Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile Feedback - Suggestions for Improvements

Hello! I have compiled a few suggestions that my friend and I have about the Sims Mobile app. The game is overall very entertaining, however there are certain aspects about the game that we feel could be improved. This is basically reiterating what I wrote in a separate post, which I will quote my comment below and add on to it more comments that my friend and/or I have. There are also glitches that we have noticed that we felt we should mention.

Suggestions:
ayyitsmell wrote: »
I finally decided to download the app so I just recently started playing Sims 4 Mobile. So, my suggestions are more like first impressions as I haven't played enough to experience or notice some of the things you might have. In my opinion, I noticed its fairly easy to lose energy and money but almost impossible to gain it back quickly, at least as a new player.
  • The option to sell furniture. This has probably been mentioned already but I would like to have the ability to sell furniture/home items so that I could quickly make some extra money back. It could also help to clear the inventory of unwanted items that no longer match the aesthetic of the home, like old windows and counters.
  • Basic Interactions. I think we should be able to have interactions always available to us (like "Get to Know", "Intertwine fingers", "Kiss", "Break Up", "Ask to Just Be Friends", etc). I would like to be able to do certain interactions for my sims, maybe unlock the actions depending on their story or friendship level. For example, it was weird that I was not able to have my sims kiss until the propose event (even though I would make my sims flirt and chat all the time before the event) but they were able to woohoo whenever they finally got a double bed. The kiss option only showed up maybe once or twice during that entire event. Don't know if I have to raise their friendship level for that option to be available always, but once the event ended, I can't find it anymore.
  • More energy options. I like being able to interact with other sims, however my sims are constantly running out of energy quickly during events like dates, parties, or work events so maybe giving the sims a few more options to gain energy back, maybe by eating snacks, drinking a cup of coffee, or having an energy drink to help them out.

Adding on to that point about Energy, the sims energy drains extremely quickly and their options to replenish their energy is extremely limited. For example, the refridgerator could easily be a good way to increase the sims energy as it is part of their nutrition, health, and energy source but it currently does not provide any energy points. Activities that sound like they would be restful actions, such as relaxing on the bed (nap) or recharging on the couch at the club not add to their energy level either. There was also a luxury event, where the character was supposed to just enjoy the day at home and it was kind of ironic that the event had drained all of the sim's energy even though it was literally doing anything but strenuous activities.

The prices are a bit too expensive. There is a 'date night pack' that is $19.99, which is more than I pay for a stuff pack on PC. I think it is too overpriced for a mobile app that doesn't even bring half the content that is on a stuff pack. I also understand Simcash could be bought in-app, however the means to earning simcash without paying for extra simcash are very limited in my opinion.
[*]Fix Animations. I agree with what you said about fixing some of the animations, like the sims stay standing up while watching a blank TV. Watching a scary movie is them standing up and laughing vs. them sitting on a couch covering their mouths or something. I also noticed that the "gluten-free vegan salad" or any dish that is being served is actually a plate of chicken. Also, the dance animation is the same moves regardless if it was supposed to be romantic or casual.

To add to this point, Cake tasting was also a plate of chicken and corn. I also noticed that when I was using the stove, I clicked to bake a tasty treat and my sim began to cook a turkey in the oven, and when the action was done, she had a plate with a cookie on it. It just looks silly to me.

Glitches:
  • Unexpected Visitors. I have noticed that other sims (who are not in my household, just walking on the sidewalk) just enter my sim's house unannounced sometimes. I understand when I interact with them, they can enter my home; however, they tend to unexpectedly walk in and sit down on my couch without any interaction.
  • Game Crashes. The game begins to slow down and it suddenly crashes. This is something that my sister, my friend, and I have experienced. Then, when opening the app again, it shows that the game didn't save anything from what you might have done that day unless you happened to have ended an event prior to the game crashing, which then it just takes you to the end of the event.
  • Rose Lattice. When using rose lattice to kiss partner during wedding the sim gets teleported to a different spot on the lot.
  • Videos with No Bonus Rewards. Ads mention that rewards can increase if the player watches them, however in my game, sometimes it does not provide extra rewards. There was one time where I got rewards, it showed the rewards before playing the video and then after watching the video, it took away my rewards. The option to watch videos pops up on the mailbox in front of my home or in the marketplace, but when I click it, no video plays, the option disappears, and I am left with no rewards.
[*]The option to hide the beginner hints/messages. For example, when I was checking out a new outfit I had gotten in the CAS, I had received a message saying that I should throw a birthday party (first birthday event). I wasn't able to exit the bubble, slide it away, nothing. I had to force close the app since the message was in the way and I couldn't edit anything in CAS and I couldn't exit out of CAS. However, not sure if it was a glitch or not.

