Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PreHistory Party Comp Results Page!

fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Here is where I post the results to Prehistory Party Challenges! We'll have all the judges comments and the banners posted here! It was just getting TOO NUTTY on the actual comp page! Hope you join us in some prehistory fun and friendship!

Let's try and keep the comments on the main page! But if some end up on this page too I ain't mad atcha!

Comments

• fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    THE LOST CITY OF ATLANTIS
    Guest Judge: @carolynrosser

Origin ID: @24Luna

Interior 10/10

comments:

My gosh, this build is just stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. I kept making notes about details that I loved: OMG, the bed surrounded by water! The use of the rectangular pool decals to create a complex floor pattern! The pops of bright color against all the white! The way you made that weird “Mini Glowing Pylon” light look like a glowing gem! Whatever strange and unnatural thing you did to that statue (the bottom picture in your Imgur gallery) look like a mermaid! Really, I just wish I could crawl through my screen and live there.

Exterior 10/10

comments:

I’m so impressed with how intricate and beautiful this all is, how densely detailed. It really does look like a city, which is hard to achieve on a single lot. I love the fountains and the statuary, the courtyards and ruins, the ponds and underground chambers, the Escher-esque complex of staircases. The landscaping is fabulous, and all of the turrets and towers of different heights work together beautifully. I can’t even imagine how long this must have taken you to build!

Creativity 10/10

comments:

I love the humor of the backstory, as well as your comment on the gallery entry about not losing the city again. And the entire city is beautifully imagined. Love, love, love.

TOTAL: 30

AWARDED: BEST DESTINATION: CITY OF DREAMS
    AKBCjk3.jpg

WATER GODDESS TEMPLE

Origin ID: @Haids1987

Interior 10/10

comments:

I think this is a really beautiful and impressive build, especially given that it’s your first challenge build! The worship hall is lovely—I love what you did with the tile and the candles. The simplicity of the humble herbalist’s and woodworker’s huts contrasts really nicely with the splendor of the temple and the worship spaces. I like the children’s area and the touches of wellness therapy—the sauna and the yoga area—add an extra layer to the way the Atlanteans worship the goddess. The gemstones, candles and wall hangings all work really well. The “bubble blower” terrace reminds me of various stories I’ve heard about ancient temples that made use of hallucinogens and other psychedelic substances/processes. :)

Exterior 10/10

comments:

I really like the way you’ve incorporated water into the build, creating essentially a city surrounded by water. The two levels of balconies are really cool. The landscaping is really pretty, and I like that there are some garden boxes—it adds to the idea that a couple of caretakers (the herbalist and the woodworker) live on the land and care for the grounds and the temple. And the entryway with the fountains and the statue and the rose-petal filled pool is gorgeous!

Creativity 10/10

comments:

Great backstory! I like that you’ve built art and music into the temple grounds, as well as a library to emphasize the importance of learning. I love all the different ways you’ve created for the Sims to worship their goddess!

AWARDED: OH MY GODDESS: BEST ORIGINAL THEOLOGY

HtuZ4fe.jpg

ATLANTEAN LIGHTHOUSE

Origin ID: @Ainsleyfr

Interior 10/10

comments:

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the idea of a lighthouse, and the way you’ve built it as its own little island. The interiors are beautiful—lovely use of tiles and mosaics and flowing draperies. I love the hidden gem cavern underground and the beautiful bathroom filled with rose petals. The sun-temple room is really col. And I’m certain that those are exactly the kind of toilets they used in Atlantis.

Exterior 10/10

comments:

The facade is just stunning! I love the architectural details you’ve chosen—the “modern artiste windows” work really well with the round lights to create a beautiful and timeless style (as well as being functional to make the building emit light). I like the ship at the loading dock, and the ruins on the edges of the property. I’m very impressed with the second-story walkways that lead from building to building. The gazebos and the patio garden are really pretty, and I love the “natural hot springs”. All in all, just an extraordinary build. (And your comments on the Imgur gallery are hilarious!)

Creativity 10/10

comments:

Great backstory! The solar-laser weapon is a great idea—really cool way to create technology that works for the time period. I’m just enchanted with the whole thing.

AWARDED: BEST PORT IN A STORM

jui8LcM.jpg

ATLANTIS DREAMS

Origin ID: @LeashaLoves

Interior 10/10

comments:

This is gorgeous, and it's especially impressive, given the space constraints you were under! The interior decor is spare, but it contains everything a single sim would need, and it’s totally believable as a single home from the lost city. And you get many bonus ways for the creative way you disguised the toilet!

Exterior 10/10

comments:

I like that you've built this as a ruin (mostly intact, but crumbling), and and that you found a way to make it look like it’s underwater, without actually being underwater. The use of space plants is ingenious—they give off such a lovely glow, and they add an air of mystery to the story. (What exactly was going on in Atlantis? What did they know that we don’t?) There are so many great details in the build—the candles in the cupolas, the use of those flaming gold trophies, the lovely entryway arch with the giant horses/donkeys. Lovely!

Creativity 10/10

comments:

I love that you built it in the abandoned mine! (I didn’t even know it was possible to build there.) And the idea that the water is starting to subside, revealing the buildings that have been hidden underwater is really awesome. Just a really cool idea and a really cool build, overall!

