Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring Back Create a Design

In the Sims3 Pets (not sure if in normal Sims 3) they used to have a tool called something like the create a design tool, Remember? I would love to have this back, wouldn't you?
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Colour Wheel thing? No thanks, unless they brought back with an option to turn it off too. I'm happy with lots of recolour options.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In S3 I had so many of my own made up colors and textures that it took forever to load that screen. I do miss it and hope that I wouldn't go off the deep end this time.

As I see it, the issue would be that if they gave us CAD, it would only work for things created after that point in the game. Meaning, stuff we have now couldn't be affected by a new CAD because the tech wasn't there for it when the old stuff was created. So, we would have half a game full of stuff that we couldn't fix in CAD and another half that we could. So, I don't see CAD being a thing.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    In S3 I had so many of my own made up colors and textures that it took forever to load that screen. I do miss it and hope that I wouldn't go off the deep end this time.

As I see it, the issue would be that if they gave us CAD, it would only work for things created after that point in the game. Meaning, stuff we have now couldn't be affected by a new CAD because the tech wasn't there for it when the old stuff was created. So, we would have half a game full of stuff that we couldn't fix in CAD and another half that we could. So, I don't see CAD being a thing.

Yeah that's true, can you imaging how crazy it would be with all the bugs that would create after ;D

• ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Give me the color wheel/CAD back!!! or at least let me pick the colors instead of having set swatches! I was just building a home and the kitchen is red and white, found the perfect chair but it only had red seating with a dark wood frame! So unhappy no I have ugly chairs in my kitchen that don't go at all! The person who thought up this color system needs to go back an rethink it! *cries*
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    Give me the color wheel/CAD back!!! or at least let me pick the colors instead of having set swatches! I was just building a home and the kitchen is red and white, found the perfect chair but it only had red seating with a dark wood frame! So unhappy no I have ugly chairs in my kitchen that don't go at all! The person who thought up this color system needs to go back an rethink it! *cries*

;D I agree

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    ManakoHime wrote: »

What if you could choose the seat color and wood color separately from a selection of swatches? It wouldn't be as free a system as CAD, but it also wouldn't cause the lag problem.
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    Personally, I hated the Create a Design tool. It took forever to load, and trying to create clothes and furnishings took way too long. I rather prefer the current system or downloading Custom Content if I really want a certain look. I don't miss the old way when it took almost a real life day to design a family and then their house before I could even play them.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Yes please. Absolutely must have! :smile:
    Sigma4life wrote: »
    Personally, I hated the Create a Design tool. It took forever to load, and trying to create clothes and furnishings took way too long. I rather prefer the current system or downloading Custom Content if I really want a certain look. I don't miss the old way when it took almost a real life day to design a family and then their house before I could even play them.

A) Not everyone has custom content
    B) That was your computer it worked perfectly on mine.

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    How well create a pattern/create a style works depends on your hardware. It's blazing fast on my computer. Even though I uninstalled Sims 3 already .
    Love the different opinions on this poll. :love:

• 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I would LOVE to have CASt back, or at least a Color Wheel. It would elminate copies with new color swaps/designs that seems to be recycled in packs. I used to love CC, but with each update comes the whole mess of sorting and reinstalling updated content, weeding out content that no longer works, etc..

It doesn't have to be as in-depth as TS3 CASt, but have the ability to change a sim's hair color, highlights, eye color, makeup, accessories, clothing, along with build and buy mode objects it would eliminate the need to find recolors.

If you have a low-running PC then have the option to only be able to change the color of CAS, Buy Mode objects using a color wheel. You can make your own color swap that would then drop-down in the color swap menu. If you have a medium-running PC you had the color swap customization option, as well as in-game color selection that would auto-change. And if you had a High-running PC you had all those options, along with a pattern choice/customization tool.

There's no poll. What poll are you referring to? Did you post in the wrong thread?

There's no poll. What poll are you referring to? Did you post in the wrong thread?

:joy: 2 meanings for poll. One being a question. One being a text (well as far as im aware of) Sorry for the misunderstanding :smile:

:joy: 2 meanings for poll. One being a question. One being a text (well as far as im aware of) Sorry for the misunderstanding :smile:

No problem. We now have the ability to create a POLL in the forums so I thought you were talking about an actual poll question that I missed.

No problem. We now have the ability to create a POLL in the forums so I thought you were talking about an actual poll question that I missed.

:joy: Sorry