Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from TS2

I used to love using the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to find my sim a date. It would be interesting to see who they hooked them up with. If you paid her a lot, she'll give your sims a good match.

Is there anything like this feature in TS3?

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Theres the wishing well that came with Lucky Palms, you can use it to wish for love.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    thank you Goul !
  • Options
    Isn't there a wishing well in Hidden Springs?
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2018
    No it is in Lucky Palms,what you do is wish for love.But be sure if a new game you "Choose" your preferred gender first.You do this by a romantic type interaction with any sim of the gender you are seeking.If not the well might just give your dashing male sim a boyfriend.If you are into randomness then just go for it.

You get to kiss a frog :p

yKMSF46.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    LOL !!! I've kissed some frogs and NONE of them turned into a prince!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Another fun way to find a date if anyone wants to.

With Dragon Valley you get a Purple dragon,you get the option to "Summon someone new" what this does is randomly grab any one sim in your whole town you have not met yet.Warps them right to your house :p Can be any sim in your town!!!!! just hit summon new.

Note: Starting up a new game you have not met anyone so the entire population is up for grabs in your love roulette

Rules

You choose a gender you prefer in your head before using it

You have to pick and pursue the first sim of that gender that appears in your house.

Are you up to the challenge.???

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    that sounds cool ; I'll try that over the weekend
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I was going to suggest the matchmaker option from the Day Spa, but then I noticed it is from the "W" mod at Nraas.

There's also the online dating profiles on the computer.
    I'm a 49 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Best blind date ever,it is how you blind date in sims 3.Pretend your friend hooked you up with the mystery sim.

By the way too bad I was not playing a real game a while back in Riverview.For fun started a game summoned a sim and I got

Constance Shelley :love: Yupp dead serious my fave RV sim.Very first sim I hit summon new got her.Betty is my fave but a teen but Adult/YA Constance.

But is fun cause you have to stick with what you get even not your type appearance wise,personality wise.They may even be the happily married woman with three kids and yes you have to pursue her get her to leave her hubby.Is super fun.

Go purple dragon...told ya got Constance

1MsMuCb.png

o6EQ9Gi.png

uk0JctG.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I was going to suggest the matchmaker option from the Day Spa, but then I noticed it is from the "W" mod at Nraas.

The WrittenWord mod? That's strange. Why do you think the nraas people would incorporate that feature? It just seems so incongruous to me.

@CravenLestat That's all fine when the new arrival just needs a good makeover. But I have to ask, what would your simself do if he was looking for some company and Judy Bunch showed up in his living room?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member

The WrittenWord mod? That's strange. Why do you think the nraas people would incorporate that feature? It just seems so incongruous to me.
    (facepalms) Say goodnight, Gracie. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options

@CravenLestat That's all fine when the new arrival just needs a good makeover. But I have to ask, what would your simself do if he was looking for some company and Judy Bunch showed up in his living room?

I would have to go for it,and never give townies makeovers so if truly had too would see what result I get from the plastic surgery hospital feature from Pets exp.Although what makes Judy hideous to me is her sim troll voice.You cannot change that with surgery so my ears would bleed every day of our married life.

And if you try it....... I now curse you with getting Beau Andrews :D I cannot stand him.He is a nasty slob burps and passes gas constantly,is inapropriate too also couch potato and has troll man voice.Hate that sim.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Scorpina2009 Do want to point out the wishing well sims are the 'Pudding type" sliders all set the same the generated type.Which is why I suggested the dragon cause you get townies/homeless/NPCs.But I like a pudding sim every now and then so is still worth it.

Start at 2:36 first is fail where the frog jumps back in "Imagine being rejected by a frog :| " and success where you kiss it and turns into a sim who you have "Auto relationship with" just so you know you are insta lovers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW25Ausx9DE

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    thank you Craven
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I miss her a lot @Scorpina2009.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    This is a very useful thread! I still play The Sims 2 and love the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I didn't know or remember that you have these options for blind dates in The Sims 3 too. I'm definitely going to try them out soon.

@meerkattime: I don't know with which mod or with ep it comes but if you visit the Spa of your town, you can meet the matchmaker in the rabbit hole. But it's a shame because we got the caravan, we have a store set related to the style but we don't have the matching people. :'(
    Chiromantic missed me too in this game and the crystal ball she cleans ahaha. All my SN sims believes in Magic and in Psychic.
    and those of Magic Town in sims 1 was my favourite object.

on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    love Magic Town from The Sims 1 too. I loved the music, the atmosphere, everything in there! I have bought the caravan set from The Store too. Hmm, I'll have to see if I can find the matchmaker :smile: . Thank you @Simsophonique !

@meerkattime : I have suspicions it comes from Nrass *********** , very strong suspicions but I am 90% not sure. Maybe but if you're not an adult , I don't advice you to download it. :s
    Post edited by Simsophonique on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Simsophonique and @meerkattime, the NRaas “W” mod cannot be mentioned on these forums. It is inappropriate for those under 18. :) Please edit your posts! :)
  • Options
    jordand wrote: »
    @Simsophonique and @meerkattime, the NRaas “W” mod cannot be mentioned on these forums. It is inappropriate for those under 18. :) Please edit your posts! :)

@jorland : if you know how to delete my account, just tell me . I am tired of that censorship.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Simsophonique, I’m sorry if I sounded short in my original post. I was just trying to give you a heads up that the EA moderators do not allow that mod to be mentioned in these forums.

I do not know how to delete an account, but I hope that you will choose to stay active. These forums are filled with lots of friendly and helpful people who truly enjoy discussing the game and sharing their game play with one another. I usually lurk because I don’t get to play very often these days, but truly enjoy visiting this forum every day to read updates from others. :)
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited May 2018
    I actually find it quite funny that the mod can´t be mentioned here and the different ways people refer to it. In my head it´s now forever "The mod that shall not be named"! :D

The wishing well in Lucky Palms gave me an elder face one with horrible clothing choices, but that´s what CAS is for. (I didn´t fix his face because I was a noob at that point and couldn´t even see it. But he was a nice guy. Have to try that again sometimes).
    Screenshot-x73.jpg

Screenshot-x78.jpg

Screenshot-x79.jpg

The "summon someone new" with the purple dragon brought my coward sim a ghost for some reason. It didn´t end well. Did not try again.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I love using the online dating for my sims. As someone who is scared sh**less to talk to cute guys in person I imagine my sims would feel similar and would enjoy the anonymity and comfort of getting to know their man online before meeting for real. :p