Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some helpful tips when playing Sims Mobile (updated for August 2018 patch!)

Comments

• whispersftly79whispersftly79 Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2018
    Thank you so much. These are the best tips I’ve found. I just wanted to add that when working on your relationship stories I think it’s best to choose an option outside of the home to limit the need to repair objects. You could just chat the whole time & not use objects but it takes longer. I like to take my sims out on the town so I can use the objects for interactions & not have to worry about wearing them out & using my hard earned coin to repair. What’s even better is if you have your sim take the other sim to a place where another playable sim is currently working. This way you can easily switch between the two to complete both events! (One of my sims has the Better Late Than Never story with her retired father, she took him out to the club while her brother in law was DJing. I just had a good time with that one :)
  • merribeemerribee Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you for the tips. I do have a question I haven’t seen addressed anywhere in forums. Is there any way to prevent “breakdown” of household items? Some are inexpensive to repair but one my beds is over 100 coins & everything seems break on regular basis. It’s frustrating to see your coins wasted after working so hard earn them! Thanks.
    One thing I am curious about @geekgirl101 .. why do quick shifts “reward more for your time”? If you select long shift & keep checking in to deplete energy is quick shift still more rewarding?
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2018
    One thing I am curious about @geekgirl101 .. why do quick shifts “reward more for your time”? If you select long shift & keep checking in to deplete energy is quick shift still more rewarding?

Because the reward structure is skewed towards quick shifts. A regular shift offers less than 4x the rewards of a quick shift but takes 4x as long. Similarly a long shift awards less than 8x a quick shift but takes 8x as long.
    If you can log in at least once every three hours, you will gain more for doing quick shifts. If you can log in more often, you will gain even more advantage from quick shifts.
    I only do quick shifts and quick practice sessions except at night when I am going to sleep. Then I start one sim on a special event and the rest on a long shift. When I wake up, I start everyone on quick shifts for the entire time I am awake. During work, I take a 3 minute break every hour to stand up, walk a little and restart my sims. When I’m not at work I set a timer for the 38 minuets or less it actually takes me to finish a quick shift.

You will earn coins,xp and career/hobby points much faster this way.
    edited May 2018
    Thanks a bunch for that detailed explanation! I work from home so I will definitely be using your strategy :)
  • ScarletAtlasScarletAtlas Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! This seems like a useful tip thread! Asking for a couple more please!
    1) Does a Headstart bonus item in inventory still give a boost? Trying to figure out If I should keep all three yoga mats out, or just need the end tier/Level 8 item.

2)Pretty sure of this one but wanted to confirm; you can only get the energy restore bonus from any one type of item. Eg only one lamp will give a boost to the bed , no matter how many you have, and there is no benefit to having a bathroom with 2-3 +1 toilets
    Hello! This seems like a useful tip thread! Asking for a couple more please!
    1) Does a Headstart bonus item in inventory still give a boost? Trying to figure out If I should keep all three yoga mats out, or just need the end tier/Level 8 item.

2)Pretty sure of this one but wanted to confirm; you can only get the energy restore bonus from any one type of item. Eg only one lamp will give a boost to the bed , no matter how many you have, and there is no benefit to having a bathroom with 2-3 +1 toilets

1) Doesn’t give a boost. May give more action choices.
    2) Correct, but it can be of benefit to have two separate bathrooms/bedrooms as you can’t use toilets, showers, bathtubs or have a child if there is another sim in the room and unfortunately, sometimes the npc sims seem to like to hang out to watch.
  • Wisconsin36Wisconsin36 Posts: 15 New Member
    wish we could sell items in our storage....
  • dakiduniadakidunia Posts: 2 New Member
    When we received fashion gem reward one a weak or a Mount?
  • dakiduniadakidunia Posts: 2 New Member
    dakidunia wrote: »

Each week
  • ViresseViresse Posts: 14 New Member
    These are great tips! I knew most of them but a few definitely not :smile:
  • FlanFlan Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks for the great tips!

I have been on lots of quick shifts for fast rewards. I noticed that my babies, toddlers, kids will age up without doing their special quest and end up with less than 3 stars. Is there a know anomaly about quick shifts and aging up family? I think the quick shifts make them retire sooner too. Right now I try to do more standard shifts when raising kids. I have had to move out few 2 star good upbringing adults before I realized the issue. You can see the star levels of the kids in your household by looking at the relationships on one of your playable sims. I am currently playing a 2 star good upbringing and he is noticeably slower than his 3 star cohorts.

~Flanuora lvl 29 Sims Mobile.
  • katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    > @BlueWizardRob @ScarletAtlas wrote:
    > 2)Pretty sure of this one but wanted to confirm; you can only get the energy restore bonus from any one type of item. Eg only one lamp will give a boost to the bed , no matter how many you have, and there is no benefit to having a bathroom with 2-3 +1 toilets
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > 2) Correct, but it can be of benefit to have two separate bathrooms/bedrooms as you can’t use toilets, showers, bathtubs or have a child if there is another sim in the room and unfortunately, sometimes the npc sims seem to like to hang out to watch.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wait! What??? So, if I understand correctly, I didn’t need to buy a SET of 2 Lamps for each Bed — OR 2 Towels and 2 Robes to give Energy Boosts for the Shower/Tub???
  • VapeeVixenVapeeVixen Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm stumped on relationships... I've done all that I can, can't find a way to do Tainted Love, The Fixer Upper, Better Late Than Never, Frenemies, More Than Friends With Benefits... don't have the sibling rivalry one either but assume have to have 2 kids... please help
    katzX3 wrote: »
    > @BlueWizardRob @ScarletAtlas wrote:
    > 2)Pretty sure of this one but wanted to confirm; you can only get the energy restore bonus from any one type of item. Eg only one lamp will give a boost to the bed , no matter how many you have, and there is no benefit to having a bathroom with 2-3 +1 toilets
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > 2) Correct, but it can be of benefit to have two separate bathrooms/bedrooms as you can’t use toilets, showers, bathtubs or have a child if there is another sim in the room and unfortunately, sometimes the npc sims seem to like to hang out to watch.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wait! What??? So, if I understand correctly, I didn’t need to buy a SET of 2 Lamps for each Bed — OR 2 Towels and 2 Robes to give Energy Boosts for the Shower/Tub???

That is correct. You only need one of anything to get the bonus. If is useful to have two bathrooms because frequently an NPC sim will stand in your bathroom and won't let you have enough privacy so that the game will let you use the toilet or shower or tub, bu the bonus is the same.

As far as I have been able to figure out there is currently no way to get the bonus above +6/+13/+20/+23 for the toilet/shower/tub/bed

and it doesn't seem to matter where the bonus items are. You can put the towel in the kitchen and the robe in the bedroom and it still works for the bonus.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    VapeeVixen wrote: »
    I'm stumped on relationships... I've done all that I can, can't find a way to do Tainted Love, The Fixer Upper, Better Late Than Never, Frenemies, More Than Friends With Benefits... don't have the sibling rivalry one either but assume have to have 2 kids... please help

I was just informed to unlock those you have to use flirty interactions. You need a sim who gets around town :p
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Is 3 star toilet really better than 2 star? I really like my bathroom and dont want to use my gold toilet/tub if I dont need to. Lol
  • NellesimsbossNellesimsboss Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey I have couples married, babies grown up and moved out ,my problem is room imptovement and the
    storage items csm they be sold been plsying sims for over 10 years its the bomb ,feell free to add me and share any idess
  • Angie40Angie40 Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for the tips
  • ArrynValeArrynVale Posts: 2 New Member
    Great post. I do (nearly) all of those already :wink: I can't find a way to create a new post on the forum so I apologise in advance for hijacking this thread lol. I have a facebook page where anyone can come n chat about The Sims Mobile if you want. I don't know if the link will publish or if it's against any rules so I won't risk putting it in here just now.. but if you search groups on facebook, it's called The Sims Mobile Chat Group. We (myself and my friend who created the page) would love to see you there! :smile:
  • BlkUnicornBlkUnicorn Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been searching and reading the threads, but I haven't seen anything regarding unlocking the surgeon and photography career paths. Are they in Waterfront? How do I unlock Waterfront?
  • cooldj210cooldj210 Posts: 29 Member
    BlkUnicorn wrote: »
    I've been searching and reading the threads, but I haven't seen anything regarding unlocking the surgeon and photography career paths. Are they in Waterfront? How do I unlock Waterfront?
    The surgeon and photography career is unlocked by getting their heirlooms. You can get heirlooms in the store and opening chests or by retiring sims. Right now 8/2/18 there is a quest to get the photography heirloom for players who didn't get the heirloom yet for 3 days.

The Waterfront is still not available to unlock at the moment for players and will open in the future.

Hope that cleared some things up about the careers :smile:
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member

Sorry I took so long to reply to this. As BlueWizardRob stated the rewards are higher with longer shifts but they take more time to do them which is why it's more beneficial to spam quick shifts for less rewards but faster completion as you'll get more rewards in the long run if you were to keep checking your phone every 45 mins. If you're not going to log into the game for a long time though (school/work/sleep) then it's better to select a longer shift.

• geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited August 2018
    ArrynVale wrote: »
    Great post. I do (nearly) all of those already :wink: I can't find a way to create a new post on the forum so I apologise in advance for hijacking this thread lol. I have a facebook page where anyone can come n chat about The Sims Mobile if you want. I don't know if the link will publish or if it's against any rules so I won't risk putting it in here just now.. but if you search groups on facebook, it's called The Sims Mobile Chat Group. We (myself and my friend who created the page) would love to see you there! :smile:

As far as I'm aware chat groups aren't against rules, it's like having a fan forum. I'd suggest though including a link to the official site and more emphasis that the group isn't endorsed by EA Games and any technical or account-based questions about The Sims Mobile should be posted on the official site, and any images, logos or other media bearing The Sims Mobile imagery are copyright EA Games. This should help prevent any confusion of new visitors thinking the group is owned or moderated by EA Games.