Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW TEASER RELEASED / NEW TRAILER TOMORROW

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If it's Seasons, it won't have a new world as it affects every world.

In an EP they could add a new world, as a lot of players often run out of space, but in seasons I'd prefer it if they didn't and instead concentrated on seasons and weather-based content.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I don't think it will be Seasons. EA play is next month. I would think Seasons is going to be an expansion pack. I just don't see them giving us a EP before EA play.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    Possibly it is seasons type because the trees in the back look like they changed colors but in the pets EP there were trees that showed different colors. I hope it’s not farming, what new gameplay would that bring.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @keylimepiesims Yes, but S2 Seasons was much smaller than S3 Seasons which is why S2 could have a new world and S3 didn't. Seasons in S4 has multiple connected worlds, hopefully, each with their own setup and rotation system. Plus holidays and clothes and tons of other stuff. I don't need a new world if the trade off is a watered down version of Seasons.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm hoping for farming more than seasons. But seasons would be good too.

They pretty much have to go together, especially if you want the aspect of certain crops in specific seasons and plants going dormant in winter unless you have a greenhouse or otherwise bring plants indoors (we can already grow plants indoors -- some sort of glass roof to make conservatories or for indoor pools would be a nice addition).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd laugh my butt off if it was Sims 4: Jack-o-lantern Stuff
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Whatever comes out, whether it is Seasons, Farming, or what have you, l hope they didn’t forget the builders and give us some new build tools. That is way past due!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So another question is... are we getting a patch tomorrow? Does the teaser signify patch content, or an actual trailer announcement? Probably an announcement, but we still haven't had a patch for May. Is that why they are announcing the next pack tomorrow? Because the patch content will give it away anyway?

Okay, that was several questions. But I want to know!!

It'd be great if we got rain in the patch, even though I rather doubt it.
    If it is seasons, does anyone think it’ll come with a new world? If it’s a seasons/farming combo, I would hope it does, although I suppose Brindleton Bay and Windenburg are almost farming suitable worlds.

I've got a farm I downloaded from the Gallery on one of the 64x64 lots -- looks great there.

There probably won't be a new world because they need to use resources to create weather and make sure it works with all the worlds properly (like no snow in Oasis Springs vs. plenty of snow in Windenburg or Brindleton Bay). We didn't get a world with Sims 3 Seasons, after all.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Still don't think it's Seasons yet but I sure hope it doesn't snow in Oasis Springs when they do release it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am mostly glad about the fact that they finally released a bit of info of things to come. People were getting really restless and everyone knows that simmers are their best when they are anticipating new stuff to come and let their imagination run wild. :smile:
    That hairstyle looks amazing!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Man do I hope that is for seasons.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm hoping for farming more than seasons. But seasons would be good too.

They pretty much have to go together, especially if you want the aspect of certain crops in specific seasons and plants going dormant in winter unless you have a greenhouse or otherwise bring plants indoors (we can already grow plants indoors -- some sort of glass roof to make conservatories or for indoor pools would be a nice addition).

Speaking of greenhouses, I hope they add them in with seasons. I can't currently build one with normal walls/roofs as my houses have elevated foundations. A greenhouse would need to sit flat at ground level despite the presence of foundations.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'd laugh my butt off if it was Sims 4: Jack-o-lantern Stuff

Hahaha! All the excitement, the build up, and the joy that Seasons is just around the corner (which I really hope it is), but it just turns out to be the Jack-o-Lantern stuff pack. LOL!
    LiELF wrote: »
    So another question is... are we getting a patch tomorrow? Does the teaser signify patch content, or an actual trailer announcement? Probably an announcement, but we still haven't had a patch for May. Is that why they are announcing the next pack tomorrow? Because the patch content will give it away anyway?

Okay, that was several questions. But I want to know!!

It'd be great if we got rain in the patch, even though I rather doubt it.

If they want the usual marketing campaign, this is about the latest they could announce it; we've got a couple of weeks before EA Play so we get a general trailer tomorrow, follow it up with a couple of trailers/blogs with some of the features (seasonal activities, weather and effects on gardening, other outdoor activities), then the pre-pack patch on the 7th (since they'll want to have a fully patched game for EA Play) then release on Tuesday the 12th after EA Play is over. We might get the May patch tomorrow but it'll probably just be more bug fixes; I'd expect the pack specific stuff to be in the pre-pack patch.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Some of you mention fall leaves. I went back and rewatched the gif the OP posted. I saw no such thing. A scarecrow suggests to me farming.
    I would like Seasons, too, but I'm just not seeing what the rest of you are seeing. I guess tomorrow's trailer will make things all the more clear.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 2 Seasons gave us PlantSims and Gardening. But that was when DLC came with more to it and they had more people working on DLC. I do not expect much in Sims 4 DLC as City Living proved EPs are no long EPs but limited $40 experiences that make you wish to go play Sims 3 instead with its less restrictive and more 'complete' DLC.

I'm going with Farming and the world is just 'fall like' we saw that in Cats and Dogs where trees were different colors. But if its Seasons I do not expect Holidays to return or the Seasonal Festivals hosted at parks from Sims 3 Seasons. I also do not expect PlantSims. Also no swimming in the ocean/lake/ponds. Or pool float or diving board free patch. Man Sims 3 had so much more....makes me sad.
    I just hope if it is Seasons we can select what Seasons we experience like in Sims 2 and 3 Seasons, select the weather types, how long Seasons last as well. But Sims 4 is very restrictive on our freedom to play our way so I doubt control over weather/seasons would be there.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    :astonished: I really hope it's Seasons!!!! *Tries not to get hopes up* *Failing to not get hopes up* PLEASE!!!
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited May 2018
    *poof* not sure why this was moved here....
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited May 2018
    I concur with @GalaticGal, a scarecrow doesn't suggest weather to me. I'm thinking farming or from the apprehensive nature of the Sim, possibly something of the more supernatural variety.

If I'm wrong and it is Seasons, I'll gladly take that L, but until tomorrow, I'm a bit more skeptical.
    Some of you mention fall leaves. I went back and rewatched the gif the OP posted. I saw no such thing. A scarecrow suggests to me farming.
    I would like Seasons, too, but I'm just not seeing what the rest of you are seeing. I guess tomorrow's trailer will make things all the more clear.

If you look closely at the tree (it's sort of past the house, behind the fence and the scarecrow), it looks like the leaves are in the process of changing color -- going from a light green to kind of a yellow brown. And it's a very Halloween-ish type scarecrow (I hope we'll get some basic looking ones as well), but we already have Spooky Stuff so it's more than just a Halloween pack. We're about in the right point in the cycle for a Seasons/weather pack -- I think in other Sims games weather followed pets/cats and dogs fairly closely.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    If not Farming or Seasons. The hat may hint towards Witches. To Witch I would be happy with as well as they're the second most popular Supernatural. Casting fireballs and ice spells at Sims reeking havoc upon the town was fun in Sims 3. Especially the Toad Sim curse I really hope that comes back can't have Witches without Toad Sims. Plus they could bring back the broom even though there are no vehicles in Sims 4. It would act like the Vampire bat form where it flies into the sky and back down to its destination. So the Witch would pull out her broom and hop on flying off into the sky and back down to her destination. It would work and be a nice touch as Witches have brooms, its part of their iconic style....well that and black cats.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I really wish this "teaser" was better! Because its soooo lackluster. I am afraid that this seems something like that spooky pack we already got. useless! please dont be that :D
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'd be happy with Seasons, Farming or Witches. Worst case, it's Spooky stuff 2 (requires the Sims 4 Spooky Stuff to play) :D:'( .
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Is the outfit in the teaser new?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top