Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't seem to build anything anymore

HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
I'm not really a builder at all, which is why I keep placing my families in the same exact house(The Gables)! Today, I tried to build from a blueprint and, as usual, I can't even get the sizes of the rooms or the house itself right! I'm so aggravated I feel like crying!

This is the blueprint I'm trying to build- it's for the McConnell family because their twins are going to be teens soon- and it's proving impossible for me to build!
28115185228_1e05167d4c_z.jpg
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Generally speaking, one square of the Sims building grid is about 30 to 36 inches a side. That said, there are often a lot of things you'd have to drop when translating a real floor plan to a Sims building, because the real world allows for a lot more flexibility.

Looking at this plan, I'd say start with Bedroom 2 and Bedroom 3 as 4x4 squares each; I'd dump all the built-in closets, make Bath 2 a 3x3 square, and get rid of Bath 3. The dining room would also be a 4x4 square in this case, and so would the kitchen; I'd suggest moving the kitchen either all the way forward or all the way back, and give all the breakfast area space (a 4x3 space if we go by Bedrooms 2 and 3 and Bath 2) to the dining room. You can do what you like with the master bedroom and master bathroom then.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @HillyBeth I tried to build the house for you and uploaded it on the gallery! My Origin is Angeleytb and the house is the last one I created ;)
    I furnished it as well just in case you didn't feel like doing it yourself but I'm not very good at interior designing so you might not like it...
    Happy Simming!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    @HillyBeth I tried to build the house for you and uploaded it on the gallery! My Origin is Angeleytb and the house is the last one I created ;)
    I furnished it as well just in case you didn't feel like doing it yourself but I'm not very good at interior designing so you might not like it...
    Happy Simming!

I had a friend through social media build it. She volunteered. I have the McConnell's living in it now. They're back in Newcrest where Jake McConnell was born.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    Happy Simming!

Hello @Amandele :)
    The house that you built for Hillybeth is very nice! :) You have reflected the floor plan so very well It is a very nice sims gameversion of the plan! Very nice furnishing of the home. The dormers look great on the roofing, and the flower box windows look very pretty. Very nice backyard areas for sims to enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the umbrella covered tables. Nice gardening nook to grow plants in the gardening boxes. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool and have fun playing on the monkey bars.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @HillyBeth I'm glad someone did it for you! And I think it wasn't a waste of time since I'm gonna play with it actually. So thanks for posting this floor plan!
    Thank you @rosemow ! That's really nice! I'm happy you liked it!!!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    Don't let the builder's block get to you. As any Lego enthusiast will testify, you can't build without blocks