Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread Closing

keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
Am I the only one who thinks the closing of threads is a bit excessive? I was getting useful information out of one my threads and now it is closed because it apparently was "off topic" I read through the thread and I didn't feel like it was off topic at all. I get it when there is an argument going on but if simmers are talking among themselves and staying relatively on topic, I don't see the issue.

I was looking for the open thread on this topic but I could not find it. FYI before this gets closed too *sigh*.

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If a thread is particularly useful to you, you can always bookmark it, either on this site or on your web browser. You can still read a thread that's been closed for further comments, so long as the thread isn't deleted.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2018
    I thought it was within reason. It does look like the discussion went off topic, and since the main concern behind it was already addressed a couple days ago...

And yes, this one might also get closed because discussing moderation is against the forum rules
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Unfortunate that it was closed, but my guess that too much off topic arguing was seen and it was decided nothing constructive could be added anymore.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I thought it was within reason. It does look like the discussion went off topic, and since the main concern behind it was already addressed a couple days ago...

And yes, this one might also get closed because discussing moderation is against the forum rules

What is this place now? What a ridiculous rule.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

Well, no. You can't be a guest in someone's house and then criticize their housekeeping... so to speak. Cheers.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2018

Every forum I've ever been on has had the same rule. Otherwise you'd have people making topics endlessly about why they got banned, or why their post was deleted, or why their topic was closed.. which not only bogs down the atmosphere of the forum, but also isn't constructive because it's not going to reverse the decision that was made.

I've disagreed with some of the thread closing decisions, like the "we care" thread that got closed a while back, I thought it was harmless. But honestly it's not my forum to moderate.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member

This rule has always been in place from the beginning of this site.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2018
    Hey folks,

As mentioned - threads discussing moderation or actions by the moderators aren't allowed so I am going to have to close this discussion.

As a quick edit - If anyone has questions about how we moderate, feel free to send us a direct message and we'll be happy to clarify.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top