Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster under the bed???

Almost every night my sims kids come running out of their room crying about a monster under the bed’ is this a bug? How do I stop it???? It’s really getting annoying

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2018
    Buy a Coolala the defender night light and put it on the wall near the bed, it should stop monsters
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    Oh thank you guys so much!!!! This was getting really annoying really quick!
  • Options
    4thStreet4thStreet Posts: 69 Member
    Has anyone actually befriended the monster under the bed?
    Take care of yourself, and each other!
  • Options
    RosalettaRosaletta Posts: 25 Member
    One of my child sims just did, but it took some time for sure! I had her talk to the monster once every night before getting her parents, but it never worked. Then I became really annoyed at that thing because my child always woke up both parents, and it happened every night. Also my parents were really useless as they never actually went with her to spray the bed, they always just waltzed off doing something else after she woke them up. So I had my child talk to it 5 times in a row until she made friends with it, and it's less of an annoyance now.

I still wish it wouldn't happen every night, though.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My Sim kids haven't had any luck making friends with the monster, but I'll try spamming the action to see if it will work.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Rosaletta wrote: »
    One of my child sims just did, but it took some time for sure! I had her talk to the monster once every night before getting her parents, but it never worked. Then I became really annoyed at that thing because my child always woke up both parents, and it happened every night. Also my parents were really useless as they never actually went with her to spray the bed, they always just waltzed off doing something else after she woke them up. So I had my child talk to it 5 times in a row until she made friends with it, and it's less of an annoyance now.

I still wish it wouldn't happen every night, though.

Yeah, I hear those monsters can be quite clingy LMBO

• Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I had my twins make friends with the monster because it was keeping them up all during the night (they were scared even if it wasn't there). I found that didn't work. Now it kept them up all during the night because they wanted to talk or play with it. Worse yet, the kids would never do anything during the day because they were always running to their bedroom to talk to it (they were obsessed with it). And yes, it would still be there. So now they had the monster day and night. I finally got a mod to stop it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Almost every night my sims kids come running out of their room crying about a monster under the bed’ is this a bug? How do I stop it???? It’s really getting annoying

Not a bug. I think it's a nice RL addition to the game, but I do agree after so many times of it happening, and your kid Sim is run down and too tired for school, it gets old. Get that special night light. It works!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2018
    4thStreet wrote: »
    Has anyone actually befriended the monster under the bed?
    I had my twins make friends with the monster because it was keeping them up all during the night (they were scared even if it wasn't there). I found that didn't work. Now it kept them up all during the night because they wanted to talk or play with it. Worse yet, the kids would never do anything during the day because they were always running to their bedroom to talk to it (they were obsessed with it). And yes, it would still be there. So now they had the monster day and night. I finally got a mod to stop it.

Yep, I had the same experience as Simberella....well, once the kid befriended the monster, he wanted to talk to it every night and wasn't getting any sleep....but don't remember him trying to talk with it during the day...although his room was upstairs so it may have been too far away to interest him during the day.

Now, I'll usually let it happen once and then put up the Coolala Defender Wall Light which stops it.
  • Options
    snowipoosnowipoo Posts: 5 New Member
    Yeah, it is really annoying. I just gave them a night light and nightmares didn't occur as often.