Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I know if another player approves of his/her sim moving into my household?

So I have a sim who is married to another player's sim and they had a baby together, now I want to move this sim into my household. I already asked this sim to move into my household, I read online that you have to have this sim's player's approval to complete the moving in.
How do I know if this player denied or agreed to my request? How long dose it take usually for a sim to move in?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
:)
H O P E H A S A P L A C E

Comments

• JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    I have asked for approval ones, weeks ago and never got feedback. Never was told that it was denied either. Same as we never get a rejection notice on friend requests either. They realy should change this. If you see this player online and his/her sim has not moved in het, it's save to asume your request was denied. I'm making my own sims ever since.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    It's not a good idea to use others sims in this game for the reason your posting. If the other player is not willing to give you their sim , your stuck in your situation. Your only option to get out of the relationship is to do mean interactions until your sim and theirs break up/get a divorce. This way your sim can have a new relationship with anew sim. It's possible the other players sim is already married in their game. It's best you make and use your own sims.
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Joysie wrote: »
    I have asked for approval ones, weeks ago and never got feedback. Never was told that it was denied either. Same as we never get a rejection notice on friend requests either. They realy should change this. If you see this player online and his/her sim has not moved in het, it's save to asume your request was denied. I'm making my own sims ever since.

Yeah, I think I’m going to start doing the same.
    @xingyicaicn If you want to use another player's sim in the future add people in this forum on your friends list. This way you can discuss moving in another player's sim before hand in a Pm or on the forum. There are simmers in this forum that will give away their sims offspring or make you a sim if they have an extra slot. This is if you don't want to make your own sims. There are threads about this in the mobile social discussions
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    @xingyicaicn If you want to use another player's sim in the future add people in this forum on your friends list. This way you can discuss moving in another player's sim before hand in a Pm or on the forum. There are simmers in this forum that will give away their sims offspring or make you a sim if they have an extra slot. This is if you don't want to make your own sims. There are threads about this in the mobile social discussions
    Thank you for the tips ;)
    I do like to make my own sims. This is the first time and the last time I will ever use the other players sims. I just wanted to do it the old fashioned way: go out and meet people haha, oh well, I guess it will not always workout this way in the Sims Mobile :P
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    [quote="xingyicaicn;c-16488876"][quote="phoebebebe13;c-16488802"]@xingyicaicn If you want to use another player's sim in the future add people in this forum on your friends list. This way you can discuss moving in another player's sim before hand in a Pm or on the forum. There are simmers in this forum that will give away their sims offspring or make you a sim if they have an extra slot. This is if you don't want to make your own sims. There are threads about this in the mobile social discussions [/quote]
    I do like to make my own sims. This is the first time and the last time I will ever use the other players sims. I just wanted to do it the old fashioned way: go out and meet people haha, oh well, I guess it will not always workout this way in the Sims Mobile :P[/quote]

If you still want to use the old fashioned way: check the workplaces. My sims often find non-gray , non-player owned sims to date there. They seem to be "managers" of the work places. And when I make them playable (after mariage), the game generates new ones for the next generations.
    edited May 2018
    I do like to make my own sims. This is the first time and the last time I will ever use the other players sims. I just wanted to do it the old fashioned way: go out and meet people haha, oh well, I guess it will not always workout this way in the Sims Mobile :P

I get it. Someone may have a cool sim you would like to use as opposed to making your own and this game does not give warning that you need a players permission to move in their sim before even starting a relationship.. EA need to implement some kind of warning in the game before people get stuck in your situation.

I just got a mail request ( i have gotten several) It states " Is that a spark of synergy? Add Jasmine as a friend and watch the relationship blossom between Breilla ( my sim) and Julian. I have the option to add to my friends list or dismiss. If I click on add to my friend's list it sends the user a friends request from me for them to accept. Is the game just generating these randomly? My sim Breilla is married. She does not hit on other sims in my game. @rosemow input on what these requests are if you know. Thanks!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member

I get it. Someone may have a cool sim you would like to use as opposed to making your own and this game does not give warning that you need a players permission to move in their sim before even starting a relationship.. EA need to implement some kind of warning in the game before people get stuck in your situation.

I just got a mail request ( i have gotten several) It states " Is that a spark of synergy? Add Jasmine as a friend and watch the relationship blossom between Breilla ( my sim) and Julian. I have the option to add to my friends list or dismiss. If I click on add to my friend's list it sends the user a friends request from me for them to accept. Is the game just generating these randomly? My sim Breilla is married. She does not hit on other sims in my game. @rosemow input on what these requests are if you know. Thanks!

Hello @phoebebebe13
    You receive the messages when your sim and another sim begins a relationship in the other simmer’s game. You can choose if you would like to send a friend request. It won’t affect the relationship in the other game, whether you send a friend request or not.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @phoebebebe13
    You receive the messages when your sim and another sim begins a relationship in the other simmer’s game. You can choose if you would like to send a friend request. It won’t affect the relationship in the other game, whether you send a friend request or not.

@rosemow Oh. This person wants to use my female sim with their male sim. I hope they don't intend on asking me for my sim to move in their game. can my female sim have children with their male sim in their game? Sorry I'm a bit confused on what this game permits when using other sims
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member

Hello @phoebebebe13

@rosemow Oh. This person wants to use my female sim with their male sim. I hope they don't intend on asking me for my sim to move in their game. can my female sim have children with their male sim in their game? Sorry I'm a bit confused on what this game permits when using other sims

Your female sim can have children with the male sim in the other simmer’s game.

Hello @phoebebebe13

Your female sim can have children with the male sim in the other simmer’s game.

Oh, not good. This makes me worry they will try to ask me for my sim to move in should they want a serious relationship , have kids with my sim and wind up in the same situation as the op of this thread. EA needs to do something about this situation. people are going to get stuck not getting permission to take others sims
  • blockhart93blockhart93 Posts: 56 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is barbieAELLE and i am looking for a wife for my Sim Cody Barclay. I really wanted him to find love vs me creating it like his older brother did, but there are not as many options for Cody, since all the townies aged into elders. If anyone is interested in creating or has an avaliable mate that would be compatible with Cody my friend code is: 73R4V6T. Cody's personality is fun, he loves music, he works as a DJ, he wears bright colored urban wear and he likes girls that are party girls. All his crushes in the game were girls that were brown skinned, curvy, and had musical or flirtarious traits.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I'll be honest, I have no idea how having relationships or importing other peoples' sims works. I've either created my own or used townies for relationships, although I've recently had my DJ chatting up someone elses' sim lately. If I need their permission to have her move into my house, then, whoops! :P
  • SheenOmalleySheenOmalley Posts: 10 New Member
    I agree. If you want the married sims to live in the same house as their child. Use two of your own sims. Completing the Relationship Levels is easier using both sims.
  • Special82movesSpecial82moves Posts: 2 New Member
    K6QNTUR
    Add me my name is Special I'm at a great level in the game, awesome house and looking for some cool people to add
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    Not too long ago someone wanted my sim to move in, I declined because I like my sims. I don’t retire them either. But I felt sort of bad just declining and I don’t any way of saying sorry I prefer to keep my sims.
    There really should be an in-game PM system.
    Actually there’s a lot of things that can improve this game that haven’t gotten implemented. EA seems to busy coming up with the next money making idea rather than the next game improvement.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• BelLamelasBelLamelas Posts: 38 New Member
    We should be able to talk to our friends in the game, so that we can know if they are able to provide us a sim for a relationship ou something like that.