AWARDED: BEST SECRET HIDEAWAY

YT12jtO.jpg

A ROOM FOR XENA, PRINCESS OF ATLANTIS

by ssssimyalater

Interior 8/10

comments:

I think this is such a fun story and build! I really like the way you’ve set up the building, with Xena’s bedroom hidden away underneath ground-level. The decor is a little bit plain and bare, but I guess that’s how Xena’s father wants it to be! She has everything she needs to survive, but nothing extra. Still, if he loves her so much, I wonder if he might have taken a little bit more care with her surroundings. I wondered what she’s supposed to do all day—there’s no way for her to make art or music, no books for her to read. Nothing for her to do but get to know those burly bodyguards…

Exterior 9/10

comments:

The exterior of the building is lovely! I like the classical architecture, the white chess lights, the fountain and the statues and the columns. I have the same question as I did about the interior decor: couldn’t Xena’s father add a little more style to her home? There’s not much landscaping (which you mention in your notes)—maybe she can talk her dad into building her a garden with a high wall around it.

Creativity 10/10

comments:

I love the idea of an underground bed-chamber for a princess in seclusion! Her house/compound is beautiful and luxurious, but it’s also a prison.

I laughed at your comment about her handsome guards—maybe her dad hasn’t really thought this one through. I like to imagine that maybe she and the burly guards are planning a coup, and that soon it will be the king who finds himself in captivity…

TOTAL: 27

AWARDED:

BEST NOT-QUITE-A-WARRIOR PRINCESS
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/2CWjuim.jp@24Lunaa ***************************************************************** ATLANTIS STREET Origin ID: @Netxpre2 Interior 9/10 comments: This is a lovely build, and very evocative of an ancient city! I love the simplicity of the individual houses—they don’t need much, just the fulfillment of their basic needs, and there’s a sense that a lot of their daily activities take place in the communal spaces. I took off a point for the emptiness of the large building—I understand your explanation, but I would have loved to see a little more decor, to get a taste of how the Atlantean residents might have used the space. Exterior 10/10 comments: I love the canals and the little houses; it all works together to look like a little neighborhood. The main building reminds me of depictions of the biblical Tower of Babel. The stone looks great in both the exteriors and interiors. The outer walls of the lot and the main entryway are very pretty, and the landscaping looks really nice. I like the use of knights throughout the lot—I wasn’t sure whether they were supposed to be real people standing watch or just for decoration, but either way, they lend a nice ancient feel to the little city. Creativity 9/10 comments: A little more backstory might have been nice: what kind of lives do the citizens live here? How do they make their living and entertain themselves? But it’s a lovely neighborhood, and you’ve managed to create a real sense of community! TOTAL: 28 AWARDED: BEST ANCIENT NEIGHBORHOOD[/img]7bOQI6J.jpg
    @Carolynrosser AWARDED: Bestest friendly judge and unnoficial entry
    ay6JFJf.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks for the lovely review and reward banners and taking the time to check out all our builds in detail!! Yay!!!
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Awww, thank you so much, guise! :blush: I'm flattered! To be recognized in a group of such amazing builders is such a compliment! <3

Dude, I am 100% in accordance with @24Luna's win for Best Destination. Holy plumbbobs! Luna, I pored over your lot for a lot longer than I care to admit, it is so INCREDIBLE! :lol: I loved the way that you used the cracking decal on the temples and buildings, it really added to the effect of an ancient city. And all those staircases and outdoor gardens--yikes, must have taken forever! I am in awe of this build!

@fabtiffsim Is it possible to link to the lot in the results page? I know that we have links in the submission form, but perhaps linking the name of the lot in this thread would be helpful as well? Just a suggestion. ;)

I can't wait to participate in the next challenge! Building to a theme is just fun, whether you win or not. Looking forward to the next one!!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
    Prehistory Challenge #: 17 Hippiatroi

@folala
    The Hound Healer
    Interior - 10/10
    The view from the windows is super nice! I love that you can see the grass and the ocean. And I think you really did the best you could with the vet equipment, there really is no way around it, is there? It fits though, you've made it (more than) work, especially the little spiderwebs and wall decorations. It looks like an old barn! Just a dirty ol' barn!!! Just the way I like 'em!
    Exterior - 10/10
    The cutest little garden! And I loved the twig fence. The whole thing looks really medieval! @Rosemow is right, the pig's are super cute! It's really simple, but it would be, you know? I keep thinking to myself that I have to make some big elaborate build for my medieval stuff, but truth be told it would just be a shack with a straw roof wouldn't it?! I think this is super cute! My sims will bring their medieval (but still spoiled-rotten) pets to your medieval vet!
    Creativity 9.5/10
    I guess you don't technically tell me a story, but I enjoyed what you wrote about how you came up with the build! And you're the only person brave enough to try! So you still da best!
    Overall - 29.5/30
    AWARDED: BEST DIRTY OL' BARN
    5iyAfoR.jpg
    ********************************************************************************
    edited December 2017
    CHALLENGE NO. 18 Davey Jone's Locker

