Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't find the serial code number to install Sims 2?

SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
I recently received Sims 2. They came from a charity shop and are second hand. The DVD case is bulky with 4 disks inside but the manual seems to not be in there? Does it come with one? I got some packs on DVD as well, but they have serial codes on the booklets. Is there any way to receive a new code or is there no booklet for the DVD?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

My original Sims 2 jewel case (clear, hard plastic) ~short, square case ~ has the serial code on the bottom outside cover. It has to have the inside back cover...

• FadeFade Posts: 2 New Member
    My original sims 2 is also in the jewel case with the serial number on the back. My expansions came in the larger cases and the serial number is on the book.

Oddly enough, most of my serial numbers no longer work. When I talk to EA customer service they link to the Spore game.

Your best bet (IMO) is to contact EA support via chat and just keep talking at them until they give you the Ultimate Collection. They can get kind of snooty sometimes but if you just keep talking (nicely) eventually you will get it.

You need an Origin account but that is easy to do.
  • SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    @Fade is it above the barcode? I've searched the whole thing and I think it may be there.

There's no bar codes on any of my jewel case Sims 2 games of mine. The bar codes are the later, bigger cases when they moved the codes to the booklets.

Do you not want to ask for the UC Sims 2 from EA? It might take a few tries... but being nice and asking can get it- Still. :)

• FadeFade Posts: 2 New Member
    Yup no barcode because it came in a box. It is on the lower left hand corner. Can't miss it if it is there, but I think you have the big (dvd size) box not the little (cd size) jewel case.
    @Fade I have the big bulky version. It has four disks as well. I'll take a pic of it later and show what it is. My dad is possibly going to email EA soon for a new code if I can't find it.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Sephardic wrote: »
    @Fade I have the big bulky version. It has four disks as well. I'll take a pic of it later and show what it is. My dad is possibly going to email EA soon for a new code if I can't find it.

If you can provide them with the pic (possibly with a sticky note with the date on it so they know you didn't scrape it off google) some of the EA advisors will add the game to origin for you, or perhaps forward you a code.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    Did you try EA for the UC? Did you find the code? How's it going~ Follow up? :mrgreen:
    Sorry for not being round much. But @Cinebar I have tried that but nothing comes up. I'll get a picture of the back of the DVD and one of the packs to show the difference. I'll do that this week. I really want to play Sims 2!! The same happened with my Sims 3 DVD but I can't remember how we resolved that.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    They may not give you a code. I lost my flyer for TS3 University Life and when I called for a code, they kept pushing me to download the game. My game is registered but they couldn't give me the code I registered, they don't seem to do codes anymore.

EA can not give you codes over the phone. If you registered your disc, the game code will be on your download version in your origin account. That is for the sims 3.

I removed your google comment on getting codes because it's illegal
    Sorry for not being round much. But @Cinebar I have tried that but nothing comes up. I'll get a picture of the back of the DVD and one of the packs to show the difference. I'll do that this week. I really want to play Sims 2!! The same happened with my Sims 3 DVD but I can't remember how we resolved that.

If the codes are not there with the discs , you can ask an EA CS rep if they are willing to give you the sims 2 ultimate collection download. They may or may not ask you for proof that you own the sims 2 by taking a pic of what you own for the sims 2 on disc.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited May 2018
    They may not give you a code. I lost my flyer for TS3 University Life and when I called for a code, they kept pushing me to download the game. My game is registered but they couldn't give me the code I registered, they don't seem to do codes anymore.

EA can not give you codes over the phone. If you registered your disc, the game code will be on your download version in your origin account. That is for the sims 3.

I couldn't find a code. I Googled that before I called. The picture showed, but when you click on it, no numbers showed. She gave me the opportunity to download it because she could see that it was registered. I don't want to be locked into Origin.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited May 2018

I couldn't find a code. I Googled that before I called. The picture showed, but when you click on it, no numbers showed. She gave me the opportunity to download it because she could see that it was registered. I don't want to be locked into Origin.

Your game code should be there. EA consolidated the base game and eps. You need to click on your base game to see all your eps. I don't have origin installed on my tablet that I'm using to give you instructions on how to get your game code . @igazor maybe able to tell you where to find your code in your origin account .

Igazor this if for how to find the sims 3 codes in origin Thanks

PS @Anmirla if you have Uni EP already installed in your computer but don't have the booklet game code, there is a way to get your game code off your computer registry. There are videos on youtube on how to do this
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    (a bit confused over why we have a TS2/TS3 blended conversation going...)

Afraid I can't be much help here, I haven't had TS3 tied to Origin for around a year now and things in the interface keep changing around with all of the Origin updates over time. But I agree, if the pack has been installed on a drive/computer using that code and that drive/computer is still accessible, one can extract the code from the Registry for use on a different computer owned by the same person.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/I-lost-my-registration-code-for-Sims-3/td-p/1689123
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    (a bit confused over why we have a TS2/TS3 blended conversation going...)

Afraid I can't be much help here, I haven't had TS3 tied to Origin for around a year now and things in the interface keep changing around with all of the Origin updates over time. But I agree, if the pack has been installed on a drive/computer using that code and that drive/computer is still accessible, one can extract the code from the Registry for use on a different computer owned by the same person.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/I-lost-my-registration-code-for-Sims-3/td-p/1689123

yes TS2 and 3 are quite different . TS2 forum and registry no longer exists. The TS2 uc download is not tied into origin and probably game code free

Out of curiosity i believe @SimplyJen plays TS3 with origin. She may know if your game codes are still listed in origin.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I was referring to the Windows Registry in case that wasn't clear. Not the registration portal on the website.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    and that drive/computer is still accessible, one can extract the code from the Registry for use on a different computer owned by the same person.

