Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baking with Children

ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

I would love there to be a cooking/baking interaction with children. I know we had the kids oven in The Sims 3 but it would be great if an child and parent could bake or cook together and get into a lot of mess! I use the baking stand and lemonade stand (Store content) all the time in my Sims 3 games.

Happy Simming :smile:
http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ChazLee86 wrote: »
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I would love there to be a cooking/baking interaction with children. I know we had the kids oven in The Sims 3 but it would be great if an child and parent could bake or cook together and get into a lot of mess! I use the baking stand and lemonade stand (Store content) all the time in my Sims 3 games. <br />
    <br />

Love this idea so much!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    food fights could also be possible if either baker was "angry" or "Tense"
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • GrinSaturdayGrinSaturday Posts: 45 Member
    Yes, it would be fun if kids could help with some of the everyday things their parents do, like cooking and cleaning and such. It would make the game more lifelike :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    and and more story depth cooking with Nana
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ckrulesinakckrulesinak Posts: 407 Member
    food fights could also be possible if either baker was "angry" or "Tense"
    OMP yes! I miss my kids making me muffins :/

Be kind :)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Oooh, this sounds like a really cute idea! I would love to see that.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Hi,

I would love there to be a cooking/baking interaction with children. I know we had the kids oven in The Sims 3 but it would be great if an child and parent could bake or cook together and get into a lot of mess! I use the baking stand and lemonade stand (Store content) all the time in my Sims 3 games.

great idea they haven't done it yet smh
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Would love this feature. It's weirdly something I've always thought about IRL when I think of my future children.. Baking with them. I'll start with Sims though. 'Cause Sims kids are easier.
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    I really do miss the kids oven in the Sims 3. They need to bring it back. Their muffins and cookies were so cute!
  • misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    Yes! This is such a cute idea!! I would love to have this as an activity for kids to do with teens / parents / elders! Hopefully they bring back the mini oven for the kids! I would love for the parents to react to the kids helping by either smiling at them or laughing if they do something silly. To get toddlers involved, maybe there can be an interaction where one of the parents pick up the toddler and have them lick the frosting or something cute like that since they probably won't be able to participate in the baking. This idea is just so cute!
  • sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    That would be so cool and awesome! :D I wish they do sometime. :wink: :smiley:
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Great idea! Would love something like this as well as the return of the kids oven. :)
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I could definitely see them introducing a feature like this into a Seasons Pack.

But this would be so much fun!

Baking with kids and parents!

Also, I miss the Baking Oven for kids as well!

I hope they bring the oven back AND the lemonade stand!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want this @SimGuruKate isn't this a nice idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That would be so cute, as well as gardening together and interacting in the pool.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    That would be so cute, as well as gardening together and interacting in the pool.

I agree
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2018
    That would be nice, even with teens, having them help rather than having everyone cook their own stuff....and then lick the spoon and bowl afterwards :)
    Speaking of baking, I have a question, I read there's a baking skill in the sims 4 but my sims don't have it, even though they make cakes, pancakes, cookies, desserts, so technically they do bake ? I also know there's a cupcake making thing but given the size of that stuff I can't put it in my house.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    That would be nice, even with teens, having them help rather than having everyone cook their own stuff....and then lick the spoon and bowl afterwards :)
    Speaking of baking, I have a question, I read there's a baking skill in the sims 4 but my sims don't have it, even though they make cakes, pancakes, cookies, desserts, so technically they do bake ? I also know there's a cupcake making thing but given the size of that stuff I can't put it in my house.

so cute
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

You need the Sims 4: Get To Work to unlock the Baking skill.
  • sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    Oooh, this sounds like a really cute idea! I would love to see that.

I so agree with you ^^
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Hi,

This is an amazing idea! I love it! Please bring this to the sims 4! :)
    baking with children sounds like the name of a cookbook the witch in Hansel and Gretel would have lol
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    @SimGuruKate This is a great idea. Please talk to the developers/people in charge about it. Thank you.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS