Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

25 Day Male Create-A-Sim Challenge

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited May 2018
    @rosemow How do I upload the pictures?

Hello @MintieSimmer
    This link thread explains how to post the pictures.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1

You need to first upload them to a picture sharing site such as Imgur, then link the address of the pictures to the post in the thread.
    https://imgur.com/upload
  • MintieSimmerMintieSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    I'd appreciate if you check out my Tumblr!
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Umm.. does anyone know if depicting regular cigarettes and sims smoking or holding regular cigarettes is a violation or considered a "do not" do for this forum? I know we are a family oriented community, but a lot of people smoke so I wasn't sure if this would be counted as offensive or inappropriate for younger readers.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    kirivian wrote: »
    Umm.. does anyone know if depicting regular cigarettes and sims smoking or holding regular cigarettes is a violation or considered a "do not" do for this forum? I know we are a family oriented community, but a lot of people smoke so I wasn't sure if this would be counted as offensive or inappropriate for younger readers.

If you are unsure, perhaps the wise thing would be to not do. I look forward to seeing your next Sim. I'm so far behind in making my own. Keep up the great creative fun.
    @Rawla . You are probably right. I have been wondering if you had taken a hiatus or maybe even just given up. I have been on the verge of just walking away from it in the last few days myself, but then I say to myself, if it was easy - it wouldn't be a challenge. Then the OCD kicks in, and blah.. blah.. blah.. Here I am obsessing over my next guy. It's all fun. Thanks for the quick response - I am looking forward to your new sims!
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @kirivian - Thanks & you're welcome. I have not given up. Real life just got in the way for a bit and other distractions. I'll get caught up soon. I might do a few Sims in one sitting soon. I hope. :smiley:
    Day 9:Aspiring Artist - Hayashi Hideaki

Hideaki couldn't tell you the first time he opened his eyes and saw the world in shades and shapes instead of objects and functions. He was certainly very young. He couldn't count the times, he found himself in trouble for finger painting with the ketchup or dropping glass jars of preserves on the floor to see what patterns they would make with the broken glass. Coloring "in the lines" made no sense to him - his vision was never bordered by lines and boundaries, and consequently he decided he would not be either. Although this led to incredibly "creative" solutions for getting what he needed to get done completed, it didn't do anything for his reputation or his social life. His out of the box thinking and disregard for conventional solutions to everyday conflicts led him into quite a bit of trouble. Shoplifting, vandalism, and experimenting with body art were all par for his course. By the time he was a teen, he was shunned by most other kids his age and had gotten himself into quite a bit of trouble with local authorities (both at home and in the community). Other sims just couldn't understand him, but he knew he could find a way to express himself to them, show them the world as he saw it and so the artist was born.

His art, like his world is largely influenced by expressionism and abstraction, although he does love all forms and schools of art. The world as he "paints" it is color and motion which make up the subjects and predicates of his dialogues. A true lover of art, he perceives the art of others as part of an ongoing "conversation" that he engages in whenever he creates something worthy to bring into the "discussion". Today, Hideaki struggles with conventional relationships and lacks the discipline to hold a proper job for any length of time. He only feels completely comfortable when he is indulging in his artistic pursuits and often forgets to do things like feed himself or sleep with any regularity. Rules, like molds, are meant to be broken, and personal safety is certainly second in importance to the pursuit of beauty and self-expression. Always reaching for the meaning that is just beyond the tangible world, Hideaki is the quintessential aspiring artist.
    ZbF2fZy.jpg
    Skin, Eyebrows and Body Hair -S-club Eyes -Chikkadi Sims Eyelashes -Kijiko Freckles, Skin Detail and Eyeshadow -RemusSirion Chest Tattoo, Finger Tattoos, Facial Hair and Earrings -Praline Sims Right Arm Tattoo -Hxt Left Arm Tattoo -Quirky Kyimu Back Tattoo -Reevaly Hair -Anto Body Hair -Luumia Necklace -Real Life Has No Appeal (simminglena) Eyeliner, Lips and Facemask -Mochi029 (site closed) Wrist Bandana -Princess Paranoia
    vjFdEQc.jpg
    Everyday Top -Black-le Everyday Pants, Everyday and Party Shoes and Athletic Shirt -Studio K Creation Swim Trunks -Seze Swim Shoes -Mauvemorn
    KDo8McS.jpg
    Middle Pose -Princess Paranoia Other images are in-game candids.
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited May 2018
    Day 3: Gamer
    Name: Ricky Young
    Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
    Trait: Lazy
    Backstory: Ricky Young was addicted to Video Games. Every second he wasn't busy with his homework, which he hated, he was in his room playing on his computer. He never did his chores and always had mismatching socks because he could never find 2 socks that were the same. He didn't care. His mom decided to set his black socks and shoes aside specifically for his Formal and Party Outfits so that he would have something nice to wear. He had absolutely no say on his suit. He had some say over his Party Outfit, but he had to wear his black socks and shoes. The only time he wore his Athletic Outfit was when he was required to in gym class. Thus, his Athletic Outfit is his gym uniform. He rarely went swimming either, only when his mom forced him out of the house to go to the local pool.
    Pictures:
    Everyday Outfit-
    oq3yXh6.png
    Formal Outfit-
    iL68x7p.png
    Athletic Outfit-
    AP2cKX8.png
    Sleep Outfit-
    5kBnUXB.png
    Party Outfit-
    nyI6vzf.png
    Swimming Outfit-
    7t4VMoq.png
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    You have put so much work into writing the background details of Hayashi ! @kirivian :) You have, through your very creatively and thoughtfully written words, given us a deep insight into how he views the world and the way that reflects then in how he lives out his life. His appearance is reflective of his background details and looks great! It looks very nice the hairstyle that you have chosen for him. His tattoos are an artistic reflection of who he is.
    Ricky is a great “ rambunctious scamp” ! @TheRoseHorse :) His mismatched socks as he can never find the same socks is great! He is too busy wanting to play video games, to try to find pairs of socks! It is good that his mother has helped him to have matching socks though for his formal and party wear outfits. He looks very smart in his black formalwear suit! It was great reading about each of his clothing outfits :)
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Ricky is a great “ rambunctious scamp” ! @TheRoseHorse :) His mismatched socks as he can never find the same socks is great! He is too busy wanting to play video games, to try to find pairs of socks! It is good that his mother has helped him to have matching socks though for his formal and party wear outfits. He looks very smart in his black formalwear suit! It was great reading about each of his clothing outfits :)

Thanks. I may not be able to to any the next few day because I have exams this week.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    rosemow wrote: »

Thanks. I may not be able to to any the next few day because I have exams this week.

I hope that your exams go very well @TheRoseHorse :)
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2018
    (I realize I'm kinda going out of order but oh well)
    Day 21 - Perfect Family Man

I never realized what I had until it was gone.
    f1.png
    Our lengthy chats and hearty laughs at the crack of dawn.
    f2.png
    Though miles away, I keep you close in my loving heart.
    No mountain, river, valley, or hill can make us fall apart.
    f3.png
    For weeks, I cried sorrowfully - longing for you here
    For weeks, I waited for your presence - inching near and near.
    f4.png
    f5.png
    And when you leave us once again know I'm you're biggest fan.
    I love you very much, Dad - the perfect family man.
    f6.png
    Your post is so very special! @CrownSims <3 It is done very thoughtfully and is very touching. You have taken and posted the pictures, and written the accompanying words, so very beautifully. The last picture of the family together is especially very lovely <3
    @rosemow Thank you so much! Two days ago was Armed Forces Day in America so I decided to honor the people who put their lives on the line for us <3
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @CrownSims you did a great job with that. i grew up in a military family, later joined myself. that post hit me pretty hard, in a good way.
    edited May 2018
    @rosemow thanks for the feedback and compliments :)