Origin ID: @carolynrosser
    Gallery Link: Davey Jone's Tavern
    Interior - 10/10
    I was going to give you a mark of 200/10 because that ship downstairs is way too much fun. Your description nailed it, upstairs is just a regular ol' tavern for thirsty sailors but downstairs is where all the insanity happens! I just loved the little jail cell haha more than I should, but I kinda like to see Sims tortured #messedup. That is also why I enjoyed the knives on the wall so much hahaha!! But the sunken ship with all the skeletons is the real genius of this build, and it just looks fantastic!
    Exterior - 10/10
    She's purrrrdy simple on the outside! I think that's the style of the time though. And I know that there is an "outdoorsy" part on the inside, where you spent all your time, and it's the most important part of this build, so I didn't feel the need to dock any marks. But doesn't leave a whole lot to comment on! Very nice toilet plants! ;) Also I'm loving the new world! It looks great doesn't it?! The docks really suited your build!
    Creativity 10/10
    Again, I'd love to give you 200/10 because I like the story you came up with so much! You made it a tavern! Cheapskate sailors DIE in the basement in a crazy ol' ghost ship, or a vampire tortures them... it's nutty. Wonderful job!
    TOTAL: 30/30
    AWARDED: AN EXTRA 200 POINTS
    GuSxMKr.png
    Origin ID: @Netxpre2 @Josieanglin
    Gallery link: Welcome home Davey Jones
    Interior 10/10
    The inside is just a scary as heck graveyard, which is super simple, but I think it's the point of your build, so I wasn't knockin' ya any points for that. It looks insanenly creepy! Like, you're just going there to die, you don't need a toilet! Great work!
    Exterior 10/10
    Aw yah, the first gallery pic is SO CREEPY! Great job setting a spooky mood right off the bat! The walkway with the lanterns made me pee a little, I didn't want to die a sailors death. But I'd super enjoy watching some Sims die that way!! #messedup I really enjoyed that it's a cave, it's a weird shipwreck in the middle of surburbia when you can see the next door neighbor house haha! Even more #messedup and that makes me like it more haha!
    Creativity 10/10
    I do usually enjoy reading more of a backstory, but you went straight for the actual lore of Davey Jone's and I appreciate that too! Your build was so spot on with that lore that you didn't need a story! I super enjoyed looking at your build!
    AWARDED: RIP SAILORS
    IQdPZg3.png
    Origin ID: @haids1987
    Gallery link: The Devil's Embrace
    Exterior 10/10
    The first pic you posted on the forum was perfect! The lighting was almost foggy, and it was just so dang creepy! I enjoyed how you divided the little graveyard, there were little ghosty neighborhoods with their own little fences. Each one gets their own subway and starbucks if it's anything like the city I live in ;) The lot you picked is perfect. You get a sense that it's old, it's isolated from where the village is, and it's happening in medieval times or somthing! Great job!
    Interior 10/10
    The creepy lab is cool! What happens down there, do they make zombies? Do they make vampires?! Oh dang it's good to read and see! It really gets the creative juices flowing and that's the whole point ain't it?! Great work!
    Creativity 10/10
    I hope when I die I get to be in the female-only graveyard like the pirates! No stinkin' boys near my final resting place! The little tomb for the married couple was ... sweet? Creepy and sweet. If I have to rip near a stinky boy I hope it's my stinky man-friend and we have a creepy/romantic tomb like this. I'm going to show him this build when he gets home from work! I'm so #messedup
    I love that you had a little story for each of the sections of the graveyard, that's an extra tasty nugget that I super appreciated!
    TOTAL:30/30
    AWARDED: MOST ROMANTIC TOMB
    RMIRTFx.png

#prehistoryparty
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Hahaha, thanks for your awesome comments, @fabtiffsim, and for the extra points! You're right that the exterior is nothing special; I'm always good at the "ideas" part of a build, but I'm still getting the hang of actually creating a whole building. In this case, I was lucky, since I wanted the pub to look very ordinary and unassuming from the outside. I only wish you could change the position of those Skelly Skeletons, to make them more useful!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
    Prehistory Challenge #: 19
    Gallery Link (if applicable:) Star Wars Special
    Link to pics: PICS
    Exterior 10/10
    This looks fantastic! You did SUCH a good job replicating the example I gave! What fun curvy roofs! And the outside basement is really cool too, (hilarious with the launch pad!) but the roofs were what was really cool for me! And the outside was quite simple, which I think is exactly like the photo I posted, there wasn't a whole lot of outside decorations on the walls so I think you did a very accurate job!
    Interior /10
    The big open windows would have such a nice view of the neighborhood! Inside the nursery there are some wall decals and I think they look like ancient wall drawings, and I really liked that! Little sneaky alien crib in there for the ancient descendants, love it! And any technology you have, you've put it in a secret room, which I think is fine for our purposes! It's telling stories and having fun, which I think you did a wonderful job of!
    Creativity 10/10
    I actually REALLY enjoyed your twist about the ancients descending from the sky! Ancient Alien Theorist is actually what I identify as when asked about my religion hahaha so this is straight up my alley! I think you took that and ran with it, making the futuristic medieval work for you, and I really enjoyed your build! If you had a hard time with it (like you mentioned in your post) I couldn't tell because I found your build very inspired and spot on for what I was looking for!
    AWARDED: STOLE MY RELIGION
    RpVe5n8.jpg
    ENTRY
    Origin Id: @Ainsleyf
    Exterior 10/10
    The ship is SO GOOD! It must have taken a long time, it's entered into the wrong round hahah!!! But awesome! The little dock, or village that it's next to, it looks really really good! Excellent job on the little shops and buildings!
    Interior 10/10
    The one lonely shot of inside the bar looks great! I love the barrel shelves! Since it's not an official entry I didn't steal any points from you! Just a fun build to look at! Extra points all around!
    Creativity 10/10
    I was going to dock you a point for being so uncreative (so much sarcasm) just kidding you knocked it out of the park! What a crazy/silly story you tell! Loved reading it, and thanks for sharing!!
    AWARDED: WRONG ROUND, STILL A WINNER
    5GRcrfP.jpg
    Love the banner!!! Thanks so much @fabtiffsim! Maybe I can milk it through another round (kidding)
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    You always have the best commentary, @fabtiffsim! :D Thank you for your sweet comments, I'm glad you liked my build! @Ainsleyf, I am 100% in agreement that you need to remodel your ship and use it for this next challenge. ;)

Until the next challenge, crew!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
    Prehistory Challenge #: 20
    Origin ID: @Ainsleyf
    Link to Pics
    Exterior - I love the direction you were going with this! As soon as I saw that big giant tree I was smitten! I'm super cuious about the inside! And I enjoyed Granite Falls in the background, I think it's appropriate with the big ol' tree, and I wish I could see more!
    AWARDED: BIG MAGICAL TREE
    wPoTLya.jpg

