Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange time issue

MimblewimbleMimblewimble Posts: 107 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 2
I just noticed that when I fast forward, time passes almost as slowly as it does on the slowest setting, but the sims needs still increase/decrease just as fast as they usually do when I fast forward. For example, my sims can go to bed at 10 pm and be fully rested by midnight.

I played just the other day without any problems, and I haven't downloaded any CC or mods since then. I also tried playing another family, and everything worked just fine, so it seems it's just one household that's affected. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Time seems to be slower on all settings, actually.

Comments

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I just noticed that when I fast forward, time passes almost as slowly as it does on the slowest setting, but the sims needs still increase/decrease just as fast as they usually do when I fast forward. For example, my sims can go to bed at 10 pm and be fully rested by midnight.

I played just the other day without any problems, and I haven't downloaded any CC or mods since then. I also tried playing another family, and everything worked just fine, so it seems it's just one household that's affected. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Time seems to be slower on all settings, actually.

If you have a mod that messes with time in any way, it could be the culprit even if it's not new. (Some mods take a bit of playtime to throw up conflicts.) But, you also could have messed up the time settings in-game somehow. If you have a user startup cheat, is it possible that "slowmotion x" (Wherein x represents 0-8) is in it?

You can try to open up the cheat window and type "slowmotion 0" in an attempt to fix it. The slowmo could be lot-specific, I've forgotten if it saves, and I think it affects all the settings.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]