Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty a game completely?

2...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I only do to a very limited extent. At this point, I have gotten rid of a few premade sims that I don't like.
    Lots are limited in this game, so I am in the process of merging a few households, especially those consisting of one person.
    If I reach the maximum number of sims, I will get rid of some premade sims so I can proceed making my own (or downloading from gallery).

I like having a bustling city, so I would have no reason to mass delete sims, unless I had an adequate amount of sims to replace them.

Unless I want them housed for easier contact (so my Sims can visit), I tend to put the single households directly into the Not in World population. I'll use the CL apartments and some of my smaller houses for them if I want to have them housed. Now that we've got better controls on culling I don't mind leaving the singles in Not In World so they're still around for the NPC jobs but not taking up houses I might want for my YA Sims when they move from the family homestead.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have about 130 sims in my game and virtually all of them are of my own design. For service sims, I let the game generate them and then edit those sims in CAS and remove/add traits to taste. You can reduce the amount of generated sims by reducing lots that generate them - each bar needs a couple of barkeeps and some barflys,less bars existing and/or visited then less sims. This allows some control over the size of the game you want to play - stay in one neighborhood with one bar, you will only ever have to edit two barkeeps.

There are a couple of mods/cheats to help. MCCC allows you to simply select any sim in the game and edit just that sim in CAS. After editing, you will simply drop back into your game with your new shiny looking bar person.

Do not alter traits in CAS as the sim can keep a remnant of the removed trait with the odd related negative moodlet popping up - e.g. needs to play video game if the removed trait was Geek.

Traits should be added/removed by turning cheats on and then Shift+click the sim and use the option there to add/remove traits.

Of course, you can use CAS if you want the trait remnant to add a wrinkle to the sim.

MCCC also offers some other population control functions.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    I delete all of the premades before I start any new save. Then I bulldoze all those lots, replace them with my own builds and move in my Sims from my gallery.

I've got a template save where I've redone the town (mostly -- I go in stages between updatng the worlds) and only have my base game families in. That way I don't have to redo everything. Plus, I have some lots I want to keep in, for example my Arts and Science Center in Newcrest because I have a completely built and upgraded rocket there so it's easier for my Sims to go to space for collectables.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Ah. And LilSimsie just released a new version of her save... yesterday I think. Gonna do that one next.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    ...I think I'll actually transfer my sims over to the new LilSimsie save.
    A completely empty game was an interesting idea but her stuff is so well made.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited May 2018
    Could I do this but then upturned with MCCC? Like, fill a world with only premades and my legacy starter Sim? Or would the game bug out on me then?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Could I do this but then upturned with MCCC? Like, fill a world with only premades and my legacy starter Sim? Or would the game bug out on me then?

That's what I did; MCCC will cause the game to stutter for a few in-game days when it assigns jobs to everyone. Of course I also left everyone Not In World, so I got a massive wave of moving in and out of houses the second sim week.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2018
    I often start new saves with special downloaded sims, lately with @midnitetech 's empty world, and before that there were other people who provided (almost) empty saves. My most liked sims are preserved through the tray importer, and the Goths etc. are easy to find in the gallery or anywhere. However, I really don't like or need the Landgraab's. ... Evil folk!!!! ;) B) .... But it IS a lot of work to fill a new world with new houses. I love to download houses from the gallery, and in one save only there wouldn't be enough space for all of them. So different worlds, and always again an empty one (just started a new empty world - of midnitetech - some days ago). I also use the reduced townie generating and similar tools, MCCC as well. And I'm always happy if I don't have to see the face of Moira What's Her Name >:) (the green finger girl) ever so often... I'm very quick to take her club away from her and make it waaay better!!!
    Post edited by PinkHairGuitar on
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    nicole1174 wrote: »
    I often start new saves with special downloaded sims, latetely with @midnitetech 's empty world, and before that there were other people who provided (almost) empty saves. My most liked sims are preserved through the tray importer, and the Goths etc. are easy to find in the gallery or anywhere. However, I really don't like or need the Landgraab's. ... Evil folk!!!! ;-))))) .... But it IS a lot of work to fill a new world with new houses. I love to download houses from the gallery, and in one save only there wouldn't be enough space for all of them. So different worlds, and always again an empty one (just started a new empty world - of midnitetech - some days ago). I also use the reduced townie generating and similar tools, MCCC as well. And I'm always happy if I don't have to see the face of Moira What's Her Name (the green finger girl) ever so often... I'm very quick to take her club away from her and make it waaay better!!!

Hope you like my save!! <3Here's the link for anyone interested :) and you can use THIS to rename your own new saves! Happy Simming!
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I do the same i delete nearly every premades except the ones in myshuno,windenburg and tge pancakes and goths.
    After I wiped them from existence, i fill the houses with my own sims.
    To control the horrible deformed townies I downloaded some mod that slows down tge generation of them by ALOT.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2018
    @midnitetech : Yeah, thank you, I absolutely like your saves, because they are really EMPTY!!!! <3:)B) I was, however, relieved to find that the apartments in San Myshuno weren't emptied out of furniture. I had that in someone else's empty save, but not in yours. So really: Thanks a bunch!!!! :)
    I also tried lilsimie's saves, but there were toooo many people and it was such work to evict them. But she has great clubs. I'm glad to learn that she's updated her world, so I could try that also. But the real empty worlds are great if you don't mind spending the time to set all the houses and sims. I find it way better than every random generated sims and I also prefer the houses of my fav creators.
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
    edited May 2018
    I don't have the patience of adding everything (besides I am sure I would forget things).
    That said I am currently creating "LilSimsies Save 3.5" on my computer where I tweak a few things (add lot traits mainly, and evict a few sims that are just boring to make room for my own. Plus I'm sorry, but Gilmore Girls sims get deleted completely. I don't want "Celbrity Sims" in my game. Also her pick for a house in the "nowhere" lot in WIndenburg is just... wrong to me. It will be replaced by a modern style one without palm trees.

My plan is to use that save as my default starter from now on (instead of Vanilla or LilSimsies actually new save (3.0).

That said I am planning to then, again, empty this one completely but instead of putting random sims in actually take my time and pick Sims that looks interesting from the gallery.
    I will keep Vlad, beacause without him the game will randomly generate a "master vampire", and I don't want it to randomly grab one of the Sims I put in and turn him or her into a Master vampire for no other reason than Story.

• DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I once started a game by deleting all of the sims and then filling up homes with some self-made sims. But I ended up feeling it was too much effort and started a different game.

However, I now play legacy with MCCC installed which stops townie sims from culling. It also lets townies have babies and get married. Since I started this game, non of the pre-made sims exist anymore. I re-dress -all- of my townies which makes the game so enjoyable to play, knowing which family each sim belongs to and seeing them dressed well all the time. :smiley:

Though, I spend waaay too much time playing the game this way. :lol:
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    Deleting premades should be a crime!!! I would never delete my Maxis children. Plus they die off and have kids anyways if you have aging and MCCC and I find that I get more unique looking Sims by just editing the ones already in game to have better fashion sense and less extreme facial features because if I just make everyone from scratch they'd all start looking the same.

I actually do want to do this though. To the people that have done this, how much faster does "playing with genetics" make the process go by?
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I have a save where I kept the premades, added in the ones from maxiscreator and let MCCC pair them up and have kids, then I saved the nice looking offspring to my library and currently use them to populate other saves.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I have never deleted them but I do go into cas in full edit mode and completely recreate them
  • MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member
    MoonsKisu wrote: »
    I delete EVERYONE, and use my blank renamed world save file. Along with NPC Control to stop new sims being generated, and MC Command Center to get rid of vamps, I then fill my world with sims from the gallery (usually silrosse's) and so long as I have enough, and I'm close to the set sim limit in game, I NEVER get any new sims spawning.

How do you stop new Sims being generated?

With NPC Control from mod the sims. It uses your current sims, instead of spawning new ones.

I seem to still have sims spawning even though I've got it set not to. So frustrating. Spend half my play time giving townies make overs.

You do have to have a base level of sims to do some of the jobs using it. Also did you use the most updated version? It got updated not long ago.

Yep, I'm a patreon supporter so I'm always sure to have it up to date. Kinda love this mod lol. I made almost 100 townies to put into my latest save and yet the game is still making the ugliest sims who have to wear every accessory ever created all at once (ok slight exaggeration but it feels that way sometimes.) MCCC doesn't seem to be having any impact on my townies and I'm not sure why. I've kind of just given up hope that it'll change and have resigned myself to doing sim-weekly townie makeovers. I even have it set to 2 townies allowed (I know it needs more for certain situations) and yet 15 more just popped up today.
    I decided to keep them this time around, but fill the "townie" bin with tons of downloaded sims and let MCCC "breed" them (but not letting them move into real houses. Also, culling OFF, so if the game starts stuttering or there's too many ghosts I'll have to manually delete people.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I only recently deleted most of the premades, bar my favourites.

I kept meaning to get around to playing them. But frankly a lot of them are just plain boring and I'm never really going to play them. So I nipped my weird premade hoarding in the bud.

Unfortunately, I suck at building, so I wouldn't have the courage to start from scratch on that front.
    I don't SUCK at it, but I have a major lack of patience. :)