The reason I had to reinstall my game is because my hard drive crashed. When the guy examined my drive, he informed me if anything was able to be saved, it would probably take a while and be expensive. He said my best bet was to take the loss and start over again. Luckily I had all my mods/CC and saves saved to a flash drive - that would've driven me over the edge.

Anyway, my point was that if you call for a code, they won't give you one. *shrug*
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Technically I'm on patch 1.67 with a complete disk collection so my game doesn't involve Origin but I can still view my digital copies.

Bad news... (unless I'm wrong and there is a way). Since Origin changed things up a couple of years ago, there's no way to pull up 'Properties' for the EPs & SPs. You can pull it up for the Base game but the code displayed will be for the base game. Going into Game Details to view Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs does not give the option to view Properties... Only 'Read More' & 'Details' which leads to the same info page about the DLC but not the code. So in short, Origin has changed it and we no longer have access to the pack codes.

Pulling the code from the Windows registry would be helpful on a working hard drive but since that's not an option... I believe Anmirla needs to consider repurchasing a physical copy if they wish to stay on patch 1.67. Here in the US I was able to find sealed copies on eBay & Amazon... Some stores near me had a few packs but not all. A used copy with a code could work since you're not involving Origin. If buying from a seller online, make sure their account has a good seller reputation. Not only can you look to see if nearby stores list it on their site, you can call them up to see what they have on shelves.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Bad news... (unless I'm wrong and there is a way). Since Origin changed things up a couple of years ago, there's no way to pull up 'Properties' for the EPs & SPs. You can pull it up for the Base game but the code displayed will be for the base game. Going into Game Details to view Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs does not give the option to view Properties... Only 'Read More' & 'Details' which leads to the same info page about the DLC but not the code. So in short, Origin has changed it and we no longer have access to the pack codes.

Pulling the code from the Windows registry would be helpful on a working hard drive but since that's not an option... I believe Anmirla needs to consider repurchasing a physical copy if they wish to stay on patch 1.67. Here in the US I was able to find sealed copies on eBay & Amazon... Some stores near me had a few packs but not all. A used copy with a code could work since you're not involving Origin. If buying from a seller online, make sure their account has a good seller reputation. Not only can you look to see if nearby stores list it on their site, you can call them up to see what they have on shelves.

Yep. This was the problem. This was only 3 mths ago.

Let's just say that I am happily able to play my game with the disc that I bought at Best Buy upon release and leave it at that. ;)

SimplyJen wrote: »

Yep. This was the problem. This was only 3 mths ago.

Let's just say that I am happily able to play my game with the disc that I bought at Best Buy upon release and leave it at that. ;)

Well than your option is to repurchase the disc with code to stay at 1.67 patch. Uninstall your old version of uni and reinstall the new disc version with code. Your other option is to repurchase the whole game on steam. Uninstall the origin version and install the steam version. This will also permit you to play the game on the 1.67 patch
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Anmirla If you haven't already solved your problem, Steam purchases of Sims 3 games do give a product key. You may have to buy the base game in order to be able to see the product key for the EP. You should be able to use that to install the game via disc. If you don't want to be tied to Steam either.
    @SimplyJen Sorry I did not see your page to me. Thanks for the heads up that EA changed everything. I forgot you were buying up discs like I did. I have all my sims games and booklets from Ts1 and 2 too. Anyone reading this should make sure whenever they buy disc for the game they keep the booklet with game code.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2018
    I recently received Sims 2. They came from a charity shop and are second hand. The DVD case is bulky with 4 disks inside but the manual seems to not be in there? Does it come with one? I got some packs on DVD as well, but they have serial codes on the booklets. Is there any way to receive a new code or is there no booklet for the DVD?

Many thanks!

Did you ever find a code for your DVD? TS2 has never required you to use the exact disk associated with a code to start the game. Example, if you broke a disc and though it had it's own key code, you could use a different disc to load the game. Like a friend's disc etc. The Eula allows for you to transfer any keycode to someone else as long as they no longer keep a copy of the game. Anyone with an old extra cd/disc can transfer you a code as long as they no longer use that old disc. 'Transfer of Licences' is legit in TS2 game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Many thanks!

Did you ever find a code for your DVD? TS2 has never required you to use the exact disk associated with a code to start the game. Example, if you broke a disc and though it had it's own key code, you could use a different disc to load the game. Like a friend's disc etc. The Eula allows for you to transfer any keycode to someone else as long as they no longer keep a copy of the game. Anyone with an old extra cd/disc can transfer you a code as long as they no longer use that old disc. 'Transfer of Licences' is legit in TS2 game.

I haven't had the time to email EA, the disks are in perfect condition, yet none of my friends have TS2. I may possibly buy a new and not used version soon if EA don't help. I've been dying to play TS2 since I first got it. It appears on the desktop library when putting it in the disk drive, but I can get up to the code bit...
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Many thanks!

I haven't had the time to email EA, the disks are in perfect condition, yet none of my friends have TS2. I may possibly buy a new and not used version soon if EA don't help. I've been dying to play TS2 since I first got it. It appears on the desktop library when putting it in the disk drive, but I can get up to the code bit...

I would highly suggest you contact EA with photos of the disks you currently own with a date of purchase. It would save you money in the long run getting Sims 2 UC and the wait time for snail mail delivery. Sims 2 UC is much lighter on the wallet though if you have purchased sims 2 UC on amazon you can contact an adviser but contacting EA would be a lot less painless.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios