Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestions regarding the basics of the game

Last year I suggested a lot of stuffs, mostly suggesting enhancing the community lots. This time around I want to talk some more basic stuffs before the game moves on to more fancy stuffs.
  • Improve the Sim AI, especially the one for children, toddlers and the elder. Currently the elders do nothing but stay around and chat. The toddlers do nothing but wandering around and shaking their bodies or look at stuffs. The children are the same with toddlers. It's one thing to not to be able to control them, it's another to not even see them interacting with stuffs. If you think that's too much, at least make some idle animations, like the children suddenly kneels down and grab a homework notebook out of nowhere to do homework, and a toddler takes out a toy and start to play.
  • Fix the details of some animations. Namely, "Tuck In" a toddler should call the toddler there and make the toddler actually lies in bed, not stand like a wood miles away. "Watch TV" or "Play Video Games" should at least show us the TV screen? Who knows what's so interesting about a black screen. And if possible, let them sit down and watch TV. And I don't even want to talk about the "Play Games" on arcade or painting on an easel is the same animation as standing still and viewing arts.
  • Increase the item limit as more stuffs get released. I've been playing since launch and guess what? I can't even place out my heirlooms or else I hit the item limit. This also applies to Izzy's creations. You released a bunch of new clothes in the shop and did not increase the limit? WOW.
  • The screenshot button Seriously what's so hard about a screenshot option? Or if that's asking for too much, hiding the UI after not interacting with the game for a period of time also works.
  • Free angles in public lots. After an update the angle was more limited and now in the club I can't even take a good picture of the DJ---Because that angle was not reachable. There used to be a lot more freedom.
  • The items unlocked in the Photography career is able to grant more party points, but has not party icon above it.

Basically these are stuffs I think should be fixed in the currant game.

Comments

• ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Hello! These are good suggestions :)

I finally decided to download the app so I just recently started playing Sims 4 Mobile. So, my suggestions are more like first impressions as I haven't played enough to experience or notice some of the things you might have. In my opinion, I noticed its fairly easy to lose energy and money but almost impossible to gain it back quickly, at least as a new player.
    • The option to sell furniture. This has probably been mentioned already but I would like to have the ability to sell furniture/home items so that I could quickly make some extra money back. It could also help to clear the inventory of unwanted items that no longer match the aesthetic of the home, like old windows and counters.
    • Basic Interactions. I think we should be able to have interactions always available to us (like "Get to Know", "Intertwine fingers", "Kiss", "Break Up", "Ask to Just Be Friends", etc). I would like to be able to do certain interactions for my sims, maybe unlock the actions depending on their story or friendship level. For example, it was weird that I was not able to have my sims kiss until the propose event (even though I would make my sims flirt and chat all the time before the event) but they were able to woohoo whenever they finally got a double bed. The kiss option only showed up maybe once or twice during that entire event. Don't know if I have to raise their friendship level for that option to be available always, but once the event ended, I can't find it anymore.
    • More energy options. I like being able to interact with other sims, however my sims are constantly running out of energy quickly during events like dates, parties, or work events so maybe giving the sims a few more options to gain energy back, maybe by eating snacks, drinking a cup of coffee, or having an energy drink to help them out.
    • Fix Animations. I agree with what you said about fixing some of the animations, like the sims stay standing up while watching a blank TV. Watching a scary movie is them standing up and laughing vs. them sitting on a couch covering their mouths or something. I also noticed that the "gluten-free vegan salad" or any dish that is being served is actually a plate of chicken. Also, the dance animation is the same moves regardless if it was supposed to be romantic or casual.
    • The option to hide the beginner hints/messages. For example, when I was checking out a new outfit I had gotten in the CAS, I had received a message saying that I should throw a birthday party (first birthday event). I wasn't able to exit the bubble, slide it away, nothing. I had to force close the app since the message was in the way and I couldn't edit anything in CAS and I couldn't exit out of CAS. However, not sure if it was a glitch or not.

Like I said, these are like my first impressions. I only started playing about a day ago LOL
    I'm not sure if these options are available in the game already (I haven't seen them), but it would be good to have them as well. o:)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had started playing Sims Mobile last Sunday which was Mother's Day. I was traveling that day, and didn't have access to my PC or the PS4 in order to play Sims 4. And I knew about Sims Mobile, and decided to play The Sims that way. But Sims Mobile is just like any other Sims Games, chuck full of things that need to be fixed or improved for better game experience.
  • katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:

> Hello! These are good suggestions :)
    >
    > I finally decided to download the app so I just recently started playing Sims 4 Mobile. So, my suggestions are more like first impressions as I haven't played enough to experience or notice some of the things you might have. In my opinion, I noticed its fairly easy to lose energy and money but almost impossible to gain it back quickly, at least as a new player.

> * The option to sell furniture. This has probably been mentioned already but I would like to have the ability to sell furniture/home items so that I could quickly make some extra money back. It could also help to clear the inventory of unwanted items that no longer match the aesthetic of the home, like old windows and counters. ❤️❤️❤️

> * More energy options. I like being able to interact with other sims, however my sims are constantly running out of energy quickly during events like dates, parties, or work events so maybe giving the sims a few more options to gain energy back, maybe by eating snacks, drinking a cup of coffee, or having an energy drink to help them out. ❤️❤️❤️

> * Fix Animations. I agree with what you said about fixing some of the animations, like the sims stay standing up while watching a blank TV. Watching a scary movie is them standing up and laughing vs. them sitting on a couch covering their mouths or something. I also noticed that the "gluten-free vegan salad" or any dish that is being served is actually a plate of chicken. Also, the dance animation is the same moves regardless if it was supposed to be romantic or casual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @ayyitsmell
    Your suggestions, especially the idea to sell back furniture/empty out Inventory, add more ENERGY options & Fixing the animations to make more sense for the actions, are brilliant.

❤️ Maybe there could be a Sims Thrift Store available, I’d be thrilled even to get 1/3 back from the original price from upgrading stuff in my over-crowded inventory

❤️ Yes, Yes, Yes to the more Energy Options. — like Washing Hands!
    Your suggestions for Coffee, Healthy Snacks, even drinking water are great!

And I’d love a slow dance option for Romantic Date Nights
    Things I wish that we can have in Sims Mobile to make the game even better:
    The Rumbasim dance from Sims 4 Jungle Adventure.
    Vampires.
    Pets.
    More clothing and hairstyle options.
    An amusement park.
    One thing that they can do to help improve game play is make it easier to move furniture that has been placed around. I had just placed a sleepy time night stand in the game and it got placed on the outside of the house. And now I can't click on it to move indoors where it needs to be.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    @katzX3 Thank you! o:)<3
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Hello! These are good suggestions :)

I finally decided to download the app so I just recently started playing Sims 4 Mobile. So, my suggestions are more like first impressions as I haven't played enough to experience or notice some of the things you might have. In my opinion, I noticed its fairly easy to lose energy and money but almost impossible to gain it back quickly, at least as a new player.
    • The option to sell furniture. This has probably been mentioned already but I would like to have the ability to sell furniture/home items so that I could quickly make some extra money back. It could also help to clear the inventory of unwanted items that no longer match the aesthetic of the home, like old windows and counters.
    • Basic Interactions. I think we should be able to have interactions always available to us (like "Get to Know", "Intertwine fingers", "Kiss", "Break Up", "Ask to Just Be Friends", etc). I would like to be able to do certain interactions for my sims, maybe unlock the actions depending on their story or friendship level. For example, it was weird that I was not able to have my sims kiss until the propose event (even though I would make my sims flirt and chat all the time before the event) but they were able to woohoo whenever they finally got a double bed. The kiss option only showed up maybe once or twice during that entire event. Don't know if I have to raise their friendship level for that option to be available always, but once the event ended, I can't find it anymore.
    • More energy options. I like being able to interact with other sims, however my sims are constantly running out of energy quickly during events like dates, parties, or work events so maybe giving the sims a few more options to gain energy back, maybe by eating snacks, drinking a cup of coffee, or having an energy drink to help them out.
    • Fix Animations. I agree with what you said about fixing some of the animations, like the sims stay standing up while watching a blank TV. Watching a scary movie is them standing up and laughing vs. them sitting on a couch covering their mouths or something. I also noticed that the "gluten-free vegan salad" or any dish that is being served is actually a plate of chicken. Also, the dance animation is the same moves regardless if it was supposed to be romantic or casual.
    • The option to hide the beginner hints/messages. For example, when I was checking out a new outfit I had gotten in the CAS, I had received a message saying that I should throw a birthday party (first birthday event). I wasn't able to exit the bubble, slide it away, nothing. I had to force close the app since the message was in the way and I couldn't edit anything in CAS and I couldn't exit out of CAS. However, not sure if it was a glitch or not.

Like I said, these are like my first impressions. I only started playing about a day ago LOL
    I'm not sure if these options are available in the game already (I haven't seen them), but it would be good to have them as well. o:)

The game purposely doesn’t want you to sell furniture because you earn lifestyle points when you purchase them and by selling furniture back you’ll be able to use the same old money to accumulate lifestyle points...I think categorizeing them might just do the same.

The game used to have the interaction “Have Snack” as an option to fill the Sim’s hunger need. Interesting idea, I like it!

• katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    > @RexZheng said:

> The game purposely doesn’t want you to sell furniture because you earn lifestyle points when you purchase them and by selling furniture back you’ll be able to use the same old money to accumulate lifestyle points...I think categorizeing them might just do the same.
    >
    > The game used to have the interaction “Have Snack” as an option to fill the Sim’s hunger need. Interesting idea, I like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, I get that the game wants/needs to make money,
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    How about our sims going on vacation? There would be a couple of places, just like workplaces. For sample France, China, Italy. Your sims could start a vacation-story by visiting one of these places. By doing events there, your sims could earn items to decorate (+ event bonus) the vacation spot. And they can earn objects for home (souvenirs, furniture in the style of the vacation country).
  • sparkles555sparkles555 Posts: 16 Member
    I really want to get rid of the lifestyle title always being visible. It takes up space in my world. Show it when I rank up, show it when I press the icon, but I don't need words sitting there on the screen that are not interactive.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I understand the game needs to generate money but please figure out a more meaningful way to do so and actually release stuff we WANT to pay for. 2000 sim cash for a hot tub? No thank you! A pack with new gameplay and themed sets to go with it? Yes okay, for a reasonable price.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    edited July 2018
    - I would love the system of potions to gain weight, to lose weight, to grow old and to make sims young again. Sometimes I would like to keep my sim for more than a week at stake, which is very difficult since the current lifetime is very short and even making him elderly and keeping him at home, an hour he will eventually go away.

- And I would love to see the return of the gardening system coming to the game. Planting would be a great hobby to make money (and maybe even a plant with a fruit that increases the life time of sims).

- Painting it's another thing that I would love see coming soon.
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    I wish my local NPCs were not all old, gray, and retired. There’s not a marriageable one in my whole game. It’s kinda depressing.
  • LadyLala31LadyLala31 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see it a bit easier to earn n save sim cash as i have a super fixed income and cant spend a whole lot if anything on the game and I love playing but its so hard to save up sim cash when the surprising choices all require you pay for something or end up with a sim whos mad or sad and unusable till they arent. Also the Piano hobby n photography career are so expensive I feel ill never unlock them and ive completed all other possible hobbies n careers.
    I also believe that we need some type of organization in the storage because its hard to find something when you have to scroll thru everything cuz when you get to my level there is just so much stuff in there.
  • DaveoghDaveogh Posts: 8 New Member
    1. The option for a second floor: this have probably been mentioned,the option for a second floor like a duplex would be really cool, u guys can make an option in the game when clicked will go to the second floor since building slot for rooms is only 13.
    2. Clothing and Hairstyle: As I go up in levels, I see more and more furniture unlocked. Okay, that's not bad. but what I'd really like to see is more cosmetic options for my character(s). I'd like to see more hairstyles, more beard styles, more clothing, etc. Can we get some more of those?
    3. Swimming pool & Hot tubs: Also, we need hot tubs and or swimming pools to be available to all players and not through and event priced preferably using Home tickets or 7,000 simoleons or 20-40 Sim cash.
    4. BBQ party: This is more of a materialistic suggestion but it'd be nice to be able to build your own patio with flooring that you can add outside and also a grill so your sims could host a BBQ party or maybe incorporate it into the foodie party. When I first started playing the game and saw the outdoors icon I thought there would be BBQ's so I was very disappointed to only see shrubs and hedges.
    5. More levels : when i started playing the game i thought it was going to last like forever, but when i saw that lvl 40 max, i was so disappointed.
    6. More careers: There are other careers like Accountants, pilot, Architectural and Civil Drafters, Barbers, Cashiers and so on but, why just 7 careers? we need more pls.
    7. Lockable doors - can't a sim knock before entering someone else house, i would love a way to stop/block random family members hanging out in the bathroom and other areas of my house.
    8. More places: can't we take the entire family out to an amusement pack, beach or any other fun places.
    9. Party time takes 1 week so frustrating pls, reduce the time taken to throw a party.
    10. So much fun brainstorming and daydreaming! We want event that Sim kids can be part of. How cute would a playground or school be! really will a child/kid grow up in a house to become an engineer without going to school.I hope they roll out something new like that soon!
    11. More sims maybe
    12. More events like haloween, christmas, new year e.t.c
    I really think It would make a great addition to the game.