to be a new glass roof texture to make green houses, tree decorating, gift giving, snow shoveling (I believe this is something that hasn't appeared in previous games), I even saw a picnic basket!!! (or what I believe to be a picnic basket) how every worlds climate is unique, oh my goodness the list could go onnnnn.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I dont even know where to start!

Snow shoveling
    Toddler pool!
    Scarecrow!
    FREAKING CUSTOM HOLIDAYS.

This month long wait will be the death of me.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Are we assuming there will be no new world with Seasons? I'm not mad if that's the case - just seemed to be showing existing worlds in the trailer. There certainly seems to be enough new content to justify no new world, I'm just curious. :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Seasons is honestly going to be the best EP ever for TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited May 2018
    There are gonna be so many scarecrows around town, I hope he comes with some recolours.
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    The kiddie pool, the clothing in general, the lightning effects.
    Bee keeping, floral design, ice skating, rollerskating.
    Gift giving, Winterfest guy, bunny mascotte in spring, the magic scarecrow.
    The swings, the different ornaments you can hang on your house, matching every season.
    ITS ALL SO GOOD.

This, this, this......!! No swim at ocean or long chairs, but i don't really care, the amount of gameplay we will get with this EP plus weather effects, what more can i say, they did amazing with seasons, my favorite EP from all previous games, i was so scared they mess up.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
    Are we assuming there will be no new world with Seasons? I'm not mad if that's the case - just seemed to be showing existing worlds in the trailer. There certainly seems to be enough new content to justify no new world, I'm just curious. :)

I didn't notice anything of a new World in this EP, there could be but to be honest for me personally this is the last thing I could care about as we're getting seasons in all of our Worlds. There are just so many new features coming.. I can't wait. It's not even a long wait and I still can't cope with it.
  • RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    I’ll admit, I was pretty skeptical at first but WOW did they prove me wrong! They went all out with this one and I think this will be the best expansion yet :smile: this makes me so excited to see what more they have in store for us!! I can’t wait to have my little sim family around the fire sipping hot cocoa and waiting for Santa :love: