Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculations 2018 (Bug Fixes Only)

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Maybe bring in burglars and two lot-traits - one that makes them happen more often, and one that makes them happen LESS often. Like high crime and low crime neighbourhoods. You could make up for My First Pet with more free pet clothes too.

I feel like (hope?) the next patch will bring something new and free that they're doing in a big lump sum - why do it in two patches when you can do it in one?

Great stuff last year was Pets and Jungle Adventure, both of which went down fairly well; Stuff Packs always have a luke-warm reception.

If we get burglers that means we'll have to get Npc cops and burgler alarms as well.

that would be great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe bring in burglars and two lot-traits - one that makes them happen more often, and one that makes them happen LESS often. Like high crime and low crime neighbourhoods. You could make up for My First Pet with more free pet clothes too.

I feel like (hope?) the next patch will bring something new and free that they're doing in a big lump sum - why do it in two patches when you can do it in one?

Great stuff last year was Pets and Jungle Adventure, both of which went down fairly well; Stuff Packs always have a luke-warm reception.

If we get burglers that means we'll have to get Npc cops and burgler alarms as well.

that would be great

Seconded. The base game just doesn't feel complete without all the basic NPCs.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • xpashexpashe Posts: 1 New Member
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > comicsforlife wrote: »
    >
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > Loanet wrote: »
    >
    > Maybe bring in burglars and two lot-traits - one that makes them happen more often, and one that makes them happen LESS often. Like high crime and low crime neighbourhoods. You could make up for My First Pet with more free pet clothes too.
    >
    > I feel like (hope?) the next patch will bring something new and free that they're doing in a big lump sum - why do it in two patches when you can do it in one?
    >
    > Great stuff last year was Pets and Jungle Adventure, both of which went down fairly well; Stuff Packs always have a luke-warm reception.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If we get burglers that means we'll have to get Npc cops and burgler alarms as well.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > that would be great
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seconded. The base game just doesn't feel complete without all the basic NPCs.

I know we get this every now and then with NPCs walking by(looking at you Vlad), but I LOVED when you'd get peeping toms, obsessed stalkers, etc! It made there an actual reason for there to be blinds in your house aside for aesthetics.

PS: I would also love the option to have blinds closed/opened - I know that's a long shot but something like the lighting thing (this room, all rooms) would be awesome!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    xpashe wrote: »
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > comicsforlife wrote: »
    >
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > Loanet wrote: »
    >
    > Maybe bring in burglars and two lot-traits - one that makes them happen more often, and one that makes them happen LESS often. Like high crime and low crime neighbourhoods. You could make up for My First Pet with more free pet clothes too.
    >
    > I feel like (hope?) the next patch will bring something new and free that they're doing in a big lump sum - why do it in two patches when you can do it in one?
    >
    > Great stuff last year was Pets and Jungle Adventure, both of which went down fairly well; Stuff Packs always have a luke-warm reception.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If we get burglers that means we'll have to get Npc cops and burgler alarms as well.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > that would be great
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seconded. The base game just doesn't feel complete without all the basic NPCs.

I know we get this every now and then with NPCs walking by(looking at you Vlad), but I LOVED when you'd get peeping toms, obsessed stalkers, etc! It made there an actual reason for there to be blinds in your house aside for aesthetics.

PS: I would also love the option to have blinds closed/opened - I know that's a long shot but something like the lighting thing (this room, all rooms) would be awesome!

This is actually a good idea too. It would be like toggling the lights, and it's relatively simple (compared to other big features). Maybe the most laborious part is coming up with open versions of all the blinds in the game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    :( *sigh*

Most likely it will be a Thursday Patch this month. Don't give up. We have a new community manager now SimGuruKate. Maybe she can get the ball rolling.

Did you notice that all the official comments about TS4 "being far from over" in the last days emphasized that more great content is coming THIS YEAR. I'm curious what next year will bring ...

I don't know. I mean, on one hand, I'd like to certainly think so, but on the other, I feel like they just don't want players to lose interest. I'm probably wrong on the latter option, but it's still a thought.

Simguru Kate: "We have some amazing things coming this year and I can't wait for you to experience it all … It's going to be a GREAT year!"

CEO Andrew Wilson: "We have a great deal more content coming to our PC players this year."

As a foreign speaker I would like to know if this wording doesn't sound remarkable to native speakers. I'm working in a marketing department and write such announcements often ... in January. Wishing readers a great year in May is as strange as giving them a calendar as an advertising present in May. This year is half over. They could have simply said: "A lot of content is coming in the future" or "The game will be continued for a long time." For me it sounds as if 2019 will bring TS5 or the PC franchise will end.

