Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Comments

• bekah130885bekah130885 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2009
    *stares at the thread*

• ScallywagScallywag Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Fikcija wrote:
    I'm going to cry... You don't complete the TS2 challenges and you start a TS3 one? Please! There are people still playing The Sims 2, people who are waiting for a complete Apocalypse rules for all EPs so they could finally try and play it! Don't leave the TS2 challenges hanging like that, please complete the rules for all EPs up to Apartment Life. It's just not fair to leave it that way.

There are several sets of really good rules over at boolprop.com A lot of time and thought went into them and they play pretty well.

You can't blame pinstar for getting excited about the new game and wanting to work on that instead of backtracking to the nightmare that is the apocalypse lol. (keep in mind I'm an apoca nut soo I'm not knockin it!) I spent an entire month trying to do an adult start with different jobs. By the time apartment came out I was bored and ready for #3 so I say BRING IT ON!

Vixen

For those wanting to know what a legacy is...check out pinstars website: legacychallenge.com
  • BerkleyJLBerkleyJL Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Idea for an optional rule: Have the founder use one of the non-realistic skin tones (like Blue) and force the heir to retain that. Since there's a random chance the child will have one or the other parent's skin tone you may need to have multiple children before you get a valid heir.

• LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    BerkleyJL wrote:
    Idea for an optional rule: Have the founder use one of the non-realistic skin tones (like Blue) and force the heir to retain that. Since there's a random chance the child will have one or the other parent's skin tone you may need to have multiple children before you get a valid heir.

You mean like an Alienacy? That was basically the whole point of that, keep having the heir to be an alien, its basically the same thing as yours, since your asking for the child to have a specific trait.
  • BerkleyJLBerkleyJL Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    BerkleyJL wrote:

You mean like an Alienacy? That was basically the whole point of that, keep having the heir to be an alien, its basically the same thing as yours, since your asking for the child to have a specific trait.

Yeah I guess that would be like an Alienacy. I never got into all the variants of the Legacies. I had enough on my plate trying to power-game myself into the most points possible with every single expansion.

Man, my lot was crowded with junk...every hobby, every career, every ghost, etc... ad nauseum.
  • LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2009
    This talk about Apocalypse Challenge makes me wonder if it too could be updated for TS3. Considering that there's fourteen career branches when you factor in the splits, there's certainly plenty of careers, and many of them line up well with TS2 careers, while the ones that don't could probably replace important restrictions from careers that don't exist yet (like Slacker).

Still looking forward to this. Haven't played much to torture Sims, waiting for this rule set so I can finally build up mah dream Legacy.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • morsmordremorsmordre Posts: 990 New Member
    edited June 2009
    BlueEyed wrote:
    Anyone got any good surname ideas for me? :/

http://welldressedsim.com/thesimsnames.php
  • bluebiocatbluebiocat Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    BlueEyed wrote:
    Anyone got any good surname ideas for me? :/

http://welldressedsim.com/thesimsnames.php

Hehehe I got my sims name. It shall be Leif Ledoux. That was a great link! Thanks
  • shboogiesshboogies Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2009
    You know what, I never did a Sims 2 legacy challenge annnd I never raised generations without using cheats. That being said, I can't wait for the rules to be released. I'm definitely giving this a go!
  • Lasonya1218Lasonya1218 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never did a challenge in TS3 but after reading all 11 pages of this thread, I am going to try this legacy challneg. I am excited. :)
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    Legendary wrote:
    This talk about Apocalypse Challenge makes me wonder if it too could be updated for TS3. Considering that there's fourteen career branches when you factor in the splits, there's certainly plenty of careers, and many of them line up well with TS2 careers, while the ones that don't could probably replace important restrictions from careers that don't exist yet (like Slacker).

Still looking forward to this. Haven't played much to torture Sims, waiting for this rule set so I can finally build up mah dream Legacy.

The Apocalypse Challenge will be the next thing I look to update once the new Legacy Challenge is properly play tested, updated and published. That being said, I make no promises that it will actually be updated at all. I may have to make it a completely different challenge depending on how the mechanics work in partner with all the new game play mechanics of The Sims 3. Then again, it might carry over in very similar form the way that the Legacy Challenge is with the blessings of the new game mechanics.

Also keep in mind that the Apocalypse Challenge is one that plays better with a few expansion packs under the game's belt, so there is a very good chance that it may wait until TS3's first EP before seeing an official update.