Origin ID: @folala
    Link to pics
    Exterior 10/10
    You really sank your teeth into the big mountain and rock spa idea, it looks really great! The rocks take FOREVER don't they? I love the lazy river too, (I can't remember who mentioned that on the forums, but it's stuck in my head now!) I want to float my way to relaxation. I really love the idea that the "mudpool" is different than the river, what a great idea! Great job on the outside bathtub and showers! I think that is pretty prehistoric of you, what a good idea. Evening yoga class looks magical.
    Interior 10/10
    Take a seat on this flat rock! I'm sure it's comfy as all heck. I enjoyed our little stroll through the corridors, it makes it like a journey to the steam room! And I'm happy to see the stone walls!
    Creativity 10/10
    Loved it! It was exactly what I was looking for! It's precisely what my little prehistoric cavemen sims need to get clean and relaxed after inventing the wheel or something!
    AWARDED: WHEEL INVENTING GOOD
    kuJLg0h.jpg
    Thanks @fabtiffsim I was so intrigued with the tunnel under the tree idea myself. NOW I'm coming up with ideas. Just a tad too late!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Thanks @fabtiffsim I was so intrigued with the tunnel under the tree idea myself. NOW I'm coming up with ideas. Just a tad too late!

As always, we'd love to see it! You're ENCOURAGED to post it after it's all done!
    ENTRY FORM
    Prehistory Challenge #: 21.
    Origin ID: @Netxpre2.
    Gallery Link: Forestmen Village
    Skill level: Experienced.
    Exterior 9.5/10
    I love the little huts! They're very rustic. The descriptions you give for the exterior are exactly what I was looking for! The forest men and women wouldn't have much more technology than this, so it's perfect! And still cozy and sweet! The little pond is very sweet as well. But I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for foliage! I would have loved to see even MORE trees and bushes and flowers in your forest!
    Interior 9.5/10
    It's hard to come up with any clutter or decorations because they wouldn't have any back in this era haha so this bare and quiet building is perfect for this challenge. Being restricted to the bare minimums for decorating can be really tricky, but you managed to come up with some nice looking stuff. I wish there was a clearer picture of the interior, but I really liked the wooden tables pushed together for a bed (I'm assuming??) it's super cute!
    Creativity 10/10
    Your explanation of the interior really helped build an image in my mind of the great tribe that could live here, and the way you perfectly described their food and herbs made me imagine the progression they could follow through civilization, which is the WHOLE point of this whole competition! So very nice work and thank you for participating in this round! Look forward to seeing more of your great work!
    TOTAL: 29/30
    AWARDED: HOME SWEET HUT
    8ckVHdS.jpg
    Prehistory Challenge #: 21
    Origin ID: @Kilra0
    Gallery Link (if applicable:) The Historic Village
    Skill level: whatever you think I am
    Exterior 10/10
    The posts and fence give a cozy first impression! So homey for such a restricted build! The posts are just a great and creative idea! And those little sheeps are just adorable! The beautiful flowers are the perfects decoration for a primitive gathering, and they are personally, some of my favorites! But I thought it was very clever to use the vegetable plants as decorations around the buildings... 2 birds one stone kind of thing! Good thinking!
    Interior 10/10
    I enjoyed the corridor leading to the sauna! Kind of spooky and mysterious... and steamy! And for some reason I'm a sucker for storage haha I love to see those big useless boxes and jars, sims can't interact with them, so it's absolutely pointless and for some reason I just grin seeing them used in a build! The interiors of all the little huts is just perfectly prehistoric but in a soft and luxurious way... your cavemen and women live better than any of mine! They would probably look down at my humble cave tribe...
    Creativity 9.5/10
    I like the description of how you came up with your idea for your build, and if it led you to coming up with the great tree/post rooms, then it's a success in my books! But I'm curious about the sims that would live there, and I kinda wish you had given me a little more to read. I'm sitting on my butt at home! Tell me a story!!
    TOTAL: 29.5/10
    AWARDED: PREHISTORIC SNOBBY
    uYDgCnW.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #: 21 caveman village
    Gallery Link: Sticks and Stones
    Skill level: experienced
    Exterior 10/10
    Aw yah! More sticks! What a great idea! And the grass roof really makes it look like a prehistoric hut, I just love it! I like that you used the brown sticks instead of the white/grey ones, like we saw in @Kilra0 's build, it looks great against the sandy landscape. The cave is super appropriate, and the llama corral made me laugh! Adding the different hut with the mud was a nice touch, it shakes everything up! The rocks really give the place some privacy, or in caveman terms, safety! Plus it can help block out the EA background and seem truly prehistoric!
    Interior 9.5/10
    LERVED the wall paintings! Great interpretation of that! And I LIKED the big pile of smelly fish haha but I would've allowed some jars of some kind for storage, especially since they have a tool making area! But it's only half a point, because maybe the smelly fish were meant to help the smelly cave smell!
    Creativity 10/10
    The story is hilarous. Survival of the fittest! Or the most sheltered!
    TOTAL:29.5/30
    AWARDED: LAST CAVEMAN STANDING
    afDmxHe.jpg
    Entry Form: Challenge no. 21
    Gallery: Tree House Village
    Skill level: Experienced
    Exterior 9/10
    I've always wanted to attempt one of those fancy tree house builds that I've seen around the internets, and I've never found a good enough reason to attempt it... I'm a slave to my storyline I guess... but I'm SO GLAD that you did because it looks amazing! I do think that there could be some other trees, or posts or something to help holding up the little huts, but I really dig that you got those windy stairs! The pendants were a great idea! I know that it can be pretty restrictive to find cavemen clutter, but I think the statue is just kind of sitting in the middle of nowhere, and it could have looked a little more cohesive with some kind of foliage or landscaping around it. It doesn't have to be a very neat and tidy garden (but it could be! There is a gardener!) or it could be a wild and free bunch of grasses and flowers? There would be wild and crazy plants everywhere, they didn't have lawn mowers yet!!
    Interior 9.5/10
    I liked the sneaky boulder on the stove! Little sneaks, that's how we keep this game primitive! But because they're so primitive, I hope they are careful with their indoor fire pit sitting right beside the very big and very alive tree right beside it!!! But good choices for windows and doors, I think that's the best we can work with when it comes to prehistoric EA stuff!
    Creativity 10/10
    I appreciate that you gave me some backstory on this interesting tribe! I'm a fan of trying to figure out how one era can move to the next era in a way thats fun and interesting to read, and I can tell you put some thought into it! Very inspiring!
    TOTAL:28.5/30
    AWARDED: LOOK UP LOOK WAY UP
    Of6uvZb.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @fabtiffsim thank you for your lovely critic and haha what a title I got! I thought they must have been a bit developed when they should be close to the Egyptians :D and I'll give my very best to deliver you a good story next time. It was a lot fun thank you :smiley:
    Prehistory challenge #22
    Origin Id: @Ainsleyfr
    LINK TO PICS: Underworld
    Exterior 10/10
    I'm sure I'm supposed to dock you a mark because those NPC players were walking all over the lava but Gosh Darn It I just can't because it was too funny to look at! I snorted out my morning coffee... It's so bright against the dark of the castle, it's really striking! I really liked the explanation behind the alien trees in the gardens. You're totally right, there's no sun, who knows what crazy foliage there could be!! And it's (again) really striking against the darkness of the castle-like building behind it! Loved the bridge!
    Interior 10/10
    I love the loom cc! I had it in my game but now I'm getting the error script message. Not sure, ran the sims studio fix thingy but I dunno... CC is a crazy risk that I'm addicted to! Speaking of CC, your kitchen is beautiful! That shot of the kitchen (the one where you talk about your Russian Grandparents) should be posted on tumblr or shared somewhere here on the forums because it looks so nicely styled! And I disagreed about the window in the sauna, I thought it looked PERFECTLY in place! I thought it was nice, who says this underground firey race of sims wouldn't have underground saunas with windows? For the shot of the living room with the ceiling beams? I wonder what it would have looked like if you had the beams crisscrossing across the roof? Just because it would match the "beams" in the wall paper. Just a thought! I didn't dock you any points for that!
    Creativity 10/10
    I would give you 10 just for the crazy lava idea! It's pretty cool to look at! Seeing your crazy Dark Angel sim was fun too! What a beautiful sim! And I'm also in love with that blacksmith set! It especially looks great in this build! Your styling and use of cc was very impressive in this build!
    TOTAL 30/30
    AWARDED: NEXT UNDERGROUND INDY HIT
    1HEDXPr.jpg

ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #: 22 underground city
    Origin ID:@folala
    Link to pics: Monticolis
    Exterior 10/10
    I can see why you'd run out of steam haha it must have taken SO LONG to place every single rock! But I don't even really see where you think you ran out of steam and started any slacking off, because (judging by the primitive outsides of the building) it's pretty ancient, and there wouldn't be alot of lavish decorations or fancy stuff. It would all be pretty simple and straight forward. So I think you've judged YOURSELF too harshly! But then I got further down into the basement and I saw the empty rooms haha but still, I don't think you have to do every single room, I think it's acceptable to have big "rooms" that aren't used where the rocks can over lap with the walls.
    The rocks look like they are "tiering" (real word fabtiffsim??) and it looks like a pyramid!
    Interior 9/10
    I only docked a point because after your comment about "losing steam" then I was looking for evidence of it haha when I found it, I totally thought you could leave alot of those rooms as just nothing. You could even do a wall of the arch doors and have the wall behind it as the nothing wall to hide all the rocks and stuff where they overlap the outside walls. You gave yourself away! You snitched on yourself!!
    Creativity 10/10
    I have always enjoyed a little history lesson with my sim builds, so I don't think you're boring at all! And I really liked the diagram that showed what each room is! I always enjoyed doing that for my own builds when I competed more often, so it was fun to look at yours! You have some great shops that are suited to the era that you are going for(especially that crazy doctor surgery area!), and it was fun to check it all out!
    TOTAL 29/30
    AWARDED: SNITCHES GET STITCHES
    5T3IJTn.jpg

