Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simsovision 2020! Last day to vote!

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 3 General Discussion
update: Voting link in this post: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17560937/#Comment_17560937

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm really starting to understand and get into Simsovision this year! There is a copy of the rules in English now. Being able to read the Russian forum with Google translate helps. Right now they are rolling out the performers and the songs they will sing. The contest will be in August. I'm rooting for Danny from Appaloosa Plains!!

https://thesims.cc/threads/znakomstvo-s-uchastnikami-simsovision-2020.4221696/

This is something I didn't understand before. The singer is from a sims town and reflects the character of that town. It's cool to read about the towns and their character, and what someone from that town would like and be like.

I'm wondering why this is not more popular. It's the Eurovision contest done with Sims 3!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCItVp7IXNETLi-vpJMp16Rw

@ItsJanier Here's the link!
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    This looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing.
    As someone who loves Sims 3 and finds Eurovision Song Contest really entertaining I'm probably gonna watch all of those videos by the end of the week :lol:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @ItsJanier Haha it's good
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hey I didn't understand - the clip seems like a preview, are there actual clips with sims singing?
    Anyway I must say that having a song contest that takes place in different sim worlds every time is an awesome idea! My country participates in the Eurovision contest but I havn't watched it in years, but I totally want to give it a try at The Sims! :smile:
    (is this using the Showtime fucntion or something?)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Ok so who is hosting the Eurovision I mean Simovision party this year ?? :D:D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @Avatarit Look at the playlists of the years - there is a simsovision contest for every year starting in 2013 (I think?). From what I can gather (I don't speak the language) the first video is the instructions and where the contest will be so that's unimportant anyway. Then they build and share a 'venue' with the contestants so they can film their singers on stage. So for example, 2017, the contest was in Bridgeport. The contestants make a singer sim, then do a video from their 'home' city (Sunset Valley, Sunlit Tides, etc.), then they do a video with their singer on the stage at the new venue for that year. Their animations and ability to make it look like a real contest with singers on a stage is just AMAZING. Most of the songs are English.

So this year's contest is being hosted in Dragon Valley!

@Bettyboop55 Me, me, me!! I'll host. :wink:
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Avata :D rit Look at the playlists of the years - there is a simsovision contest for every year starting in 2013 (I think?). From what I can gather (I don't speak the language) the first video is the instructions and where the contest will be so that's unimportant anyway. Then they build and share a 'venue' with the contestants so they can film their singers on stage. So for example, 2017, the contest was in Bridgeport. The contestants make a singer sim, then do a video from their 'home' city (Sunset Valley, Sunlit Tides, etc.), then they do a video with their singer on the stage at the new venue for that year. Their animations and ability to make it look like a real contest with singers on a stage is just AMAZING. Most of the songs are English.

So this year's contest is being hosted in Dragon Valley!

@Bettyboop55 Me, me, me!! I'll host. :wink:

Awesome ! I would have to find my singing sim. I don't think her game is on my current laptop. Haven't used the Showtime function in years either. However it would be fun and might even earn the sims some career points :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I love the Eurovision song contest! (Although my country totally tanked the last three years).
    Those videos are amazing!
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    edited May 2018
    @ZeeGee so every player is sending a sim via the Showtime port? Or every player just download the same venue and play on his own?

If the first option I would love to send a sim, espicially after yesterday haha :)
    Plus I never used the Showtime thingy before

Edit: wait I think I got it all wrong,
    Every player films his singer in his own game, but at the shared venue, and then they edit it into one movie ? 'Cause if so- that is also a GREAT idea! and I would love to participate

Edit2: The videos are amazing!!!
    Post edited by Avatarit on
    edited June 2020
    Awesome ! I would have to find my singing sim. I don't think her game is on my current laptop. Haven't used the Showtime function in years either. However it would be fun and might even earn the sims some career points :D

@Bettyboop55 I have never even played the singing career. So many things yet to do in this game!
    I love the Eurovision song contest! (Although my country totally tanked the last three years).
    Those videos are amazing!

@Waterdragon My husband says the countries vote for their allies instead of the best singer, so the best singer rarely wins! :neutral:

@Avatarit I don't think it has anything to do with porting. You make a singer from a sim hometown and film a video of them singing a song in their hometown, which you submit to the contest. Based on those videos they pick finalists. The finalists are sent the venue and they then film their singer on the stage at the venue! They also send their sim to the Simsovision peeps so that the editor can edit in backstage and entry scenes.

It's probably beyond most of our machinima skills to enter, but it is lots of fun to watch!
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    @ZeeGee - yeah, everyone tends to vote for their neighbours and allies, so it´s often more a mirror of the actual european politic than a singing contest. It can be quite frustrating (because nobody really liked Germany for the last few years, and even though the songs were decent (not winning material, but really, decent), no one gave us any points :'( . OK, I think, last year Ireland gave us 2).

But on the other hand it´s just great fun to watch!

Also, the dry spell seems to be over, we made 4th place! :#

Sadly, my videomaking skills are way beyond the participants of that contest. Fun to watch, though.

Screenshot-x3487.jpg

edited May 2018
    @ZeeGee - yeah, everyone tends to vote for their neighbours and allies, so it´s often more a mirror of the actual european politic than a singing contest. It can be quite frustrating (because nobody really liked Germany for the last few years, and even though the songs were decent (not winning material, but really, decent), no one gave us any points :'( . OK, I think, last year Ireland gave us 2).

But on the other hand it´s just great fun to watch!

Also, the dry spell seems to be over, we made 4th place! :#

Sadly, my videomaking skills are way below the participants of that contest. Fun to watch, though.

Screenshot-x3487.jpg
    Post edited by Waterdragon on

edited May 2018
    Double post.

Hello @ZeeGee when you start the singing career remember to turn the sound down on your computer. The reason is the sim starts with one song and has to practise it over and over in order to improve skill and get other songs to sing :D

Sim enim est vita
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Double post.

Germany did pretty well this year tho. Not like my country.. well we never do well except with Lordi.
    I usually never like the songs that my country sents to Eurovision. I'm always rooting for other countries tho :smiley:
    @ZeeGee thanks for the explanation :smile: Yes I understand now that you must be briliant at editing and all of this... Still, great idea and performance what they did there, even just to watch.

(and i think that the port thing I accidently thought could be a thing also :lol: maybe less impressive but still fun... there aren't many things in the sims that make the game a community game)
    Hello @ZeeGee when you start the singing career remember to turn the sound down on your computer. The reason is the sim starts with one song and has to practise it over and over in order to improve skill and get other songs to sing :D

@Bettyboop55 Oops, didn't see your post! Thanks for the warning :)

The first music vid has been posted and it's amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IsTfwySWIs
  • Shushilda43Shushilda43 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! So nice that you liked our contest! ♥
    A concert very soon! 5th of August.
    The last clips is just the stories of the members
  • Andry007Andry007 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello, Everyone! I'm from Simsovision organisation. I was searching our project in google and I found your topic about it. :)
    Our team is from CIS countries, we are speaking russian. We also have forum (most popular sims forum in our districts), Facebook, VKontakte and instagram pages.
    I don't now, can I post here any links to our forum, coz I know the rules too badly.
    If you want to ask some questions - ask them to me ;)

P.S. sorry for my bad English :#
    @Shushilda43 Welcome to the forum! I'm totally fangirling right now! LOOVE your CC and your machinima. I joined the Russian Sims Club just to get your wine glasses CC. :lol: Look forward to the contest in August. Thanks for posting.

@Andry007 So nice to meet you and to get an official person from Simsovision to answer our questions! You can post links when you get 'member' status. There is a set of rules somewhere on how to make member that @lisasc360 usually posts.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Shushilda43 Welcome to the forum! I'm totally fangirling right now! LOOVE your CC and your machinima. I joined the Russian Sims Club just to get your wine glasses CC. :lol: Look forward to the contest in August. Thanks for posting.

@Andry007 So nice to meet you and to get an official person from Simsovision to answer our questions! You can post links when you get 'member' status. There is a set of rules somewhere on how to make member that @lisasc360 usually posts.

I posted the membership requirements on your page @Andry007
  • Shushilda43Shushilda43 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ZeeGee said:
    > @Shushilda43 Welcome to the forum! I'm totally fangirling right now! LOOVE your CC and your machinima. I joined the Russian Sims Club just to get your wine glasses CC. :lol: Look forward to the contest in August. Thanks for posting.
    >
    > @Andry007 So nice to meet you and to get an official person from Simsovision to answer our questions! You can post links when you get 'member' status. There is a set of rules somewhere on how to make member that @lisasc360 usually posts.

it's so cute ^_^ thank you :)
  • Andry007Andry007 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > ZeeGee wrote: »
    >
    > @Shushilda43 Welcome to the forum! I'm totally fangirling right now! LOOVE your CC and your machinima. I joined the Russian Sims Club just to get your wine glasses CC. :lol: Look forward to the contest in August. Thanks for posting.
    >
    > @Andry007 So nice to meet you and to get an official person from Simsovision to answer our questions! You can post links when you get 'member' status. There is a set of rules somewhere on how to make member that @lisasc360 usually posts.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I posted the membership requirements on your page @Andry007

Thank you!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Andry007 wrote: »
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > ZeeGee wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I posted the membership requirements on your page @Andry007

Thank you!

You're welcome @Andry007... :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I so admire people who can create awesome music videos and machinimas using the game! Sure going to watch them. My personal contribution will have to remain confined to this screenshot I once took of my all time favourite winners :p (1974)

918933_orig.png
    5JZ57S6.png