Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On a scale from 1-5 how much fun are you currently having playing Sims 4?

How much fun are you having playing sims 4? Right now. Not an overall average, but in the last 2-3 months or so how much fun have you had playing Sims 4? With 1 being the LEAST fun :)

On a scale from 1-5 how much fun are you currently having playing Sims 4? 315 votes

1 - Bored out of my mind
8%
Emily4331shellbemeWillowG145KlthfBagoas77marcel21Meela_Pashtspice3beladanifullspiralwormstache999DesertSimmer1971SavvySimmieChadSims2sof2106Goofhead2SimKeatscactusjuiceSo_MoneyBreazona 27 votes
2- Slightly above bored
13%
SkewedReality04auroraael14Bluefairy286sims2freak737Colorist40overondrake_mccartymollybrooke22JoAnne65Sucomirishluck1986Sk8rblazetaydevskitanita1Cinders27MezinkaatargmcAPottsTrashmagicBMSO 41 votes
3 - Mildly entertained
21%
CK213GoldmoldarGRIMMYIceyJOmri147dreamergrl84aelias24AlexainightmarequeenxoJessiStrangerthanMizz_TriceyelanorbretonSimQueenie9typicalgemininatasha93Elegantblkchina1hadklaxSydni0013ChelleJo 69 votes
4- Sims 4 is fun
41%
icmnfrshNh6650brackencat31Kita5399Icewolfxbecky685xLomelindi7rudolphaMjstsmPAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010TheLibrarySimdanacnbrettVibseSimpatsyannWritin_Regleon4sigBloosmoovessmeCaitxcat 131 votes
5- Most fun possible
14%
Akl500Ptams2578GalacticGalSimurgalan650111storyymcruddSimburianBeardedgeekalexandreaANNETTE1951LizzychicagomarbergSarahTheRedScorpina2009KatiardguezAssimulokirivianMVWdeZTernesdo 47 votes

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    My honest vote would be 4.5: My third most favorite game after Crusader Kings 2 and Fallout 4. But definitely more fun than just "fun".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    2- Slightly above bored
    I only play Sims 4 when I need to relieve stress. It is there when I want mindless entertainment. My 7 year old daughter has played it more this month than myself. A more mind-challenging go-to game for me is in the Story of Seasons series.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    3 - Mildly entertained
    And this is only because of a ridiculous amount of mods that make the sims behave like sims. But I still need to try hard not to exhaust the game's available activities.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I’m finally diving into building and creating original Sims. It’s adding an additional element of fun to the game that I didn’t pursue before, so it’s making the game even better :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can’t vote because I’m not currently playing.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    To be honest I haven't played often, but when I have it's been fun :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I had to even out my score a bit. I would think most fun possible would be me about to fall over in hysterics while playing (which only happens now and then). It's fun to play. I wouldn't be playing it if I were bored. I have played in the mildly entertained mode but then it's time to think about playing another game or not playing the Sims at all. Not all the time is Sims time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    2- Slightly above bored
    It's more for mindset reasons, in my case. Being from South America, not being able to purchase Jungle Adventures due to its high price is taking a toll on me. I hope for a sale.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I love the stories you can make! A 4.7 for me! (Because I have am old computer)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I think it’s fun, but it lacks gameplay and that’s a bit frustrating.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I have to quantify my answer by saying I use Mods. Road to Fame, currently, is the one I'm deriving the most joy out of. MCCC is also great.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I have been having a great time playing TS4 :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    3 - Mildly entertained
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I had to even out my score a bit. I would think most fun possible would be me about to fall over in hysterics while playing (which only happens now and then). It's fun to play. I wouldn't be playing it if I were bored. I have played in the mildly entertained mode but then it's time to think about playing another game or not playing the Sims at all. Not all the time is Sims time.

I agree. I'm only mildly entertained at this point and that's why I've focused lately on Payday 2, Sniper Elite, and now I'm back into Wow. I do still play a bit here and there with Sims 4, but I'm not playing as often or as long as I once did. I think I'm ready for a pack to be released. Which is odd, cause I can play Sims 3 and have a blast, and no packs are going to be released, but I do tend to get a bit bored waiting on a new pack from Sims 4.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I am only having tons of fun because of mods. The mods add to my gameplay and makes the game exciting. Without mods, it would be a 3.8 as there isn't a lot to do.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    5- Most fun possible
    I am only having tons of fun because of mods. The mods add to my gameplay and makes the game exciting. Without mods, it would be a 3.8 as there isn't a lot to do.

So you're saying you have no expansions?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I started a new save a few weeks ago and today another one (so I'm having 3 different saves right now). Thanks of that I’m having some variety for playing. The 1st save became too boring. But I’ happy with all the content we have till now. There is a lack of creativity form my side.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited May 2018
    1 - Bored out of my mind
    I have to say 1, because it's very low on my gaming priority list right now.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited May 2018
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    A couple months ago I would have said mildy entertained* but I started playing rotationally and it's so much more fun than it used to be when I played 1 household per save. Whenever I get bored with a certain storyline I can switch to another one and I like seeing the way relationships connect from both sides.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    Sims 4 is fun when I have an idea for a story. Right now i am playing a vampire couple and I have ideas for the two lovers to grow and some planned tragedy in the future once they have a kid.

I spent the last few hours fixing up the house I downloaded for them. I don’t want it to be too furnished (nothing to strive for) but on the other hand, I don’t want it to be bare.

Therefore right now I may actually rate the sims 4 a 5 at this moment
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I've found myself enjoying the game for the past few months now. For some reason, I just can't seem to get sick of it.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    3 - Mildly entertained
    I enjoy making Sims but that's about it.

Whenever I do play the actual game I may be entertained a little but not at the same level of fun I usually have with TS2.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    4- Sims 4 is fun
    I haven't played TS4 in at least a few months now, but whenever I come back to it, I always go on a playing spree. It's a fun game to come back to after a nice break.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    3 - Mildly entertained
    It's mainly my story scenario, Toddlers, Parenthood, and Vampires that's keeping me entertained.
    They are starting to wear off now and I am turning to other games.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2018
    5- Most fun possible
    For me, all of the sims games are completely about my choices. This is like a giant dollhouse that goes beyond the scope of just the house and furniture. What my sims do and the circumstances that they are subject to are almost completely in my hands. If I want to play poor sims, I have the power to make them poor. If I want to play Athletes. TADA! build-a -athlete. In this capacity I don't see how the game can be anything less than max fun. If I don't like it or I'm not having fun with a story --- Change The Story! Voila.

I think that I might also like to add that one of the best things about the whole franchise is that we have such an amazingly generous and talented community. If I feel like my family/s are getting a little stale, I simply take a virtual shopping spree to discover new mods, cc and even game mechanic ideas that refresh the whole game once again for me. If I've been playing a bit too long and feel burned out a bit, I can always try a new challenge here on the forums or even just read some of the inventive ideas that people come up with to "spice" up their games. For story line ideas our community is bursting with blogs - offering all sorts of storylines to inspire my next story. I am never disappointed by the scope and depth of talent and comradery I find in our community. And all of that is to me part of playing The Sims 4. It make me feel a bit like if I am not enjoying this game to the fullest - ultimately I'm the one doing something wrong.

This is not to say that I am not a little disappointed with the limitations of sim interactions in the sims 4. I may be driving the family reunion party, but if there is no mechanic in the game that lets me have her adult grandchildren kiss their grandma hello, I get frustrated by that limitation. If I am throwing a wedding for my favorite couple, it does break my heart that they can't have that slow dance. Can those limitations make the game less fun? At times it does, but then I figure it's time to go find some nice poses to simulate that slow dance for my scrapbook, and at least my screenshot can be saved as a wonderful memory for my happy couple.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    3 - Mildly entertained
    At the moment I am enjoying building and creating sims (as much as one can enjoy with the limitations) but as soon as I click the "live mode" button...I'm bored.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.