Prehistory Challenge #: 13 Mount Olympus / 22 Underground City
    Origin ID: @PhantasmKiss
    Gallery Link: Mount Olympus
    Exterior 10/10
    If I judged you based on the criteria for BOTH challenges, you'd be getting 20! But math is not my strongest skill. In fact, it's like, minus somehow. So I couldn't figure out how to score that ;)
    It's so dreamy and big! It's so glorious and splendid! I love that parts look like they're floating, making me feel even more supernatural about it! The bushes that bordered around the edge break up all the white in the perfect way, my old lady eyes can see that there are multiple floors and the build looms up overhead at me!!
    Interior 10/10
    I wish I got a better look at the underwater bedroom! I wanted to see a little more of all the rooms inside, but what I did see, you had an awesome backstory for, it matched the era you were shooting for, and it was simple, matching and elegant. So I would never dream of docking a point for this magnificent build!
    Creativity 10/10
    I was enthralled with the description of everything, the mythology that you know is wonderful! I hope that you have somewhere in your life that you get to apply that knowledge outside of impressive sim builds! If you don't, oh well. It's working for you in this case! It was really really fun to read! And builders don't haven't really shared the lot traits in the past, and maybe they will now, because that was worth a little giggle and a head nod for sure! I believe you HAVE read some Greek Mythology!
    TOTAL 30/30
    AWARDED: GREEK GOD LOVE PARTY PIT
    v6cwMpI.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #: #23 enchanted forest
    Gallery Link (if applicable:) Smoky Glade
    Exterior 10/10
    The bridge is wonderful! I shared a pic on my twitter and you got like, SO many likes ;) You've chosen your foliage wisely, it's very fitting to an Enchanted forest, and I think the big blue mushrooms somehow enchanted your cute lil flamingo friends! I really enjoyed the lake shore, I would walk this path searching for the little waterfall and hopefully I wouldn't get lost in a maze of flamingo friends!
    Interior 10/10
    A dupe kitchen!!! Wonderful work!! It was so believable, and this story works PERFECTLY for our #prehistoryparty ! Way to use your noggin!
    Creativity 10/10
    I snorted right out loud when I read about the fairy dust powered lights!! Nice twist, you got me, I can't argue with your science.
    I totally enjoyed your twist on the kitchen, and made a "believable" and fun restaurant for some ancient sims! As believable as any of this sims stuff is! Great work! The exterior (which was the focus of this build) was magical, especially at night! Thanks for including those shots!
    AWARDED: BACKDOOR KITCHEN
    nxK84aF.jpg

Prehistory Challenge # 23 Enchanted Forest
    Gallery Link: Enchanted Forest
    Exterior 10/10
    It's really kinda 2 different lots! It's an enchanted forest-y woodland, and an enchanted garden in my opinion. And I'm the boss. I'd say it's supposed to be 3, the Wades, the vampire, and the plant people all live here right? Either way. I loved the rocks, the pond, and the garden! Great job!
    Interior 10/10
    The pics of their little home are perfect! They wouldn't have much as ancient sims! I really liked the shot on the gallery that showed that the vampire's home was a bunch of corridors through the rocks. It makes it very ancient, and scary! I wouldn't go in there. I'm a scaredy cat.
    Creativity 9.5/10
    Your story was great! I love when an entry involves a whole story about the sims that would use the build! I liked your pics about the story, and the only thing I can say is that I just wish I had some clearer pics of the layout of the lot. I'm just not smart enough to figure it all out on my own, I need a literal map of the build haha but I got the gist from the gallery pic! So I only dinged ya a half point!
    TOTAL:29.5/30
    AWARDED: WHAT LURKS IN THE WOODS
    nL2S6Cm.jpg

Unofficial Entry: # 23 Enchanted Forest
    Stinky Shrub Falls
    @Ainsleyf
    I love the shot of this build with the big ol' moon behind it! Great shot!! It's going to be a wonderful build, so I hope you share it when it's done! The pink trees are whimsical and I bet it smells like cookies as soon as you get away from the stinky shrub!
    AWARDED: STINKIEST WIP
    aKvQlOp.jpg
    Thanks so much for the fabulous Stinky award! My first (thank god!) SO..will be away and will miss this next one but look forward to seeing other people's creations when I get back!!! Thanks for the banner too! Definitely saving this one!! Might even make it my signature!

Challenge no. 24
    Prehistory Challenge #: Ancient Mayan Ball Pit
    Origin ID: @haids1987
    ORIGIN ID:Roman/Greycian/Mayan Gym
    LINK TO PICS: HERE
    10/10
    I liked your foliage! I think it would be growing just everywhere because there ain't no ancient lawn mowers. But if you don't like the foliage and maybe you are intentionally not putting on lots of flowers and bushes, that's a CHOICE you're making about your build. And I ain't here to knock that! Let your manicured lawn/freak flag fly! I guess most sim-builders are foliage crazy but not everyone has to be, and if this is your build with the most foliage, then I'd say that's just a style preference instead of a skill in need of encouraging. So you're nailing it! And you don't owe NO ONE any extra grass!
    Interior 10/10
    haha I laughed that there were two separate viewing areas for rich and poor! Tasty little treats like that help build the potential for story and I love that the most! The color of that plant is mesmerizing to me, I want a plant in real life with that same soft teal.
    And since this is kinda a room, I'll comment on the actual gym here, because it's inside the fortress walls! It's like an interior! I loved them fortress walls! It seems like where your soldiers would go to train! Super fun!
    Creativity 10/10
    I liked your toilet sass! Tellin' me ALL about them ancient toilets! Loved the history lesson! I also felt more informed of each room because of the MAP! I actually feel like I can find my way around a little better looking through the pictures! Nice work! But don't be afraid to tell me a story too!
    I liked when you included the pet training, and told me WHY! You're right, training your ancient goat is very important. ;)
    Map 5/5
    The map is my new favorite feature haha they are so fun for me!! Thanks for including it!
    TOTAL: 35/35
    AWARDED: BEST LAWN
    7WaoBBL.jpg
    Prehistory Challenge # 24 Ancient Mayan Ball Pit
    Gallery: Ancient Ball Pit
    Link to pics: A very nice story!
    Exterior 10/10
    You really nailed this, it looks JUST like the example I gave!! The little "pyramides" on the side are exact!
    Interior 10/10
    I'm counting the basketball court area as interior because it's in those big safe fortress walls! The level of detail you put into these courts is super fun with all the courts overlapping and the cow plants! It looks very green and lush, and it polished and fancied up what would be a cement room with chainlink fences in our times!
    Creativity 10/10
    Oh my glob I love that you included the player sheet! The amount of work you put into this wacky story is hilarious! I appreciate all your efforts and creativity!! Thanks for participating! I'm just tickled pink that you pretty much invented your own challenge and I think you should post it on the challenge page for other crazy simmers to try it!
    Map 5/5
    I LUHV that you labled the level of royalness you have to have to enter/use the facilities haha! Your map is fantastic! I'm so pleased with myself for coming up with this idea, now I get to look at everyone's fun map and it's just hilarious to me! Extra point to fabtiffsim!!
    AWARDED: TSN TOP PLAYS
    VcovcOc.jpg
    PS: I doubt that joke is even gonna land hahaha! It's a sports channel that my man companion watches, I don't even know if it's only in Canada or not hahaha! Take my word for it, I'm hilarious!
    Prehistory Challenge #:26 ancient Egyptian village
    Gallery Link Khetmenat Village
    Link to pics: here
    Exterior 10/10
    Very colorful! I imagine the villagers were colorful too! And Omg the little marketplace is so cute. The river and the stairs are so perfect. I can feel the cool breeze coming off the river to help relax the villagers. I also really liked the reclaimed farm area, I just really enjoyed the way it slowly faded from sand to grass. Most of the time you see a garden with a fence around it, which is always nice too, but this stood out to me as something that I thought would be accurate!
    Interior 10/10
    I like the simple furnishings. It's tricky because there wouldn't be very much in the old ancient days, but you still manage to make everything feel homey and cozy. The marketplace has lots of colors and looks vibrant. The people who lived here must have built beautiful pottery and used lots of fun colors too! The towel rack wall was a sneaky awesome idea! I would have never thought of it, but now that I've seen it, I just love it and want to steal it from you. Now I'm the most clever!
    Creativity 10/10
    The picture of the village that inspired your build is adorable, thanks for including that, because I really enjoyed seeing where you were coming from and it's a gorgeous little place! And if that's what you were going for, you nailed it down exactly!
    The family altar is for cats! It's a whole village for cats now!
    Map 5/5
    AWARDED: BEST CAT VILLAGE
    LFiQ5h7.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #: 26 - Ancient Egyptian Village
    Origin ID: @88th-BombGeek
    Forum ID: @maryjane2joe
    Gallery Link
    Link to Pics
    Exterior 10/10
    First of all, the pyramids are amazing! They looks so good, great job with those!! The right-side entrance is a great welcome for travellers! With the big pillar-like statues I was reminded of the scene in Lord of the Rings where they have to go through the two giant warrior statues. And then you find the sacred book area, which is so cool! You did a good job with the rocks and clutter, it really feels like sand dunes everywhere. Whatever you call that curvy structure is EXCELLENT!
    Interior 10/10
    THAT FISH IS SO SCARY. But the angel pool is SO NICE! I love the lady statues! The Banquet hall is so fancy! No sloppy Joe's for dinner here! Just big ol slimy fishes! Your choice of fancy wall is a good one! It makes it look very royal, this is the nice part of town clearly!
    Creativity 10/10
    Don't be afraid to tell us about the sims that live in your build! And I love seeing pictures of the sims you create to live there! Not required, just something that I enjoy reading about! But you more than made up for it with a deadly pool, tombs and hidden rooms with treasure! Some really great ideas!
    Map 5/5
    Lots of details! Great work!
    TOTAL 35/35
    AWARDED: CREEPIEST FISH
    qZm6X7n.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #26
    Origin ID: @LeashaLoves
    Gallery Link
    Exterior 10/10
    I love your grand entrance! The whole build looks...dusty. Which I think is accurate for ancient Egypt, and I like that you somehow nailed that aspect of the build! I think any more foliage would have taken away from this "dusty old desert" kind of feeling I get from the build so good choice!
    Interior 10/10
    The altar is beautiful! I like the color choice here. I really liked the hall where you could see all the levels, I think I stared at it trying to figure out how you did that, but just like ancient Egypt it remains a mystery to ol' Fabtiffsim!
    The throne room is so regal! Very elegant! And I really enjoyed your hidden tomb too, I've changed my Will to say that this is where I would like to be buried when I pass.
    Creativity 10/10
    I also wish we had farm animals. But I follow TheKalinotr0n who makes pets (with and without CC!) and they are GORGEOUS FARM ANIMALS! So you should check that out.
    And I (respectfully!) disagree about the empty decorating... it's ancient times, I think you got the big grand halls and walkways PERFECT! I don't think there would be a whole lot of clutter in this case. So don't be so hard on yourself! Plus you have the beautiful throne room with all the furnishings in there!
    Map 5/5 Good job on your map! Straight forward and gets the job done, but I'm super happy you included it!
    TOTAL 35/35
    AWARDED: DUSTIEST OLD DESERT
    WgP4Anb.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #:25
    Belomisia Base Camp (Gallery Link)
    link to pics
    Exterior 10/10
    The tree is impressive. This build really makes me miss the ability to color the roof, or the underside of the floor in this case haha! It would have looked great if it could be brown or wood or something... I wonder why EA did it that way? Either way... you've done MORE than the best you can with the situation! This tree is fabulous!
    Interior 10/10
    I really liked under the gazebo (for lack of a better term haha) where you built a little sitting area with a fire! It's like a room, but it's a treehouse room! The little bath was very sweet with all the little flower candles and the room divider. AND I liked the bucket toilet bathroom too haha after all, it has been renovated! I liked the way you decorated, very simplistic and simple, but cozy and warm!
    Creativity 10/10
    I really enjoyed that this is actually not prehistoric at all haha but you worked it into a story very nicely! "The integrity of the original village was maintained as a way to preserve and better understand Selvadoradian culture." - very smooth you little trickster you!!
    Map 5/5 I counted your 'map view' because there's really on the one building, so this totally works! ;)
    AWARDED: BEST ANCIENT EGYPT ALL AROUND
    bYYFbUS.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited April 2018
    @fabtiffsim !!Thank You!! This was truly a trying challenge and surely embarked towards a build at our skills.. although time consuming.. but fun.

Congrats to @Ainsleyf for the Best Ancient Egypt All Around!! I love your treehouse; it's awesome :)

Congrats to Everyone else... all the builds were remarkable!!

@rosemow Thank You!!... for having your challenge list updated with all the newest challenges.. I'd be lost without your info.. and building in the sims world has the ability to take our mind off things in the real world that tends to wear us down!!
    285JXDb.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #:28
    Origin ID:@FailureCloud @VagueNightmare
    Gallery Link
    Skill level: Expert
    Exterior 10/10
    Obviously, that big ol' colliseum kicks butt. What a fun addition to your build! I also really liked the arches you made for the entrance. What a fun idea and it has the perfect look for this era! Lots of big, wide open arches, and the right colors. Some very nice greenery (inside the build and outside!) It looks peaceful and shady. My sims wouldn't get too hot in the sun haha
    Interior 10/10
    The rooms all look very ancient, and are decorated perfectly for the era of the challenge. Seeing into the Coliseum was very cool! I loved the different floors, it was very wide open and you can see all the way down, which was really impressive! I'd love to sit in the nice chairs in my toga and watch a poor sim die! And I loved your sneaky toilet trick, I'm going to steal that from you FOR SURE! It looks great!
    Creativity 9/10
    Yah sick those big animals on the sucky performers!! Torturing sims is one of my fav past-times.
    I enjoyed your write up, it was very informative, and I could have a very clear picture in my head without even seeing the pictures. I know exactly what would happen here, and all the different paths a story could take. Very nice! Don't be afraid to make me up a little story with some sims to look at! But you gave me so much information that I could only steal one point away from you! You were competing against a competitor that wrote a whole story about their build in the form of a board game, so I did have to take the one away from you. But I did so with a heavy heart!
    Thanks for joining us! I thoroughly enjoyed looking through your build!!
    Map 5/5
    Beautiful! It's a big build and I was very happy to see it all laid out nicely in a map! Great work!
    TOTAL 34/35
    AWARDED: BEST/GRUESOME DEATH
    dzLxkvg.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge #:28
    Gallery Link - When in Rome
    Skill level: Purdy good!
    Interior 10/10
    Everything is very decadent. It's super fancy! And that makes sense if it's a home for a senator. The roman baths are soooo beautiful. I love how steamy it looks. And I liked that the walls were covered in flowers and vines even though they are kind of inside? haha It's almost a room I guess.
    I'll be "inhaling" that incense with the statue in the temple room! Whatever it is, it's probably some good stuff! It makes looking at your hidden stove/fridge even more entertaining! Great job on that cartoon stove, it's really wonderful!! And I really liked what you did with the flooring. It looks very grand!
    Exterior 10/10
    It's a very grand entrance! I love what you did with the roof, I'm not even sure how you decorated that, but I love me a good mystery. This build probably has some of the best "curb appeal" haha it's a real-estate agent's dream haha
    The only thing I was worried about were the roosters ;)
    Creativity 10/10
    Your board game story is outrageously funny. All the creativity points. All of them. Here you go, it's raining creativity points down on you! Makin' it rain!!
    Map 5/5
    Your map is very clear and well labeled! Even though it's just one building, I appreciate the maps! Thanks for including it!
    TOTAL 35/35
    AWARDED: BEST BOARD GAME NIGHT
    EgJFmjs.jpg
    ENTRY FORM:
    Prehistory Challenge # 28
    Origin ID: @Bolonkafrauchen
    gallery link
    Skill level: experienced
    Exterior 10/10
    Beautiful front entrance! You have some very spectacular landscaping going on - lots of colors, which I'm always a sucker for. I'm also a pretty big sucker for animals, and I LOVED your little chicken/rabbit area! The cute little ramp slayed me.
    Interior 10/10
    The choice to use tiles for the bedrooms and living rooms was a good one! It looks really nice. The arches, pillars, and big windows give it a very luxurius feel. The cool breeze could flow in and ruffle my silky greek hair and I love it. All of the different baths and pools are beautiful!
    Creativity 10/10
    A full-blown history lesson?! I love it! Great work, it must have taken a lot of research! You knew so much about every single room... I really enjoyed the ice cellar! The room was very cool, and so was the story behind it. You did so much work for this portion of the build, and it was super fun to read!
    Map 2/5
    I saw that you included a topview of the main floor, but it wasn't labeled like everyone else's. Sooooo I didn't feel like I could give you full points for the map considering everyone else gave me a full map. But it's a lovely build!
    TOTAL 32/35
    AWARDED: FAV HISTORY CLASS
    q3KRxU4.jpg
  • BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    Thank you so much for the critique. I only just learned to do topview, but I only found out how to label the ap yesterday night1 What a shame, I could have tied with the winner, but since everything else was 10/10, I am still proud of it.
    Congrats to @Ainsleyf for winning and everyone elses builds were amazing, too.
    vdeaSb2.jpg
    Thank you so much for the critique. I only just learned to do topview, but I only found out how to label the ap yesterday night1 What a shame, I could have tied with the winner, but since everything else was 10/10, I am still proud of it.
    Congrats to @Ainsleyf for winning and everyone elses builds were amazing, too.

You should 100% be proud of your build!! It was incredible and I had a lot of fun looking at your pics! Thanks for participating! I hope you had fun and consider sharing some more of your builds with us!
    Thanks so much @fabtiffsim!! What a lovely review!! You rock!! AND the next challenge sounds fun as all plum! Hoping to get some fantastic idea soon!!