Like I said, these are like my first impressions. I only started playing about a day ago LOL
I'm not sure if these options are available in the game already (I haven't seen them), but it would be good to have them as well. o:)

Overall, we love the game and enjoy playing very much!
This is just some honest feedback that we feel should be mentioned to improve the game! :)

P.S. Feel free to add any glitches you've noticed or suggestions you might have in this thread :)
Ayy It's Mell ♥

Comments

• HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    These are some pretty good feedback imo.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• sparkles555sparkles555 Posts: 16 Member
    I would like to see the Lifestyle title text removed from the interface. I hate having persistent text that's not interactive and I can't hide. It's distracting. You can already press the shape to find out more details about your level. The interface would look so much cleaner without it.
  • Ashbash89Ashbash89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Another major improvement would be to reduce the frequency that objects break, and to reduce the cost of fixing them. It costs me 600 simoleans to fix my table--that is six shifts of work! For an object I already paid for!!! It feels like a mean money grab, to push real spending.

The ideal fix would to make it an option to have a sim fix the item. 1 min for 1 star items, 3 mins for 3 star items.

I think that, if they insist on money being the only option for fixing (and not adding an option to fix it), then it should at least be reasonable, and not cost more that a short shift to fix. Max should be 25 simoleans. Makes me not want to interact with objects at all.
  • Ashbash89Ashbash89 Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, I keep getting issues with Sims not starting an event when I confirm it. So I'll set up a bunch of long shifts before bed, but when I check it in the morning, at least one of my Sims will only 'begin' when I open my app. It saves them me assigning the event, but doesn't save them starting it. So, not only do I not get the money or tickets from the long shift, but then they are stuck in a long shift for the next six hours. It's incredibly annoying. I feel like, if the game can save them being assigned, it should be able to save them starting it too!
  • TukupeiTukupei Posts: 1 New Member
    It will be great to have a don’t save option in the construction/decoration mode. Sometimes I change lots of things but then I regret and whant the back :(
  • Emyb03Emyb03 Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be so nice to be able to make more changes to the community lots than what is currently offered. For example, I’d like to be able to put a couch in the cafe and change the wall paper in the restaurant...maybe add a few patio tables to the restaurant while I’m at it. But there isn’t an option for anything other than the pre-offered items.
  • vintagedollvintagedoll Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be great if they added events like prom, graduation, and afterschool events for teenagerrs and kids. It would also be cool if they added a High school and a primary school.
  • FlapjacqFlapjacq Posts: 12 New Member
    My biggest issue is not receiving rewards when the sticker contest ends. Ever since after the ASOS event, it just stopped showing up but my stickers reset to 0 every week. I end up filing a ticker with EA but they only give 20 gems each week when I have 3 sims earning 30 stickers or more on average
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Ashbash89 wrote: »
    Another major improvement would be to reduce the frequency that objects break, and to reduce the cost of fixing them. It costs me 600 simoleans to fix my table--that is six shifts of work! For an object I already paid for!!! It feels like a mean money grab, to push real spending.

The ideal fix would to make it an option to have a sim fix the item. 1 min for 1 star items, 3 mins for 3 star items.

I think that, if they insist on money being the only option for fixing (and not adding an option to fix it), then it should at least be reasonable, and not cost more that a short shift to fix. Max should be 25 simoleans. Makes me not want to interact with objects at all.

Yes! Good suggestion. I never noticed how frequent it was until you pointed it out. I literally had about 3 or 4 broken items in my home after the leisure event. Even my plants outside needed to be repaired. Another thing is that they break within the first interaction. It’s happened multiple times already.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

It would be great if they added events like prom, graduation, and afterschool events for teenagerrs and kids. It would also be cool if they added a High school and a primary school.

Good suggestion! I just grew up my toddler into a child and I haven’t been able to play with her since I don’t have enough simcash to unlock the other person slot. But yes! That would be cute to have them go to school events and occasionally win rewards for having high grades, scoring well on exams, volunteering, best projects, etc. I am not sure if there is a teen state, I don’t think there is. But it would be nice to have teens and high school events as well. So far, all I can do with my child is praise, chat, or change her outfit.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Tukupei wrote: »
    It will be great to have a don’t save option in the construction/decoration mode. Sometimes I change lots of things but then I regret and whant the back :(

Yes! I think it would be nice to have an undo button, not only in build mode, but in CAS as well.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

Ashbash89 wrote: »
    Also, I keep getting issues with Sims not starting an event when I confirm it. So I'll set up a bunch of long shifts before bed, but when I check it in the morning, at least one of my Sims will only 'begin' when I open my app. It saves them me assigning the event, but doesn't save them starting it. So, not only do I not get the money or tickets from the long shift, but then they are stuck in a long shift for the next six hours. It's incredibly annoying. I feel like, if the game can save them being assigned, it should be able to save them starting it too!

Sorry, I’ve never had this problem other than when my game crashes and doesn’t save my progress. So I don’t know if this helps, but I usually start the event and have them do a few interactions and head back to the home, even if no one is home. When I exit the app and go back into it, they’re still at the events. Idk if it’s because of the loading screen or not, but try it and see if that works :smile:
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Kat9887Kat9887 Posts: 9 New Member
    First off I agree with the previous suggestion to lower the frequency and cost of items breaking second.

Why is clearing land and buying rooms suddenly jumping from 6000 simoleons to 11 000 and 14 000?!

I did the math in order to have enough coins to clear my current section of land I would have to put all four of my sims in 6 long hour shifts. SIX! That’s really bloodly expensive!

I get that you wanted to try and make things more challenging but clearing land was already hard enough without the prince to do it sky rocketing. Please cant you keep it at a 6000 simoleon limit or something?
  • Dawgz_b1chDawgz_b1ch Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree with many of the things said here.

*I agree we should be able to sell items for a fair price.
    *Yes, having the food recharge some energy would be nice.
    *I also often can't click on videos bc it shuts down my game &cancels rewards.
    *Yes, objects do break way too fast &cost way too much to repair.
    *I've also had problems with logging back in &my ppl just started the shift

Career items are portioned weird.
    Cafe--
    Why 25 tables &20 chairs? Why not a couple couches to go w the coffee table? Are all patrons sitting alone? Weird!
    10 rugs? Where am I going to put all those?
    I'd also like to see rugs fit together to form a bigger rug
    No outdoor flowers to add. What about statues in the future? Like a bird bath?

Restaurant--
    Why so few tables? We seriously need a more balanced number of objects. I have several chairs w no table
    Only 1 rug?
    20 flowers, 20 cookie jars, 20 napkin dispensers? I have 3 tables! I could use less of those, more candles, branches.

Fashion studio--
    Where am I going to put 20 of everything? There's no room!
    1 rug but 20 hanging lights!

Hospital--
    2 couches, 1 exam table, 1 rug but 20 paper towel dispensers, 20 trash cans, 20 pictures, 20 nurses tables.
    20 cabinets, but no counters
    20 floor plants, but no table plants? Then again, there are no tables.
    No outdoor benches

Club--
    Expensive items
    20 club bars, 20 club tables, NO CHAIRS! Or couches?
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    Heres an idea!
    Maybe don't scam people by giving them the same item over and over from an event list. I'm done.

Oh wait! But everyone is still waiting for the mailbox to be moveable.

Hint: the developers don't even listen to your feedback and have no intention of changing for our convenience!

WAKE UP
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    I would like to see TEENS (PLAYABLE).
    They would be teens for about three days and (like the perfect upbringing) we get the option to send our teens to school ones per day, to earn perfect education 1,2 and 3. The event would be around 6 hours long and there would of course be an actual schoolbuilding to help our sims with the event, if we want. Teens can also have hobbies, parttime jobs and social relationships (dates).
  • mmfreeze30mmfreeze30 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just recently Downloaded the Sims mobile and I’m glad to be able to play the Sims again. I used to play all the time but it’s difficult now because most laptop don’t come with disk drives built in and I just hate bulkiness of the plug in disk drives. Anyway my question to all of you is ...are there any Helpful ways to earn extra simoleons quickly, like the click of a button, that actually work for the mobile app? because let’s all be honest it’s impossible to earn enough money on this game.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    mmfreeze30 wrote: »
    I just recently Downloaded the Sims mobile and I’m glad to be able to play the Sims again. I used to play all the time but it’s difficult now because most laptop don’t come with disk drives built in and I just hate bulkiness of the plug in disk drives. Anyway my question to all of you is ...are there any Helpful ways to earn extra simoleons quickly, like the click of a button, that actually work for the mobile app? because let’s all be honest it’s impossible to earn enough money on this game.

spend the money to unlock sim slots . have 4 sims in the house at all times , send them to work , hobbies , events, making friends etc. Make sure you complete your to do list every day and watch any videos that come up for free stuff. Your permitted to attend 2 parties every day. This is not quick but part of playing the game. You can buy simoleons if you just want to build a house , decorate and not actually play the game . The mobile game is not like the PC verison

Origin has download versions of TS3 and 4 , you don't need a disc but your computer needs to meet requirements to play them. EA also has TS2 for download if you ask CS for a copy.
  • husunasanhusunasan Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    > Ashbash89 wrote: »
    >
    > Another major improvement would be to reduce the frequency that objects break, and to reduce the cost of fixing them. It costs me 600 simoleans to fix my table--that is six shifts of work! For an object I already paid for!!! It feels like a mean money grab, to push real spending.
    >
    > The ideal fix would to make it an option to have a sim fix the item. 1 min for 1 star items, 3 mins for 3 star items.
    >
    > I think that, if they insist on money being the only option for fixing (and not adding an option to fix it), then it should at least be reasonable, and not cost more that a short shift to fix. Max should be 25 simoleans. Makes me not want to interact with objects at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes! Good suggestion. I never noticed how frequent it was until you pointed it out. I literally had about 3 or 4 broken items in my home after the leisure event. Even my plants outside needed to be repaired. Another thing is that they break within the first interaction. It’s happened multiple times already.

Have been getting frustrated about the high prices and frequency to repair broken items as well. Like at least give us XP for fixing them or something. I don't want to be spending hundreds of my hard-earned simoleons and getting basically nothing in return.
    husunasan wrote: »
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    > Ashbash89 wrote: »
    >
    > Another major improvement would be to reduce the frequency that objects break, and to reduce the cost of fixing them. It costs me 600 simoleans to fix my table--that is six shifts of work! For an object I already paid for!!! It feels like a mean money grab, to push real spending.
    >
    > The ideal fix would to make it an option to have a sim fix the item. 1 min for 1 star items, 3 mins for 3 star items.
    >
    > I think that, if they insist on money being the only option for fixing (and not adding an option to fix it), then it should at least be reasonable, and not cost more that a short shift to fix. Max should be 25 simoleans. Makes me not want to interact with objects at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes! Good suggestion. I never noticed how frequent it was until you pointed it out. I literally had about 3 or 4 broken items in my home after the leisure event. Even my plants outside needed to be repaired. Another thing is that they break within the first interaction. It’s happened multiple times already.

Have been getting frustrated about the high prices and frequency to repair broken items as well. Like at least give us XP for fixing them or something. I don't want to be spending hundreds of my hard-earned simoleons and getting basically nothing in return.

the prices always fluctuate to fix things too. It's annoying . Our sims don't make enough money to afford to fix things that break so frequently. Either give them a much higher sim salary or lower the prices of things that break and the frequency of when they break. Our sims may have to go down to the law office and protest these issues with Yetti protest signs like the PC version of the game
  • katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!
    > Maybe don't scam people by giving them the same item over and over from an event list. I'm done.
    > Oh wait! But everyone is still waiting for the mailbox to be moveable.

> Hint: the developers don't even listen to your feedback and have no intention of changing for our convenience!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m So DISAPPOINTED over the World of Luxury Event!
    I now have SIX Tapestries! 3 Mirrors, 2 Bracelets, 3 Poufs. Two items- the Room Divider & the hanging lamps were at least something I wanted/could use!

Why do they replace some duplicate items with some other things like tickets? Why didn’t they give us the option to Claim or take the Substitute?
    I really don’t want to take part in any of those LONG event quests anymore-
    The idea was Fun, but the execution is a Fail imho
    katzX3 wrote: »
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!
    > Maybe don't scam people by giving them the same item over and over from an event list. I'm done.

> Hint: the developers don't even listen to your feedback and have no intention of changing for our convenience!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I now have SIX Tapestries! 3 Mirrors, 2 Bracelets, 3 Poufs. Two items- the Room Divider & the hanging lamps were at least something I wanted/could use!

Why do they replace some duplicate items with some other things like tickets? Why didn’t they give us the option to Claim or take the Substitute?

You need 4 poufs for the bubble blower to work. The poufs can be used as chairs. Your sims will sit on them even without the bubble blower. The bracelets one is male and one is female.

imagine how many people are playing this event and trying to get treasure chests , they have it set if you land on something you already have, it gets replaced with tickets. it's luck of the draw of what you get. The more you do the events, the more chances you have at winning items. I would love to get a lamp but have not gotten one yet. I have gotten many tickets and other duplicate items. There are still 4 days left .

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    It'd be really great if retired Sims could be 'interactive' for a longer time, especially now that we have a senior-related story. I started it with one of my Sims and his mother, I got almost 50% done, but I can't move it forward because the game already gives me only the option to move the elders out. A little frustrating.
  • ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you get some more good items.

Currently I have everything. 3 couches. Etc etc. Excluding the bubbler. Hopefully I get one. Fingers crossed.

Also the green Sims tokens, should no way in hell should be counted as a rare item. More scam tactics.
    the prices always fluctuate to fix things too. It's annoying . Our sims don't make enough money to afford to fix things that break so frequently. Either give them a much higher sim salary or lower the prices of things that break and the frequency of when they break. Our sims may have to go down to the law office and protest these issues with Yetti protest signs like the PC version of the game

Yes! The luxury couch I got for free costs 980 coins, possibly more, to repair. I left it broken because I wasted a lot of coins fixing the luxury mirror as well.
    > @ForumExplorer said:
    > Heres an idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you get some more good items.

Currently I have everything. 3 couches. Etc etc. Excluding the bubbler. Hopefully I get one. Fingers crossed.

Also the green Sims tokens, should no way in hell should be counted as a rare item. More scam tactics.

I got the same pair of pants like 3x only to be substituted by 10 tickets of two different types of tickets..150 deluxe coins wasted.
    I have a bunch of mirrors, poufs, dividers, etc. All I am missing from the items is the bubble blower, the tapestry, and the woman's shirt.
    Somehow, it just loves to give me a bunch of the repeat items to give me ticket substitutions that can be earned through events and quests.
    I wish it would substitute for a different item from the collection. It's irritating waiting hours for the event to finish, using the coins, getting repeat items, and then having to wait more hours (or spend simcash) for the event to unlock again. :#

Also, to reply to your other comment, it would be helpful for the developers to read the feedback since it would benefit them and possibly improve their game, but even if they don't, it's nice to vent lol
    Ayy It's Mell ♥