This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Elderly home gamepack

rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 406 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Okay so i know a lot of people want more stuff to do for the elders since forever and there always left out. I have seen more posts about this and i thought it would be fun if i gave my own ideas and opinions on this.
so i would like to see a

New world
with lots of nature and a peacefull enviroment
The world has around 7/8 lots
Lots
_1 eldery home where you can send your elders to to live for the rest of their life.
The building would have about 8 bedrooms wich you can choose your own like in the sims 2 uni EP
Each bedroom has a small living,dining area a bedroom and a bathroom
There is a lobby where you and visitors can sign themselves in
There is a recreational room with a lot of fun new activities and a community dining area.
There will be 24/7 caretakers availeble to bring you food or keep you company

_There would also be several homes where the elders can kind of live on their own but still can request care takers.
I think 4/5 of these would be nice

-Then there is the park where the can hike fish or catch up with the family

New activities would contain

knitting
you would be able to make teddybears kid sweaters also for the other lifestages scarfes etc
puzzeling
sims can make puzzle and then frame them to hang up on the walls or sell them for a little bit of extra cash
duck feeding
there would be a new pond with ducks that you can feed alone or with children and toddlers
Shuffleboard
there is the shuffleboard wich explains itself. i think this would be a fun object
scrapbooking
make fun books full of memories
Taking care of a parrot
learm them to talk and other fun stuff

New social interactions

talk about past
talk about grand children
remeniscing

New objects

canes with 3 new walkstyles
a walker
puzzles
shuffleboard
knitting equipment
duck pond
Parrot cage

Also a visiting system where other sims can visit you or you can visit a sim for a certain amount of time not to sure on how this would work

cas
a lot of comfortable clothing for the elderly
and the unlockable ones made by crafting them with the knitting equipment

new active career
caretaker you work at the eldery home and keep the elders company bring them food check them nd visitors in
I would also like t see the memory system return this would be perfect for this game pack imo.

New aspiration
Bets caretaker wich is about taking good care of the elders and helping them
New trait
nurturing
Sims with the nurturing trait love taking care of people incl toddlers,children etc. They also communicate better with children,elders and toddlers

This is what i have so far let me know what you think of this and if you have any more ideas. I would love to hear your opinions on this.
Post edited by rambahadoer on

Comments

• Options
    SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    This is actually a pretty sweet idea. I especially love the idea of adding the caretaker career. Maybe there could also be a bingo table so that the elderly can have bingo nights. I don't think you'd be able to use 8 rooms, but if we build off of what is already in the game, maybe it can operate like an apartment complex, with a shared common area and grayed-out rooms you can visit of other neighbors?
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2018

I thought i was going to read something boring, but thats kinda cool and adds so much for a more realístic gameplay. Also... The parrots would be the Cherry on that grandmas cake!
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »

I thought i was going to read something boring, but thats kinda cool and adds so much for a more realístic gameplay. Also... The parrots would be the Cherry on that grandmas cake!

Yeah i'm glad you like the idea i thought of it while going to my job and realised elders REALLY need more things to do and with stuff like this it would be so much more fun imo to play with them
  • Options
    SE08 wrote: »
    This is actually a pretty sweet idea. I especially love the idea of adding the caretaker career. Maybe there could also be a bingo table so that the elderly can have bingo nights. I don't think you'd be able to use 8 rooms, but if we build off of what is already in the game, maybe it can operate like an apartment complex, with a shared common area and grayed-out rooms you can visit of other neighbors?

yes i love the bingo table idea that would be so much fun. About the rooms i can see 8 of them being to much so an apartment idea would be fun. I really hope someone at EA reads and that they really start thinking about making more stuff for the elders
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 5,028 Member
    I love the idea. <3 I'd also like to add that sims can ask their parents to babysit instead of hiring a babysitter when they don't live in the same household.
    Memory system is something I really want to see.
  • Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    edited May 2018
    I love the idea but knitting isn’t just for elderly people, young people do it too. :)
    They should also go on little day trips to museums, shopping, etc.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    This is a really great idea! Our current elders are lacking depth and I think that something like this would make them more interesting.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    LOVE. THIS.

