Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: Editing an existing Sim

I think I may be missing something, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.

I have run boolprop testingsheatsenabled true and when I shift click on a sim, I get a whole pile of cool stuff, but nothing about editing the Sim.

Any help appreciated :)
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Usually you will want to spawn a "sim modder" or a "badge juicer" to get the common edits. The "tombstone of Life and Death" is another one you might want to use.

Be careful though, there are some things that will ruin your entire neighborhood just by editing a sim. The memory system in that game is easy to corrupt and the corruption will spread everywhere before you even notice. I would create a dummy/test hood and play around with those spawned object options to see which cheat does what thing before editing a sim in a neighborhood you care about.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    It is really just appearance I want to edit - should have made that clear :) I thought there just might be a way to load the sim into cas to tweak stuff!

Creating a test neighborhood is a good idea..will do that...ta :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Ahhhhh - got ya. There's no way to go backwards into CAS once your sim is in the neighborhood. CAS is for new sims only in TS2.

For general appearance, you change in the mirror.
    For clothes, you have to go to the store and buy them off a rack.
    The genetics in TS2 were way more complex than TS3 (I don't know about TS4), so there's no way to change a big nose or weird cheeks in game. For that type of thing, you'll have to find a mod. I'm afraid I'm not much help with finding one, hopefully someone else knows.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Can we edit sims with SimPE?
    oh3cjs.jpg
    ^^^^^
    Yes. Using Sim surgery. There are a bunch of tutorials out there, it should be easy to find one that works for you.

There is also a career reward that allows you to change their appearance ("unlockcareerrewards" is the cheat to get the item). It looks like a plastic surgery machine.

I know the career reward DOESN'T change genetics, so if you are trying to get rid of a big nose, there's a good chance your children will inherit it anyway. Just like real life. I can't remember if Sim surgery changes genetics, I want to say no but I could be wrong, but I know there is a way to change genetics via simpe. I've never bothered though, I like my ugly sims to be ugly and have ugly kids :)
    edited January 2015
    Ah, that is cool...playing for the reward sounds OK to me.

Just looked up Sim Surgery - yeh, a tool like that will be fine if need be.

Thanks for your help all :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think the Sim Blender by twojeffs would be useful to you. You can find at a site called Simbology.

It's an extremely useful mod if you like tweaking your Sims :)

It looks like a small tree in a pot and can be found in Buy Mode - either Miscellaneous Items or Decorative, I believe.

Oh - the Sim Surgery career reward can be a bit 'temperamental' and you may end up not liking the result. Best to Save before you use it - seriously the results can be catastrophic :D

AH - SORRY TO SHOUT BUT THIS IMPORTANT - you have to have the Pets ep or above for the Sim Blender to work.
    Post edited by ratsrbest on
    Don't feed the trolls
    O cool...something else to play with :)

Simbology site is really helpful and that Sim blender looks great :)

The toybox is filling up :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    You know, I'm really happy for you :) Sims 2 is such a treat.

It's a wonderful thing its acquiring so many new players now.
    Don't feed the trolls
    ratsrbest wrote: »

I agree. It's so nice to see brand new players coming to Sims 2. I love that it's still getting picked up all these years later.
    Seamoan wrote: »

I agree. It's so nice to see brand new players coming to Sims 2. I love that it's still getting picked up all these years later.

It's an absolutely fabulous game. The detail is superb. Take this, for example, this is just one of many moments while a couple is sleeping:

r1qFNRt.png

There is such a large amount of detail in it. Tons of little animations and the interaction wheel is packed with interactions.

I am fortunate in that I have all the DLC and such a large range of mods to choose from.

Though, picking through and finding the essential mods/CC is quite difficult. There is literally 10s of 1000s to choose from - lol.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Seamoan wrote: »

It's an absolutely fabulous game. The detail is superb. Take this, for example, this is just one of many moments while a couple is sleeping:

r1qFNRt.png

There is such a large amount of detail in it. Tons of little animations and the interaction wheel is packed with interactions.

I am fortunate in that I have all the DLC and such a large range of mods to choose from.

Though, picking through and finding the essential mods/CC is quite difficult. There is literally 10s of 1000s to choose from - lol.

TS2 cc can be tricky business at first, everything has been done so many different ways or can be done in different ways in the game. Luckily all those mods are tried and true at this point, so it's all quality stuff. :)
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 344 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just wanted to put a little more information up for you. Yes you can use the simblender to change appearances of Sims it is an extremely useful tool I love it...but you have to remember if you change anything with your Sim it doesn't genetically get passed on for example: If your Sim originally had a big nose and tiny lips even though you've changed them to smaller nose and plump lips any children they have will inherit the big nose and small lips. In order to make new changes pass down threw generations you have to use SimPE and it can get pretty difficult. I can't remember all if it exactly but I know you have to make the Second face their default face and commit the changes. Sometimes messing around in SimPE can mess up your game too so I always make a backup of the neighborhood before making changes.
    Your picture is really cute I love the cuddling in the morning before getting out of bed. There was so much to that game it was amazing. Wish they would have kept a large portion of it and just added things for Sims 3 and 4...why change what wasn't broken? People loved Sims 2 they just wanted open neighborhoods hehe.
    I really miss the personality points. Sloppy vs. Neat and Active vs. Lazy...Of course we have traits now in Sims 3 and 4 but I always loved how sloppy Sims would chow and scarf down their food while neat Sims took one bite at a time...Sims 3 and 4 everyone eats the same. :\
    @ArilyBoo‌ Useful stuff. Thank you.

Having played some Sims 2 now, I think I would kill for an updated version of the UC. The detail still blows me away. Sims 4 was my first experience of the Sims and I loved it (and still do), but I really do see why 4 is accused of being lightweight in comparison to 2.

The image that I posted above, a couple of seconds after that...(I missed the shot, sadly)..he strokes her hair and then settles back down. Sims 4 animations lack these tiny details and they really do make a big difference.

I completely agree with you about the personality points. I feel like each sim you create is unique. Sims 4 would benefit from something like that to provide a little more subtlety - traits are pretty powerful.

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • honest_eyes96honest_eyes96 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ratsrbest said:
    > I think the Sim Blender by twojeffs would be useful to you. You can find at a site called Simbology.
    >
    > It's an extremely useful mod if you like tweaking your Sims :)
    >
    > It looks like a small tree in a pot and can be found in Buy Mode - either Miscellaneous Items or Decorative, I believe.
    >
    > Oh - the Sim Surgery career reward can be a bit 'temperamental' and you may end up not liking the result. Best to Save before you use it - seriously the results can be catastrophic :D
    >
    >
    > AH - SORRY TO SHOUT BUT THIS IMPORTANT - you have to have the Pets ep or above for the Sim Blender to work.

hi, I'm new here and I just downloaded the sim blender, activated everything but I can't seem to find it.. no plant, mointain or smth. pls help. thank you
    p.s.: what do I do once I found it?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    The easiest thing to do if you just want to make some appearance changes is "UnlockCareerRewards" and grab Dr. Vu's plastic surgery machine. Then "Aspiration Level 5", which will guarantee a good result with the machine. I do it all the time and was glad when they added plastic surgery into Sims 3. I prefer in game stuff to mods or cheats when possible.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited December 2015

hi, I'm new here and I just downloaded the sim blender, activated everything but I can't seem to find it.. no plant, mointain or smth. pls help. thank you
    p.s.: what do I do once I found it?

Hi - well, it's been a long while since I played Sims 2 but let's see. It's in Buy Mode in the Miscellaneous section from what I can gather / remember. It's a potted ficus plant costing 10 simoleons.

When you say you've 'activated everything' do you mean you've enabled custom content?

Once you've found and bought it just place it somewhere handy on the lot. I can't recall how to use it but it's probably just a matter of clicking on it and selecting the option(s) you want. The best thing is it to put it in a household you're not too bothered about and have a little practice on an unwary Sim.

If things go awry you can always come out without saving, but definitely don't risk using it on any Sims that are precious to you until you know what you're up to :)

Post edited by ratsrbest on
    Don't feed the trolls
  • RhiaSimRhiaSim Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2018
    Before Origin, when I used to play TS2 I swear there was a cheat. I remember changing the sims face shape and everything, was my favourite thing to do in the Sims 2 University.
    Post edited by RhiaSim on
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    RhiaSim wrote: »
    Before Origin, when I used to play TS2 there was a cheat called 'editincas' but it's just not there anymore.

@RhiaSim There was no editincas cheat with Sims 2. I think you're confusing Sims 2 with Sims 3 or possibly even Sims 4.
  • ohjustmehereohjustmehere Posts: 2 New Member
    Hii. I have a mac, re-bought sims 2 with the apple store after my pc broke forever. There's this annoying bug where the lightest skin tone works everywhere but the face. My sim's skin was fine as a teenager, but she went she grew into a young adult there's suddenly a line on her neck where tanner skin starts. I tried downloading the sim blender, but i when i click on it, my mac says that i have no way to open the file. literally i've never modded before, i'm just so heckin annoyed by her face's different complexion that i'll pretty much try whatever just to get everything the same tone.
  • ohjustmehereohjustmehere Posts: 2 New Member
    PS: I tried the cosmetic surgery machine, but i don't see any option for changing skin tone.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @ohjustmehere For that you'll need to use SimPE. The cosmetic surgery machine just changes facial features, like real life plastic surgery would.