He is probably talking about this fiscal year. That started at the beginning of April.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Most likely it will be a Thursday Patch this month. Don't give up. We have a new community manager now SimGuruKate. Maybe she can get the ball rolling.

Did you notice that all the official comments about TS4 "being far from over" in the last days emphasized that more great content is coming THIS YEAR. I'm curious what next year will bring ...

I don't know. I mean, on one hand, I'd like to certainly think so, but on the other, I feel like they just don't want players to lose interest. I'm probably wrong on the latter option, but it's still a thought.

Simguru Kate: "We have some amazing things coming this year and I can't wait for you to experience it all … It's going to be a GREAT year!"

CEO Andrew Wilson: "We have a great deal more content coming to our PC players this year."

As a foreign speaker I would like to know if this wording doesn't sound remarkable to native speakers. I'm working in a marketing department and write such announcements often ... in January. Wishing readers a great year in May is as strange as giving them a calendar as an advertising present in May. This year is half over. They could have simply said: "A lot of content is coming in the future" or "The game will be continued for a long time." For me it sounds as if 2019 will bring TS5 or the PC franchise will end.

He is probably talking about this fiscal year. That started at the beginning of April.
    I agree. He was talking about fiscal year 2019 which ends in March 2019. But it doesn’t really do much difference because TS5 still isn’t expected before the autumn of 2019 even if it is announced already at EA Play next month.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    When they say "PC", they mean Mac as well right ?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I'm not giving up, but it's hard to not feel kind of abandoned at the same time. It would just be nice to hear something. Now no patch Thursday either :( . It's like being stuck on a loading screen right now.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

I'm not giving up, but it's hard to not feel kind of abandoned at the same time. It would just be nice to hear something. Now no patch Thursday either :( . It's like being stuck on a loading screen right now.

If you have Twitter, go look at SimGuruGrant’s latest tweets. Lots of interaction with fans this week. You won’t feel so in the dark after that. I think things are going to improve now that we have a community manager again as well.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    When they say "PC", they mean Mac as well right ?

Yes. PC is often used as a general term for both Windows computers and Mac computers :)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Thanks Brindleton! I got a bit confused because here (France) PC mostly refers to Windows computers.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I really want the eyebrow and painting glitch to be fixed

Is that the one where the forehead suddenly becomes a bit wider when editing the eyebrows?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I really want the eyebrow and painting glitch to be fixed

Is that the one where the forehead suddenly becomes a bit wider when editing the eyebrows?

I think this is where you get 2 different colored eyebrows but I'm not sure.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like maybe the patch is later because it's bigger. Hopefully.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I feel like maybe the patch is later because it's bigger. Hopefully.

I'd like to believe that as well but maybe there's a couple bugs they can't figure out because it's quite a lot of them or they need to prepare something about the game for the upcoming EAplay release?
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    Since this was replied yesterday, we can expect a patch today

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I wonder if there are some kind of terrain or build tools coming? Wasn't Grant asking people on twitter what they most wanted for that stuff?

Omg my mind is melting with all of the possibilities of what could be coming. I'll never be able to concentrate at work today.
    #Team Occult
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Corvinow wrote: »

He answered a question about the console game though. So the mentioned patch is for that game.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

That's Console, isn't it?
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

He answered a question about the console game though. So the mentioned patch is for that game.

Ugh ok sorry console people but Im starting to hate console now they're getting all the attention now and PC which has always been the main focus for Sims has been in drought
    Miss the good old pc days
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2018
    graventhe wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »

Ugh ok sorry console people but Im starting to hate console now they're getting all the attention now and PC which has always been the main focus for Sims has been in drought
    Miss the good old pc days

Well thats because there's still a lot of packs we alrdy have on pc to come out on console, PLUS there's different teams so the pc team (which is quite big) is still working on pc as we speak. There's just a bit of a drought but that's normal for this time of year, plus we didn't have a community manager and EAplay is next month.

They also said PC and Console will not have a patch on the same day this month for idk what reasons.
    So that can either mean that we're getting some freestuff, there's harder bugs to fix OR they're preparing the game in preparation for the next pack.
    Post edited by Gelysen on
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

Well that makes sense since they had just released a patch note for the console version just moments ago. And lately they have been releasing a PC game patch on the day or the day after the console patch comes out.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm actually quite surprised that it's the middle of May and I've heard nothing about a patch this month yet...for PC anyway.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm actually quite surprised that it's the middle of May and I've heard nothing about a patch this month yet...for PC anyway.
    We have just gotten a new Global Community Manager, and it's SimGuruKate. It may take SimGuruKate awhile to get on track as far as Sims/PC info goes. But since they have released a game patch for the console version today. We can expect to see a PC game patch to follow very shortly. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

That was for the console not the pc.