Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with just one household?

1235...Next

Comments

• DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I played rotational for the first time today and really enjoyed it ^_^

I have my one "main" household. When I play that one, I have aging on and progression in the rest of the world. But when I play any other household I simply turn aging off for a while. Works well for me and I think I'll continue to play this way.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    edited May 2018
    I normally play each and every household of all my worlds. Playing with aging off, and antering those houses to adjust birthdays and such, but sometimes I stop to play them for a few days. I always did it this way, but I don't get the same enthusiasm from it in TS4 as I did in say TS3 and TS2. Not really sure why, somehow most households feel generic and all sims are smiling while they talk etc, making TS4 a bit too "happy go lucky". I find it more interesting to play poor or striving families. :#>:)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I used to play with many sims, in different saves, but have cut back to 18 saves, with 2 families in each (36 families). The two families in each save are related to each other. When at one time I was playing less saves but more families in rotation per save I found that I missed out too much on goals, even on long, so cut back to just two as I didn't want to complicate things by using aging on and off. All my sims age, even the townies. I only start a new save when I'm inspired to begin a new theme. Each save has a theme, some more pronounced than others. My last two saves were the Murkland save and one I started to emphasize animals. My first save is now up to generation four.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Lately I've stuck to playing the eldest child in each generation. But since the first-born in fourth generation was the family's first-ever set of fraternal twins,(boy/girl twins, with the boy as the 'older' sibling) I'm playing both twins living at home with their now elderly parents, their spouses, and their day-old sons, who were born just minutes apart!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited May 2018
    28344311938_8fff187c98_b.jpg

The baby in fourth generation is Jake, Ethan, and Sarah McConnell's cousin Dominic Parker's daughter Carlee. Sadly, everyone in first and second generation have since died from old age. :'(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I currently have 81 played households in one save. 82 total. So no. I could never just play one household. I'd be so bored.

wowwwwwwww!!!! im amazed

I don't do much but play the sims, so I have to find ways to keep things interesting.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I have no choice but to play 1 household per game save. TS4 makes it impossible to play rotationally as one can in TS2. Since it is evident that EA has no interest in so much as providing an option, we are left to hope some modder will step up to the bar.

I don't find it difficult at all to play multiple households. What about it is different from TS2 that doesn't work for you? (As a caveat, I do play with several mods that may make my potential experience different.)

I have no mods nor CC. My main problem is that while I can turn aging off, time still progresses whether I'm in the household or not, unlike in TS2. There when I leave a household in a particular state to move on to the next one, it is in that state when I get back to it. My rotational play there is essentially sequential; household A, then B to the effect of 'while all that was going on in A, this is what is happening in B', and so on until I return to A. I also tend to weave the story lines together, in effect using the game to write what amounts to a novel. That is not possible in TS4. Not knowing that when I first got the game, I initially tried to play TS4 as I do TS2, and soon found a hopeless mish-mash that made integrated story telling impossible. What really killed it for me was the discovery that one of my couples had produced a baby all on their own, no intervention from me. At least they were already married to each other. Now it's 1 household per save, all others essentially being townies. It's a waste of simhuman resources, but keeps things straight.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have no choice but to play 1 household per game save. TS4 makes it impossible to play rotationally as one can in TS2. Since it is evident that EA has no interest in so much as providing an option, we are left to hope some modder will step up to the bar.

I don't find it difficult at all to play multiple households. What about it is different from TS2 that doesn't work for you? (As a caveat, I do play with several mods that may make my potential experience different.)

I have no mods nor CC. My main problem is that while I can turn aging off, time still progresses whether I'm in the household or not, unlike in TS2.

And thank God for that.
    Personal preference of course, but the way the games handles time has become better with each game. Sims 1 is pointless to play, period, because everything is static. Sims 2 is better. Sims 3 is great, with auto aging as well as an open world. Four is... Almost as good as 3, but handles the actual Time and Aging better.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek