Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello From Your New Community Manager!

SimGuruKateSimGuruKate Posts: 38 SimGuru (retired)
Sul Sul!

My name is SimGuruKate and you may have seen me around the world of The Sims Mobile a bit over the last year. I know it's been a bit quiet here since SimGuruDrake left. Well, today I am beyond thrilled to share that I have officially joined the team as the new Global Community Manager for The Sims 4. I have been an avid Simmer for the last 18 years, and have met some of my oldest friends through this incredible and passionate Community. I have also been working in the video game industry as a Community Manager for the last 12 years. That means that this job is an absolute dream come true for me as it combines two of my greatest passions.

I am so looking forward to working together with the Development Team to bring a deeper level of communication and excitement to The Sims 4. We have some amazing things coming this year and I cant wait for you to experience it all. The The Sims 4 is far from over, there are still so many more stories to tell.

You can still expect to see me around the world of The Sims Mobile though you may see a new face popup there in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out.

I am so excited for this next adventure and getting to know the community of The Sims 4 even better. It's going to be a GREAT year!

-SimGuruKate

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sul Sul!

My name is SimGuruKate and you may have seen me around the world of The Sims Mobile a bit over the last year. I know it's been a bit quiet here since SimGuruDrake left. Well, today I am beyond thrilled to share that I have officially joined the team as the new Global Community Manager for The Sims 4. I have been an avid Simmer for the last 18 years, and have met some of my oldest friends through this incredible and passionate Community. I have also been working in the video game industry as a Community Manager for the last 12 years. That means that this job is an absolute dream come true for me as it combines two of my greatest passions.

I am so looking forward to working together with the Development Team to bring a deeper level of communication and excitement to The Sims 4. We have some amazing things coming this year and I cant wait for you to experience it all. The The Sims 4 is far from over, there are still so many more stories to tell.

You can still expect to see me around the world of The Sims Mobile though you may see a new face popup there in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out.

I am so excited for this next adventure and getting to know the community of The Sims 4 even better. It's going to be a GREAT year!

-SimGuruKate

Welcome to the community.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    EEEKK!! Yay! Congrats @SimGuruKate!!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited May 2018
    Congratulations!!

Happy dance.
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    hi, @SimGuruKate! (BTW, i love your user picture.)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Was wondering why you've been a bit more talkative on Twitter. :) Congratulations on the new gig and don't let the plums get you down.

Does this mean some announcements in the near future? (Okay, okay, I know patience is a virtue...but no one's ever accused me of being virtuous. :D>:) )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Congrats Kate, no one deserves the position more than you! Wishing you well for your time as CM. :heart::smiley:
  • Options
    EA_MariEA_Mari Posts: 206 EA Community Manager
    Welcome, @SimGuruKate! Its a pleasure having you here.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Congratulations @SimGuruKate! I'm so incredibly happy for you <3
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    welcome
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Sul Sul!

-SimGuruKate

Such exciting news! I am ready for all of the exciting things to come :smile:
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you have become the new Community Manager! I hope that you settle in very well to your new position and enjoy very much your new role. Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Dreams really do come true. Seems like yours has and its great! Welcome to the position! :smiley:
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Yaaaaaaas @SimGuruKate <3
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Hello! Welcome and congrats! <3
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Welcome to the Community @SimGuruKate ! :smiley:
    I wish you enjoy with us your new role here.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    How'd I see that coming? Congratulations sweetie! It will be a pleasure getting to know you better, altho I feel as I already know you somewhat from all your twitter post! I hope you enjoy your time here and have an amazing time!
  • Options
    FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member
    So happy for you, Kate! Congratulations. I've really enjoyed watching you fill in for the position before it was finally filled. :D Looking forward to interacting with you more over the coming years! <3:D:)
    Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Ah, now it's worth checking the forums again. Hello!
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Woot! Congrats @SimGuruKate! :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Such amazing news Kate!!! So pleased we get to keep your friendly face as Community Manager!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Welcome to this side of the franchise. You're going to make a fantastic addition to the team! Congratulations.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    Congrats and welcome to the Community.

bears.gif