The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    Yes! I am awake for Go All In, and this one is cascading nicely!

WooHoo!!!

Oh, wait, forgot where I was.... I mean "Hurray!!!" LOL
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Thank you so much for your input @ZeeGee @Me1620 and @Jude525 ! and sorry for taking so long to answer!
    The thing with this laptop is that it's kinda old, with only 2 GB of ram (this actully hurts for some reason :joy: ), Windows 7 and Intel Core 2 1.80 GHz... I'm actually surprised it can run my mom's games (she plays games like Zuma Deluxe or Cradle of Rome :lol: )
    So, sometimes when it gets hot the blue screen appears to prevent damage, last time it happened I got scared because I really was just checking the forums with like four tabs and in my opinion the temperature wasn't that high... but then again the temperatures in my city have been weird, the last couple of days have been a little bit chilly but then we got the hot random day as if summer's already here... which just confirms my suspicion that this summer it's going to be even more helilsh :confounded: (I feel like in my state we only get one month of winter, a week of spring and the rest is inferno with no autumn in sight :lol: )

But going back to the laptop, I've decided to just use it when it's chilly... BUT today I got good news!
    Tomorrow I'll be able to finally buy my new laptop!! :bawling::lol:
    Man, it's been a long way since my old laptop died (the tech guy still hasn't repaired it!!! :rage: already asked for it to be returned to me but even for that the guy it's taking his sweet time!) but in the next days, if life doesn't get in the way (please life, behave! :weary: ) I'll be able to play my games and navigate the forums with freedom! and the best thing, I won't have to rely on the keyboard on screen thingy!! :love:
    Ahhh, so excited guys! :heart:

Also, I did get my green button with Go All In Compilation! and thanks to that I got Vineyard Villa Furnishings for free in the October 2011 Compilation! (I already had Boho Vintage Men's Collection) two compilations down, now five more to go! :blush:

I hope you guys are fine! :heart:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    I don't Know if anyone has seen this yet but....
    Just Read This Notice ... A Little FYI ... & So you Know What's Up With The Pages Tomorrow!! ;)

Simmers,

On Tuesday, 15th May 2018 at 10am Pacific (check your local time here) we will be taking The Sims 3 offline for scheduled maintenance. We are scheduling the maintenance for 4 hours but we hope to bring things back online as soon as possible.

During this time, The Exchange, Community, My Page and Store will be unavailable. The Sims 3 will remain playable offline.

Found the Above In the EA. Answers Forum Pages... HUGS!!

Note: I posted this in the Old DD stalker page By mistake... So If this post twice Please forgive me. ;)o:)
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    HBSIMSTER wrote: »
    I don't Know if anyone has seen this yet but....
    Just Read This Notice ... A Little FYI ... & So you Know What's Up With The Pages Tomorrow!! ;)

Simmers,

On Tuesday, 15th May 2018 at 10am Pacific (check your local time here) we will be taking The Sims 3 offline for scheduled maintenance. We are scheduling the maintenance for 4 hours but we hope to bring things back online as soon as possible.

During this time, The Exchange, Community, My Page and Store will be unavailable. The Sims 3 will remain playable offline.

Found the Above In the EA. Answers Forum Pages... HUGS!!

Note: I posted this in the Old DD stalker page By mistake... So If this post twice Please forgive me. ;)o:)

That most likely means new bugs will be introduced and some features will be discontinued...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited May 2018
    Lexers615 wrote: »

That most likely means new bugs will be introduced and some features will be discontinued...

LOL!!! But I hope only good things happen.

@HBSIMSTER - Thanks for the heads up.

ETA - If you want to know when the maintenance is complete EA_Mai has created a post in the Sims 3 General Discussion section
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Lexers615 : Haha! That's funny! Well, let's just hope that it isn't that bad. :) Most likely anything they change will be for S4 instead of S3, anyway.

I hope everyone reports that spam post at the top of the page, to get that account and that post removed as quickly as possible.
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Dreams of India finished at 37 minutes past the hour with 9 seconds left on the clock. Lazy sim sofa sectional stared with 2 hrs and 3 secs (by the time it refreshed). This is better than it was for a while there but still here's hoping they can fix this, and those blue ad buttons they never told us were staying away, can they come back now. :smile:
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    How do maintenance works relating to the Daily Deals? Will the store be unavailable for part of Luxe Lounge Spa, missing entirely Ragtime in the Big Easy and coming back (probably) during Carolina's Tanktop? Or will the store be "suspended" during that time and come back with the rest of Luxe Lounge Spa four hours later?
  • HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Lexers615 wrote: »

LOL!!! But I hope only good things happen.

@HBSIMSTER - Thanks for the heads up.

You're Welcome ... I know this will affect the Store page, so it will affect the DD stalkers too!! <3:smile:
    My Fingers are crossed for no more Bugs!! ;)
    Dreams of India finished at 37 minutes past the hour with 9 seconds left on the clock. Lazy sim sofa sectional stared with 2 hrs and 3 secs (by the time it refreshed). This is better than it was for a while there but still here's hoping they can fix this, and those blue ad buttons they never told us were staying away, can they come back now. :smile:

@angeljess26 - Thanks for the update. The start times keep jumping. When updating the spreadsheet, I base the start times on the remaining time shown on the Daily Deal page. The times recently went from 30ish minutes after the hour, 11 minutes after, 33 minutes when I checked last night and now 38 minutes.

We know the deal times can be set for exactly 1, 2 or 3 hours because this is how the daily deal ran from September 23, 2014 to about a year ago. Hint hint webmaster!!

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited May 2018
    I hope everyone reports that spam post at the top of the page, to get that account and that post removed as quickly as possible.

Thanks for this Mia.

FYI to all - The spam post has been removed so please do not report Jude's post. ;)

@Ziristha Such good news about the new computer! I hope things stay in your favor and it goes as planned.

Back a year and a half ago I was given money for Christmas and was able to buy a very nice laptop that I specifically bought to play Sims 3. I took about a month shopping for the right one and spent quite a bit of money. I have every pack and all the store content. My previous computer was an Apple and they had changed the operating system in a way that was interfering with TS3. The good news is that I am very happy with what I bought and have been able to run the game smoothly with all my content installed. Most of the time. *smile* If I use the switcher to turn off some content, then it runs very smoothly.

I am surprised to hear that Zuma is a problem. It is not a complex game, so I suspect that you are correct about the computer becoming old. If you keep it to use occasionally, then you may want to buy an inexpensive USB keyboard to attach rather than using the on-screen keyboard.

So, I wish you luck with the new computer and happy Simming!
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited May 2018
    *sigh* hopefully the maintenance does nothing to effect us. I can't think of anything they can do intentionally that would be in our favor, so hopefully it is like last time and the shut down is really for TS4 and only effects us peripherally.

@Me1620 I missed the spam, so thanks for having my back. *smile*
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited May 2018
    I changed the name of this thread to remove reference to the earlier DD thread. I also rewrote the introductory paragraphs of the first post to remove reference to the predecessor thread created by Ximph in September 2014 and which was closed 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't think people new to the DD would find information that this thread is a continuation to be relevant but would prefer getting to the main reason for this thread.

I have never been great at proof reading my own writing. I would appreciate any comments about my changes to the first post. Is the consensus that it is okay to remove the information referring to the previous DD thread?

Edit to add - Would this title be better "DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION - 2018 LIST AND SALES HELP" given the older thread has current in the title?

Merelhyn wrote: »
    How do maintenance works relating to the Daily Deals? Will the store be unavailable for part of Luxe Lounge Spa, missing entirely Ragtime in the Big Easy and coming back (probably) during Carolina's Tanktop? Or will the store be "suspended" during that time and come back with the rest of Luxe Lounge Spa four hours later?

@Merelhyn - I am not sure what will happen, but I will try to keep track.

@Jude525 - No problem :)

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,079 Member
    Current Deal

168 ) Carolina's Tanktop / 29 / 42 / 31% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Savvy; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

169 ) Mid-Century Fantasy / 592 / 1296 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 169, # 27, # 723, # 37)

170 ) Winding Path Lounge Chair / 25 / 42 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Waning Moon

171 ) R&R Teen / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jet Set Teens

172 ) Deliciously Indulgent Bakery / 1083 / 1900 / 43% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 771, # 580)

173 ) Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine / 250 / 309 / 19% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2012 Compilation Set; Fabulous Fiesta!

