Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some must get items from the Store?

ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
So far I've been on my TS3 adventure for 1.5 week and I'm loving it more and more everyday.
The base game itself was already amazing, with DLC it became even better but with the store objects it's like . on top of the i level perfect.
That store... It's literally a candy shop for me :lol:

So I was wondering what items/clothes are must get from the Store?
So far I've bought few worlds, multitab, some clothes, hairstyles etc but I would like to hear opinions from players that have been playing TS3 longer than I have. So if you know any must get items/clothes please comment them so I can add them to my Wishlist and start saving money :).

Here is my Wishlist so you guys can see what I like.(it's mostly clothes and hairstyles because I feel like my game could use more clothes for toddlers/kids/teens).
Post edited by ItsJanier on

Comments

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    @ItsJanier For store content it all depends on your play style, but things like the deep fryer and ice cream machine are fun. If you like kids stuff check out this post this includes tip top toddler that is on your Wishlist. I do recommend stopping by the Daily Deal thread to help you get the most stuff for what simpoints you have.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    @ItsJanier For store content it all depends on your play style, but things like the deep fryer and ice cream machine are fun. If you like kids stuff check out this post this includes tip top toddler that is on your Wishlist. I do recommend stopping by the Daily Deal thread to help you get the most stuff for what simpoints you have.

Thank you so much for the tips :smile:@angeljess26
    I checked those deep fryer and Ice cream machine that you mentioned and those look really nice. I might add them to my wishlist.
    When I play TS3 I enjoy creating drama, focusing on the family, trying new things, creating stories and things like that.

Thank you for those links. Those will be really useful for sure!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @ItsJanier Check out the link for the kids stuff if you like to play families. One of the items in it (baby / toddler swing) is really helpful. Just be warned sims tend to make a mess when you put in the deep fryer and ice cream machine especially if you have both. As for creating drama try the cow plant, it may just eat someone. The deep fryer, ice cream machine and the cow plant all come on sale on the daily deal so stop by and check out the thread or just check out the spreadsheet link in my signature.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    @ItsJanier Check out the link for the kids stuff if you like to play families. One of the items in it (baby / toddler swing) is really helpful. Just be warned sims tend to make a mess when you put in the deep fryer and ice cream machine especially if you have both. As for creating drama try the cow plant, it may just eat someone. The deep fryer, ice cream machine and the cow plant all come on sale on the daily deal so stop by and check out the thread or just check out the spreadsheet link in my signature.

Thank you so much for the tips & I totally will do that :smile:
    I love it how kind people are here :heart:
  • Options
    @ItsJanier no problem
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ItsJanier: I would definitely recommend checking out the DD thread. The first page has several posts full of tips showing you how to be able to "own the store" as cheaply as possible (Merelhyn has even more tips in her own thread), especially by doing cascades.

The original link that angeljess gave was for doing the Animals Abound cascade, which is all stuff for toddlers and children. You start off by buying a single item in one set, then you get that set for CYS, and then it cascades down and you get set after set for free. You CANNOT be gifted the first item or set - you MUST purchase it yourself for the cascade to work. (Learned this the hard way; I used the cascade for myself, but when I was earning the store for my best friend, someone gifted her that first set, and it broke the cascade.)

There's a cascade based on the Oh My Goth compilation, but unfortunately, EA kept tweaking their prices on items deliberately to break that one, and they succeeded. You can still get it pretty cheaply by following the cascade, it just won't be free one after another like it used to be.

There are several other cascades; I don't remember all of them, but it's really fun when you get them, because you get green download button after green download button, and when you're done with that cascade, you own a lot of stuff for a lot less than you would have expected to spend.

If you read up on the cascades, and follow the DD, and you'll spend less money than you will otherwise. And you might even find that getting that green download button (meaning the set is free for you at that point) is more exciting than playing the game. I know I did! :p
  • Options
    @ItsJanier: I would definitely recommend checking out the DD thread. The first page has several posts full of tips showing you how to be able to "own the store" as cheaply as possible (Merelhyn has even more tips in her own thread), especially by doing cascades.

The original link that angeljess gave was for doing the Animals Abound cascade, which is all stuff for toddlers and children. You start off by buying a single item in one set, then you get that set for CYS, and then it cascades down and you get set after set for free. You CANNOT be gifted the first item or set - you MUST purchase it yourself for the cascade to work. (Learned this the hard way; I used the cascade for myself, but when I was earning the store for my best friend, someone gifted her that first set, and it broke the cascade.)

There's a cascade based on the Oh My Goth compilation, but unfortunately, EA kept tweaking their prices on items deliberately to break that one, and they succeeded. You can still get it pretty cheaply by following the cascade, it just won't be free one after another like it used to be.

There are several other cascades; I don't remember all of them, but it's really fun when you get them, because you get green download button after green download button, and when you're done with that cascade, you own a lot of stuff for a lot less than you would have expected to spend.

If you read up on the cascades, and follow the DD, and you'll spend less money than you will otherwise. And you might even find that getting that green download button (meaning the set is free for you at that point) is more exciting than playing the game. I know I did! :p

Thank you so much for the tips @MiaSkywalker
    I'm definately gonna try following cascades before getting the items "normal way".
    Just waiting for a payday to come :smiley:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'd recommend looking at the premium content depending on what you feel the game lacks. I love the bath thingy and the baby monitor, the walking ring is great for busy parents since it teaches the walking skill.

I just love most of the store premium items XD