Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't install my bonus content (05/07/2018)

I reinstalled my store items & I can't install the following: Freestyle DJ Booth, Atomic Age Pets Registration, Ultimate Venue & Stage, Graham's Pet Swap Shop & Iams Pet Starter Kit. I just get a message saying I do not have the required game packs installed.

I own all game packs & stuff packs, check Origin & it says they are all installed. I also own Monte Vista but still can't re-download it, I get a store message saying I do not own it when I have it in my Purchased Items history showing that I do. This has been a store bug for literally years now that still is not fixed.

Please help fix these issues, also have trouble with Origin, when it updates it leaves my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection broken to where I have to click the button to fix, also I deletes all my store items I purchased for my Sims 3 games so I have to re-install them every time. These errors have been happening for years too. Please fix them. It should not be hard to obtain store items I bought with real money! I want the items I purchased back!

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Check your content patch in your TS3 folder in Documents. It might be empty—apparently the store patch hasn't been available for some time now. I'm not sure which of your items are premium content, but I think if you don't have the patch that content won't function properly. A couple of people have uploaded the patch to filesharing sites and posted links.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933285/launcher-no-longer-installing-store-updates

Origin is fussy and and quite uncooperative at times. You could try clearing its cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling and reinstalling it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16332053/#Comment_16332053

Perhaps when the launcher unchecks some packs (maybe without even showing you that it has done so) it's also disabling some of your content. You could maybe try manually unchecking and rechecking all of the boxes yourself, but other than that I'm not sure how to handle it, as I have a Steam install just to avoid the nuisance of the pack selector.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It might be a problem with your game coding. I once had to contact EA because my ice lounge furnishings didn't upload with a lot. It was probably because I didn't keep them in the DCbackup folder (as I keep mine empty). An EA rep said I didn't have the Limited Edition mark on my game pack. So, I had to show them a picture of my game jacket with the paper and code for my bonus content. Then they updated my game info to show LE on it. So, even though I had registered my game and bonus pack code, and was able to initially download it and have it in my game; EA thought I didn't have the limited edition version. That also could be an issue for you.