Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Might Be Getting New Stairs

13...Next

Comments

• suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I would love to have landings to make different shapes of stairs. Can't vote though since I'm not on Twitter.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Im not joining twitter for this. Should have been a vote on the forum :D I would vote for L shape. Spiral stairs are not my thing.

Well if you want to communicate with the devs - the official Twitter and their own pages is about the only way to guarantee being heard now a days. They rarely post on the forums anymore. So I got tired of missing things they said and made the leap - whether I wanted to or not. It seems that posting on the forum is no longer the place to go if one wants to be heard or to vote on things unfortunately. But on the otherhand it keeps our comments small - as you can only post 140 characters - so it is easy to be seen and replied to. Often the Guru will reply even right on your own twitter page.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I'd love to see all variety of stairs really! But I voted spiral for my first pick. I think stair landings would be the best option overall for builds and stuff though.

Well the way I see it is getting one at a time beats getting none at all. So I can live with getting one at a time if that is the way they have to do things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited May 2018
    I like todays poll on SG Grants page on which Sim we'd like tweaked or added. I went with teens, but it was tough to choose for sure as I also liked the idea of tweaking "Widdle Babies". But teens are just so difficult to tell the difference of between them and YA's - especially in the Teen Runaway Challenge - and they are not allowed to click or talk to anyone but other teens and kids . My poor sim had nothing but kid age friends because I could never see at a glance who was teen and who was YA.

I like that challenge a lot - so I went with Teens - for now.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Eh, I would take his words with a grain of salt. Just during the last 24 hours he made comments about someone's idea about a beach-themed pack, he posted that there are meetings with an EP team every week, he talked about a terrain tool, about stairs and disabilities. All these things are probably possible, but how likely is it that all these things are hints?

They aren't hints. Just questions about build features that might be added to the game. I'm just posting so those who are interested can participate in the poll on his twitter. :)

@ehaught58

Thanks for the tag @simgirl1010 Unfortunately, my forum notifications are not working, so if I had not stumbled on this thread, I would have never seen your tag.

I wanted to participate in the poll, but I don’t have a Twitter account so it would not let me reply. I wish Gurus would communicate with us on the forums like they do all the other social media. :/
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited May 2018

I'm down for some spiral stairs. Even though I can't build I could download some builds with spiral stairs. By the way I voted for the spiral stairs on the poll.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like todays poll on SG Grants page on which Sim we'd like tweaked or added. I went with teens, but it was tough to choose for sure as I also liked the idea of tweaking "Widdle Babies". But teens are just so difficult to tell the difference of between them and YA's - especially in the Teen Runaway Challenge - and they are not allowed to click or talk to anyone but other teens and kids . My poor sim had nothing but kid age friends because I could never see at a glance who was teen and who was YA.

I like that challenge a lot - so I went with Teens - for now.

Yeah, it bugs me that when you select 'Meet Friends' for a school away action, Teens will still often meet kids - at least that happens to me and it makes them feel even less like their own age group.

I'm glad that builders aren't being ignored! Looking forward to whichever type of new staircase we might see next. :smile:
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    they had a brainstorm? we've had this brainstorm for 4 yrs lol
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I voted for stair landings. Much more versatile imo.
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'd buy a pack that was full of lots of different kinds of stairs and patios and ramps so I can build wheelchair assessable homes and stuff.
    Also roofs with built in Sky-lights :) or clear type roofs... or walls with openings.. such as... if I make a half wall.. the whole top part is gone and I can't hang curtains without a cheat that just might drop it back down when reloaded... so if some half walls still had a top portion... it'd be cool
    Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
  • HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    I have always Wanted Stairs That lead to the outside with A "Basement ( Cellar) door" ..... You know the Slanted one … I simulated one by adding A Roof Section to the Ground … But The Stairs I had to use were actually Shelves Hanging in Mid air & Staggered using MOO.

Landings Would Be AWESOME... But I'd still LOVE some Basement Doors...
    P.S. I'd also Love to have working Vacuum Cleaners.. please!!
    Everyone I know in RL has one... SMH Why has not been introduced yet in any of the games... Sure SIMs 3 has one you can ride like a broom but come on!! "Not Good enough old man" To Quote Addams family Movie. :smiley:
    edited May 2018
    I'm Not a Twitterer Either & I don't intend to be one that said if anyone agrees with me feel free to quote me there somehow Thanks!!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    HBSIMSTER wrote: »
    I have always Wanted Stairs That lead to the outside with A "Basement ( Cellar) door" ..... You know the Slanted one … I simulated one by adding A Roof Section to the Ground … But The Stairs I had to use were actually Shelves Hanging in Mid air & Staggered using MOO.

Everyone I know in RL has one... SMH Why has not been introduced yet in any of the games... Sure SIMs 3 has one you can ride like a broom but come on!! "Not Good enough old man" To Quote Addams family Movie. :smiley:

We have Roombas that came in Cats & Dogs.

You can create a basement door underground but it won't have those shelter doors you want. Just create a basement and add a area outside the basement without a ceiling. Add stairs going down to the basement wall and add a door. I've done this quite often in my builds.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I'd buy a pack that was full of lots of different kinds of stairs and patios and ramps so I can build wheelchair assessable homes and stuff.
    Also roofs with built in Sky-lights :) or clear type roofs... or walls with openings.. such as... if I make a half wall.. the whole top part is gone and I can't hang curtains without a cheat that just might drop it back down when reloaded... so if some half walls still had a top portion... it'd be cool

I would, too. Bring it on! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited May 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

We have Roombas that came in Cats & Dogs.

You can create a basement door underground but it won't have those shelter doors you want. Just create a basement and add a area outside the basement without a ceiling. Add stairs going down to the basement wall and add a door. I've done this quite often in my builds.

Roomba's ae cool & I'll admit I haven't played that 'EP" is it? I'm Still A SIMs 3 player/ builder mostly But SIMs 4 is stating to pull me in... :wink:
    But I think Other Vacuum cleaners would be more Realistic .. & Thanks @Dannydanbo for the info … IT seems I must Walk The SIMs 4 walk before I talk the talk LOL <3 HUGS!!

And I Have Built Basement entries like that In SIMs 3. I tried In SIMs 4 But found it difficult... Maybe I'll try it again … Still All those kind of entry ways won't have the Same appearance as the "Storm Cellar " Doors would as you stated! I STILL wish they would create one for appearance sake.
    Drop Down Attic Stairs Would be cool too For that matter But THAT I Think is an Impossible dream!! ;)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2018
    only one new type :o
    why am I not surprised anymore :#
    nearly 4 years since launch to :(
    pointless even voting.
    I have wanted all for nearly four years :s

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    I know that they're not "winning" the poll, however, I really hope that EA considers stair landings (platforms).

We already have modular stairs. If EA adds landings of varying heights that can be stretched and pulled like foundations, it would be possible to use the modular stairs to build L-shaped and U-shaped stairs on our own. That would free up EA to concentrate on creating spiral stairs and grand staircases. Those types of stairs require their own animations, players can't build those.

Yes, basements stairs would be very nice. They had a lot of those in the neighborhood that I grew up in. :)

Come to think of it, pull-down attic stairs have been a fave of mine as well. We have cc facsimiles, but actual attic stairs or a ladder would have been really nice to have, too.

Whatever we eventually receive, it's nice to know that the developers are thinking about the builders again. Terrain tools may even be a possibility. That's fantastic.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Drop Down Attic Stairs Would be cool too For that matter But THAT I Think is an Impossible dream!! ;)

I would love pop-down stairs. I could make a secret room in the attic that is only accessible through the kids closet and then they could play with a ghost child.

If we got ladders, you could put a ladder in a one tile square closet that goes up to the attic, too.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I would love pop-down stairs. I could make a secret room in the attic that is only accessible through the kids closet and then they could play with a ghost child.

If we got ladders, you could put a ladder in a one tile square closet that goes up to the attic, too.

Yup Ladders Would Work for that too,But I'm not sure if they would think to make it so you could use it for different heights of walls! Maybe be if they could program it like they do for the windows or doors with different heights.