So many great ideas. I’d also love to see lots of “grandparent” like interactions, like sneaking candy to the grandchild while the parent isn’t looking, or tell a childhood story.

Or how amazing would it be if the grandparents could knit actual clothing or toys that their grandkids could wear or use?! Love it!

And actually, while I was thinking about the aspiration, at first I thought about having an aspiration that focused on being a grandparent, but then the more I think about it, it doesn’t make sense to have a young adult have aspirations relating to being elderly, so I don’t know. But I love the ideas so far!

OH! And!
    With the scrapbooking, how amazing would it be if it was something that could be read? By either the sims or the player? Like it could pop up like a chance card from parenthood, and be clicked through with family pictures! Ohhhh my god now I want that!!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want this to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I'd actually love this, I'm getting seriously bored of seeing the same stuff.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Add a bingo game, OP, and that would be fab. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Instead of bingo, how about bringing back MY SHUNO! It's the sim flavored bingo.
  • Options
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    LOVE. THIS.

So many great ideas. I’d also love to see lots of “grandparent” like interactions, like sneaking candy to the grandchild while the parent isn’t looking, or tell a childhood story.

Or how amazing would it be if the grandparents could knit actual clothing or toys that their grandkids could wear or use?! Love it!

And actually, while I was thinking about the aspiration, at first I thought about having an aspiration that focused on being a grandparent, but then the more I think about it, it doesn’t make sense to have a young adult have aspirations relating to being elderly, so I don’t know. But I love the ideas so far!

OH! And!
    With the scrapbooking, how amazing would it be if it was something that could be read? By either the sims or the player? Like it could pop up like a chance card from parenthood, and be clicked through with family pictures! Ohhhh my god now I want that!!

I'm glad you like it hahaha i just really hope the devs make elders great this time.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2018
    Karon wrote: »

Yeah i'm glad you like the idea i thought of it while going to my job and realised elders REALLY need more things to do and with stuff like this it would be so much more fun imo to play with them

I think every life stage needs its own gamepack. The teens... i really have to say something about them?! Hahahaha
    tams2578 wrote: »
    I love the idea but knitting isn’t just for elderly people, young people do it too. :)
    They should also go on little day trips to museums, shopping, etc.

Would be cool If the elders could teach the younger to do knitting!

I'm glad you like it hahaha i just really hope the devs make elders great this time.

Would be cool tô have a trait for those elders Sims that dont like tô be old and use botox, and act like they are way young. Sims with this trait could hate bingo, and knitting... Then we would have an interations between grandchild and the elders like, for example, "Say i love you, grandma!" And they would react badly like "Oh, gurl dont call me that!". Hahahahahha (but if they dont have the trait, they would react positively!).

I know that would be Strange tô choose that trait for a Young adult, for example... But maybe they could achieve this trait after becoming elders, like If they realised at least one aspiration during their lives they would recebe the "Happy Elder!" Trait, but if they dont they would receive a negative "Dont want tô be old yet!" Trait.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    New social interactions

talk about past
    remeniscing
    Ranting about the youth of today

Nodding off in the middle of a seated conversation... nodding off during dinner... nodding off in front of the telly... nodding off while reading a book.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Wan't there an interaction in S2 or S3 where elders could pull out lots of pictures of their grandkids and brag about them?
  • Options
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    LOVE. THIS.

OH! And!

ooh i love the interactions you came up with. And on the knitting it actually says make clothing toys and scarves for you children. I'm really happy you like the thread elders are really left out and they need to be worth playing
  • Options
    You can create your own Extended Care Facility in the game now. Build a place with eight bedrooms, each with an ensuite, a big sitting room with a TV and bookcase and a game table, a dinning room, a kitchen, an office for the sim running the place and a garden out back for them to grow veggies and flowers.

One room is for the administrator/nurse to live and the others are for the residents. You could hire a cook for lunch and dinner (as if they were an employee) and a maid to come in everyday to clean.

You could create the administrator/nurse in CAS and give them all the traits you want (good or bad) and then randomize the seven elders because you never know what personalities you get when strangers live together. If they come with odd outfits, that would be perfect for those that have begun to slip a cog or two.

I may give this a try this afternoon myself, I need a new challenge.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Very nice ideas. Our elders surly need more things to do that won't over exhaust them.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Wan't there an interaction in S2 or S3 where elders could pull out lots of pictures of their grandkids and brag about them?

It was in sims 3.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited May 2018
    It all sounds good to me but the elderly home how can you send your parents or grandparents to live in one of those places.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    It all sounds good to me but the elderly home how can you send your parents or grandparents to live in one of those places.

Maybe it could work like vacation homes or they could create a new method. I'm not really sure on that it would be really cool tho
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Okay so i know a lot of people want more stuff to do for the elders since forever and there always left out. I have seen more posts about this and i thought it would be fun if i gave my own ideas and opinions on this.
    so i would like to see a

New world
    with lots of nature and a peacefull enviroment
    The world has around 7/8 lots
    Lots
    _1 eldery home where you can send your elders to to live for the rest of their life.
    The building would have about 8 bedrooms wich you can choose your own like in the sims 2 uni EP
    Each bedroom has a small living,dining area a bedroom and a bathroom
    There is a lobby where you and visitors can sign themselves in
    There is a recreational room with a lot of fun new activities and a community dining area.
    There will be 24/7 caretakers availeble to bring you food or keep you company

_There would also be several homes where the elders can kind of live on their own but still can request care takers.
    I think 4/5 of these would be nice

-Then there is the park where the can hike fish or catch up with the family

New activities would contain

knitting
    you would be able to make teddybears kid sweaters also for the other lifestages scarfes etc
    puzzeling
    sims can make puzzle and then frame them to hang up on the walls or sell them for a little bit of extra cash
    duck feeding
    there would be a new pond with ducks that you can feed alone or with children and toddlers
    Shuffleboard
    there is the shuffleboard wich explains itself. i think this would be a fun object
    scrapbooking
    make fun books full of memories
    Taking care of a parrot
    learm them to talk and other fun stuff

New social interactions

talk about past
    remeniscing

New objects

canes with 3 new walkstyles
    a walker
    puzzles
    shuffleboard
    knitting equipment
    duck pond
    Parrot cage

Also a visiting system where other sims can visit you or you can visit a sim for a certain amount of time not to sure on how this would work

cas
    a lot of comfortable clothing for the elderly
    and the unlockable ones made by crafting them with the knitting equipment

new active career
    caretaker you work at the eldery home and keep the elders company bring them food check them nd visitors in
    I would also like t see the memory system return this would be perfect for this game pack imo.

New aspiration
    Bets caretaker wich is about taking good care of the elders and helping them
    New trait
    nurturing
    Sims with the nurturing trait love taking care of people incl toddlers,children etc. They also communicate better with children,elders and toddlers

This is what i have so far let me know what you think of this and if you have any more ideas. I would love to hear your opinions on this.
    Love this idea and bingo would be awesome!
  • Options
    nightbird223nightbird223 Posts: 10 New Member
    I love this idea! I feel this would make playing elders way more fun!
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2018
    It's not a bad idea, I would never put my elders in a home though, imo it's a personal choice for them to make. I don't know why having a parrot would specifically be included in an elderly pack, that seems a bit weird. I like the duck feeding*, sounds cute, and I like ponds.. Maybe bird feeding though, with multiple aspects?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Meals on Wheels for elderly sims who want to remain in their own home.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif