Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Oh my gosh sweetie! Amazing and beautiful over the top detail and landscaping! I'm in love!

@BreeMiles , awe, thank you so much Bree! Glad you like! :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

@Sandraelle , Bellerive Estate is amazing! A very good work, dear <3:smiley:
  • Simlena528Simlena528 Posts: 199 Member
    @Sandraelle, Bellerive Estate is gorgeous! Your builds are never disappointing. I'm downloading to check it out :)
    Simlena528 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, Bellerive Estate is gorgeous! Your builds are never disappointing. I'm downloading to check it out :)

@Simlena528 , thank you so much, I hope you enjoy it.
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle , Bellerive Estate is amazing! A very good work, dear <3:smiley:

@AIRIS6962 , I'm glad you think so and thanks for stopping by and hope all is well with you. Hugs. :)
    edited April 2018
    ISLANDS OF THE SUN RESORT, 4/29/18
    40x40 commerical lot
    1 Alto Road in Isla Paradiso

(I started building this resort many months ago, but was busy doing DNA request builds, but I finally took the time to finish it up, yay!)

Islands of the Sun is a small 3-story modern luxury resort and is situated on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Accommodations are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors with open deck walkways that overlook the open air atrium style lobby and down below to the pool area. There are resort towers with room service in the basement and 8 luxurious VIP rooms (4 with ocean views and 4 with garden views) that can accommodate up to 84 guests.
    krPXDSYl.jpg
    eOVNmS6l.jpg

Our VIP suites have a tropical decor with a modern flare, each with a different color scheme and named after a Caribbean island. They are perfect for couples as they are very romantic, beautiful and luxurious. Each room has the same floor plan with a private bathroom, a fireplace, an in-room hot tub, a hot beverage maker, a mini fridge and a private balcony.

Take a peek at our ocean view rooms:
    atDi9ngl.jpg
    tvwRELyl.jpg
    YluugL2l.jpg
    HJaOr9fl.jpg
    x5SGq3Il.jpg
    BcTdenxl.jpg
    fSQm6JDl.jpg
    o5ry3oGl.jpg
    sCyFsQNl.jpg

And these are our garden view rooms:
    ijxCzf7l.jpg
    Ne1ym9el.jpg
    JbN6hGpl.jpg
    yzrFFVVl.jpg
    AgXdnlkl.jpg
    xZiQ2Pzl.jpg
    YgYRGXol.jpg
    aIYLT6ol.jpg
    xvxWOJWl.jpg

5w0Zhjhl.jpg

When not secluded in their rooms, our guests can work out in our small gym, get a relaxing massage, or bask in our exhilarating sauna.
    GvX1B9ml.jpg

Be sure to spend some time in our refreshing pool and swim up to the bar for a drink or just relax in our lounge chairs. For your convenience we have a food stand and a bar on the patio and bathrooms conveniently located adjacent to the pool patio.
    YeKejpYl.jpg

We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in our buffet restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.
    BtXFzR5l.jpg

At night, dance the night away in our colorful dance club.
    4t7Khdkl.jpg

Other activities on our property are two fire walk pits, a horseshoe court, a golf driving range, an outdoor game patio and two outdoor hot tubs.
    7BENFAcl.jpg

Our pool is chlorinated, our hot tubs are heated to "hot" and we have hired the best staff to keep the premises clean and beautiful. You won't regret staying here so get packing your bags.

Our resort at night . . . sweet dreams!
    LofH8AUl.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Islands in the Sun Resort is a very creatively designed ,built and furnished modern resort! :) The layout of the resort looks very great! It is a special touch that each suite is named after an Island. The colour schemes of the suites look very nice! The design of the pool deck looks great! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, having a drink from the pool bar or enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers. The floor patterning in the front desk lobby area looks very nice ! The sculpture is a very nice touch there. Each of the areas of the resort looks so very nice! It looks a very relaxing island themed resort for sims to enjoy staying in! :)
    edited April 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Islands in the Sun Resort is a very creatively designed ,built and furnished modern resort! :) The layout of the resort looks very great! It is a special touch that each suite is named after an Island. The colour schemes of the suites look very nice! The design of the pool deck looks great! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, having a drink from the pool bar or enjoy relaxing poolside on the loungers. The floor patterning in the front desk lobby area looks very nice ! The sculpture is a very nice touch there. Each of the areas of the resort looks so very nice! It looks a very relaxing island themed resort for sims to enjoy staying in! :)

@rosemow, hehe, you snuck in with a comment before I was finished with my post, but it was a large post, lol. Thanks so much for always making a point to comment on our threads, I really appreciate the support and such nice comments. Hugs! :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Yay kudos on finishing your resort. It looks fantastic. As usual you’ve created such cool patterns for the decor. I especially love the vibrant colours in the ocean suites. I like how you have that central open space. Everything a sim could need and more. This lot makes me want to go back on vacs. Well done! Off to rec now :smiley:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sandraelle

first of all if this post shows up somewhere else apologies as I already wrote a post which I thought was on this thread and it has disappeared for some reason :)

I love your resort I am already very familiar with your legendary resort making skills :) I like the way you have made the pool the central area which can probably be seen from most vantage points on the lot. I love that the rooms have hot tubs and decking areas to sit which gives a luxury exclusive feel about it. There is also plenty to do which is a must for vacationing sims and the lot size is perfect for worlds other than IP where I personally don't want to place larger resorts, downloaded and rec :)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Islands of the Sun looks amazing, I love all the natural materials on the exterior, and the cheery beach colors on the rooms (The Bora Bora is my favorite but I love the bold colors of the Fiji room too). It's great how you can see the pool area from the balconies on any level, the tropical themed bar area is a fun touch and you've included so many activities. I can't believe you fit so much on a 40x40 lot. I love how you were able to use the big open windows but it doesn't feel boxy at all.
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Yay kudos on finishing your resort. It looks fantastic. As usual you’ve created such cool patterns for the decor. I especially love the vibrant colours in the ocean suites. I like how you have that central open space. Everything a sim could need and more. This lot makes me want to go back on vacs. Well done! Off to rec now :smiley:

@soocoolsim , thanks Paula! And thanks for the naming suggestion, hehe.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle

first of all if this post shows up somewhere else apologies as I already wrote a post which I thought was on this thread and it has disappeared for some reason :)

I love your resort I am already very familiar with your legendary resort making skills :) I like the way you have made the pool the central area which can probably be seen from most vantage points on the lot. I love that the rooms have hot tubs and decking areas to sit which gives a luxury exclusive feel about it. There is also plenty to do which is a must for vacationing sims and the lot size is perfect for worlds other than IP where I personally don't want to place larger resorts, downloaded and rec :)

@SPARKY1922 , Oh no, wonder where your post went? lol Thank you so much on your lovely comments. Yeah I had to find a way to fit in a pool on that size lot so had to design it that way. The pool is pretty small for a resort, which may be why I could only get it up to a 4.5 star resort, lol. I'm glad that you think there is a lot to do since I was limited on sapce. Thanks again for your rec and for stopping by. :)
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Islands of the Sun looks amazing, I love all the natural materials on the exterior, and the cheery beach colors on the rooms (The Bora Bora is my favorite but I love the bold colors of the Fiji room too). It's great how you can see the pool area from the balconies on any level, the tropical themed bar area is a fun touch and you've included so many activities. I can't believe you fit so much on a 40x40 lot. I love how you were able to use the big open windows but it doesn't feel boxy at all.

@Jessabeans, thanks so much for visiting and for your nice comments on the resort. I think the Bora Bora was my favorite room too and was the first room I decorated. I was going to do all the rooms in that style and then decided to make them all different. Thanks again!
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    You do such Fabulous resorts! So colorful and I love how you named all of the rooms! Sign me up for the St.Lucia! Please! The in room hot tubs is an awesome idea! I've never done a resort and after seeing all of yours I'd be afraid too! LOL
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Wow Sandra! Split Cohesion is such a Awesome creation! What a tough request to fill. Not sure I would have been able to do it but your build is gorgeous! Each personality is wonderfully done.
    I love the picture stepping out of the gothic half into the oh-so-light kitchen. As pretty as the gothic side is, I'm happy to see the nursery on the modern side, lol :p I Love the soft delicate colors and decor for this adorable room!