All that being said, my attention is focused squarely on the play testing and polishing of The Legacy Challenge right now.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • lberen00lberen00 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Where are you going to be posting the rules when you are done? Here &/or your legacychallenge.com website?
  • DarkroomdannyDarkroomdanny Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How's it going Pinstar? You must be having a blast playtesting it, seeing all the curve balls Sims 3 has to offer the Legacy challenge?
  • HarlequinDreamsHarlequinDreams Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2009
    After reading all the pages of this thread, I have to laugh at the fan club Pinstar and the Legacy Challenge has.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a member too, but it's just funny to see!
  • NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never really stuck to the Legacy Challenge (mainly because I only started doing challenges in Apartment life, crazy talk from the challenge newbie). But now this is a fresh start, I shall TOTALLY be doing a legacy, I always try to stick to one family though (but it's haaaard) and I've lessened my use of cheats considerably, (like I'd only boolprop my sim babies' moods if they were about to start screaming in exhaustion whilst their parents had a lack of sleep and needed to work in the morning, and even then I'd only half fill the bar).

Can't wait for the challenge to be updated and what not! So exciting!

For anyone who struggles to name their sims, might I reccomend my favourite tools: http://www.behindthename.com/ and http://surnames.behindthename.com/
    Also, if you're wanting to be random using the most popular names, and you don't have a die that goes up to 100/300/1000, use http://www.random.org/integers/ I also use this for rolling aspirations and what not... as I don't have any dice XD
  • heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    After reading all the pages of this thread, I have to laugh at the fan club Pinstar and the Legacy Challenge has.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a member too, but it's just funny to see!

EA should have been paying him a LOT of money.

I'm not kidding.

Did you know we can PM other users?
    Click here to access your PM box. Then click "New Topic" to send a message :mrgreen:
    Spread the word!
  • BlueEyedBlueEyed Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It has been decided!

My sim shall be named Astrid Zeller!

Astrid is of Austrian origin! I've got a whole plan for the names *Proud*
  • EvaLovesDanEvaLovesDan Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nemamiah wrote:
    I never really stuck to the Legacy Challenge (mainly because I only started doing challenges in Apartment life, crazy talk from the challenge newbie). But now this is a fresh start, I shall TOTALLY be doing a legacy, I always try to stick to one family though (but it's haaaard) and I've lessened my use of cheats considerably, (like I'd only boolprop my sim babies' moods if they were about to start screaming in exhaustion whilst their parents had a lack of sleep and needed to work in the morning, and even then I'd only half fill the bar).

Can't wait for the challenge to be updated and what not! So exciting!

For anyone who struggles to name their sims, might I reccomend my favourite tools: http://www.behindthename.com/ and http://surnames.behindthename.com/
    Also, if you're wanting to be random using the most popular names, and you don't have a die that goes up to 100/300/1000, use http://www.random.org/integers/ I also use this for rolling aspirations and what not... as I don't have any dice XD

Thanks for the links Nemamiah, much appreciated. Always have problems thinking of new names for my simmies :)
  • poi_boipoi_boi Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm glad to see you working on a new legacy challenge for TS3. I'm already playing a family with my own set of rules in preperation for the challenge.

Start off with a single sim.
    No Cheats.
    Can only marry NPCs (easy to do if you start a new game with only npcs in it)
    Try to fullfill the lifetime wish of every sim in the family.
    Not as extensive as the legacy challenge rules will be but its giving me some good practice at the new game format.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with for TS3 Legacy.

Edit: forgot to add use the random trait generation for sims aging.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DemoniaDemonia Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got into Sims 2 very late in the games life, so Legacy was never part of it for me. Now that I see everyone so excited, I think I will do it for this game.

Edit: Does anyone have a link to the sims 2 legacy rules? I would like to get a rough idea of what it is all about.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2009
    Demonia wrote:
    I got into Sims 2 very late in the games life, so Legacy was never part of it for me. Now that I see everyone so excited, I think I will do it for this game.

Edit: Does anyone have a link to the sims 2 legacy rules? I would like to get a rough idea of what it is all about.

www.legacychallenge.com
  • ShatowkittygirlShatowkittygirl Posts: 91 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Legacy Challange? for the sims 2 it seemed like too much work to have a legacy, or even a legacy challange.
    I feel kinda stupid for starting a legacy before seeing this, But i feel even more stupid for just now figuring out why there were so many appocolypse legacies on the sims 2 websight >.<
  • Zelda_HarkainZelda_Harkain Posts: 229 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm extremely excited!!! I hope the rules go up soon
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    great, can't wait. Keep wondering what might be the rules, and if those rules will be able to be used in all the different lengths to a families, life .. or will there be different rules for the different time lengths to the families. I have as yet even tried to do a legacy, but i am thinking on it.
  • Xina42Xina42 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2009
    I tried to do something akin to a legacy the other day but seemed to start out with way too much money. I'm just going to have to wait for the official rules to know how to do it right.

I anxiously await them.

When I get a new sims game I usually play the heck out of it until the only way to get the fun back in the game is to have a Legacy... then I go to town with those. It really was one of the best things every created.