Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera in Game Not working

kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
Please help. I made a change today to my game so that I could bypass Origin for game startup. Jules1111 guilded me through that and it is working nicely as far as I can tell. Only thing is my camera won't take pictures. I go into the house and take story pictures and nothing is there. This is a big part of my game play and I hope it has nothing to do with changing my game startup. Here is what Jules told me and I did. Please help. Did I mess something up or is it an easy fix?

Hi! There are no disks for the UC. You can however play without Origin, even after the update, if you know what to change. :#

If you download through Origin, all you need to do to disconnect it from there is to change the game .exe. Then you will not need Origin to play.

Go to (whatever drive you installed the game on) -> Program Files x86 -> Origin Games -> Sims2UC -> Fun With Pets -> SP9 -> TS Bin

Look for a file called Sims2EP9 Should have a plumbob to the left of the name. Right click on it and choose rename. Add a .old to the end of it. ( so the game can't read it) so it looks like Sims2EP9.old

Next download this .exe (perfectly safe I use it myself) http://simfileshare.net/download/317975/ Extract it, and drop it in that same folder. Delete the shortcut on your desktop (if you made one) then right click the NEW .exe and select make shortcut. Once made take the shortcut and drag it onto your desktop. (If you want one) Then you are all set. :) Origin will not start when you launch the game, heck you don't even need to keep Origin installed if you don't want to.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Where are you looking for the pictures- in the story editor or in the game files? Where exactly. =]
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    story editor in the household
    edited May 2018
    These are all new pictures you just took in that household? No pictures at all?

*I've used that start up for a long time and had no problem with pictures. :(
    all pics from before i messed with game are in album, but any I take now are not there.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    all pics from before i messed with game are in album, but any I take now are not there.

Usually when you take photos they only come one at a time and the only way you can get different one is by moving the previous snapshot to another location before you take another one.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@BMSO wrote: »

Usually when you take photos they only come one at a time and the only way you can get different one is by moving the previous snapshot to another location before you take another one.

That's not correct. :(

Are you looking for yours in the Documents/EA Games/The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection/Storytelling folder? Look in the Neighborhood folder you're playing- that has its own Storytelling folder.
    I am sorry we don't seem to be talking about the same area. I have not looked into the neighborhood folder to check, but I was speaking of in game play itself. As I am in a household say, and the man is perhaps talking to his wifes baby belly. I use the camera button on the bottom of the control area or c key on the keyboard to capture the shot for the album. But then I go into the album and it is not there. You know to pic from and put over on right side and had a caption to. The household story album. I will try and snap a picture of what I am talking about in the morning and post it. But I will also go into the file just to see if it is there even though not showing up in game album. Thank you and sorry about the confusion.
    edited May 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @BMSO wrote: »

That's not correct. :(

Are you looking for yours in the Documents/EA Games/The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection/Storytelling folder? Look in the Neighborhood folder you're playing- that has its own Storytelling folder.

I feel like an idiot. Forgot the neighborhoods. >.<
    I am sorry we don't seem to be talking about the same area. I have not looked into the neighborhood folder to check, but I was speaking of in game play itself. As I am in a household say, and the man is perhaps talking to his wifes baby belly. I use the camera button on the bottom of the control area or c key on the keyboard to capture the shot for the album. But then I go into the album and it is not there. You know to pic from and put over on right side and had a caption to. The household story album. I will try and snap a picture of what I am talking about in the morning and post it. But I will also go into the file just to see if it is there even though not showing up in game album. Thank you and sorry about the confusion.

It depends on the neighborhood your playing in. You may have to do some scrolling in the story telling file that is the neighborhood your playing in.

I understand what you're talking about. I'm sorry but I have no answer for you since I haven't experienced the problem. :(

I hope someone more knowledgeable will help you.
    edited May 2018

Can you get pics in the main storytelling file? Not the neighborhoods. If you can then try moving the image to your desk top and take more snap shots and do the same if you can. It's a quick fix but not a permanent fix. The main story telling snap shots would be bmp files but you can also convert them to jpeg with MS paint or whatever photo manipulation program you use.

Edit: You would have to move them every time you take a snapshot.

No BMSO, pics not showing up anywhere of any kind. I switched back to Origin to load my game and I sure don't know why that has anything to do with taking in game pics, but now my pics work again. Thanks for trying to help.
    No BMSO, pics not showing up anywhere of any kind. I switched back to Origin to load my game and I sure don't know why that has anything to do with taking in game pics, but now my pics work again. Thanks for trying to help.

Glad you got it working again.

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

If you're using the in game camera and not a different screenshot program, it's possible that your camera was still saving to a messed up file path. Try removing the "storytelling" folder to your desktop and making a new "storytelling" folder for that neighborhood if you ever go back to origin-free gaming.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    I will try that Scribal at some later point. Now just want to play. Thanks both of you. Oh and I us Numbum's live camera mod
    You two? But...Sometimes asking questions can lead to answers. :cry: