Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Mrs. Crumplebottom

KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
Months ago in one of my custom hoods, a vampire went on a biting spree and ended up biting Mrs. Crumplebottom without my knowledge. I had completely forgotten it had even happened since nothing unusual happened at the time. Yesterday when I was playing I noticed that she had smoke trailing from her and I suddenly had a flashback to that disastrous day.

Nothing has happened so far but I'm well aware that it's just a matter of time before armageddon.

Now I know that my hood at the very least is toast, but my question is, is my entire game toast too? I presume so and am prepared for the worst. I'm willing to reinstall since my own careless oversight caused this but I would just like to know before I do anything further in my game if it's just destined to doom. If my game can be saved, I would appreciate being told how!

P.S: I subsequently installed a mod that prevents things like this from happening again, it was obviously too little too late but I now know for future reference.
Bring back the Paranormal career already.

Comments

• Options
    Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    Yes, a vampire biting Mrs. Crumplebottom leads to game corruption :(
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Altering, Bigfoot, Crumplebottom, wise old man and other NPCs will corrupt towns and neighborhoods. If it becomes corrupted the best thing you can do that I've always done was deleting the files for TS2, uninstall and then reinstall the game make sure you remove your mods to desk top or another location first.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I am not sure if it has corrupted your entire game or just the hoods. Before reinstalling ( since you may have to do so anyway ) you could simply try just resetting your neighbourhoods, and replacing them all with fresh untouched copies from the game files. If you don't know how to do that, you can get instructions HERE
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Thank you for the insights, everybody! Seems as if you've all confirmed what I suspected.
    Pary wrote: »
    I am not sure if it has corrupted your entire game or just the hoods. Before reinstalling ( since you may have to do so anyway ) you could simply try just resetting your neighbourhoods, and replacing them all with fresh untouched copies from the game files. If you don't know how to do that, you can get instructions HERE

That's a great idea, I'll try that. It isn't something I've ever done before but I'll give it a go! I presume that if the problem remains after I've done that I'll then have to reinstall.

In future I'll make sure that I have my object files as read only and I'll diligently back everything up like there's no tomorrow. Painful lesson learned!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2018
    I think the crumplefix mod helps to prevent this from happening.
    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/hacks/

Found more possibilities for you:
    http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=2&skip=20
    Scroll down a little for the vampires not biting NPC mods.

I don't know if these were what you have.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    Pary wrote: »

Since Mrs. Crumplebottom is an universal object instead of a full Sim, any changes to her character file will corrupt the whole game, not just the neighborhood. This is one time where uninstalling and reinstalling is necessary, then make the objects.package read only and put in mods to stop vampires from biting her.
  • Options
    theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    oh, sucks to be you. I know the feeling. rest in pieces old save from 2006. and rest in peace your save too.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif