March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hi! I'm Tutty! I've been a Simmer since sometime not too long before 2013. I have all four games but haven't actually played the first. I joined here for help with a mod. I'm open to chat with anyone else!

Hello @TuttyGamer8 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since around 2013. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time simming! It is great that you own all four versions of the game. They each have their own uniquely special features sims feature.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and chatting with fellow simmers, and find helpful tips about playing the game.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Tutty! I've been a Simmer since sometime not too long before 2013. I have all four games but haven't actually played the first. I joined here for help with a mod. I'm open to chat with anyone else!

It is nice that you have been simming since around 2013. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time simming! It is great that you own all four versions of the game. They each have their own uniquely special features sims feature.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and chatting with fellow simmers, and find helpful tips about playing the game.

Hi @rosemow! My experiences have been very fun! Thank you! :)
    rosemow wrote: »

Hi @rosemow! My experiences have been very fun! Thank you! :)

You’re welcome :)
  • taylahhrctaylahhrc Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm Taylah, I'm here because I need help with a bug but oh well, who knows what will happen?
    taylahhrc wrote: »
    I'm Taylah, I'm here because I need help with a bug but oh well, who knows what will happen?

Hello @taylahhrc :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I am sorry that you are having game issues. Because you are unable to start a new thread because you are a new member, you are welcome to post in these threads.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest

Happy simming! :)
  • SimpIyMeganSimpIyMegan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hiya (: I'm Megan, I'm an experienced Sims 4 player who has just found this website. I spend a lot of my free time playing the sims and things like that. Since I don't use the gallery on the sims 4 I love to build and create my own stuff. I hope I can help some people with there questions in the future.

Megan ;))
    Hiya (: I'm Megan, I'm an experienced Sims 4 player who has just found this website. I spend a lot of my free time playing the sims and things like that. Since I don't use the gallery on the sims 4 I love to build and create my own stuff. I hope I can help some people with there questions in the future.

Megan ;))

Hello @SimplyMegan :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is great that you enjoy building homes and venues in Sims 4. It is great that we can enjoy bringing our design ideas into sims gameform! We can enjioy building in a variety of diffreent styles and colour schemes
  • evildeadfan102evildeadfan102 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello my name is EDF and I love the sims 4. I have played over 300 hours on it. Actually getting close to 400 hours. I have started a Sims 4 youtube series but I can't post it just yet. Anyway I love gaming, anime, Lucy Heartfilia and my girlfriend. I'm also writing a novel series.
    So I have a discord channel for my The Sims 4 series. Anyone can join if they want.
    My discord.gg/HUQYWP
    My series revolves around Kelly Stevens and Jade Taylor and the romance that happens.
    Hello my name is EDF and I love the sims 4. I have played over 300 hours on it. Actually getting close to 400 hours. I have started a Sims 4 youtube series but I can't post it just yet. Anyway I love gaming, anime, Lucy Heartfilia and my girlfriend. I'm also writing a novel series.

Hello @evildeadfan102 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have played The Sims 4 close to 400 hours! They would have been fun, happy and enjoyable hours that you spent simming!
    It is very special you have your own YouTube simming channel ! :) Simmers would enjoy watching your sim videos. You may like to post a link to it on a thread in the Video Haven section of the forums when you become a full member and can then post links.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
    I hope that your writing of the novels continues to go well. Writing is a special way of expressing our creativity and thoughts in a written form.
  • evildeadfan102evildeadfan102 Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you. I always love playing The Sims. The sims 4 is the best Sims game in my opinion. Once I become a full member I will post it in that section. Also thank you about my writing. I am sure I will enjoy this forum.
    So I have a discord channel for my The Sims 4 series. Anyone can join if they want.
    My discord.gg/HUQYWP
    My series revolves around Kelly Stevens and Jade Taylor and the romance that happens.
    Thank you. I always love playing The Sims. The sims 4 is the best Sims game in my opinion. Once I become a full member I will post it in that section. Also thank you about my writing. I am sure I will enjoy this forum.

You’re welcome :)
  • Everafter505Everafter505 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi. My name is Jenny but you can call me Everafter505. I love The Sims. It's my all time favourite franchise.
    Hi. My name is Jenny but you can call me Everafter505. I love The Sims. It's my all time favourite franchise.

Hello @Everafter505 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Simming is very enjoyable and fun! There are many special parts of simming, from creating sims to building homes for the sims to enjoy living in, and then playing them in the game!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads and learn new helpful tips about playing the game.
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    I'm new sort of. I could swear i was already a member of the official Sims forum but perhaps since the time of TS2 something changed. Anyway I don't own TS4 or even TS3. My intention was originally to get TS3 after all the expantions were out but by then TS4 was on its way and so i abandoned that idea. Now that TS4 has been out for some time I am contemplating buying. I hope there forums are active enough that once I can post my thread for advice I'll be able to make a decision.
    StoneRyno wrote: »
    I'm new sort of. I could swear i was already a member of the official Sims forum but perhaps since the time of TS2 something changed. Anyway I don't own TS4 or even TS3. My intention was originally to get TS3 after all the expantions were out but by then TS4 was on its way and so i abandoned that idea. Now that TS4 has been out for some time I am contemplating buying. I hope there forums are active enough that once I can post my thread for advice I'll be able to make a decision.

Hello @StoneRyno :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    There was a change in the forums when Sims 4 was released, and this current forums is a different version from the old forums.
    It is nice that you been playing Sims 2. Each version of the sims game is very enjoyable and fun to play! There are lots of helpful simmers on the forums that play Sims 3 and Sims 4 , and will offer help and advice when you make your thread when you become a full member.
  • outcastsimmeroutcastsimmer Posts: 45 Member
    Hello! Im Dee, 25 from Asia.
    I have been playing Sims since I was 12 if that counts, i'm more into building than the actual gameplay & sometimes my butt hurts from seating because of building the entire day.
    I worked in advertising since I was 19 & left when I turned 24 to work on a farm and promote sustainable living.
    Im living off produce by produce & I do designer lamps on the side & deliver them to private clients.
    For the sims, I love building small villas 20x20 / 30x20 and small restaurants & retail lots.
    If you want to see my creations my gallery name is OUTCASTSIMMER & I hope we can connect in many different ways, I also have twitter which is purely dedicated for my sim's builds & mishaps.

Love from Asia,
    -DEE
    deeagdon wrote: »
    Hello! Im Dee, 25 from Asia.
    I have been playing Sims since I was 12 if that counts, i'm more into building than the actual gameplay & sometimes my butt hurts from seating because of building the entire day.
    I worked in advertising since I was 19 & left when I turned 24 to work on a farm and promote sustainable living.
    Im living off produce by produce & I do designer lamps on the side & deliver them to private clients.
    For the sims, I love building small villas 20x20 / 30x20 and small restaurants & retail lots.
    If you want to see my creations my gallery name is OUTCASTSIMMER & I hope we can connect in many different ways, I also have twitter which is purely dedicated for my sim's builds & mishaps.

Love from Asia,
    -DEE

Hello @deeagdon :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have simming since you were a child. You would have many happy memories of playing the Sims as you were growing up.
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is enjoyable bringing our design ideas into sims gameform. It is nice that you enjoy creating small villas on smaller lots, as well as small restaurants and retail lots. Those type of builds are very nice homes for our sims to enjoy living, or venues for our sims to enjoy visiting.
    It is great that you work on a farm and live off the produce. Your designer lamps would be very special for people to have in their homes.
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Hi all! I am a long time sims player. My passions are gaming (all the sims pc games + quite a few others), dogs and boys (not necessarily in that order). Other than gaming and doing dog stuff (we do agility, rally and service visits), I have to admit that I still play a certain non-computer game that requires polyhedral dice, graph paper and a suitable dungeon (basement) to play in, and I have been seen ghosting around comic and sci-fi conventions (don't ask about cosplay - of course!!). I am a cc nut and my favorite part of character creation (in any game I play) is fleshing out a character's story - then playing it correctly (some of my peeps say this makes me kinda schizophrenic - but I am of two minds on that opinion). See you around the forums!
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    kirivian wrote: »
    Hi all! I am a long time sims player. My passions are gaming (all the sims pc games + quite a few others), dogs and boys (not necessarily in that order). Other than gaming and doing dog stuff (we do agility, rally and service visits), I have to admit that I still play a certain non-computer game that requires polyhedral dice, graph paper and a suitable dungeon (basement) to play in, and I have been seen ghosting around comic and sci-fi conventions (don't ask about cosplay - of course!!). I am a cc nut and my favorite part of character creation (in any game I play) is fleshing out a character's story - then playing it correctly (some of my peeps say this makes me kinda schizophrenic - but I am of two minds on that opinion). See you around the forums!

Hello @kirivian :)
    It is great that you have been enjoying playing The Sims for a long time. There is lots of great cc to enjoy using in our games! The cc modding community is very talented! It is kind and thoughtful of modders to share their cc creations with fellow simmers. It has been great reading the background details of the sims that you have been posting on a challenge thread. When there is a background story to a sim, it is fun and enjoyable to see how their story develops in our game. With you involved in doing dog interests, you would enjoy having dogs as pets for your sims in your games.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    Hello all!
    I'm a very very very old Sims Allstar, that means I've been playing the Sims since they were born! ... While the Sims 1 were still new, even my now husband who rather likes Action and Shooter-Games sat with me all those years ago in a wee crammed office in my parents house, and we both played the sims on very old computers. Outside the sun was shining, but we had the room darkened and were fixed on the Sims. Our parents used to say: "Kids, you have to go OUT to breath some air, be in nature!!!" ... Well, we were out with our Sims, especially with the fishing pond in Sims 1 where the Sims used to make a strange sound like "Neee pleb pleb" while fishing. LOL!!!
    - Sorry that I can't edit this text or make it look better (Smileys and all don't show up), cause I'm no member yet. -
    I used to be on the Exchange from the beginning.
    When the Sims 2 came out (which my husband didn't play anymore), he almost fell off his chair laughing, because I really really started to CRY when I saw how REAL the Sims 2 looked, how the hair was, how they could wear makeup etc. At that time I even created our own family (now after years of marriage I prefer to play in a fantasy world!!! B) ).
    I went through all the Sims 2 life, then the Sims 3 (in which I preferred building and most of all that sunny island... what was that name?... it was a very very sunny neighborhood with palms and beach from the store... felt like holiday all the time!). My daughter loved that holistic plaything from Into the Future.
    Because of the Sims we always had to update my computer or buy a new one. The Sims 3, however, never really worked well after every expansion and additional content (AND loads of cc...).
    Then came the Sims 4, and (here it's also true with every announcement of upcoming content - apart from the "hamster pack" - , that my husband finds me in tears when I watch the trailers) this was again a totally different experience. I again build people of real life (but not our family) and I still remember when Get Together was released and my favourite Sim died in the Shrieking Llama while playing the Lama-table-game (sorry, don't know the English name). God, I was devastated!!!! I went off the game for weeks, like shellshocked. It took me a while to find out or find mods to stop mood deaths, while meanwhile I enjoy them for some time. Only because I know how to get every sim alive again!! - For example, I had a hilarious time in a restaurant that was decorated in extreme playful design, and customers dropped dead all the time. Grim is always a foodie in my game, so he had his fun, too.
    My daughter, now a teenager, also likes the Sims, but she never got into them like me. She's more the plants and zombies type and likes games like her father. ... They both look at me as if I'd lost it once again when something in the Sims makes me cry, some new pack comes up, some fav creator leaves the community or...it's patchday again. With crying and gnashing of teeth I fear patch days!!! (own fault, cause I like mods and cc)
    I hope the Sims will never go mobile only, because I don't play mobile games and still own an antique mobile that you can throw against the wall and it won't crash. It's just for emergency calls and sms. Our whole family is not into the "smart" business, cause we really don't GET SMART, even though we like the movie. We stay dumb with dumbphones.
    I think I'll always stay with the sims as long as the main game is for PC and I imagine myself as a very unsmart and dumb granny, simsing along and yelling "nooo, another patch!"... However, loving the game. Don't know why. Daughter and hubby always try to get me into some other game, but I can only stick to it for some weeks. Then back to the sims.
    - And THAT was my long story. If I'm ready for the loony bin again because of the Sims, I just play the asylum challenge or so. But up to now I've never managed to play someone evil for a long time. My most hated trait is "doesn't like children" (even though I sometimes can understand it in those teenage ups and downs here). And I don't know why the game likes to give kids and even toddlers (not to mention other randoms) the most negative traits. ... Here again thanks to all modders who gave me ways to change that so that my sims world is completely customized - until a new patch kicks in and I have to sort every content away and back again. .... So please, developers and money men, don't let this game die!!!! Not for mobile or anything. :) :'(
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
    Hello @nicole1174 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very special reading about your simming experiences, through the different versions and now <3 It is very nice that simming and your sims are very special to you. We do become very close to our sims. The sunny sims 3 store world is Sunlit Tides.
    Thankyou for sharing your simming story of your life through the years since the original Sims 1 was released :)
    May the time,ahead continue to hold many special simming moments in your game.
  • PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow !!! I don't know if it's really healthy to love a game THAT much (and, of course, I don't love everything). ... I remember times when I discussed in some forum about patches and sorting content out or even starting a new save, and people there talked to me like to some insane weirdo: "Hey, it's only a game!!!! Only a GAME!"... I'm really attached to my sims. But I DID have months without playing. But to stop forever? Something always draws me back in... ;-)
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
    nicole1174 wrote: »
    Thank you, @rosemow !!! I don't know if it's really healthy to love a game THAT much (and, of course, I don't love everything). ... I remember times when I discussed in some forum about patches and sorting content out or even starting a new save, and people there talked to me like to some insane weirdo: "Hey, it's only a game!!!! Only a GAME!"... I'm really attached to my sims. But I DID have months without playing. But to stop forever? Something always draws me back in... ;-)

You’re welcome :) Simming is not “ only a game”! Our sims and simming can become a special part of our lives :)
  • julucindajulucinda Posts: 30 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been playing sims for years and have been apart of the actual simmer community for about a year and a half now. So excited to finally be a part of all this :smile:
    julucinda wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been playing sims for years and have been apart of the actual simmer community for about a year and a half now. So excited to finally be a part of all this :smile:

Hello @julucinda :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy posting in the threads about the sims that are in your game and your simming experiences,as well as enjoying learning new tips about playing the game as you read the forum threads. Simming is fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top