@CrownSims This post really moved me. My father was military as well and spent quite some time overseas. I think your family is beautiful and your narrative captures real sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing and for honoring our guys in uniform. <3
    @kalaksed @kirivian Thank you both so much :) These comments mean a lot to me and it's touching to see people from actual military families appreciate it <3
    edited May 2018
    Day 10: Hopeless Romantic - Christian Webber

Would you die for love? So often in his short life Christian really thought he might. Each time he met someone new, he felt that lump in his throat, butterflies in his stomach, the catching of his breath and that dizziness that almost made him swoon. So many times, he gambled at love and lost, putting more into his relationships than he ever got out of them. And then he met Caleb.

Caleb was everything he ever dreamed of in a lover. He was old-fashioned (antediluvian even), chivalrous, witty and romantic. From the day they met, they spent their time lost in poetry, flowers, chocolates and the sweet whispers shared only by sims who are truly in love. And then it was over. As quickly as Caleb had come into his life, he was gone. He’d left no way to find him, only a short letter saying that he loved Christian too much to ask him to leave behind everything else he held dear for the sake of their love.

At first, Christian did not understand. He was heartbroken and for the first time in his life, he thought that perhaps love was not a good thing at all. But Christian was not about to give up on love, not this time. He spent months ghosting Caleb’s favorite haunts, his old house and even tracked down his sister, and tried to talk to her. It took almost a year for him to find Caleb and when he finally did, everything started to fall into place for he discovered that Caleb was no longer truly alive. In his fantasies, Christian had wondered what it would be like to have a powerful, immortal lover, but when those fantasies manifested themselves in his actual world he failed to recognize them. For Caleb was in fact a vampire.

He went to Caleb and professed his love, praying all the while that everything they had shared had not been a fleeting dream, and for once his prayers were answered and he and Caleb were re-united. Would you die for love? Perhaps the question is best left to the true romantics of the world, but Christian felt no hesitation, and he and Caleb are finally eternally united in death.
    ralQQbr.jpg
    vifAilE.jpg
    Skin, Eyebrows and Body Hair -S-club Nosemask and Freckles -RemusSirion Eyes -Chikkadi Eyelashes -Kijiko Eyeshadow -Ephemera Eyeliner and Lips -Mochi029 (site closed) Earrings and Rings -Praline Sims Choker -SAC Body Hair -Luumia Everyday Shirt and Party Pants -McLayne Sims Everyday Pants -Olesims Formal Top -Birba32 Formal Shoes -Varden-Golzen Athletic Shirt, Athletic Pants, Swim Trunks and Sleep Shirt -Simsational Designs
    4z0VP0q.jpg
    UF6Hjy5.jpg
    Poses by -Princess Paranoia(Beverly Allit Sims), Rethdis-Love(Howondaland) and An Accidental Simblr
    Post edited by kirivian on
    You have captured the theme of the day very well in the background details of what you have written about Christian @kirivian . He does sound like he is a hopeless romantic. The hearts and crosses patterned top and the hearts patterned shorts are great clothing items to reflect the theme.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Awesome! I definitely need more practice creating males. Can't wait to get started on this. :)
    @rosemow thanks for the feedback on Christian. Some days it feels like your encouragement alone keeps me going on this challenge (although I am having a weird amount of fun with it :)). I was worried about using such a well-know sim in the narrative, but I really didn't want to make up a second vampire of my own, and Caleb is beyond doubt the most recognized vampire in the Sims 4 world so... On the bright side, within the new save that I have created for this challenge - Caleb has found love :). Keepin' it real! (Err...I mean - keepin' it made-up!)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Here's Matthew Wright (#16, Mr Right) (I'm not doing it in order)
    Traits: Active, Goofball, Family Oriented
    3uN4Evw.png
    ULGpcGR.png
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top