Bellerive Estate is a Fabulous recreation of the original! Such an enormous build! It's a gorgeous and elegant home done to perfection. Each and every room is so beautiful! Especially love the fun wall paper and rug in the laundry room. Makes a not so fun chore, a little more tolerable. :D

Yay for finding some time to finish your Awesome Resort! :smiley: Such a Beautiful place to go for a nice relaxing vacation. Love all the amenities your resort has to offer in such Gorgeous surroundings. Cool idea for having different rooms dedicated to different islands! I honestly can't pick a favorite from any of these... they are all equally tranquil and Beautiful! :blush:

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    BELLERIVE ESTATE looks amazing! You've outdone your self!
    ISLANDS OF THE SUN RESORT is simply stunning!

illusie wrote: »
    BELLERIVE ESTATE looks amazing! You've outdone your self!
    ISLANDS OF THE SUN RESORT is simply stunning!

Aww, thank you so much @illusie!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

ISLANDS OF THE SUN RESORT is just amazing, dear Sandy! You made a wonderful work with it! <3
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    ISLANDS OF THE SUN RESORT is just amazing, dear Sandy! You made a wonderful work with it! <3

@AIRIS6962 Thank you so much Inma! So good to see you around. Hugs! :)
    HGTV SMART HOME 2018, 05/19/18
    Built on a 40x40 lot
    8 Alder St, Hidden Springs

EXCHANGE DOWNLOAD

PICTURE ALBUM

I happen to watch a lot of HGTV (one of my guilty pleasures, lol), and as soon as I saw this home I wanted to build a Sims version of it, but hadn't gotten around to it. But recently I saw a friend of mine's Sims 4 version (@WrathofCath) which inspired me to finally build it.

This house has a lot of clutter!! In fact, some of it I would have never put together (like some color combinations/patterns, etc), or used certain decor items (like a skull above the master bed, or the weird texture on the fireplace), LOL. So I couldn't bring myself to put some of these items in the home, so I changed things in a few places, but tried to decorate it as closely as I could with what the game had to offer and it's limitations. One problem I ran into was that some of my rooms didn't seem to be as large as the real home so I felt like things got a little cramped (like I had no room to put in a treadmill in the master, and the chairs didn't fit in front of the bed so I had to put them in front of the window instead). Also, I probably should have put it on a bigger lot as there wasn't as much yard space either. Oh well.

It has an open concept on the main floor with patio doors going out to an enclosed screened porch, with an additional dining area and more seating. The master suite, laundry room, powder room and mud room are also on this floor. Upstairs is a "flex" space with a reading area and desk, along with a teen bedroom and a guest bedroom, both of which have an attached bath.

Here's a link to the actual smart home which was built somewhere in North Carolina, if you want to take a look: https://www.hgtv.com/design/hgtv-smart-home/2018/galleries. (I also included some pictures of the real house in my picture album, for comparison.)

DUq7xpul.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Here's just a taste of the interior . . .
    dViLuqGl.jpg

EyZYQjVl.jpg

CbelES4l.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    HGTV SMART HOME 2018 is a very nice sims 3 version of the home! :) You have reflected it so very well! The exterior, the outdoors areas and the design, layout and furnishing of each of the rooms of the interior look just like the original inspiration home! You have done it so well! It is great that we now can enjoy having our sims living in your sims 3 version and Cath’s Sims 4 version of the home! It was great to see the photos of the original home and then photos of your own version. Your home is very nice! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    O yay!!! It's here! It looks Fabulous! Going to download and check it out in game cause I already know of one fabric recolor I am stealing! :p Great pillows on the beds too! Not really fond of that dirt yard but you have recreated it Beautifully! :mrgreen:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Ditto to everything Rox said. You nailed this Sandy! You're sure right about the clutter and you certainly put in a lot of work to capture all the details. Well done! Off to rec and download :D
  • Simlena528Simlena528 Posts: 199 Member
    Wow you did an amazing job on this house! I have the one @WrathofCath did for ts4 in my game and now I'm going to add yours into my game. The detail and dedication you put into your builds are phenomena. I love it!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top