174 ) Anna's Living Chair / 32 / 90 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Wilderness Dreaming; Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010; Best of 2010 Collection; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty

175 ) Oktoberfest Celebration / 200 / 480 / 58% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 175, # 786)

176 ) Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire / 559 / 972 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! – Bedroom + Attire

177 ) Bohemian Garden / 918 / 1700 / 46% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 78, # 831)

178 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair / 33 / 69 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 178, # 73)

179 ) Haute Hip Sofa / 31 / 87 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

180 ) Futureshock Living / 462 / 1072 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 872 but less than # 347, # 562)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Thank you @Jude525 ! I already ordered it, I'm really excited! :smile:

Just like you, I've been doing my research for months, so much I ended up learning a lot more about computers and their specs but I also had some moments of frustration because at some point I started doubting my idea of purchasing a laptop and started checking desktops, but the options for desktop hardware seems to be way too wide and for moments I even give up on it because my head couldn't take it. At the end I went ahead with the laptop I had in mind becase I do tend to travel and needed the portability but also because right now I don't have space for a desktop (I have a desk but I use it for other stuff and I can't sacrifice that) so I'm going to save for an actual good gaming rig and it's proper space for the future since right now I only play sims and other non demanding games like Stardew Valley, so I figured I'll be fine with a gaming laptop for now :blush:

Sorry for my poor wording, it's not that this laptop has problems with Zuma, what I was trying to say it's this laptop with it's specs I was surprised it could run a game at all, even something like Zuma :lol:
    But it's fine, my mom is the one that uses it the most, for her games and to watch some DIY videos on youtube, she never uses the keyboard, that's why I'm not concerned about it. I'm the one who has problems of course, but it's only with some keys (the dot key, the enter key, the right shift and ctrl and the arrows are done for) I just haven't thought about getting a usb keyboard because I don't know if my mom would like to have one, she is against spending money in unnecessary things and since she doesn't use it and I don't mind relying on the keyboard on screen (well, I do mind but not as much as it seems :lol: ) we're fine with it as it is, what I've been checking is cooling pads, the one she bought seems like it doesn't do a good job :confused:

Thank you very much for your good wishes, I hope everything goes fine!

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited May 2018
    I changed the name of this thread to remove reference to the earlier DD thread. I also rewrote the introductory paragraphs of the first post to remove reference to the predecessor thread created by Ximph in September 2014 and which was closed 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't think people new to the DD would find information that this thread is a continuation to be relevant but would prefer getting to the main reason for this thread.

I have never been great at proof reading my own writing. I would appreciate any comments about my changes to the first post. Is the consensus that it is okay to remove the information referring to the previous DD thread?

Edit to add - Would this title be better "DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION - 2018 LIST AND SALES HELP" given the older thread has current in the title?

@Jodi I was like, what did Jude say wrong. :lol:

I think putting 2018 in the title would be perfect. Because the other thread has 'CURRENT' in it, it's confusing. Especially when the old one gets accidentally bumped. My opinion is it's fine to remove the information referring to the previous thread.

ETA: Has anyone ever requested this thread be stickied? Edit again to add: Never mind :)
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    Earlier today I sent a pm to EA_Mai asking if she would close the older DD thread.

edited May 2018
    @Ziristha the options were quite overwhelming for me as well. I actually created a thread asking for other Simmer's input at the time and, as I often find on these pages, there were several people who stepped up to help out.

Jodi, @Me1620 I think a new name is a great idea. I read the new intro and think it sounds great. The only thing I was thinking is maybe it needs a sentence near the very beginning that clearly states "This thread replaces an older one that you may see referenced in comments below. All the relevant information can be found within this thread." I say this because my eyes stumbled upon an entry by @angeljess26 that referred to how many pages there were in the old thread. This could reassure new members that they are not missing anything.

It's also a good idea to make this a sticky subject. *grin* As long as they keep the store going, then this thread is relevant. Sure, it reduces how many points they sell, but it may encourage some people to spend some points at a discount that wouldn't spend any at full price.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Current Deal

180 ) Futureshock Living / 462 / 1072 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 872 but less than # 347, # 562)

Upcoming Deals

181 ) Day in the Country Dress / 10 / 61 / 84% / 2 hours
    Part of: Country Livin'; April 2013 Compilation

This is a 3-hour deal
    182 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 576 / 1800 / 68% / 3 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 352 but less than # 77)

183 ) Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts / 532 / 1710 / 69% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 183, # 528, # 156)

184 ) Derby Delight / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Boho Vintage Women's Collection; September 2011 Compilation

Note: 0% savings. This is the regular price for this item
    185 ) Romantique Dining Chair / 34 / 34 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Dining Room Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation

186 ) BahHaus / 689 / 1350 / 49% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 204 & # 498)

Here is the official trailer so you can preview the venue. This is one of the first venues released by the store, so it does not contain any premium items.
    187 ) Olympian Physique / 370/ 1000 / 63% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 720, # 331, # 559, # 924 & # 770) (Deals 331, 559 and 924 are same price)

188 ) Front Row Center Bedroom / 153 / 450 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 250 but less than # 621 & # 464)

189 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen Talavera Tile Wall mirror / 27 / 81 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

190 ) Ultra Stylish Towel Rack / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bath; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

191 ) Hipsters United / 25 / 75 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

192 ) Cante Captivating / 275 / 298 / 8% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 315 but less than # 114)

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    edited May 2018
    Jude525 wrote: »
    ... I read the new intro and think it sounds great. The only thing I was thinking is maybe it needs a sentence near the very beginning that clearly states "This thread replaces an older one that you may see referenced in comments below. All the relevant information can be found within this thread." I say this because my eyes stumbled upon an entry by @angeljess26 that referred to how many pages there were in the old thread. This could reassure new members that they are not missing anything.

@Jude525 - Thanks for the feedback. I will incorporate your sentence.
    Earlier today I sent a pm to EA_Mai asking if she would close the older DD thread.
    Update EA_Mage has closed the older thread. I am impressed with how quickly they acted upon my request.

I am wondering if there is a need to have this thread stickied since it has never left page 1 and is one of the most active threads in the store discussion.

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I don't think this thread needs to be stickied. Just the updates on the sales keep it at the top of the first page. :) There are so many people who view and post here, that I don't think it's likely to leave the first page. That said, I'm glad EA_Mage closed the other thread. That was very nice of them to do. :) I'm wondering, though, if there's ever going to be a page limit on a thread. I certainly hope that isn't the case, because this thread would end up hitting it.

@Jude525 : Oh, I certainly didn't want people reporting your post! ((hugs)) But I hadn't wanted to even post the name of that spammer account, because I was afraid there would be repercussions.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Current Deal

191 ) Hipsters United / 25 / 75 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft

Upcoming Deals

192 ) Cante Captivating / 275 / 298 / 8% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 315 but less than # 114)

193 ) Storybook Dining Room Set / 140 / 239 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 415)

194 ) Steampunk Savvy / 410 / 561 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Oh My Goth! Compilation.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 732 but less than # 472 and # 118)

195 ) Hacienda Luxury / 380 / 941 / 60% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 434 & # 756)

If you buy the Casino check out Up the Ante Compilation for a green download button.
    196 ) The Lucky Simoleon Casino / 760 / 1539 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Up the Ante Compilation, included in Lucky Palms Gold.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 55 less than # 909)

197 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Little Drama Curls Hairstyle / 39 / 109 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

198 ) Le Cirque Nouveau- Diva Plava Hairstyle / 37 / 50 / 26% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Nouveau; Le Cirque Celebration!

199 ) Boho Vintage Women's Collection / 752 / 1584 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: September 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 64 but less than # 740, # 531)

200 ) Pump-less Waterwork Sink / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation, Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

This is a 3-hour deal
    201 ) Classic Gumball Machine / 120 / 273 / 56% / 3 hours
    Part of: Regency Arcade; October 2011 Compilation; Go All In Compilation

202 ) Bayside Kitchen / 494 / 499 / 1% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Bayside Set; 3 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD, but note the deal only is a 1% savings

203 ) City Never Sleeps / 39 / 68 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; Go All In Compilation; October 2011 Compilation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top