Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help, invisible buildings in CAW (closed)

plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 3 World Builders
I'm building a world called Burton and I wanted to add some metropolitan buildings for decoration. I added many of them in the city center but when I scroll in, the buildings go invisible and I can only see their foundations. I play tested my world and the buildings still go invisible.

Is there any way to stop this happening? I don't want to turn the buildings into lots; I just wanted them for decoration. Thanks in advance :)
Post edited by plushtrap_107 on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited May 2018
    You might want to put this query in the world tool section.

My first thought (and I am no expert) is where did you get the buildings from? If it was the world object list in CAW then you will need someone far more au fait with CAW than me to help. If you got the buildings from your game then it may well be you need to draw out lots to place them on to get them to function properly. I always thought you needed to do this even if you were going to set lot properties to no visitors allowed. See what the experts say and good luck in resolving the issue.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Bettyboop55, thanks for helping :) I'm not sure how to close threads so I'll make this one again in the world tool section and put closed in the title.

Yes, I used the buildings from the world object list. I tried editing in game and turning on the buydebug cheat but my buildings still kept going invisible there too.